Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1635023 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 4:17pm On Apr 22, 2021
ayophil25:
Good day to all the gurus in the house. I have been following and reading this tread and some of the previous ones for a while now. I want to apply for masters in US.
I observed that the only discussion here starts from interview, going through transcripts and any other payment after being given admission(if I am right).
I graduated with 2:1 Accounting. Should I write GRE or GMAT. Also, I don't know if there is a tread for those seeking admission. Where we can see samples of LOI(letter of Intent), SOP and the likes.
I will really appreciate ur responses.

GMAT
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
Tylerbaby:
Hi, guys. I checked my sevis payment status, and I realized it still shows paid. I made payment in 2019. I'm confused if the payment is still valid. Photo attached.

Send an email to DHS on:fmjfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov to know if your SEVIS fee is still valid. Include your SEVIS fee receipt ( coupon generated) as attachment in the email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 4:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
Depending on the Masters you want to do, if you're going for an MBA in a top school - Go for GMAT, otherwise GRE should suffice for most scenarios.

The thread is filled with interview questions currently because that's the current season. If you're looking for admission advice, check earlier in the thread or older threads.

ayophil25:
Good day to all the gurus in the house. I have been following and reading this tread and some of the previous ones for a while now. I want to apply for masters in US.
I observed that the only discussion here starts from interview, going through transcripts and any other payment after being given admission(if I am right).
I graduated with 2:1 Accounting. Should I write GRE or GMAT. Also, I don't know if there is a tread for those seeking admission. Where we can see samples of LOI(letter of Intent), SOP and the likes.
I will really appreciate ur responses.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 4:37pm On Apr 22, 2021
Tayoade19:
Hello people, it's true......June 1 is now available at Lagos embassy.
Yes but I'm not sure whether people never book am finish

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babes123: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2021
Many thanks. Done.
Lilly001:
Yes
Pay I 90 fees is the right tab to fill the form to generate the payment coupon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Is it that you have not gotten admission notification?
I have not gotten too if that is the case oo. But my program is MBA.

homodele:
Hello house, is there anyone here that applied to Western Illinois University for a Masters in Quantitative Economics that has gotten an admission decision from the school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 5:05pm On Apr 22, 2021
Do they require I-20 at the port of entry?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Debbss: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
obajoey:

Yes, very important so as not to be turned back

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UZAD: 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes i applied too, same course, not heard from them, i strongly believe they would send all the package together

homodele:
Hello house, is there anyone here that applied to Western Illinois University for a Masters in Quantitative Economics that has gotten an admission decision from the school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 5:59pm On Apr 22, 2021
Do you intend to leave it back home?

obajoey:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 6:41pm On Apr 22, 2021
kastgeraldino:
Do you intend to leave it back home?

Lol. Bro, I am asking cos of these schools sending soft copy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taciturnity: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello Sir, I sent you a pm. I hope you don't mind [qquote author=lemine post=100976551]Please I will like to know if you write GRE before you get funding?

quote author=Picricchem post=100931692]

Embassy Location: Abuja

School name: Kennesaw State University, metro Atlanta Georgia.

Program: Ms. Chemistry.

UG Degree : Chemistry.

GRE & Toefl Scores if there is Any: 304 no toefl.

GPA : 3.07 Wes (2.2 gpa)

Financial Aid/Funding:
GTA : 32,300
Deficit = 14k +
COA = 47K
Sponsor: Uncle

I heard about Kennesaw state university from Brown2green. May God bless him.

I'm grateful to God Almighty that made today possible. Everything started in 2019.
I wrote GRE and applied to schools but they all rejected me then I ran to Nairaland to tender my case.

One angel saw my case on Nairaland and sent a mail to me. We call him Pepe �. I thank God for using Pepe for me. He told me to go and do WES so that I can get admission and funding. I told him it wasn't possible becos I didn't have that kind of money. He pressed on me until I did WES, then my story changed.

I am so happy right now. Only God could have done this.

I planned to have my interview at a later date but I just discovered that my passport will remain exactly 6 months tomorrow. God gave me today's date in short �

Interview
Vo: good morning
Me: good morning sir.
Vo: do you have up to six months on this passport.
Me: yes sir. It will remain six months tomorrow.
Vo: where are you going in the US?
Me: I'm going to kennesaw state university for my Master's degree in chemistry. I got this offer in 2020 but due to covid lockdown I couldn't secure an appointment.
Vo: oh, I see.
Me: yes sir. In fact my assistantship was kept for me.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo : why do you want to have this degree?
Me: I planned to join a multinational company here in Nigeria as a research and development Chemist, and this degree will put me in the best position to achieve that.
I'm currently eyeing Nestlé, OLAM, and Unilever.
Vo: where are you working presently?
Me: I'm working with Nestlé Nigeria on contract. I joined them pending the beginning of my program as I can't take up any permanent appointment until I get my Master's.
Vo: nodding in agreement.
Vo: have you travelled out before?
Me: No sir.
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me : named him.
Vo: what does he do?
Me: he holds the position of vice president at OLAM international. So he controls all their manufacturing activities in Nigeria.
Vo: didn't get OLAM so I spelt for him.
Vo: why does he want to sponsor you?
Me: he was the one that advised me to go for my Master's abroad to gain a better research knowledge and international exposure before I join their company as R&grin Chemist. He promised to render all the necessary support and he's doing just that. In fact he gave me the money last year before I realized I couldn't go.
Vo: the money is in your account?
Me: No sir. In his account.
Vo: do you have his statement?
Me: yes I do. Gave him.
While he collected it to check, I quickly added.. that's just his transactional account, not his salary account.
Me: the assistantship I have has covered full tuition and living expenses, he's just covering the miscellaneous expenses.
Vo: checked the i20 again, then drop the account statement and then he said something I didn't hear and gave me the white paper.
Me: still standing at his front like I was in another world.
Vo: you are free to go.

Hallelujah!
The security there said it was the longest interview.

I appreciate everyone on this thread. Thanks so much!

Spence, thanks so much for words of wisdom.

Pepe my brother, I love you so much.

Glory be to God![/quote]

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taciturnity: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hello fam, trust we all doing good?
Please is there anyone that got offer of admission from either Westchester university, Azusa pacific university or university of Delaware
I appreciate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UncleAyo: 7:28pm On Apr 22, 2021
please, I need urgent reply.

I am thinking of cancelling my visa appointment, so I can be able to pick a new closer date.

Won't I be required to pay for another visa appointment?

please, help me with this question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
Yes you are right. Let give them some time.
UZAD:
Yes i applied too, same course, not heard from them, i strongly believe they would send all the package together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ellamma1(f): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please anyone that applied to wiu for masters in communication?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2021
If you have never cancelled before, you can cancel. Each individual has 2 attempts
UncleAyo:
please, I need urgent reply.

I am thinking of cancelling my visa appointment, so I can be able to pick a new closer date.

Won't I be required to pay for another visa appointment?

please, help me with this question
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yinkaadesegha: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2021
Please I discovered there is a little error in the confirmation receipt I got after paying my sevis fee, I discovered a letter was added to my surname ADEBAYOS INSTEAD OF ADEBAYO. please hope that won't affect me during my interview? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UncleAyo: 8:34pm On Apr 22, 2021
Thank you for this reply

Bigsecret:
If you have never cancelled before, you can cancel. Each individual has 2 attempts
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by babes123: 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pls people, i just secured a visa appointment at Abuja for oct 21 but my school resumes this aug. When can one apply the emergency rule, is it now or when it is 60days to my resumption. Thanks for all your help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2021
babes123:
Pls people, i just secured a visa appointment at Abuja for oct 21 but my school resumes this aug. When can one apply the emergency rule, is it now or when it is 60days to my resumption. Thanks for all your help
You've to wait till June(60 days before the commencement of your program) before you request for emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2021
UncleAyo:
Thank you for this reply

Bigsecret:

You can only cancel once else you'll pay for another MRV fee
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fabuloski(m): 8:57pm On Apr 22, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Wait o, I have already rescheduled my appointment once, can I also use this cancel option and choose another date without paying?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ktancing(m): 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Good Evening Famz.

Please who has received admission from University of North Alabama?

I have been contacted via email that my admission package, acceptance letter and I-20 would be sent via email.

I thought I should be able to access my admission and acceptance letters via their webiste.

Please I will like to hear from people that already have their offer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UncleAyo: 9:10pm On Apr 22, 2021
Thanks for Adding this

But will I be able to use the reschedule option later in the case I cannot find a closer date for a visa intervew appointment?
horlahsunbo225:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Zigii: 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2021
If you would like to request corrections to your I-901 SEVIS Fee receipt because you have noticed misspellings, would like to go to a different school, or would like to transfer your payment to a new SEVIS record, you must first e-mail a detailed request to FMJfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov.

OTHER INFORMATION
Because of the high volume of fee transfer and change requests, please e-mail your request a minimum of two weeks before your visa interview to ensure enough time to complete the changes. You can check the status of your request by logging into FMJfee.com to review the status of your correction and print your I-901 SEVIS Fee receipt. Within two weeks, if your requested changes are not complete, please contact the SEVP Response Center at 703-603-3400.

Found this on their website

yinkaadesegha:
Please I discovered there is a little error in the confirmation receipt I got after paying my sevis fee, I discovered a letter was added to my surname ADEBAYOS INSTEAD OF ADEBAYO. please hope that won't affect me during my interview? Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2021
Hi guys...I have a few questions.
I filled a ds-160 form some years back for tourist visa, now I have to fill another for F1 visa, I do not have access to the email I used in the previous application, please how can I retrieve it or change to my new email.
Also, I await assistantship decision, but I have my I-20, do you suggest I go ahead and book interview date with the I-20 I have now and is it possible to change it later.
Thank you guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yinkaadesegha: 9:29pm On Apr 22, 2021
Zigii:

If you would like to request corrections to your I-901 SEVIS Fee receipt because you have noticed misspellings, would like to go to a different school, or would like to transfer your payment to a new SEVIS record, you must first e-mail a detailed request to FMJfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov.

OTHER INFORMATION
Because of the high volume of fee transfer and change requests, please e-mail your request a minimum of two weeks before your visa interview to ensure enough time to complete the changes. You can check the status of your request by logging into FMJfee.com to review the status of your correction and print your I-901 SEVIS Fee receipt. Within two weeks, if your requested changes are not complete, please contact the SEVP Response Center at 703-603-3400.

Found this on their website

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:32pm On Apr 22, 2021
UncleAyo:
Thanks for Adding this

But will I be able to use the reschedule option later in the case I cannot find a closer date for a visa intervew appointment?

Fabuloski:

Wait o, I have already rescheduled my appointment once, can I also use this cancel option and choose another date without paying?

This is my personal experience, I booked abuja June 25the and today I cancel the appointment and book Lagos today June 1 today.....I can't find reschedule button and if I cancel now I'll pay another MRV fee....so please thread careful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
Pefuele:

Send an email to DHS on:fmjfee.sevis@ice.dhs.gov to know if your SEVIS fee is still valid. Include your SEVIS fee receipt ( coupon generated) as attachment in the email.
Thank you. I have sent them a message but they are yet to reply. My interview is in some weeks time. Is it possible that my sevis payment is still valid or it's normal for it to appear that way?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 9:43pm On Apr 22, 2021
homodele:
People have gotten in the group I am. So you go call graduate studies to send your documents to the department. And if it is already under review, call your department to confirm. No dull moments.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fabuloski(m): 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

This is my personal experience, I booked abuja June 25the and today I cancel the appointment and book Lagos today June 1 today.....I can't find reschedule button and if I cancel now I'll pay another MRV fee....so please thread careful

So basically you have only made just one appointment beforehand?

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.