Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,824 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634415 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 9:52am On May 02, 2021
Guys, I have a quick urgent question please

My visa interview is by 12pm on the 4th of May

I would be arriving around 11:30AM. I’m coming from a long distance cry

Please hope this is not a late time to be at the embassy?

Someone was telling me I have to be there 2 hours before the time on my appointment confirmation printout.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by khoray(f): 10:05am On May 02, 2021
Someone kindly help answer these questions.

khoray:
Hello house,

My 1-20 program start/end date is 2021-2024 (3years). It is a Master's program. Is this the duration I should fill on my Ds-160?

Also, I want to change sponsors. My previous sponsor was not named on my 1-20 and my deficit was put as personal funds. Will it be okay to change sponsors?

Please @Twoods and other gurus help answer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 10:21am On May 02, 2021
khoray:
Hello house,

My 1-20 program start/end date is 2021-2024 (3years). It is a Master's program. Is this the duration I should fill on my Ds-160?

Also, I want to change sponsors. My previous sponsor was not named on my 1-20 and my deficit was put as personal funds. Will it be okay to change sponsors?

Please @Twoods and other gurus help answer.
hi.
1. use the start/end dates on your i20.
2. personal funds means you're the one covering the deficit of your program.
if that has changed, mail your school requesting for a new i20 and ask them to change the sponsor part to "family". that way you can use any 3rd party as sponsor. The new i20 can be sent through email since embassy still accepts printed copy.
My 2cents. Hope this helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 10:22am On May 02, 2021
KemLaughs:
Thank you Doyin
share your transcripts please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 10:22am On May 02, 2021
Haba. Where do you guys usually meet these people that tell you people rubbish? Can't you even do basic research on when you should arrive? Don't just be late; you can arrive by 12pm if you want to.

MelaninGemstone:

My visa interview is by 12pm on the 7th of May

Someone was telling me I have to be there 2 hours before the time on my appointment confirmation printout.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brainboss1: 10:22am On May 02, 2021
MelaninGemstone:

My visa interview is by 12pm on the 7th of May

Coming from a long distance and planning to arrive by 11:30am when your interview is for 12 noon is not safe. I will advise against that, you have to keep time for unforeseen circumstances.
It's better for you to arrive and maybe stay somewhere closeby.
Read your visa confirmation letter, you will see instructions there as regards arrival time for the interview.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Celoexpress: 10:29am On May 02, 2021
What profile do we update this on after updating something on the ds160 please?

Also, after trying this system you suggested, does anything change on the new ds 160 that I need to update on my profile?

Lastly, what would I change on my appointment page?

Please advise.

Stevenssen:

First of all get your i-20 from the new school. Then,

For your ds-160 :
Retrieve your old ds-160 form, it'll tell you that this form has been submitted and ask if you want to view the confirmation page or create new one from it, select the later option. A new one will be created with many details from the old one and only very few key information that you have to refill. You can as well make changes anywhere on the new one if you want.
Make sure you write the new number out and update it on your profile.
ps : you can update your ds-160 on your profile as long as it's more than 72 hours to your interview.

For your Sevis fee : go to fmjfee dot com . Check your i901 status, then from there you'll see an option to transfer to a new school.

Also remember to update the necessary details on your visa appointment profile.

EDIT : I don't actually know if you can update those details on your profile.
I remember trying to change my zip code to a new school after booking appointment and I couldn't. Thankfully it didn't affect my visa interview.
But yours are bigger and more important details, so it might be different in your case. Not certain.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by khoray(f): 10:32am On May 02, 2021
Thank you so much Doyin. I am grateful for your response.

dodoyinsolar202:
hi.
1. use the start/end dates on your i20.
2. personal funds means you're the one covering the deficit of your program.
if that has changed, mail your school requesting for a new i20 and ask them to change the sponsor part to "family". that way you can use any 3rd party as sponsor. The new i20 can be sent through email since embassy still accepts printed copy.
My 2cents. Hope this helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by khoray(f): 11:35am On May 02, 2021
Hello house

May 27 and June 3rd is currently available for VISA appointment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zellfoxx: 11:47am On May 02, 2021
May 27 is Children's day. It might be declared a Public holiday so I think it's best to select another day.

khoray:
Hello house

May 27 and June 3rd is currently available for VISA appointment.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gerona: 12:38pm On May 02, 2021
Thank you for your response, most appreciated.

dodoyinsolar202:
hi.
1. I know of schools requesting proof of funding prior provision of i20. Don't know about the Ref letter. Check in with your school to know their requirement.
2.Go with both if you have.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Unlimitedurch: 1:05pm On May 02, 2021
Damilare68:
Please o. Who has taken the train from lagos to Ibadan and Ibadan to Lagos. Kinda confused with the information online. Is the drop off and boarding point Ebute Metta or Yaba.

Thanks for the clarification.
yaba
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chrisadigwe: 1:54pm On May 02, 2021
Please I have been denied twice with different sponsors.

The first time I used my dad as sponsor but stated company and family friend on my i20

The second time I stated family on my i20 and uncle in Nigeria while using my uncle on my i20 but his surname is different from my own

But now I have a uncle that has the surname with me and is ready to give me his statement.

Do you think it’s advisable to change sponsor again

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Koskos95: 2:15pm On May 02, 2021
Pleasse, who knows of an affordable hotel close to the USA embassy in Abuja?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by olalekan123: 4:38pm On May 02, 2021
Please, I'll be resuming to Bowling Green State University this Fall 2021. I'd like to connect with anyone going to the same school or that is currently there.

WhatsApp 09058233443
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 6:14pm On May 02, 2021
olalekan123:
Please, I'll be resuming to Bowling Green State University this Fall 2021. I'd like to connect with anyone going to the same school or that is currently there.

WhatsApp 09058233443
Thank you.
Hello! Please, were you given assistantship? And how much is your deficit?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 6:17pm On May 02, 2021
chrisadigwe:
Please I have been denied twice with different sponsors.

The first time I used my dad as sponsor but stated company and family friend on my i20

The second time I stated family on my i20 and uncle in Nigeria while using my uncle on my i20 but his surname is different from my own

But now I have a uncle that has the surname with me and is ready to give me his statement.

Do you think it’s advisable to change sponsor again

Thanks
Were you rejected because of the statement of account? So what has changed apart from this statement. Talk to me.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmalextemtop: 6:18pm On May 02, 2021
Hello!

Please what are the processes and full documents needed for visa application in U.S?

Thanks for your apt answers!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by COMFORTeconz: 6:36pm On May 02, 2021
Hello All,
Pls I need your advice.
I plan using the company account, where I work, and my mum as my sponsor. I got admission to master of science in Business Analytics. My employer is ready to give whatever document I need . I plan to write that my company will cover the full cost of the tuition while my mum settles the rest of the fees,In turn I will sign a two year contract to return and work for the company after my studies.
Should I carry one with this idea, does it make sense.
Plssssss,advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AdeGbuyi20(m): 7:39pm On May 02, 2021
COMFORTeconz:
Hello All,
Pls I need your advice.
I plan using the company account, where I work, and my mum as my sponsor. I got admission to master of science in Business Analytics. My employer is ready to give whatever document I need . I plan to write that my company will cover the full cost of the tuition while my mum settles the rest of the fees,In turn I will sign a two year contract to return and work for the company after my studies.
Should I carry one with this idea, does it make sense.
Plssssss,advice
Hello, I have some questions you can help me with.
I am almost a graduate of accounting looking forward to getting MSc in business analytics.
How do I start my research for schools. Any standardized test needed?
Pls help me know what I should know.
Thank you so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RoyalDukeDon: 8:32pm On May 02, 2021
Please what's the meaning of 'GA'.
TEMIT0PE:
This is not advisable.
Let the money remain in your sponsor's account and present his SoA when you are asked for it.
You already have a GA so there wouldn't be too much scrutiny on your Finances.
If you still want to move the money to your account however, be ready to have a back up answer to questions around your job and savings.
It's your call.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asiwaju101: 8:53pm On May 02, 2021
Hello guys, good evening all,
Pls is there anyone going to the University of Idaho this fall, pls I really need to link up with anyone going to the school,
Very important and urgent, we can help ourselves achieve our dreams.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by RoyalDukeDon: 9:04pm On May 02, 2021
I sent you a mail,can I ask u some questions
Antisocial1:
Hello,
Can anyone help with a mock interview? I would greatly appreciate

Going for Undergrad studies
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 9:53pm On May 02, 2021
Graduate Assiatantship

RoyalDukeDon:
Please what's the meaning of 'GA'.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Twume1: 10:29pm On May 02, 2021
Twume1:
Good evening,
Please am Eric Twum from Ghana and I have been refused F-1 Visa twice at the US Embassy in Ghana. I am applying again with an instate tuition /resident scholarship from another university in US with an estimated cost of $18,175 .00. my Uncle will be sponsoring me and I would like to find out about my chances of getting the F-1 Visa approve. Any advice from the experts.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Summertime: 10:49pm On May 02, 2021
Greetings to everyone here. Pls gurus while filling my DS form,I filled the duration of my studies as 2years cos thats what was written on the department site which I was admitted to. However, I just realized on my I-20 that the duration is from August 2021 - May 2024, which makes it approximately 3 years. I have already submitted the form, will this cause any issue during interview. Also my program is for 2 years However, my program offers a dual program which is 3 years. I was admitted to my preferred (single) program and it came out on my I-20 as 3 years.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Beth125: 11:08pm On May 02, 2021
Hello everyone kindly assist with universities I can apply for masters in accounting with affordable tuition fees. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 11:13pm On May 02, 2021
Calm down. What you did is right. Perhaps they may have added the OPT as the additional year, but this is what pretty much everyone has on their I-20. So no need to change anything. MBA is for 2 years, but everyone's I-20 shows 3 years

Summertime:
Greetings to everyone here. Pls gurus while filling my DS form,I filled the duration of my studies as 2years cos thats what was written on the department site which I was admitted to. However, I just realized on my I-20 that the duration is from August 2021 - May 2024, which makes it approximately 3 years. I have already submitted the form, will this cause any issue during interview. Also my program is for 2 years However, my program offers a dual program which is 3 years. I was admitted to my preferred (single) program and it came out on my I-20 as 3 years.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chrisadigwe: 11:25pm On May 02, 2021
Jukwasi:
Were you rejected because of the statement of account? So what has changed apart from this statement. Talk to me.

Hi thanks for your response

The first time I did a big mistake. I had my i20 showing Company and family friend as my sponsor while I filled in my dad on my ds160. I think the VO took note on that and denied me

The second I tried to rectify from the school. I changed my sponsor to my uncle and filled the same on my ds160 but I was denied.

Am currently going for the third time now but I don’t know if I should use another sponsor with my own surname

Please kindly advise and I don’t mind chatting you up privately
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frapzkid: 12:38am On May 03, 2021
MelaninGemstone:
Easiest way to get a visa is if you are
-Married
-Have travel history (even if it’s one country abroad)
-Have good funding with little deficit

If you ain’t got this three things, your visa na just try your luck
This is basically nonsense.
I have denied visa despite having travel history.

Easiest way to get a visa
1. Do a clear and well detailed ds 160 form making sure you remove all red flags
2. Make sure you defend what you wrote in your ds 160 form .

Is simple like that stop complicating matters

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by COMFORTeconz: 12:39am On May 03, 2021
AdeGbuyi20:

Hello, I have some questions you can help me with.
I am almost a graduate of accounting looking forward to getting MSc in business analytics.
How do I start my research for schools. Any standardized test needed?
Pls help me know what I should know.
Thank you so much.
Some schools are waiving standardized test for fall 2021 and spring 2022 due to the pandemic,buh it depends on your cpga and your score in your quantitative course.
I wish u luck

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by frapzkid: 12:47am On May 03, 2021
Oluwathoyin:
Thanks alot
Wrong sir.
Though this not really matter.
Book number is not the number of pages on a passport.
Book number is also an identification number like passport number .

Most passports have book number and passport number .
Though in Nigeria we only have passport number.
So when filling it .
Make sure first you put your passport number correctly
Then either put your passport number again in the book number or put N/A ..

For nigerian applicants is basically your passport numbers.

Check online for more information

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.