Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1636813 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Musbeni(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2021
Don't worry it is not a problem, I did the same on my ds160 I was suppose to fill the name of the school because I have funding but I fill myself and it did not affect the visa decision in anyway
MelaninGemstone:
Guys, I think I made a mistake in my DS-160

Please advise cry

My I-20 says my sponsor is family funds
My family is actually paying my tuition etc

But when filling the DS-160, I saw a question that said

Person/Entity paying for your trip

I selected Myself as the one paying

I thought they meant flight and minor trip expenses

Someone is telling me now that I have made a grave mistake and it can lead to denial. That I should have put in my DS-160 that my family is paying for my trip.

PS: I have already submitted the DS-160 form and I can’t edit it again

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by naijaeclectic: 8:19pm On May 03, 2021
Tylerbaby:
Someone, please help!

Contact SevisAfrica on Nairaland. They make payments within 24 hours.

Plus, you can also send them an email (info@sevisafrica.com).

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sevisafrica: 8:42pm On May 03, 2021
SomtoObu:
Please is it better to take a photograph at business centers and upload it as the visa photo

Hi Somto,

Yes, you can take it at a business center, but ensure you know the requirements for the photograph. Plus, it helps to ask the business center personnel if they take passport photos for the U.S embassy.

To save yourself stress, please go to a top-notch photo studio in your area. You might pay more, but you'll be sure of what you're going home with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MelaninGemstone(f): 8:56pm On May 03, 2021
Please guys, can I use internet banking printed statement for visa interview

It’s automatically stamped and signed by the Gtbank internet banking system
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gunbishi05: 9:06pm On May 03, 2021
hello dude, does this university offer MBA courses?

Asiwaju101:
Hello guys, good evening all,
Pls is there anyone going to the University of Idaho this fall, pls I really need to link up with anyone going to the school,
Very important and urgent, we can help ourselves achieve our dreams.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 03, 2021
naijaeclectic:

Contact SevisAfrica on Nairaland. They make payments within 24 hours.

Plus, you can also send them an email (info@sevisafrica.com).

Hope this helps.
hmmmm

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by adurajoseph: 9:17pm On May 03, 2021
Guys, I hear about how nerve-racking the visa interview can be.
Is it okay to add LIGHT humor during the interview to break up the tension?
Or I should completely have a serious look?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 9:19pm On May 03, 2021
FutureSenator:

Have you been able to pay?
Yes, thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Botfuss: 9:20pm On May 03, 2021
Good evening guys, a very big well done to everyone contributing on the thread. God bless you.

Please, my friend’s sister has an interview scheduled for May. She is going to Houston College. What are the likely questions she should expect?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by teebaxy(m): 9:26pm On May 03, 2021
Good Day great people , please I need assistant on the work experience related to MBA and I'd like to know if a graduate of political science will be granted admission for mba ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 9:39pm On May 03, 2021
chrisadigwe:

First interview

VO: Good morning and how are you and pass me your documents
Me: I am fine and I passed him my documents
VO: Is your funding a full tuition waiver
Me: I said yes
VO: but I can see that it’s not a full tuition waiver
Me: I replied it’s a full tuition waiver and I have a letter to prove that
VO: no I don’t need to see that but I can see there differences in your estimated fee and actual tuition fee
Me: I replied I don’t know probably might some insurance fee not covered
VO: he went on and asked why is my company sponsoring me are they so generous
Me: I said because I have been working for over five years with the company and we have a policy of rewarding staff to allow them go on study leave but before I ended

VO: are you married
I said no
VO: have you travelled out before and then
I said no

Before he said sorry you do not qualify for the visa. He even emphasized that I reed the green slip

2 problems here:

1. Your I-20 is the official document detailing your cost of education. If the VO thinks that you don't have full funding clearly stated on the I-20, then you do not have full funding. You should have reviewed this in more detail before your interview.

2. In your first interview, you said your company was sponsoring you for study leave as a reward. In the second interview, you reverted to your uncle. If indeed your company was sponsoring you the first time, it is extremely unlikely that they would withdraw the offer just because you failed the first interview. The VO now assumes that you were lying the first time.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 9:42pm On May 03, 2021
chrisadigwe:

Yea I have deficit of about 17 thousand dollars but I got a full tuition waiver the only thing I notice was that there was a difference between the estimated fee and tuition waiver by some 200 dollars of which I wrote to the school and they told me the estimated fee was just an estimated because the tuition fee could increase or decrease

My problem is the 2nd interview I want not given any opportunity to explain and this one they are saying home ties now I was thinking maybe I use a sponsor that had the same surname with me to help prove home ties

But any advise you give me will be appreciated abeg...............

Do this and you will be denied a 3rd time. How can you have 3 separate sponsors?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 9:45pm On May 03, 2021
Lamideyy:
It now seems like getting full undergraduate funding from US universities is a real struggle
I feel most of them are going broke
I dont even know anymore
I applied to 8 different schools
1360SAT 102 TOEFL
Received a full funding from none

The schools aren't broke, full funding for undergraduate degrees are hard to come by, even for US citizens. Most of the full funding opportunities are in research PhDs. To get full funding at the Bachelors level, you need to have a stellar application... at minimum, in the 1% of applicants.

A 1360 SAT is unlikely to get you full funding where there are people coming with perfect scores.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mohyeen: 9:56pm On May 03, 2021
Wroyal:
Hello all,
I’m new here.
I’d like to seek your advice on the below:
- I have gotten admission to Texas A&M but would like to explore getting financial aid or student assistantship, please how do I go about this ?

- I have captured for my international passport renewal since 1st of February but unfortunately haven’t gotten it due to the usual “shortage” in booklet. I am to resume in Fall, does this hinder my chances of resuming this year? Even though they said there’d be booklet by May.

- My uncle is standing in as my sponsor and we don’t share the same name,would this be an hinderance for VISA?

I’d appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you

Is your Texas A&M also in commerce? I also got admission in Texas A&M commerce & currently awaiting funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by peptual(f): 10:30pm On May 03, 2021
Is there anyone who is going for undergraduate program this Fall 2021 and has recently receive his/her visa?

Please indicate as a friend is looking to connect. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by davidsmithdwhit: 10:35pm On May 03, 2021
Emmanuelonics:
The name of my course is Computer systems networking and telecommunications.

And here's how I intend on answering the question:

I've always wanted to know the relationship between computer system networks and how they function. So I decided to turn my ideas and interests into a career. And I made my personal research where I studied about computer systems networking. I want to study this course in order to acquire more knowledge, develop my skills and get a job with my degree once I return back to Nigeria.

Please lemme me know if my answer is okay enough, Thanks.

Just my opinion tho.

If the V.O was to come in just at the end of that highlighted sentence, there'd be two things running through the V.O's mind,

1. This applicant is curious and might do him good in college or
2. Why will he spend millions of naira just to find the relationship between systems and network, when Google is there to help out or maybe online classes.

I'd advise you start with something short and convincing, that will also help you should the VO come in between.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 03, 2021
Tylerbaby:
Yes, thank you.
still western union ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 11:20pm On May 03, 2021
Malone122:
still western union ?
Yes, though in the US.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 404notfound: 3:11am On May 04, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Caramelkelly(f): 4:18am On May 04, 2021
Please I’m about to get apply for embassy interview, for student visa. Please how can I get a transcript to get ready and what documents do I need.
For US please thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Caramelkelly(f): 4:28am On May 04, 2021
Please I’m new here. I’m about to apply for embassy interview, for student visa. Please how can I get a transcript to get ready. I mean the questions to expect and what documents do I need.
For US please thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ktancing(m): 5:25am On May 04, 2021
Same offer here.

area74:
Please, is anyone going to or currently at the University of North Alabama?

I have an admission offer there with scholarships that partly covers the tuition and full housing for the 2 years of my program.

kindly link up with me.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 5:55am On May 04, 2021
Good day, Nairalanders

Is there any South African here or anyone here applying for F1 visa for this Fall through the US Consulate General in South Africa?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Techyking(m): 7:01am On May 04, 2021
Did you get funding in University of Idaho
gunbishi05:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 7:12am On May 04, 2021
Caramelkelly:
Please I’m new here. I’m about to apply for embassy interview, for student visa. Please how can I get a transcript to get ready. I mean the questions to expect and what documents do I need.
For US please thanks
You cab get transcript by reading other peoples transcript

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asiwaju101: 7:16am On May 04, 2021
gunbishi05:

Yea I think so
Check their website
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 8:41am On May 04, 2021
gunbishi05:

You can check on the school website and click on programs. Ensure you apply to only AACSB certified MBA schools or program

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 8:43am On May 04, 2021
teebaxy:
Good Day great people , please I need assistant on the work experience related to MBA and I'd like to know if a graduate of political science will be granted admission for mba ?

You can be granted admission. You will only have to take few pre-requisite courses

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blairbetty11: 9:51am On May 04, 2021
Hello house ,Please can one use PiggyVest statement of account to apply for I-20 and VISA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hemstone(m): 9:55am On May 04, 2021
Please the course of study on my school website and the major in my I-20 are different. Which should I put on my DS160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 10:08am On May 04, 2021
Is it still possible to defer an admission after you have gotten I-20 from the school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 12:05pm On May 04, 2021
obajoey:
Is it still possible to defer an admission after you have gotten I-20 from the school?

Sure talk to your program about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Leslie992 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.