Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1636818 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oloniyan(m): 6:52am On May 21, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

Pharjatthetemple@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hannah4(f): 6:55am On May 21, 2021
Please what embassy ?
thoughtT:
Transcript.

Visa Approved (May 20)

VO: Good morning young man. How're you today?

Me: Good morning. I'm fine. How're you too?

VO: Fine, too. So tell me what are you going to the US for?

Me: I'm going for my Master's degree in Literary and Textual Studies program of the department of English, BGSU.

VO: (typing) You said architecture?

Me: (quickly cut in, and almost shouting at the top of my voice) I said Literary and Textual Studies. It's a concentration under the auspices of English. Literature part of English studies.

VO: (stopped typing) Alright. How many schools did you apply to?

Me: Two schools. Namely, NCSU and BGSU. Both offered me admission.

VO: So why BGSU?

Me: I chose BGSU because of its innovative English program blends both broad based literary courses with practical and flexible courses such as Technical and Professional Editing which for me are greatly responsive to the skill-demands of the present age and align with my own publishing career objectives. More so the opportunity to take additional graduate certificate in the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is attractive to me. So those key considerations will allow me hone and improve my expertise in not just editing, but also in writing, research and pedagogy. (Through out this point, his eyes peered, almost were poring into my own eyes, obviously confirming my genuineness.)

VO: How did you know about BGSU?

Me: I got to know about it via Internet searches, especially USnews.com, having gone through and followed EducationUS posts about studies in US for a couple of months.

VO: What will this course do for you?

Me: It will avail me the opportunity of taking up a senior editorial role in a publishing firm *UPON MY RETURN TO NIGERIA*, as I'd have acquired the necessary skills and expertises as well as the graduate degree qualification the role required.

VO: I see you have full funding here, so who's gonna fund your trip?

Me: My uncle.

VO: What does he do?

Me: He's a thriving businessman and runs hotels in Ogun, Oyo and Lagos states. (The VO fixed his gaze intently at this point also, and I thought perhaps he needed clarification, so I chipped in, 'the hotels are five in number, two each in Ogun and Lagos and one in Oyo.)

VO: Fine. What do you currently do?

Me: I am a publishing editor at **** one of the leading literary publishing firms in Nigeria. (VO nodded)

VO: Are you like a writer also? (He obviously picked this from my Ds-160)

Me: Yes. I've published poems, short stories and various-type articles in journals, literary blogs and pages of newspapers.

VO: That's great. Think we're good here. I'd approve your visa. So I'd hold on to your passport. (Slid the famous white paper to me and literally droned on about things my overwhelming excitement didn't hear)..

NB: The interview wasn't as long as the transcript suggests. In fact it ended as soon as it had begun. I really do not have much advice to those that will soon go for their interviews; just want to say, make sure you tick your boxes very well, know and be sure about why and what you're going to study and it's not bad to check out what you filled in to your Ds-160. I had overheard another VO asking an interviewee why he contradicted what he wrote on the form he filled.

Good luck to everyone�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by thoughtT: 7:01am On May 21, 2021
Hannah4:
Please what embassy ?

Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 7:23am On May 21, 2021
Congratulations
thoughtT:
Transcript.

Visa Approved (May 20)

Lagos consulate.

Me: I'm going for my Master's degree in Literary and Textual Studies program of the department of English, BGSU.

Me: (quickly cut in, and almost shouting at the top of my voice) I said Literary and Textual Studies. It's a concentration under the auspices of English. Literature part of English studies.

Me: I chose BGSU because of its innovative English program blends both broad based literary courses with practical and flexible courses such as Technical and Professional Editing which for me are greatly responsive to the skill-demands of the present age and align with my own publishing career objectives. More so the opportunity to take additional graduate certificate in the Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) is attractive to me. So those key considerations will allow me hone and improve my expertise in not just editing, but also in writing, research and pedagogy. (Through out this point, his eyes peered, almost were poring into my own eyes, obviously confirming my genuineness.)

Me: I got to know about it via Internet searches, especially USnews.com, having gone through and followed EducationUS posts about studies in US for a couple of months.

Me: It will avail me the opportunity of taking up a senior editorial role in a publishing firm *UPON MY RETURN TO NIGERIA*, as I'd have acquired the necessary skills and expertises as well as the graduate degree qualification the role required.

Me: He's a thriving businessman and runs hotels in Ogun, Oyo and Lagos states. (The VO fixed his gaze intently at this point also, and I thought perhaps he needed clarification, so I chipped in, 'the hotels are five in number, two each in Ogun and Lagos and one in Oyo.)

Me: I am a publishing editor at **** one of the leading literary publishing firms in Nigeria. (VO nodded)

Me: Yes. I've published poems, short stories and various-type articles in journals, literary blogs and pages of newspapers.

VO: That's great. Think we're good here. I'd approve your visa. So I'd hold on to your passport. (Slid the famous white paper to me and literally droned on about things my overwhelming excitement didn't hear)..

NB: The interview wasn't as long as the transcript suggests. In fact it ended as soon as it had begun. I really do not have much advice to those that will soon go for their interviews; just want to say, make sure you tick your boxes very well, know and be sure about why and what you're going to study and it's not bad to check out what you filled in to your Ds-160. I had overheard another VO asking an interviewee why he contradicted what he wrote on the form he filled.

Good luck to everyone�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 8:01am On May 21, 2021
Congratulations to you. Just like Fairhrart said yesterday, even though I would have looked down on this school like it’s not a top school but with your responses, you showed great understanding of your program and the school you’re going to and it shows that you did your home work well. Congrats again.
thoughtT:
Transcript.

Visa Approved (May 20)

Lagos consulate.

Good luck to everyone�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 8:25am On May 21, 2021
I am trying to book an appointment but I cannot see the earliest available date on my dashboard and it’s also saying there are currently no appointments.

Can somebody help me check the earliest available date on their dashboard? I want to know if this issue to peculiar to me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 9:23am On May 21, 2021
customised87:
I am trying to book an appointment but I cannot see the earliest available date on my dashboard and it’s also saying there are currently no appointments.

Can somebody help me check the earliest available date on their dashboard? I want to know if this issue to peculiar to me.
it’s normal meaning for your profile the embassy hasn’t opened any Available dates for you on your CGI page your best option is to keep checking regularly
Happened to me too
Couldn’t see dates in Lagos I had to pick Abuja

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Topweez(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2021
Good morning fellow Nairalanders, I applied for an undergraduate degree in Computer Science but I was offered liberal art and sciences and general studies on my i20, the admission letter stated it boldly that, I have been accepted into this program rather than my first choice major. Upon the completion of my first semester and consultation with my advisor I may be re-evaluated for the computer science program.
I need an advice On what to tell the Consular
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 10:30am On May 21, 2021
Malone122:
it’s normal meaning for your profile the embassy hasn’t opened any Available dates for you on your CGI page your best option is to keep checking regularly
Happened to me too
Couldn’t see dates in Lagos I had to pick Abuja

Thank you. I will keep doing that
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by agaliboy: 11:02am On May 21, 2021
I have been reading this thread for a long time and never commented. I have used all that time to learn from people's transcripts and questions. God bless you all because you have made my testimony a great one.

MY VISA WAS APPROVED IN ABUJA THIS MORNING. Four people had been refused before it got to my turn. Glory be to God

Official Time: 7:30am. Actual Time: Quater past 8am
Here's my transcript:

Female V.O: Good morning

Me: Good morning

V.O Pass your documents

I did

V.O: So, you're travelling to the University of ***** for a Masters in ******

Me: Correct

V.O: And how do you intend to fund your programme?

Me: I got a 10% tuition waiver and the deficit will be self-funded by me

V.O: What do you do?

Me: I inherited a block of building from my late parents and have been collecting rents for almost ** years now and have saved up a considerable amount from my over 10 years of work as an Engineer

*V.O did not asl for my Bank Statement*

V.O: How many schools did you apply to and how many admits and rejects?

Me: I applied to 5, 2 admits and 3 rejects

*I listed the schools*

V.O: I will be approving your visa. Have this white paper bla bla bla bla bla bla. I stopped listening from there, i was already flying to the mooon. Lol

Thank you once again, everyone on this forum. God bless you all

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by yuugo: 11:08am On May 21, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.
Please send to Ugonna.stella@yahoo.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 11:22am On May 21, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 11:24am On May 21, 2021
We are censoring name of Schools and Majors now ? Interesting.

agaliboy:
I have been reading this thread for a long time and never commented. I have used all that time to learn from people's transcripts and questions. God bless you all because you have made my testimony a great one.

MY VISA WAS APPROVED IN ABUJA THIS MORNING. Four people had been refused before it got to my turn. Glory be to God

Here's my transcript:

V.O Pass your documents

I did

Me: I inherited a block of building from my late parents and have been collecting rents for almost ** years now and have saved up a considerable amount from my over 10 years of work as an Engineer

*I listed the schools*

V.O: I will be approving your visa. Have this white paper bla bla bla bla bla bla. I stopped listening from there, i was already flying to the mooon. Lol

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 12:06pm On May 21, 2021
I like that you removed the school and course, so everyone can take their dreams of studying abroad more seriously and do their own work. USA is big enough and we can all occupy different states and schools.
CONGRATULATIONS

agaliboy:

Here's my transcript:

V.O Pass your documents

I did

*I listed the schools*

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 12:22pm On May 21, 2021
Hannah4:
Please what embassy ?

Did you have any deficit . I know a few guys at that BGSU program with deficit.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 12:24pm On May 21, 2021
thoughtT:
Transcript.

Visa Approved (May 20)

Lagos consulate.

Good luck to everyone�

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by agaliboy: 1:15pm On May 21, 2021
[quote author=TEMIT0PE post=101914371]We are censoring name of Schools and Majors now ? Interesting

sorry my brother, only censored that information to protect myself from any form of identification, because i heard the Embassy has people viewing this forum

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by thoughtT: 1:18pm On May 21, 2021
Damilare68:

Yes actually. 3k (fees and insurance according to the I-20) But I answered to how he framed his question. Perhaps, he had the full tuition waiver in mind.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 1:36pm On May 21, 2021
TEMIT0PE:
We are censoring name of Schools and Majors now ? Interesting.

Frankly, I think everyone else should. Too many people are intellectually lazy, coming here to simply copy other people's experiences rather than doing their own work.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 1:44pm On May 21, 2021
Asiwaju101:
Hello guys

Pls how many weeks does school take to reply when u tell them to send ur I-20 via email?

Are there schools who don’t send the I-20 via email?

I sent an email to my school telling them to send my I-20 via email, about 1week ago, haven’t gotten a reply from them

Pls I need a reply ASAP
My own school has sent my through mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kubrattt(f): 1:44pm On May 21, 2021
Touché!!! Thank you for your insights smiley
fairheart:
GRE materials sent to all email address in my mention!

I must warn some of you here: stop bombing universities that you see on approved transcript.
The U.S has over 5000 colleges and universities. Why must 2500 Nigerians apply to a single school, when there are several other schools with even better admission chance and financial opportunities?

I hate to say this, but you need to do your own home work. There's nothing wrong in searching for your own schools, contacting your program department on possibility for admission and financial support before you apply. All you need is time and focus. If you can't do it, seek help. Do not avoid the work as it may land you in disappointment. Be intentional about your dream of studying abroad and be willing to pay the price.

By avoiding the work and only applying to schools you see on Nairaland, you deny yourself the possibility of applying to better school with better opportunities that would help secure your visa and make your stay in the U.S smooth.

I wish prospective applicants having interview for fall 2021 the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 1:57pm On May 21, 2021
TWoods:

Frankly, I think everyone else should. Too many people are intellectually lazy, coming here to simply copy other people's experiences rather than doing their own work.

agaliboy:

Here's my transcript:

V.O Pass your documents

I did

*I listed the schools*

Censoring name is school is not good

@Twoods let people that want to copy continue their laziness, they'll know what's up at the embassy.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 2:09pm On May 21, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Censoring name is school is not good

@Twoods let people that want to copy continue their laziness, they'll know what's up at the embassy.....

That is a personal choice and we should respect that. Likely what you'll get is schools starting to restrict applications from Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ADEX0123: 2:15pm On May 21, 2021
CONGRATULATIONS.....

thoughtT:
Transcript.

Visa Approved (May 20)

Lagos consulate.

Good luck to everyone�
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MERCHANDISER: 2:22pm On May 21, 2021
who knows TOEFL office in Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Molly90(f): 2:46pm On May 21, 2021
Good day,

I trust everyone is fine and day is going well.

I paid my SEVIS fee last year for a Spring/January admission but had to defer. I was issued a new I20 form with a different SEVIS ID. Please I will like to know if I am supposed to request a transfer of SEVIS or if there’s anything I’m supposed to do.

I look forward to your kind response. Thank you in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:49pm On May 21, 2021
TWoods:

That is a personal choice and we should respect that. Likely what you'll get is schools starting to restrict applications from Nigeria.
Schools can't restrict our application cos they need our application money to wet there flower grin

What will happen is mass rejection, like the way Utah and Alabama did this fall

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 2:51pm On May 21, 2021
Molly90:
Good day,

I trust everyone is fine and day is going well.

I paid my SEVIS fee last year for a Spring/January admission but had to defer. I was issued a new I20 form with a different SEVIS ID. Please I will like to know if I am supposed to request a transfer of SEVIS or if there’s anything I’m supposed to do.

I look forward to your kind response. Thank you in advance.
Tell us the exact date you pay your sevis fee(If it's less than a year) go to fmjee to transfer your sevis ID
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ADEX0123: 2:51pm On May 21, 2021
PLS KINDLY REPLY TO THE MAIL SENT TO YOU

thoughtT:
Transcript.

Visa Approved (May 20)

Lagos consulate.

Good luck to everyone�

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Molly90(f): 3:00pm On May 21, 2021
Thank you for responding. I paid in November so it’s less than a year. I was thinking I didn’t need to transfer SEVIS ID since it’s same school.

horlahsunbo225:

Tell us the exact date you pay your sevis fee(If it's less than a year) go to fmjee to transfer your sevis ID
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ADEX0123: 3:12pm On May 21, 2021
Hi, an agent told am to pay all this money to get admission into university in usa for my masters
- admission fee - 80k
- my admission charge - 40k
- i-20 - 150usd
- sevis - 350usd
- documentation 100k

kindly help!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.