Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637534 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2021
NonImmigrantStu:
Good morning!

Thank you all for sharing your interview experience on this platform. I have been following the thread since April.

Had my interview on Thursday, 20th of May, 9:30am

I was interviewed by a Black American Lady.

V:O- Good morning, please may I have your documents?

Me: Morning, sure! (Passed my I-20, Passport, SEVIS Fee Receipt )

V.O : What are you going to the US for?
Me: Masters degree at the *XYZ University .

V.O : Did you apply for Visa in Canada,
Me: Yes, I did in 2015

V.O : Tell me about your Bachelor's Degree
Me: I did as she asked

V:O I see you are a Lawyer
Me: Smiles, that's correct

V:O : One minute please, she stood up, shut the little opening , and Walked away.
Me: Adjusted my Jacket & said, Father Lord, Let your will be done!

She returned, while standing. She asked who is paying for your trip?

Me: I have a Merit Aid Scholarship from the University and my parents will pay for my trip.

V.O : detaches my other passports, I will be approving your visa and would like to feature you on our social media platforms.

Me: Thank you very sincerely.

V:O Slips the White paper, and returns my I-20. Watch out for an email from the embassy. Congratulations

Me: Cheers!

If you dnt mind. Feel free to share the university name in my DM if you are not comfortable sharing it here. I am also interested in your profile cos the VO talked about featuring you on social platforms. I will be happy if you can share the university name and the profile here though so that everyone can benefit. To be clear I am not an MBA person I just want to learn more from your transcripts. Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Iamburlanle(f): 12:43am On May 23, 2021
Appointment dates are available in Lagos

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yo12345: 12:46am On May 23, 2021
Aloysius20:

It frankly doesn't look like a serious issue. It's still same 2015. But if you're so worried, fill a new DS form and update your CGI profile with the DS number.

Yeah I think so too, I’m more worried about losing the appointment date, since I’m outside Nigeria and getting an appointment slot has been difficult.

Another thing I’m considering is to submit a new/correct DS160 form and get the new confirmation page and go to the interview with both old and new (saw this online when I researched my options)

Please tell me what you think
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LadyCaty(f): 12:55am On May 23, 2021
Yo12345:

Yeah I think so too, I’m more worried about losing the appointment date, since I’m outside Nigeria and getting an appointment slot has been difficult.

Another thing I’m considering is to submit a new/correct DS160 form and get the new confirmation page and go to the interview with both old and new (saw this online when I researched my options)

You wont loose your appointment date...After submitting the new one go to cgi portal and update it..and reprint..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:00am On May 23, 2021
NonImmigrantStu:
Good morning!

Thank you all for sharing your interview experience on this platform. I have been following the thread since April.

Had my interview on Thursday, 20th of May, 9:30am

I was interviewed by a Black American Lady.

V:O- Good morning, please may I have your documents?

Me: Morning, sure! (Passed my I-20, Passport, SEVIS Fee Receipt )

V.O : What are you going to the US for?
Me: Masters degree at the *XYZ University .

V.O : Did you apply for Visa in Canada,
Me: Yes, I did in 2015

V.O : Tell me about your Bachelor's Degree
Me: I did as she asked

V:O I see you are a Lawyer
Me: Smiles, that's correct

V:O : One minute please, she stood up, shut the little opening , and Walked away.
Me: Adjusted my Jacket & said, Father Lord, Let your will be done!

She returned, while standing. She asked who is paying for your trip?

Me: I have a Merit Aid Scholarship from the University and my parents will pay for my trip.

V.O : detaches my other passports, I will be approving your visa and would like to feature you on our social media platforms.

Me: Thank you very sincerely.

V:O Slips the White paper, and returns my I-20. Watch out for an email from the embassy. Congratulations

Me: Cheers!

Please if you don't mind can I get your number so I can chat you up on whatsapp??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 1:12am On May 23, 2021
officerlarry:

Great . Which department are you looking into? APSU has started giving GTA offers for Fall too. I will be starting in Fall ( Computer Science and Quantitative Methods). For those awaiting GTA offers from APSU , you can check and follow up with your graduate coordinators. Please I would love to connect
Hi have you gotten your GTA offer??

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mike2021: 1:56am On May 23, 2021
NonImmigrantStu Good morning! Fantastic news God will indeed make my news great. Please where did u do your interview?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Friedpotato: 2:41am On May 23, 2021
Systrom:
Y’all should stop littering this thread with mock or proposed transcripts

We need actual transcripts
I don't know when some of you joined Nairaland ooo but posting mock transcript is a very big part of this thread, I don't know why it even reduced over time. Before, almost everyone going for interview posts their proposed transcripts for the gurus of this thread to review. Till 2019, it was still extremely common on here, so please don't shame people from posting their transcripts here, you might be blocking them from the help they need.

21 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iamtoluola: 3:40am On May 23, 2021
Good morning Nairalanders,
Please I’m asking for my cousin that had his F1 visa denied in Abuja based on home ties issue and he’s planning on reapplying to Lagos because his school starts by August, can he reapply without any changes on his Ds160 and does he have a chance of getting approved this time and what other way can he convince the VO that he’s going for actual study or is there a document he needs to get this.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:54am On May 23, 2021
Systrom:
Y’all should stop littering this thread with mock or proposed transcripts

We need actual transcripts

We need both cheesy... how else can we learn together

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 4:17am On May 23, 2021
Pefuele:

I think it is better if full or part transcripsts is posted here for review. Part Transcripsts in terms of where you have a challenge & full if you want to know what areas needs corrections. Transcripts corrections is good but Transcripsts delivery is more significant. How you deliver your Transcripsts is more important. Audio mock interviews is nice but video mock interviews is better. I suggest for those doing mock interviews it is better to have it with those who have had rejects( like 3 or more rejects at the US embassy) cos they have more experience in those areas or those who have conducted several mock interviews with F1 students. I actually do mock interviews but it is not free because it is my time. I have to monetize the time because I could have used it for other productive business. I don't charge before but when I noticed guys where giving my information to agents who are making loads of money from it I started charging.

No one should be paying for a mock interview... you have enough info on these threads if you are willing to invest the time.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 4:38am On May 23, 2021
TWoods:

No one should be paying for a mock interview... you have enough info on these threads if you are willing to invest the time.

I agree with this 100 percent.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Milkshakes01(f): 4:47am On May 23, 2021
Yo12345:

You do not need to cancel your appointment, just update your profile with the new ds-160 number.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 5:33am On May 23, 2021
Unless you share his Transcript, nobody here can say what might have gone wrong.

iamtoluola:
Please I’m asking for my cousin that had his F1 visa denied in Abuja based on home ties issue and he’s planning on reapplying to Lagos because his school starts by August, can he reapply without any changes on his Ds160 and does he have a chance of getting approved this time and what other way can he convince the VO that he’s going for actual study or is there a document he needs to get this.
Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 5:34am On May 23, 2021
iamtoluola:
Thank you.

Yes, he can reapply and state what has changed from his previous application. Put reasons why he thinks he was denied earlier, then state the latest update.

As for his chance on getting approved next, in most cases people have gotten at 3rd or 4th attempt, but that decision is subject to the VO and also subject to the uniqueness of his case.

Document for what? Please tell him to avoid agents too, at this point people will come with all sort of "panacea" which most times worsen the case.

August is still a distant relatively, that's the beauty of applying for visa early, you have multiple shots and ample time to get the goal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trinity33(m): 5:38am On May 23, 2021
Goodmorning great people, please is anybody coming from the USA to Nigerian soon, or you know anybody coming from USA to Nigerian soon, please and please quote me let me contact you.
A phone was to be sent to me, but the cost of shipping was really on the high side, i tried to use DHL, or if you know any other cheap courier please. Thanks my people, one love.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 7:07am On May 23, 2021
TWoods:

Sure. 'If you are willing to invest the time' and time is also money.There is a prize for every prize. Unfortunately,we always want to seek the short cuts. You get the best VISA Transcripsts from years back( 2013/2014/2015/2017/2018). They can start reading the threads from those years and I am sure it will be very helpful because that's when the embassy was really hot the days of checking the SOA and putting guys on AP. If you dnt want to invest the time you also pay the price.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:08am On May 23, 2021
Trinity33:
Thanks my people, one love.
Where's your location?
Send me PM.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iamtoluola: 7:16am On May 23, 2021
Okay thank you very much.

NigPatriot:

Yes, he can reapply and state what has changed from his previous application. Put reasons why he thinks he was denied earlier, then state the latest update.

As for his chance on getting approved next, in most cases people have gotten at 3rd or 4th attempt, but that decision is subject to the VO and also subject to the uniqueness of his case.

Document for what? Please tell him to avoid agents too, at this point people will come with all sort of "panacea" which most times worsen the case.

August is still a distant relatively, that's the beauty of applying for visa early, you have multiple shots and ample time to get the goal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 8:06am On May 23, 2021
[quote author=Yo12345 post=101965500]Good day everyone, I just noticed I made a little mistake on my DS160 form (Bachelors degree completion date: September 2015 instead of January 2015 ) and I am about to make the correction which according to my research would create a new application number. Please I would like to know if this change is important and if so, is there a way to make the change without canceling my appointment?

Can I go to the appointment with the old DS160 form I used to book the appointment and the newly corrected form?[/quote

You can leave it that way, if there is any question about it, you can explain to the VO that you had your convocation in Sept if January isn't the date on your certificate though. However, if you want to fill another ds160 form, you can, but your confirmation code will change and this means you must update your cgi profile with the new confirmation code latest by 72 hours before the date of your interview

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trinity33(m): 9:05am On May 23, 2021
beejhay69:
Where's your location?
Send me PM.

Pls dont quote so i can take down my number
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ju5na34ra: 10:06am On May 23, 2021
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

Kindly help me send the materials here, thank you so much - Tomilayoadeyemi1@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by patomaniac: 10:42am On May 23, 2021
adurajoseph:
Guys please I am preparing for my Interview, I need some insights on where to improve some of my responses.

Interview questions and answers

Q. What is your purpose for traveling?
A. My purpose of traveling is for a masters degree in Information Systems and specializing in business Intelligence systems with the University of Colorado Denver

Q. What is your highest degree qualification?
A. My highest degree is a Bachelors in Economics in Central University Ghana

Q. When did you finish your BSC?
A. I finished my Bachelors at the ending of 2017

Q. What have you been doing since then?
A. After my graduation I completed my NYSC, and have worked for ESBY Valin Limited as a Marketing representative since then, I have also learned to code and i am working on a startup with a small team

Q. How many schools did you apply to?
A. I applied to 3 schools

Q. What do the schools I applied to have in common?
A. They all offer a specialization in Business Intelligence systems

Q. What school are you going to?
A. I am going to the university of colorado denver

Q. Where is the school located?
A. The school is located on Larimer street, Denver, Colorado

Q. Where are you going to be lodging?
A. I will be staying on the school campus

Q. Why University of Colorado Denver?
A. Apart from the fact that they offer a specialization in Business Intelligence systems, I picked this school because I will be given the opportunity to learn from some of the top tech companies in the US as they have partnered with the school to educate students through various events. I would also have the opportunity to learn from various students from different backgrounds.

OR

B. If you look at some of the biggest tech companies in the world like Amazon, Facebook, Google, and others, business analytics is a huge part of their company. They are able to use data to predict people's decisions or make reasonable forecasts, all because of data. I would have the opportunity to learn from them as the school hosts regular events with them so students can learn about these things. I have been able to attend some of these events online and learned about some things like wearable tech and I feel when I resume, I will be able to learn a lot more.
Q. Why can't you do this program in your home country/ Why the USA?
A. I noticed that some of the schools in the US like the one I will be attending, hold regular events and seminars where students learn from some of the business leaders in the tech industry. This type of structure is not available in Nigeria. And i would also love the opportunity to learn from different students from different tech backgrounds

Q. What are the courses you will be offering?
A. Database management, Analysis modeling, programming with python, Business intelligence, Project management, Network designs, security, and privacy

Q. What are your plans after graduating?
A. I have two plans, on the short run because of the value a US degree has in Nigeria, I would be able to work with some multinational companies like KPMG or Deloitte as a Senior Business analyst, and in the Long-run, I Plan to create my own tech company and I know I will be successful because of the knowledge i would have the tech industry is still at its early stage in Nigeria.

Q. Do you have funding in the school?
A. No, it will be fully funded by my sponsor

Q. How will you be paying for the program?
A. The program will be fully funded by my mother (full name), who has been my sponsor since birth.

Q. What does she do for a living?
A. She owns a business that deals with logistics or transportation of containers for companies. She is also a civil servant.

NOTE. If I am asked for my bank details of the sponsor
A. This is the bank statement. Also, this is not a salary account, but her savings and investment accounts planned for my masters

Q. What is your marital status?
A. I am single

Q. Do you have any plans on coming back? or if you are granted this visa how are we sure you will return?
A. Yes, I have several reasons to return. All of my close family members are in Nigeria like my mother I have lived with for 26 years and my sisters, Father, and other family members.
Also since I am the first child and only son of my mother it is my responsibility to take over her business, which is the haulage company I have mentioned, which has provided a lot for us.
And lastly, I would like to use the knowledge to improve and grow a website I am personally working on with a small team that combines tech with the real estate sector.

Q. Have you traveled before?
A. Yes, I have been to about 7 countries

@Lagosismyhome @fairheart @walspring @Shuayb0

nice, looks all good. Just checked out your course, and its a fully online course, so I think you have to watch out or be able to explain why you should be granted visa when you can stay back in your home coutry and learn. . . Just saying though

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 11:25am On May 23, 2021
iamtoluola:
Thank you.

No one can help except you post the denial Transcripsts here and you share the previous DS-160 with someone you trust and is experienced on F1 VISA. Infact, it is better for your cousin to post the Transcripsts here so that when Questions are asked he/she can learn and provide response. There are some questions you will be asked and you cant answer except your cousin. Good-luck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sslooss: 11:56am On May 23, 2021
I sent you a pm
Asiwaju101:
Good morning everyone

To everyone pursuing undergraduate studies this fall, dm to join UG mock interview group.

Only UG students pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babax200: 12:09pm On May 23, 2021
Hello Nairalanders,

I currently hold an offer from a top US school with partial funding from my department. I have spoken with my employer and they have agreed to fund the rest of the fee. The school said I can just provide the letter from my employer to them to secure my I-20 without providing a bank statement. I would like to know if that same letter suffices for the Visa interview here in Nigeria alongside the partial scholarship letter from my department.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 12:25pm On May 23, 2021
fairheart:
GRE materials sent to all email address in my mention!

I must warn some of you here: stop bombing universities that you see on approved transcript.
The U.S has over 5000 colleges and universities. Why must 2500 Nigerians apply to a single school, when there are several other schools with even better admission chance and financial opportunities?

I hate to say this, but you need to do your own home work. There's nothing wrong in searching for your own schools, contacting your program department on possibility for admission and financial support before you apply. All you need is time and focus. If you can't do it, seek help. Do not avoid the work as it may land you in disappointment. Be intentional about your dream of studying abroad and be willing to pay the price.

By avoiding the work and only applying to schools you see on Nairaland, you deny yourself the possibility of applying to better school with better opportunities that would help secure your visa and make your stay in the U.S smooth.

I wish prospective applicants having interview for fall 2021 the best.

Funny but true.
The fact that Dada got his visa with University of Biden doesn't mean Sandra will get same.

I feel people do so because of funding.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 12:32pm On May 23, 2021
ADEX0123:
Hi, an agent told am to pay all this money to get admission into university in usa for my masters
- admission fee - 80k
- my admission charge - 40k
- i-20 - 150usd
- sevis - 350usd
- documentation 100k

kindly help!!!

DIY.
You cannot spend up to 80k for application fee.
Which one is "my admission charge". Probably the agent charges. What are you documenting for 100k?

Read this thread from the beginning, engage Google search and do things yourself

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Imhans(m): 12:37pm On May 23, 2021
DM me pls
EmmyteeTosin:
Anyone here recently admitted for Fall2021 in NCAT...let's connect
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 12:59pm On May 23, 2021
arcTY:

francisadebisi@yahoo.com
God bless
Responded to this mail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 1:03pm On May 23, 2021
Has anyone here gotten GA offer from APSU for Fall 2021??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.