Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637963 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by LeviAckerman: 9:23pm On May 31, 2021
godguy:
please how can i access an old DS-160 i filled about 2 years ago, i want to view the information i submitted at that time.
Please guys kindly help with an answer to this..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by opeyemioguns: 9:25pm On May 31, 2021
Please help me check this out. Is it a good answer during visa appointment?

VO: How many schools did you apply to?

Me: I applied to Western alone. I got the admission early, in April, when the application window is still open for other schools. The application window at Western was actually earlier than other schools. Having compared the programs in a couple of other schools, I decided to stick with Western as the program details suit my career goals very well. I would have applied to other alternatives if Western had not accepted me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 9:38pm On May 31, 2021
The question is for Graduate Certificate

habeeb246:
Msc?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 10:38pm On May 31, 2021
Yikes12:
Good morning guys ! When I wanted to start this visa processing my agent told me that I can't apply for F1 visa cause my age is above 20 . So he said I should get another Birth Certificate and I should use the new age to get my passport . I got my first passport and 2002 was written there as my DOB and I was born in 1998 cause I have this age on all my documents... Have been given admission with scholarship but am wondering if there might be any issues on my interview day ....cause the vo might ask 4 my age ...I posses two DOB now . 1998 is on my i20 while 2002 on my passport ... Am confused pls help me guys cool cool cry[color=#000000][/color]

If you want truth, I'll tell you. You're above 20 years, and "an agent" most likely with no qualification, came and told you it's impossible to apply for an F1 visa (schooling), at that age I mean an easy Google search would have given you an idea that your agent is probably more clueless than Nigerias current president. Now you're coming here when the deed has been done saying you're confused. The truth is, you're not actually confused you just need someone here to encourage you in your despicable act.

You might be lucky the VO won't ask/notice of which I highly doubt, or you might be unlucky that the VO finds out and gives you an outright ban (10 years) for falsifying documents. Because at this point I don't know how anyone can assist you, your passport and your i20 contradicts.

You're always advised never to use agents, but some of us have too much to throw to the wind.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by osigiepurr(m): 10:56pm On May 31, 2021
I got my visa approved last week and I just need someone to help me with information on how to book a cheap ticket and other pre-departure plans.

I plan to fly from MM Airport (Lagos) to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).

Please, help a brother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by abdullahi45: 11:45pm On May 31, 2021
psychologyshuby:
Hello everyone please can anyone please recommend schools with full funding for PHD students. Please it’s for my brother.
Undergraduate uni LAUTECH - 3.27 /5
Masters uni. Turkey 3.2/4

Thanks in anticipation. God bless and grant everyone’s heart desire.

Which course? Your brother has got more research to do for himself. Intending to pursue a PhD is no joke, he better knows that now and start exploring the internet for opportunities.

Good luck to him.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:20am On Jun 01, 2021
osigiepurr:
I got my visa approved last week and I just need someone to help me with information on how to book a cheap ticket and other pre-departure plans.

I plan to fly from MM Airport (Lagos) to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).

Please, help a brother

Download SKYSCANNER app from your PlayStore/AppleStore Boss.

Safe!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:23am On Jun 01, 2021
opeyemioguns:
Please help me check this out. Is it a good answer during visa appointment?

VO: How many schools did you apply to?

Me: I applied to Western alone. I got the admission early, in April, when the application window is still open for other schools. The application window at Western was actually earlier than other schools. Having compared the programs in a couple of other schools, I decided to stick with Western as the program details suit my career goals very well. I would have applied to other alternatives if Western had not accepted me.

Omo! Nobody ask you for all these Shalaye oh. is HOW MANY SCHOOLS DID YOU APPLIED TO not straightforward as a question to you enough?? Ah! Haba, na! Go straight to the the 1 or 2 answer and leave talk for Matthias.

Luck!!

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 3:57am On Jun 01, 2021
Congratulations. Kindly share your transcript.
osigiepurr:

Please, help a brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 7:39am On Jun 01, 2021
LeviAckerman:

Please guys kindly help with an answer to this..

I don’t think that’s possible. That’s why it’s good to always download and keep a copy of the form for your personal use before you submit.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by psychologyshuby: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2021
Architecture. Thanks a lot.
abdullahi45:

Which course? Your brother has got more research to do for himself. Intending to pursue a PhD is no joke, he better knows that now and start exploring the internet for opportunities.

Good luck to him.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sexiestprince(m): 11:49am On Jun 01, 2021
Goodmorning people, please I was advised by a friend to change my Sponsor from Nigerian sponsor to relative resident in US.

Are they approving mostly US sponsors now??

And I don't have the US sponsor's Statement of account...

Please kindly advise me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2021
Sexiestprince:
Goodmorning people, please I was advised by a friend to change my Sponsor from Nigerian sponsor to relative resident in US.

Please kindly advise me

You want to use what you don’t have? Lol

Boss! Use what you have, prepare well for your interview, believe and be hopeful. Forget dem say; dem say.

Shalom!

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sexiestprince(m): 11:58am On Jun 01, 2021

Please kindly advise me
Sexiestprince:

Please kindly advise me
please I need your kind advise on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by richdopeboi: 12:08pm On Jun 01, 2021
What's is DS confirmation number? Am confused Ds-160 confirmation must be in the format of AA kindly help me thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicxxy10: 12:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
It is the number generated in your DS160 form. It is one of the documents required for visa application.
richdopeboi:
What's is DS confirmation number? Am confused Ds-160 confirmation must be in the format of AA kindly help me thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bami26: 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
Hi guys,
I am new here.
Please can anyone explain how much is needed as proof of funds for a masters degree of 2 years if self funded?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Vicxxy10: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
It varies by school but you need to provide a statement of account that covers a year expenses if you don't have any funding
Bami26:
Hi guys,
I am new here.
Please can anyone explain how much is needed as proof of funds for a masters degree of 2 years if self funded?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TEMIT0PE: 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
Nothing about this is cast in stone.
The deficit on your Form i-20 is the determining Factor.

Bami26:
Hi guys,
I am new here.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
Good morning people. God proved himself great this morning at the US embassy, I appreciate God for His faithfulness. Thanks to everyone on this platform for your numerous and useful contributions. The visa appointment was by 9:45am today.
Full transcript will be sent soon.

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Magma012: 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2021
Someone kindly assist me in my last post
Magma012:
Pls who have applied for this school, or know how I could pass this stage of the application process,

The requirements state that I should upload two academic recommendation letters which I have done, but it still shows me this error msg in the photo attachment.

How can I pass this pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 1:01pm On Jun 01, 2021
congratulations!
Mine was not not approved and I am going for PHD with funding and $2500 deficit.
I’m still surprised but the only thing the consular was asking about is why the course on my I20 is different from what I said I’m going for and I explained that it’s the Umbrella/ Sevis code for courses related to mine.
I already sent an email to my school explaining cuz I’m not sure I understand why he was just focused on that

Tayoade19:
Good morning people. God proved himself great this morning at the US embassy, I appreciate God for His faithfulness. Thanks to everyone on this platform for your numerous and useful contributions. The visa appointment was by 9:45am today.
Full transcript will be sent soon.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
Laworldz:
congratulations!
Mine was not not approved and I am going for PHD with funding and $2500 deficit.
I’m still surprised but the only thing the consular was asking about is why the course on my I20 is different from what I said I’m going for and I explained that it’s the Umbrella/ Sevis code for courses related to mine.
I already sent an email to my school explaining cuz I’m not sure I understand why he was just focused on that

I think you should have stuck to what is written on the i20 and then narrow down to your research interest. What was written on my i20 is also different from the name of program and what I filled on the DS 160, however when the VO asked for the name of the program, I said what is on the i20 and talked about my research interest in that program.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 2:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
Sexiestprince:

Please kindly advise me

Someone also gave me same advice yesterday since I have a brother that stays in the U.S who is ready to sponsor me but I’m confused cos I used my Dad as sponsor for home tie sake. The person claimed they are approving U.S sponsored F1 students more but I don’t know how true or authentic is that

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ItBlessing: 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2021
Congratulations Tayoade.

I have this challenge as well. What is on my I-20 is different from what is on my DS-160, what would you advice I do.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Tayoade19:

I think you should have stuck to what is written on the i20 and then narrow down to your research interest. What was written on my i20 is also different from the name of program and what I filled on the DS 160, however when the VO asked for the name of the program, I said what is on the i20 and talked about my research interest in that program.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2021
People aren't posting transcript as often as before. It's clear that the creation of several WhatsApp groups is the reason for the decline.

But guys don't forget this Nairaland forum was your first love.

14 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ItBlessing: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2021
And when asked what course I'm going for, it has to be what is written on my I-20 right even with the fact that there's a letter backing it up from the school.

Tayoade19:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2021
Sexiestprince:

Please kindly advise me

Don't sweat the stuff, you can use any SOA so long you have like thrice of the amount stated on your i20. And if you have scholarship, the VO mayn't even ask for the SOA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by maximilano: 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2021
osigiepurr:

Please, help a brother
I can assist you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 2:32pm On Jun 01, 2021
[quote author=ItBlessing post=102263057]And when asked what course I'm going for, it has to be what is written on my I-20 right even with the fact that there's a letter backing it up from the school.
[/quote

You may explain your case to the school official who issued your i20, if it can be changed. However, if you don't get the amended i20, you may need to adhere to what is on the i20. I think each program has a code assigned to it and if there is modification about the nomemclature of the program this mayn't change on the i20. In my own case as well, the admission letter has the new nomemclature of the program while the i20 has the old nomenclature. The VO didn't however request for my admission letter.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ItBlessing: 2:35pm On Jun 01, 2021
Thank you. Was it the course on your I-20 you input while filling your DS-160? I want to know if it needs to be the same.

[quote author=Tayoade19 post=102263414][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HazelCanny: 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2021
Hi all..
At what point can your adult dependants apply for visiting Visa after one gets F1 approval.

Is it better for the adult dependants to apply for B1 or F2?

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.