Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,020 members, 7,803,422 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1635270 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:24am On Jun 12, 2021
blexin094:

Pls guys�
What's your undergraduate GPA
GSU, TTU will give you admission and finding if you've above 3.2/4

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tshendy(m): 9:26am On Jun 12, 2021
Thank you so much. She has filled another DS-160 form and updated her profile but the challenge now is while scheduling visa appointment,
she used her new surname and that can't be changed. What do we do please?
TWoods:

Passport, I-20 and DS-160 forms are all immigration documents, you absolutely need to maintain the same name across all three to avoid unnecessary hassle. The easiest thing would be to fill out another DS-160 form and use her maiden name all through.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oale: 9:35am On Jun 12, 2021
Hello All,

Thank you so much for this super helpful thread. I'm having my 3rd interview in a row and I'm in dire need of advice.

So I have been admitted to a top MBA in the US but I have been rejected twice. The first rejection was because of funding and the second one 214b without further explanation.

So my question is, do you think it's worth addressing the first rejections up front with a statement like (after the first question for instance) "Excuse me Sir/Ma, it's actually my 3rd time to apply for this visa and with your permission I would like to address the issues" ?something like that but a bit more polite.

Or should I just let the VO bring that up?

I have now secured a loan to cover the full program and I have a return offer from my company.

Any advice?

Thank you so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ayotycoon(m): 10:46am On Jun 12, 2021
Please is this a valid visa receipt and is it compulsory the documents must be in colored ?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sincerechic: 11:02am On Jun 12, 2021
Malone122:
well with the way things are going it varies but sometimes a week on or before
But it is usually 1-2 business days

I applied for emergency appointment last week Saturday. It has been exactly 1 week now and no response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 12, 2021
Sincerechic:

I applied for emergency appointment last week Saturday. It has been exactly 1 week now and no response
hopefully this week they respond …
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iPhenas(f): 11:21am On Jun 12, 2021
Found this

2 Fully funded phd positions in Industrial Engineering at Tech Texas University.

https://twitter.com/iamkique_/status/1403654387436867586?s=19

I hope someone is interested and willing to shoot their shot.

Good luck!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Girlbestfriend(f): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Oale:
Hello All,

Thank you so much for this super helpful thread. I'm having my 3rd interview in a row and I'm in dire need of advice.

So I have been admitted to a top MBA in the US but I have been rejected twice. The first rejection was because of funding and the second one 214b without further explanation.

So my question is, do you think [/b]it's worth addressing the first rejections up front with a statement like (after the first question for instance) "Excuse me Sir/Ma, it's actually my 3rd time to apply for this visa and with your permission I would like to address the issues" ?something like that but a bit more polite. [b]

I have now secured a loan to cover the full program and I have a return offer from my company.

Any advice?

Thank you so much

I beg you in the name of God, don't look for what is not looking for you(@ bolded). The only thing you should be telling the VO upfront is 'whether' you stutter.

One thing I have learnt from this thread is allow the VO ask the questions. You never can tell, none of your greatest fears will be brought up and you will be granted visa. Do your part by PREPARING!!!!

Goodluck!

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francangel(f): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2021
Yes, this was exactly how I submitted mine, so no need to panic.

ayotycoon:
Please is this a valid visa receipt and is it compulsory the documents must be in colored ?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by teejhaay: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2021
Hello guys, is it a must that the sponsor on I-20 must match that on DS-160 under ' who is paying for your trip section' ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Haryans: 11:52am On Jun 12, 2021
Good morning everyone, please I really need help. I was refused visa on the 7th of June. I want to reapply as my program date is in August. I just paid another MRV fee yesterday and I found out that the available date is September 7 which is so far. I changed to Abuja and the available date is August 26. Please what can I do. I was thinking if I could change my ds 160 location to Nigeria Abuja May be I will get a closer date.my dashboard is also saying my passport is still with the US consular when I have my passport with me. Please help me @TWoods
@Walspring @ Lagosismyhome. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chiezzh: 12:25pm On Jun 12, 2021
Hey guys, what is a good interview response for not taking GRE since there was a lockdown and the covid pandemic? The student already acquired a Full GA position in Masters in early childhood education at ETSU.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iPhenas(f): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2021
Simply say it was waived or not required for admission. My thoughts!

Chiezzh:
Hey guys, what is a good interview response for not taking GRE since there was a lockdown and the covid pandemic? The student already acquired a Full GA position in Masters in early childhood education at ETSU.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by blexin094(m): 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
blexin094:
Good morning all. I’ve taking my time to go through at least three previous threads. To be honest, I’ve learnt enough about schooling inUS. I’m currently a Msc student in Unilag studying Statistics. 3.9/5 g.p.a in my undergraduate. I intend applying for a fully funded PhD in U.S once I’m done with my Msc. My question, is GRE only okay for me or I’ll need to do either TOEFL or IELTS? Also, how can I get at least 3 colleges that’ll grant me fully funded scholarship? Gurus in the house should pls help.

���
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dongatzby(m): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2021
Good afternoon guys. I’ve been a passive member of this forum for about a week. I have been reading from the beginning and learning from you guys. For the front runners, please keep up the good work. If you are still awaiting your admission or visa, I pray that your letter of joy shall reach you this year!

PLEASE, I need your enlightenment on my sponsor’s statement of account

Program: msc environmental science.
COA: 40k
Funding: 0

My intended sponsor is a family friend (uncle) who is a politician. He has agreed to talk to his lawyer to give me a statement of account but no letter to disclose his office involvement. (You know how it is with our politicians).

The question is, do I need the sponsors letter? And will this plan fly?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tylerbaby: 1:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Dongatzby:
Good afternoon guys. I’ve been a passive member of this forum for about a week. I have been reading from the beginning and learning from you guys. For the front runners, please keep up the good work. If you are still awaiting your admission or visa, I pray that your letter of joy shall reach you this year!

My intended sponsor is a family friend (uncle) who is a politician. He has agreed to talk to his lawyer to give me a statement of account but no letter to disclose his office involvement. (You know how it is with our politicians).

The embassy doesn't request for letter of sponsorship as they believe it can be forged easily. There's a chance they may not even request for the bank statement although it's very important you go along with it. What you really need to work on is on your responses to questions asked during the interview.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by michael1385: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2021
Pls I'm applying for f1 visa, I have a sister in the US on F2 but I didn't state in ds160 that I have someone there.

Can I still go ahead to fill the full details of my dad because she filled same while applying. Will they by any means link us together?

Note: I have my daddy's CAC(school business) as one of the supporting documents)

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 2:48pm On Jun 12, 2021
Lool, petty lies, your sisters name will just pop up, it's easy to catch you na, and if they catch you they'll leave a comment on your profile without telling you why you were denied, better do the needful now that you have time oh.. grin grin
michael1385:
Pls I'm applying for f1 visa, I have a sister in the US on F2 but I didn't state in ds160 that I have someone there.

Can I still go ahead to fill the full details of my dad because she filled same while applying. Will they by any means link us together?

Note: I have my daddy's CAC(school business) as one of the supporting documents)

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thazine: 2:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
Alwaysbecool:

Hello, please how do I contact walspring so he can help me pay my SEVIS fee? Thanks

Search for his profile and send him a mail. He'd reply as soon as he can.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barleeh: 3:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
iPhenas:
Looking for a fully-funded Ph.D. in Transportation Engineering? A candidate is needed at the University of Alabama, USA.

https://twitter.com/iamkique_/status/1403594141091704833?s=19
boss, please twitter is no more working in Nigeria. Kindly post other link I can use
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asj001: 3:44pm On Jun 12, 2021
How did you secure loan. I am in a similar situation as yours
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asj001: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2021
Oale:
Hello All,

So my question is, do you think it's worth addressing the first rejections up front with a statement like (after the first question for instance) "Excuse me Sir/Ma, it's actually my 3rd time to apply for this visa and with your permission I would like to address the issues" ?something like that but a bit more polite.

Any advice?

Thank you so much

How did you secure loan. I am in a similar situation as yours
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2021
armstill:
Hello Mr Tayo, I will really like to speak with you privately regarding booking visa appointment,i hope you don't mind. Thank you

Try to send a private message to this email address: tayoadewole19@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iPhenas(f): 3:53pm On Jun 12, 2021
Its a snapshot I found. No application link attached to the post. Kindly download a VPN app to view.

barleeh:
boss, please twitter is no more working in Nigeria. Kindly post other link I can use
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iPhenas(f): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2021
Smart Manufacturing at the University of Illinois at Chicago starting Spring 2022.

It's PhD fully funded. Deadline for int students - Jul. 15

https://twitter.com/iamkique_/status/1403725194154418179?s=19

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tayoade19: 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2021
Dongatzby:

The person's statement of account is ok. If you're asked who is sponsoring you, just say it's your uncle and not family friend.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 4:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
Pls how can I chat you in private? Or maybe here is my email address, can you say hi to me so I can email you. I really need your guide. ngozychukwuekem@gmail.com.
Thanks
Bigsecret:
I don’t know but I think people do. I got it at my first attempt.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ehizy007: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
Can someone please respond to this a friend is also facing this ?
Haryans:
Good morning everyone, please I really need help. I was refused visa on the 7th of June. I want to reapply as my program date is in August. I just paid another MRV fee yesterday and I found out that the available date is September 7 which is so far. I changed to Abuja and the available date is August 26. Please what can I do. I was thinking if I could change my ds 160 location to Nigeria Abuja May be I will get a closer date.my dashboard is also saying my passport is still with the US consular when I have my passport with me. Please help me @TWoods
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Haryans: 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2021
Please I still need help. Any contribution(s) is welcomed ������
Haryans:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2021
For those traveling soon, Kenya airways are on promo you can get tickets as low as NGN280,000.00
You might want to check it out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Misterdhee1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2021
chibertha:
For those traveling soon, Kenya airways are on promo you can get tickets as low as NGN280,000.00
You might want to check it out
How do we access this please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thazine: 6:59pm On Jun 12, 2021
Vahn:
how much was it in Naira please?

You can contact him and find out because rate changes and he charges for the service.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.