Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,956 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637559 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2021
Guys, could anyone recommend a loan i could get for my first year?

My bank statement is not enough.

MFinance, Prodigy, SBI, and Avancee checked. Most of them do no support Western Illinois University.

Please, do recommend a company that gives loan in three-four days.

Many thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 1:44am On Jun 23, 2021
Martinogie9:
My Visa Interview
Date: 16/06/21
Venue: Abuja Embassy
Course: M.Sc. Petroleum Engineering
School: Texas Tech University
Funding: $8,356
Deficit: $25,156
GRE: nil
TOEFL/IELTS: nil
Number of attempts: 1st and only

On that very day Abuja embassy was calm, cool and full of white papers grin

VO: Pass me your passport, I-20 and DS160 confirmation
Me: Passes my documents
VO: I can see you are going to Texas Tech University
Me: yes, I' m going to TTU to study for my Master of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering
VO: How long have you been working?
Me: Over 5 years now
VO: looks at me surprisingly
Me: Yes I started working since (mentions the exact date on my DS160)
VO: Oh I see. Where do you work?
Me: I work at Bleep Oil and Gas Services Limited as a Petroleum Production Optimization Engineer. Bleep company is an oil servicing firm that is involved in drilling, production optimization, well completion and reservoir engineering services for the upstream sector and my duties include; I design tubing head, buttom hole and wellbore equipment for artificial lift solutions, I also ...( VO cuts in)
VO: I can see you have some funding. Who will pay the deficit?
Me: My stepfather. Mr. Bleep, he is a businessman in the oil and gas industry. He has 3 filling stations that sells PMS. He is also a real estate developer, he buys land, develops it and sells to people. He also has two hotels that generates income for him.
VO: how many rooms does the hotels have?
Me: 45 rooms each with a total of 60 staffs
VO: what did you study as an undergraduate?
Me: Petroleum Engineering
VO: Alright make sure you observe covid-19 guidelines and do all bla bla bla ....... hands me white paper, my I20 and DS160 confirmation. This paper will tell you how you'll pick your passport in 2-5 business days.

I really prepared hard but all the "why this course"? "Why this school" ? and e.t.c ..... never came up. [b]Please in whatever you do make sure you know what you filled in your DS160 form and fill that form by yourself. Also never you memorize answers. [/b]The interview can come in any form. Just be prepared and pray to Jehovah the most high that ruleth in the affairs of men. It was all by his grace.

Today 22/06/21, I received my passport with my visa on it.

Thank you nairalanders for all you did. Special respect to my friend PotentialNurse...God bless you real good for all your support. See you at TTU.

Congrats... and this folks is how you do it. This is why I tell folks, you don't need mock interviews from people who want to fleece you.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 2:03am On Jun 23, 2021
Please explain the second paragraph
Schrodinger1:

No! It is free. You will not pay another visa fee. Go and fill a new DS-160 with Abuja as your new Location, update the new confirmation number on your Visa appointment page.

Raw fact: you can use your DS-160 with Lagos indicated as a location and Abuja as your place of interview. It is very allowed. Your info will just be transferred from Lagos to Abuja on the day of your interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EkemNgo: 2:11am On Jun 23, 2021
If you have utilized all your chances for requesting emergency date and yet the dates you got are far from your resumption date what else can you do?
Like your resumption is july and the emergency date is October and you can't request again. What other option is left?
Schrodinger1:
Guys, I have come to observe that many applicants have the proclivity of taking an action before coming here to ask questions about the same steps or actions they have taken. This attitude is absurd, improper and analogous to putting the cart before the horse. Let's try to refrain from that habit.

My advise is for you to ask your questions here first, to clarify all doubts, before going to take a decision or step that could have negative consequences in the application process, in the long term. However, if you are not uncertain about what to do, asking becomes irrelevant, do proceed.

In addition, There's also no need to patronize agents, most of them are not as sound as you think, and probably never had admission, funding or Visa to study in the US for themselves. Just last week, I was contacted by someone here to help secure an emergency appointment after her agent could not do the needful as he doesn't know the process.

All you need to excel in this hustle, is on this thread. Drop your questions and probably mention the experienced guys that are frequently here along with the questions.

Best of luck in your forth coming interviews.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 2:23am On Jun 23, 2021
Is there anyone who has recently received an approval for emergency appointment at the lagos consulate?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2021
Duisburg:
Guys, could anyone recommend a loan i could get for my first year?

My bank statement is not enough.

MFinance, Prodigy, SBI, and Avancee checked. Most of them do no support Western Illinois University.

Please, do recommend a company that gives loan in three-four days.

Many thanks.

You want to collect loans to WIU? It is better to collect loans to a top university with great ROI.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 6:45am On Jun 23, 2021
I have submitted ds-160, but I have not pick a date for interview. In the ds-160, I indicated lagos. What's is the right to do if I chose to have the interview at Abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by heyzedd(m): 7:06am On Jun 23, 2021
I worked at DNA lab, the first private lab to be accredited by NCDC for covid 19 PCR test in Nigeria..

We want many student travelling out for their study to come and do their covid 19 PCR test at our lab, we have discount price for student only and also reward effort of referral

I want to create awareness for them to come to our lab for the test..

They can contact me on whatsapp 08093726070 for proper enquiries/information they might need..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 7:06am On Jun 23, 2021
Hello guys where will it be possible to get emergency date Lagos or abuja? Please advice me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 7:14am On Jun 23, 2021
Prosnelson:

Thank you very much, but what if I look for an immediate family member with the same surname may be getting a loan approval letter from bank will that be okay?

That might not solve your problem.
$59k is too high for an international student without funding. Even native Americans cannot afford that amount without the help of financial aids. The V.O will continue to see you as someone who will abandon school and join street.

You still have time. Forget about fall admission. Look for another well ranked and accredited schools with lower cost of attendance or look for schools that will give you funding. Then reapply for visa.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Prosnelson: 7:29am On Jun 23, 2021
Muleriders:

That might not solve your problem.
$59k is too high for an international student without funding. Even native Americans cannot afford that amount without the help of financial aids. The V.O will continue to see you as someone who will abandon school and join street.

You still have time. Forget about fall admission. Look for another well ranked and accredited schools with lower cost of attendance or look for schools that will give you funding. Then reapply for visa.
Okkk thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.