Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,968 members, 7,799,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1633063 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
Always coming with facts
TWoods:

Strange… this is the US CBP note on the 6-month validity… Nigeria is on the exempt list. Either way, OP clearly needs to have a new passport.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Dec/Six-Month%20Club%20Update122017.pdf
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by janneth07: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2021
PLS I NEED HELP I HAVE ND AND BSC WHEN I CONTACTED A SCHOOL FOR MSC INUS THEY EVALUATED MY TRANSCRIPT AND SAID I WOULD NEED TO TAKE SOME PRE-REQUIAITE COURSEWORK FOR ME TO BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR MSC AND NOT SPECIFICALLY TO BE TAKEN IN THAT SCHOOL. PLS HOW CAN I DO THAT? ANYONE HERE WHO EXPEIENCE SUCH. THANK YOU.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TWoods(m): 5:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
EmmyteeTosin:
Always coming with facts

Nah I don’t think he’s wrong. I would consider the CBP note as general guidance, with each separate consulate applying unique rules to their situation. I only thought it strange because I know people who obtained visas with passports that were about to expire. But again, that was probably before passports started requiring biometrics.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dapsalmy: 5:12pm On Jul 01, 2021
Funny how people are saying YES, except you want to put a dummy DS-160 Confirmation number and change it later(Which is possible), you need the SEVIS Number on your I-20 to complete your DS-160 form, and you need the DS-160 confirmation number to book an interview.

TheGreenlight:
Can i book an appointment without Without i-20 ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samreb: 5:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
Occc:

Make an emergency appointment
Please how can I go about this,I need someone to put me through thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
Please my people help me review. The issue on my I-20 has been updated. Please how’s it now? My COA is 46k$ in school website but here on I-20 is 42$k. I provided family funds because of my deficit of 3k$ using the COA on school website. Please should I tell them to remove family funds on my I-20 because it’s obvious I had $600 surplus from the dept funding and the COA from the I-20. Please kindly advise. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Occc: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
CelinaAK:
Please my people help me review. The issue on my I-20 has been updated. Please how’s it now? My COA is 46k$ in school website but here on I-20 is 42$k. I provided family funds because of my deficit of 3k$ using the COA on school website. Please should I tell them to remove family funds on my I-20 because it’s obvious I had $600 surplus from the dept funding and the COA from the I-20. Please kindly advise. Thanks
write to your international office
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 5:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
Occc:
write to your international office

About what?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Edunaijagirl: 5:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello House,

I am trying to book appointment at Abuja so that I can then request for emergency appointment but all I can see is no appointment available.

Someone should please help me. I thought I will need to pick a date first before requesting for emergency but there is no date at all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 5:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Mcquine:

Can you please share their mailing address?

support@ustraveldocs.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Janet200:

You will have to wait for 24hrs
I logged in 5 minutes ago,and nothing has changed. Is this normal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
CelinaAK:

You already know what to do, go ahead and do it. Time is of essence.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by onitj: 6:35pm On Jul 01, 2021
Edunaijagirl:
Hello House,

I am trying to book appointment at Abuja so that I can then request for emergency appointment but all I can see is no appointment available.

Someone should please help me. I thought I will need to pick a date first before requesting for emergency but there is no date at all

Is this your first time of booking appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2021
TWoods:

Strange… this is the US CBP note on the 6-month validity… Nigeria is on the exempt list. Either way, OP clearly needs to have a new passport.

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/assets/documents/2017-Dec/Six-Month%20Club%20Update122017.pdf
...OH...OKAY THANK YOU FOR THIS SIR...RENEWAL IS ONGOING...HOPEFULLY, IT WILL BE OUT IN 3WEEKS...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Edunaijagirl: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2021
Yes this is my first booking

Is this your first time of booking appointment?
[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2021
Please ,I need link to VISA INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT...I VE BEEN SERCHING AND SEARCHING FOR IT
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
Edunaijagirl:
Hello House,

dates will pop-up soon. When it does, you can then book and apply for an expedited date. If you see early available dates, please notify us via this medium.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2021
Shanid:
Please ,I need link to VISA INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT...I VE BEEN SERCHING AND SEARCHING FOR IT
Read as many previous pages as you can

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AirstarKane(f): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
LeoNwa:
This is exactly how my interview happened on 25th June

Visa Approved✅
Emergency appointment
VO: White man

School: Illinois institute of technology

Program: Masters in Advanced Manufacturing, Automation and Control systems

COA: $49888
Funding: $11000

Deficit covered with Mpower Loan and Personal Savings.

I forgot to sign my i20. I have to sign it in front of the VO�

The two persons before me were denied.

VO: Hi, Good morning, how are you?

Me: I'm fine and you?

VO: Cool, pass me the documents.

Me: I gave him only my passport.

VO: (He smiled) I mean pass me those documents you are with.

Me: Oh! I wasn't aware of that, sorry. I then passed my DS160 and i20

VO: I see you are going for Manufacturing Engineering.

Me: No! I'm going for Advanced Manufacturing with a specialization in Automation and Control Systems.

VO: Looked at his computer to confirm what I filled in DS160 and nodded.

VO: What is your highest qualification?

Me: Bachelors of Engineering, I studied Mechanical Engineering, I graduated in the year Bleep.

VO: Looked at his computer again and nodded

VO: What have you been doing since then?

Me: I've been working in the Oil and Gas Industry.

VO: I can see you worked as a Non-- (I didn't allow him to finish, I completed the sentence for him)

Me: Yes! I previously worked as a Non-destructive Testing Engineer

VO: He looked at his computer again and nodded. He now picked up my i20

VO: I see you have a Loan ( I didn't wait for him to finish, I had to complete the sentence for him)

Me: Sure, I secured a fully approved education loan from Mpower Finance. It will be paid directly to my school upon arrival.

VO: How much is the Loan

Me: $35000

VO: Great! He Nodded! Your family will give you $4000

Me: Sure, my aunt Mrs xxxx will be supporting me with $4000, I will also be supplementing it with my personal savings.

VO: He looked at his computer again and confirmed my aunt's name on my DS160, kept on nodding

VO: What does she do?

Me: She is a real estate investor. She buys and sells lands. She also develops them into estates.

VO: I can see you are genuine! (We both smiled). I will be keeping your passport. He gave me a white paper

He was telling me bout COVID 19 restrictions and Port of entry, I didn't hear anyother thing. I kept on saying. Okay!!. When he was done talking, I told him Thank you!, Bye and have a nice day.

VO: you too

No Document was asked

----------------------------------------
Note:

1) Know your DS160 and make sure you filled the DS160 by yourself without error.

2)Know your funding.

3) If possible, get relevant work experience

Be Confident and see this as a discussion not just question and answer.

Congratulations man! We are in the process too soon to share the good news.
Can you help out with the loan application process. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
Shanid:

Are you sure you've been searching and not seen?

Anyway send me your mail, I have some PDF files you might find handy.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 01, 2021
Unavailability of dates is really crazy.

Is it even possible for them to release dates in July and August?

This is really frustrating.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dapsalmy: 8:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
Guys please when you see available dates and you've done yours please update here. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 8:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
Emergency appointment approved but still no date available and this approval is just a week thing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dapsalmy: 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2021
Lagos or Abuja?

EmmyteeTosin:
Emergency appointment approved but still no date available and this approval is just a week thing
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 8:56pm On Jul 01, 2021
Good evening guys. Please my emergency interview application is still pending. Still no response. I wanted to ask if I can cancel my existing scheduled interview date for Nov 2 2021. Because the resheduling option is no longer available on my portal. But I have only rescheduled twice. So I DNT know why my resheduling option has disappeared. Please can I cancel my appointment? Would I be able to reschedule after canceling my appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmyteeTosin(m): 9:00pm On Jul 01, 2021
Abuja
dapsalmy:
Lagos or Abuja?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifecom15: 9:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
Emergency request approved went for rescheduling but no dates are available for July
What can I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by harveygordon: 9:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to be sure of something. Is it a must my school send the Hard copy (original copy) to me for the purpose of visa interview? Or can I just print the emailed copy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 10:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
harveygordon:
Hello everyone, I want to be sure of something. Is it a must my school send the Hard copy (original copy) to me for the purpose of visa interview? Or can I just print the emailed copy?

You mean i-20?
The embassy accepts electronic copies.

Make sure you sign in the column provided when you print
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tamison: 10:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hello everyone!

Is there anyone here helping with SAT registration? If yes, kindly reply this message soI can DM you. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
JavanElsevier41:
Good day guys. I just joined this platform. I got admitted to a University in New Jersey. So I have applied for a visa interview in Lagos but the closest date I could get was in November and my school resumes September 1. I have applied for an emergency interview for over a week now. The last time I sent them a mail they said that they are still processing it and time is running out. Is this how emergency interview applications take before they respond? Coz I don tire

Have you been able to get a response from them?

Mine also is over a week no response and I'm freaking out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
ifecom15:
Emergency request approved went for rescheduling but no dates are available for July
What can I do?

Lagos or Abuja?

When did you request?

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.