Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1635035 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jaylo79: 10:24am On Jul 10, 2021
Please I want to find out, is having two sponsors a red flag, my mother and my brother in particular?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 10:31am On Jul 10, 2021
Jaylo79:
Please I want to find out, is having two sponsors a red flag, my mother and my brother in particular?

No. My friend had 3 uncles as sponsors plus his father. And he recently got his visa.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xoxo701: 10:38am On Jul 10, 2021
Good day everyone.. Please I need some enlightenment I'm new here! I study psychology in my underG and I applied for masters in Public Administration at a private university in PA ..I have my i20 already and I have paid the Sevis Fee as well but class resumes by 25th of August i try to schedule appointment at Lagos consulate but the available is Dec 11 which picked but I request for emergency appointment 3 days ago and I haven't read back from them what can I do? Also as an adult in late 30's I work as a tour manager is it ideal for me to put self sponsor or i should use my father as sponsor while filling ds160 form? The estimated average cost for 9months is $25K personal funds! No funds from the school, No on campus employment as stated on the i20.. Please I need advise and more enlightenment ..do I stand chance? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 11:29am On Jul 10, 2021
ebbie9ja:
For the sponsors, I have GA from school (Full tuition waiver with stipend totalling 28k) but with a deficit of 12k (living expenses and other fees) which I propose to offset with personal funds. Should I then say it is self sponsored?

Yes!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheReaper17: 11:30am On Jul 10, 2021
With regards to the Emergency Appointment in Lagos, you're not alone. Lagos seems to be taking a long time to respond to those right now. I'll personally suggest you use your Dad as the sponsor, at least that way, the VO can be convinced you won't be stranded if your funds run out. I don't think there are rules to it tho. Your age isn't an issue at all. I wish you good luck as you wait for a date.
xoxo701:
Good day everyone.. Please I need some enlightenment I'm new here! I study psychology in my underG and I applied for masters in Public Administration at a private university in PA ..I have my i20 already and I have paid the Sevis Fee as well but class resumes by 25th of August i try to schedule appointment at Lagos consulate but the available is Dec 11 which picked but I request for emergency appointment 3 days ago and I haven't read back from them what can I do? Also as an adult in late 30's I work as a tour manager is it ideal for me to put self sponsor or i should use my father as sponsor while filling ds160 form? The estimated average cost for 9months is $25K personal funds! No funds from the school, No on campus employment as stated on the i20.. Please I need advise and more enlightenment ..do I stand chance? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lightspeed26: 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hello everyone , pls is it true appointment dates in July and August can pop up by chance on one’s portal even without applying for emergency ?? Had to get a new MRV cos my initial emergency was denied and I had exhausted my rescheduling chances !
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adedapomola1993: 12:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please guys I just got admitted, please its a question I need urgent answer to,please what are the criterials to get an emergency visa appointment as a student.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asj001: 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2021
How do you send them a mail/reminder

When I applied for EA, after uploading my documents, I got an error to fill the captcha properly. After I did that, I clicked on the sumbit button, only to observe that my documents are no longer available.

I think my request will be denied. Please how can I mail them
chuksmanred:

Not yet. But certain they will.

You will get an email from them. But know this: two things are involved. It's either they approve you or they deny you.

Send them a reminder. If u have done so of recent don't do again, and pray for a positive response from them.

Hopefully, we will all be approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2021
Adedapomola1993:
Please guys I just got admitted, please its a question I need urgent answer to,please what are the criterials to get an emergency visa appointment as a student.
It's very simple. Once you have paid the visa appointment fee. schedule the earliest date available on your portal and request for an expedited interview.

Remember if you write anyhow message, you may get an anyhow response.

PS: You must attach your Sevis fee payment printout and I-20.

All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
I only attached my I-20 will I still be able to get approved for an emergency appointment?
Futuragetty:

It's very simple. Once you have paid the visa appointment fee. schedule the earliest date available on your portal and request for an expedited interview.

Remember if you write anyhow message, you may get an anyhow response.

PS: You must attach your Sevis fee payment printout and I-20.

All the best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2021
Good day everyone my start date is on the 16th of august and I booked a regular appointment on the 16th august and my classes start on the 23rd of august I requested an emergency appointment at the Abuja embassy on Wednesday morning I sent a feedback to them on Thursday they said they will get back to me in 1 or 2 business days I’m still waiting is it possible for me to go for the interview on the 16th and travel to the US before classes start ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Futuragetty: 1:02pm On Jul 10, 2021
Approvalll:
I only attached my I-20 will I still be able to get approved for an emergency appointment?
It's pretty unlikely that they'll approve it if you didn't attached your Sevis printout. keep your hope alive!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by durosegun(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
isaacdamola32:
Good day Ya'll I have been following up this platform for a while now I am evidently a beneficiary of the prestigious platform, please anybody from New Mexico state university here (Alumni or Prospective students) just anybody, I need to make some enquiry, about how to go about accommodation inside or outside the school, I just need a guide.
Please let's connect. I have sent you a pm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MicMond01: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
Good day to you all

I've been trying to book an F-1 appointment for a while now but I keep getting "There are currently no appointments available" as a response.
My program begins August.

Please what can I do

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xoxo701: 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2021
TheReaper17:
With regards to the Emergency Appointment in Lagos, you're not alone. Lagos seems to be taking a long time to respond to those right now. I'll personally suggest you use your Dad as the sponsor, at least that way, the VO can be convinced you won't be stranded if your funds run out. I don't think there are rules to it tho. Your age isn't an issue at all. I wish you good luck as you wait for a date.
Okay! Thanks I have intention of mentioning co-sponsorship because I will print my bank statement as well I run it very well with good balance

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by samtol4(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Prexy1999:

You deserved rejection. Try and be more serious next time if you want that VISA.
take it easy with people. No one deserved rejection , people need help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Abdul240(m): 2:19pm On Jul 10, 2021
Gud everyone i have been following these trend for a while now i want to study in USA plss what are the procedure in applying for a student visa plss i need someone to guide me on it plss thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2021
Okay if I am denied will I be given another chance to submit all the remaining documents?
Futuragetty:
It's pretty unlikely that they'll approve it if you didn't attached your Sevis printout. keep your hope alive!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by CelinaAK: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
MicMond01:
Good day to you all

I've been trying to book an F-1 appointment for a while now but I keep getting "There are currently no appointments available" as a response.

Please what can I do

Switch to Abuja, no available dates in Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oyeyemidesign: 2:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
MicMond01:
Good day to you all

Please what can I do
Lagos or Abuja?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amenndmore: 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2021
Mcquine:

How did you switch to Abuja?

Did you fill another DS160 form?

Was the Emergency appointment approved?

I need urgent help please it's over two weeks for me no response from them
[quote a
Mcquine:

uthor=ju
Mcquine:

stwise post=97882256][/quote]

Please I have been waiting for Lagos to reply for an emergency interview for the past 2 weeks. Did anyone get an approval the past 2 weeks and how does someone switch?!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Paulhosa99(m): 4:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
Congrats.....I also applied with my wife and got the visa. Applying with your spouse is not an issue.....I wonder what the fear is!

marcojnr:
VISA APPROVED !

This is my transcript as promised .Let me give a little background.I contacted an immigration lawyer who advised I cancel my appointment at the lagos embassy and apply in Accra,Ghana instead.Ive lived in Ghana for a while and only moved back recently and I hold both passports(Main reason I contacted a lawyer for the sakes of home ties).My sponsor also lives in Ghana and I’ve had my education and some work there.
I’m just grateful to God because it’s been 2 years working on this.

The embassy in Ghana is very very calm and no anyhowness like you’ll see at Walter carrington before entering and nobody outside asking to arrange your papers .The embassy is currently prioritizing only students so all the folks I saw there were students

Only 3 V.O available and no sitting from entering the visa hall until you leave so process was very fast

Stood in line for biometrics and continued to interview area

When it was my turn
Me:Good morning
V.O: Good morning.Please pass me your documents

V.O : Please put your hand on the scanner

V.O : What are your travel plans
Me: I’m traveling to the USA for my masters in information systems and business analytics

V.O: Who is paying for your trip
Me: My father

V.O : (Looks up at me)What does he do?
Me: (V.O Kept making eye contact from time to time)He’s a wholesale importer of clothes from South Korea ,China and the UK.He owns and runs a hotel and has rental residential and commercial properties some of which are occupied by banks

V.O : (After typing and looking at his screen for a long time)Are you married ?
Me: No

V.O : Do you have any children
Me: No please

V.O : (sticks a sticker behind my passport gives me a small piece of white paper )You can follow the instructions on there to pick up your passport at the circled time tomorrow .Come with a government issued ID
Me:Thank you

Just like that no document asked even though other before me were asked to show transcripts and school certificates.SEVIS receipt was not a requirement for the interview here but I had it .

All in all I only witnessed two denials,one from a lady who had a G.A but had been denied before and another guy who claimed his aunt will pay his $60k deficit .Another lady who claimed her friend in the USA will help her pay a deficit of $50k was approved.What they say about making eye contact is true.Look them straight in the eye even when they’re not paying attention to you.
Be confident in your answers (Practice in a mirror with your mask on)and go very well prepared and practice speaking audibly if your voice is low tone.Dress in a way that’ll help your confidence but don’t over do it.
Don’t offer any documents or unwanted information unless you’re asked .Fill your DS-160 yourself and go over it multiple times and know exactly what you’ve put down.
Don’t worry about denials before you ,your case is different and pray if you believe in it.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Highzhikk: 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Has anyone been placed on Administrative processing? How long did it take?

People, I went for my interview on 7th of July (Fully funded offer, PhD Biotechnology) everything was going fine until the VO asked if I have travelled out of Nigeria before. I answered that I have gone to Russia for MSc in Biotechnology.

The VO went away for like 20mins and she came back and told me that she was checking about my course. After another five minutes she hand me the 221g form for Administrative processing that they need more time to research about my course in Russia (It happens that Biotechnology and some other STEM courses are on the technology Alert list).

Who has been in this situation and how did you solve it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jerry8243(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2021
I'm sorry man, I'm just seeing this. 08118150139
kinzrael:
I have an offer for Msc in mechanical Engineering too at the University of Alabama, kindly send me you number so can chat.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Attdfb(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Highzhikk:
Has anyone been placed on Administrative processing? How long did it take?

People, I went for my interview on 7th of July (Fully funded offer, PhD Biotechnology) everything was going fine until the VO asked if I have travelled out of Nigeria before. I answered that I have gone to Russia for MSc in Biotechnology.

The VO went away for like 20mins and she came back and told me that she was checking about my course. After another five minutes she hand me the 221g form for Administrative processing that they need more time to research about my course in Russia (It happens that Biotechnology and some other STEM courses are on the technology Alert list).

Who has been in this situation and how did you solve it?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jerry8243(m): 4:58pm On Jul 10, 2021
Yes I am
khoray:
Hello everyone.

Anyone going to Alabama this fall here?

Please reach out let's connect.

Also if you are schooling/resident there already, please reach out.

T for thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Highzhikk: 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2021
I understand this, I just want to know if someone had been in such situations before
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Thane(m): 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2021
Hi guy

I want to apply for masters in public health, the school is Uni of Mississippi. I have a 2.2 bachelors degree in Anatomy.
Can anyone please with experience please mention schools offering Public Health or related courses in the US that I can apply to for masters? I will really appreciate.

Marcojnr sslooss paulhosa99 futuragetty thereaper17
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adedapomola1993: 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JavanElsevier41: 5:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
ayotunde005:

Exactly my situation too.. Applied for emergency appointment with Lagos and haven't heard back since.. Really don't know what step to take again. Resumption is 1st of August

Guy no dulling on this one. Switch to Abuja ooo
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 6:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
dupsydooo:
Good morning everyone, trust your day is going well.... please help

I am 32 years, married with a kid at the moment
,I had 3rd class in my BA degree in history and international studies 2015. But I have bin into fashion since 2009.... Please what do you advice me to do Bec I am a complete novice.....
I even thought of having another bachelor degree in fashion and business management in USA........

Please kindly help me with advice and schools........

I don't want to think of agent and dia wahala...... please please

God bless you

You can go for MBA instead. What was your UG grade over 5.0?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bami26: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2021
Please are you sure about this ?
I’m in this dilemma
I canceled my Lagos and I didn’t see any emergency request in Abuja
I have not moved forward cos I don’t know what to do.
How did you go about it ?
The dates I saw in Abuja are in November/December
sslooss:

You won't have to pay another MRV fee if you only booked one interview date so far and have not rescheduled. I was also in the same situation; I had booked emergency appointment in Lagos but received no response even after 2 weeks. I was able to switch to Abuja with the same MRV fee and still book for emergency appointment. We get two bookings with each MRV fee.

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.