Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (337) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638396 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 11, 2021
francis00:
Good morning house,please I have a problem ooo, two years ago,I got a visa denial in Abuja,and my passport was seized at the US embassy I got another passport though, I plan on applying to another school in USA,but I'm scared of what the outcome will be at the embassy, considering my passport has been seized once, and also can I apply through another country, like Ghana and the likes,please guys help me out.
come clean what do you mean seized ??
Which paper was you given
The embassy doesn’t “seize “ passports
So explain yourself better if you truly want opinions of people here

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 8:18am On Jul 11, 2021
Themaths:
Experienced international travelers please I'm in a dilemma.

So, I'm trying to book a flight to Little Rock, Arkansas for August 10-13th, any of those 4 days. I used to think the farther the travel date the better, but I'm seeing something different. Those August dates are more expensive than booking for a tomorrow or next travel date by as much as 50k.

So, please, what do y'all suggest? Should I wait, maybe the price will come down, or should I book because the price might go up again?

Thank you.

Guys please o, I need opinions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Siraj20: 8:47am On Jul 11, 2021
KINDLE HELP PLSSSSSSSSSSS

Siraj20:

Pls who can guide on how to switch to Abuja for f1/f2 visa interview?
I applied for EA in Lagos for 5days now with no response.
Can anyone confirm that they have been able to successfully get EA approved in Abuja?
Do i fill another ds160 for abj?

What options are available pls?
My tourist visa expires July ending, I want to be able to get a decision before then.

Thanks alot!

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by didogzy: 8:53am On Jul 11, 2021
Please guys, I applied for an Emergency appointment and was denied but the emergency appointment link is still showing on my portal. Can I reapply for EA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 8:57am On Jul 11, 2021
didogzy:
Please guys, I applied for an Emergency appointment and was denied but the emergency appointment link is still showing on my portal. Can I reapply for EA?

You can go ahead
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 9:06am On Jul 11, 2021
Themaths:

If you have someone or somewhere you can stay in the US book a closer date in July to reduce air fare. You may also arrange for housing before you touch base so that you will have somewhere to stay when you book a close date. However, their may be personal reasons why you want to travel in August. Best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Approvalll: 9:12am On Jul 11, 2021
What documents did you submit? And is it Lagos or Abuja?
didogzy:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmaChe(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2021
How will you know if your emergency request is approved? Will they send you an email or it will reflect on your cgi portal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by francis00(m): 9:50am On Jul 11, 2021
channelstravel:

I can guess an agent did the last one for you. Is that what he told you? That your passport was seized?
Actually no,it was seized for real at the point of interview,I had to apply for another passport. So can I still try USA from here in Nigeria or through other country
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Themaths(m): 9:52am On Jul 11, 2021
Pefuele:

If you have someone or somewhere you can stay in the US book a closer date in July to reduce air fare. You may also arrange for housing before you touch base so that you will have somewhere to stay when you book a close date. However, their may be personal reasons why you want to travel in August. Best!

Exactly, I can't go any time before 10-13th of August. Phew
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheReaper17: 9:54am On Jul 11, 2021
Try Georgia Southern University. Check through google, there are hundreds of schools offering MPH. Best of luck
Thane:
Hi guy

I want to apply for masters in public health, the school is Uni of Mississippi. I have a 2.2 bachelors degree in Anatomy.
Can anyone please with experience please mention schools offering Public Health or related courses in the US that I can apply to for masters? I will really appreciate.

Marcojnr sslooss paulhosa99 futuragetty thereaper17

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by francis00(m): 9:57am On Jul 11, 2021
Malone122:
come clean what do you mean seized ??
Which paper was you given
The embassy doesn’t “seize “ passports
So explain yourself better if you truly want opinions of people here
As how,I was asked if I really traveled to those west African countries on my passport,which I actually did,and I even got pics which I took in those countries on my phone.there is no shady things at all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TitilayoAde: 10:06am On Jul 11, 2021
That was from personal experience. You might wake up one day to check your appointment or go to the appointment and you will be told it has been canceled.

Omoxrist:

It’s still visible after 3 days of getting the mail and it’s still scheduled. I booked B1/B2… not F visa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 10:07am On Jul 11, 2021
Most people travel in August. I guess that explains the hike in price
Themaths:

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigsecret(f): 10:08am On Jul 11, 2021
Why was it seized. If people know the reason or what transpired between you and the VO, they can provide you with specific advice that can solve your situation
francis00:

Actually no,it was seized for real at the point of interview,I had to apply for another passport. So can I still try USA from here in Nigeria or through other country
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jojoey: 10:08am On Jul 11, 2021
francis00:
Good morning house,please I have a problem ooo, two years ago,I got a visa denial in Abuja,and my passport was seized at the US embassy I got another passport though, I plan on applying to another school in USA,but I'm scared of what the outcome will be at the embassy, considering my passport has been seized once, and also can I apply through another country, like Ghana and the likes,please guys help me out.
Why on earth will the us embassy seize your passport? Do they have such right?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AONAIRA: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2021
Hi Javan, can you please DM me the lady that helped you. Thank you.
JavanElsevier41:

Can you imagine. People Sha. I have even referred people on this platform to her and she has been able to help them. Yet they call her scam.. it is well sha. For those asking how I did it, it was this same lady in question that helped me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by PeaceMogbo: 10:18am On Jul 11, 2021
I am going to Lamar university this fall 2021 contact me @foodbyPeace on Instagram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sharon8: 10:25am On Jul 11, 2021
jojoey:

Why on earth will the us embassy seize your passport? Do they have such right?

Yes, the embassy can seize a passport if they find any of the stamps on the passport to be fake.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by harveygordon: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2021
harveygordon:
Hi people. My friend made a mistake on his visa application when booking appointment. He entered only first name without his middlename. How can he can he correct it?
Someone should help out with an answer to question above. Or should he just book another appointment?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by harveygordon: 10:39am On Jul 11, 2021
EmmaChe:
How will you know if your emergency request is approved? Will they send you an email or it will reflect on your cgi portal?

You will get an email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by francis00(m): 10:48am On Jul 11, 2021
Bigsecret:
Why was it seized. If people know the reason or what transpired between you and the VO, they can provide you with specific advice that can solve your situation
She asked a question about where was I on a particular date,in which I told her I was in ghana,but I left for Ghana two days after, didn't know one had to study the date he left the shores of Nigeria though, I think the thing there is that people do get the stamps illegally,which she thought I did,after she asked me the first question which I missed,I was given an administrative processing stuff and a visa denial form like that,in which I was interrogated by the embassy police and I was ask to send pictures I took in those countries I claimed I went to,which I did,I was told I should contact the Nigeria immigration HQ for my passport, instead of going about with all that,I applied for another one, though the first few weeks,I kept tracking my passport back then it was still at the embassy,but I guess it's now at the immigration HQ,cause when I checked,it says it no more at the embassy,my question is can I apply to USA again since I got a new passport, we all know the stress of going to abj @immiggration HQ and getting old passport,wen I got a new one already.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 11, 2021
francis00:

She asked a question about where was I on a particular date,in which I told her I was in ghana,but I left for Ghana two days after, didn't know one had to study the date he left the shores of Nigeria though, I think the thing there is that people do get the stamps illegally,which she thought I did,after she asked me the first question which I missed,I was given an administrative processing stuff and a visa denial form like that,in which I was interrogated by the embassy police and I was ask to send pictures I took in those countries I claimed I went to,which I did,I was told I should contact the Nigeria immigration HQ for my passport, instead of going about with all that,I applied for another one, though the first few weeks,I kept tracking my passport back then it was still at the embassy,but I guess it's now at the immigration HQ,cause when I checked,it says it no more at the embassy,my question is can I apply to USA again since I got a new passport, we all know the stress of going to abj @immiggration HQ and getting old passport,wen I got a new one already.
okay If it’s so you can go to the embassy with the new passport and fill what transpired with the old passport In your DS160
Obviously you would be asked if you have misplaced a passport before…so fill correctly in your ds160 the full details…
Then when going to the embassy try and get a police report for the loss of the old passport and you should be good to go
Goodluck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by 123456789ww(m): 11:11am On Jul 11, 2021
Hello guys. I need your advise, I haven’t canceled my appointment before, but I’m thinking of canceling it and apply for Abuja since Lagos is not responding for EA interview. But I see on my dashboard that I may have the last opportunity to reschedule my appointment. Can I still cancel and apply for interview in Abuja? I don’t really want to pay a new fee.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by revenant: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2021
Visa Approved
Lagos Consulate
Alot of blue papers flying across board on that day.
I arrive lagos on Sunday all the hotels that was recommended here to me where fully booked that (it was showering so everywhere is abit cold) evening. Finally got one by 9pm.

My interview experience below:

She did more of typing/reading than asking me questions.

VO: Good morning and welcome, give me your 1-20/passport
Me: Good morning, here is it.
VO: Typed/read for about 1-2minutes, She then ask why do you want to study this course in this (She never mentioned the name of the school) school.
Me: I want to study this course in this school because of the research work of Professor James Madison which I believe can be easily transferred to case studies in the region where I am from in Nigeria (She looked at me with surprised). His research at the moment is on solute transport modeling of contaminant in groundwater, I believe the skills and knowledge I will acquire from working with him on this project will help me address the issue of groundwater contamination we are currently facing. The region where I am from, we are faced with a range of challenges one of which is groundwater contamination.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask what will you do with this course?.
Me: I want to set up my own Environmental Consulting Firm to work with Federal Ministry of Environment and Water Resources in ensuring that there is access to clean water for everyone in the region.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask I see you have a deficit ($10, 560), who is paying?
Me: My friend who is based in Canada (She looked at me)
VO: Is he a Canadian?
VO: No
VO: What is your relationship with him?
Me: He is my friend from childhood, we grew up in the same neighborhood. He is passionate about my plans of establishing my own consulting firm.
VO: What does he do
Me: He work with an SSS organization in Canada.
VO: Typed/read for another 1-2 minutes then she ask where do you work?
Me: I work with DYZ Services; we are into a range of work that include groundwater investigation and borehole development.
VO: Gave me the white paper and said I should follow the instructions on the paper.

Note:
What I notice on that day is that alot of persons are largely unprepared for the interview. There was this guy who built up his case very well and then the VO ask him where is the bank statement of his sponsor, he said he didn't bring it and that he had used it to apply for his 1-20 initial. There where others I can't mention here.

My interview wasn't as smooth as it is up there, but I ensured that I nailed all the points. After preparations pray to the being you serve. I prayed to God, because in my own case I cannot take God out of the scheme of thing (not by my power).

I just thought I should share this here.

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Qpearl: 11:23am On Jul 11, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Qpearl: 11:24am On Jul 11, 2021
Qpearl:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2021
How many times is allowed to reschedule a Visa appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by akomzy123: 11:55am On Jul 11, 2021
He he a citizen? He just graduated, does he has financial capability to invite you? He is even meant to return to Nigeria after graduation, so why is he inviting you?

jpseason:
I’ve asked a question theee times , nobody even replied me.
Cus of that , it created a butterfly effect with me and I’m asking this different question now, a friend is graduating next month or so, if he invites me from USA , what are my chances ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2021
Mcquine:
How many times is allowed to reschedule a Visa appointment
one time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2021
revenant:
Visa Approved
Lagos Consulate

I just thought I should share this here.
Thanks for sharing.
Congrats!

(1) (2) (3) ... (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.