Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1635025 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Blessings001: 10:11am On Feb 18, 2021
Joclins:
Hello guys,
I applied to Western Illinois University and I have gotten my funding and other stuffs. I was told to submit my financial documents before I-20 issuance which I have. but I am yet to receive I-20 and it's been almost 3 weeks I submitted my financials.
Anyone knows what is the issue?

PS: I applied for Undergrad

Email their admission office, the undergraduate program coordinator. You can also call dem(Glo) and lay your complain
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francejaik(m): 11:41am On Feb 18, 2021
Hello guys I'm new here.

The name on my international passport is different from the name on my degree certificate.

For instance, the name on my international passport is ABCDE, while the name on my degree certificate is ABCDF.

Please, how can I proof to the V.O that I'm the same person.

I need your urgent responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:10pm On Feb 18, 2021
klique:
Good evening Nairalanders, so I got this GA idea recently and searched on here (sure information bank) and boom, it’s been going on for God knows when.
First off, I have HND (3.05/4.00) and this guy that wants to help me is already in US as a GA and said he will charge me $780 for everything. Lol, while I don’t have that much amount, Omo I’m very skeptical because a lot of questions I asked weren’t cleared well. I know it’s 10 schools in 100 that accept straight masters from HND holders. Also, I writing a professional exam like GRE, TOFEL etal are one the main requirement. He said he will run it, i don't know how people of God. So i have come to seek knowledge from the elders. Is it possible i apply straight masters with hnd? While there are English test waivers, arr there really ways you can bypass this? I no want illegal stuff o.

Kindly advice pleace

Good Day Miss!

If you’re not the lazy type, You don’t need to pay anyone for this USA student visa shii. Because it’s way easy than other country, it’s just time and money that it will take. You will even enjoy doing it yourself, because it’s interesting and challenging. Eventually, doing it yourself will definitely help you when you go for VISA INTERVIEW and when you kick off your GRADUATE STUDY in the state.

HND is not a barrier in the USA. All you need is to convert your ND and HND result to USA STANDARD, using some professional bodies, e.g WES and co then apply for schools like other Bsc holder.

HND is not that a barrier !! Don’t pay anymore!!

PS: I’m also an HND Grad. I’ve secure 5 admits for Msc since the start of this ‘journey’ tho, still yet to process going for visa interview.

You can reach me on PM if you’ve any other question.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ddnazy: 12:19pm On Feb 18, 2021
Please is there anyone going to American University Washington DC for fall 2021 so can connect. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 12:50pm On Feb 18, 2021
Francejaik:
Hello guys I'm new here.

The name on my international passport is different from the name on my degree certificate.

For instance, the name on my international passport is ABCDE, while the name on my degree certificate is ABCDF.

At the Bolded, you statement is not clear at all. ABCDE and ABCDF is a different thing entirely.
I don't know if you're talking about name arrangement or an incorrect name.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francejaik(m): 1:46pm On Feb 18, 2021
Chonco:

At the Bolded, you statement is not clear at all. ABCDE and ABCDF is a different thing entirely.
I don't know if you're talking about name arrangement or an incorrect name.

I meant incorrect name.

My name bears Patrick on my international passport, but in the degree certificate, it bears pattrick
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AfonjaBoston: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2021
Novartis:
By Cotonou graduates, I mean people who schooled in the Republic of Benin

We are highly discriminated in Nigeria

That’s why I came to ask here first, so I’ll know if USA discriminates us too

Lol at Cotonou graduates grin cheesy cheesy now that is a funny slur..
Better than saying oluwole � wink cheesy cheesy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Eniolakiite(f): 2:18pm On Feb 18, 2021
Hello fam and congratulations to all those that have gotten their visas. Grad sch has been a whole lot for me but all I see now is the light at the end of the tunnel as I will be graduating in May.

As a prospective international student, you need to know some things and prepare yourself. The job market is extremely competitive over here. This was how I landed an internship in my last semester of Grad school after hundreds of applications since I started my masters program. An internship makes it easy to secure a full time job upon graduation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmXLKgq8w4I&t=3s

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AfonjaBoston: 2:25pm On Feb 18, 2021
Eniolakiite:
Hello fam and congratulations to all those that have gotten their visas. Grad sch has been a whole lot for me but all I see now is the light at the end of the tunnel as I will be graduating in May.

As a prospective international student, you need to know some things and prepare yourself. The job market is extremely competitive over here. This was how I landed an internship in my last semester of Grad school after hundreds of applications since I started my masters program. An internship makes it easy to secure a full time job upon graduation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmXLKgq8w4I&t=3s

Baby When are you coming back to naija. We need your expertise. Abi no be wetin you tell them during interview?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Eniolakiite(f): 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2021
Well, I wasn't specifically asked that question during my time, and also I have the opportunity of working here with STEM OPT for the next three years so I am looking into exploring that.
Nigeria will always be home and I will be back at the right time smiley

AfonjaBoston:

Baby When are you coming back to naija. We need your expertise. Abi no be wetin you tell them during interview?

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AfonjaBoston: 3:28pm On Feb 18, 2021
Eniolakiite:

Well, I wasn't specifically asked that question during my time, and also I have the opportunity of working here with STEM OPT for the next three years so I am looking into exploring that.
Nigeria will always be home and I will be back at the right time smiley

Bloody demoncrat taking advantage of porous immigration laws grin grin angry grin

Omo Yoruba i like all that gesticulation lol
I get one slot available PM. You fine small oooo wink wink
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Flakkie1130(f): 4:38pm On Feb 18, 2021
Francejaik:
Hello guys I'm new here.

Will you be taking your certificate with you to your interview?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:48pm On Feb 18, 2021
First you do extension of stay of your current B1/B2 status be sure to do it at the appropriate time 120 or 90 days before current stay expires ( this is so that you will not be out of status while waiting for F1) after which you apply for adjustment of status to F1.while you are waiting for your F1 status because it might take time,get ready to file another extension that is if first one was granted.
Remember make sure you have enough money and proof of funds to sustain you while there without having to work illegally.

Good luck

FYI
This process might take upto a year but it is doable.

JaySterling:
Hey guys

Quick question!

I’m currently in the states. I entered 2 months ago with a B1/B2 visa for a conference.

I was stamped in 6 months at the POE.

Now I wanna study, but the school I went to here in Illinois told me that I cannot attend the graduate program (MBA) I intend to study with a B1/B2 visa, that I need an F1.

So guys, can I apply for an F1 visa here in the states, or I will have to return to Nigeria and apply for it.

Basically, starting all over undecided

Or can anyone recommend me any school in the states that would allow me do my masters in business administration with my B1/B2 visa. I’m currently in Chicago, but I don’t mind relocating to another state, so far a school there will accept me.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by obajoey(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2021
which school? And did you get funding?
nelmc:
Hi. Please I just got admission for the Fall 2021 term. How soon or when should I apply for a visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2021
I would correct the one on my international passport to match with the one on my certificateif it is the only place that appears.

Francejaik:

I meant incorrect name.

My name bears Patrick on my international passport, but in the degree certificate, it bears pattrick

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francejaik(m): 8:32pm On Feb 18, 2021
chibertha:
I would correct the one on my international passport to match with the one on my certificateif it is the only place that appears.

Thanks alot
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chonco: 9:31pm On Feb 18, 2021
Francejaik:

Thanks alot

I would advise you check immigration website and find out the required documents for it.
Secondly, you need to visit their headquarters if you really want it facilitated

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:16am On Feb 19, 2021
Francejaik:

Thanks alot

First of all, you will spend close to 200k to do the change of name(it is only change of name from maiden to husband’s name that is cheap).

Secondly, I hope your documents like your NIN and birth certificate(not declaration of age o, the one with the 1992 NPC) has the exact name you want to change to?

Thirdly, this process will take time.

I am telling you this out of experience, I changed my first name from “Met” to “Mat”(an example) and my middle name too. I will advise you to leave the error the way it is, it is just an addition of one letter that can easily be missed/overlooked.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jexpress(m): 5:12am On Feb 19, 2021
Please, if you have GRE material i will appreciate if you can share it with me via;
jcvaxe@yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francejaik(m): 5:57am On Feb 19, 2021
[quote author=Flakkie1130 post=99196010][/quote]

Thanks @Flakkie
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francejaik(m): 5:59am On Feb 19, 2021
PotentialNurse:

First of all, you will spend close to 200k to do the change of name(it is only change of name from maiden to husband’s name that is cheap).

Secondly, I hope your documents like your NIN and birth certificate(not declaration of age o, the one with the 1992 NPC) has the exact name you want to change to?

Thirdly, this process will take time.

I am telling you this out of experience, I changed my first name from “Met” to “Mat”(an example) and my middle name too. I will advise you to leave the error the way it is, it is just an addition of one letter that can easily be missed/overlooked.

Thanks @PotentialNurse
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Francejaik(m): 6:00am On Feb 19, 2021
Chonco:

I would advise you check immigration website and find out the required documents for it.
Secondly, you need to visit their headquarters if you really want it facilitated

Thanks @Chonco
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DPO2019: 7:36am On Feb 19, 2021
Hello great mind...
I am a newly admitted PhD student for Fall 2021 at the University of Louisiana in Lafayette.I am at the stage of sending required documents for I-20. Please I will like to know if person fund is compulsory as a proof of fund since I have a Sponsor from my Uncle with enough funds as required for my Program.Please any one for UL Lafayette should kindly link up.08137358262.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kastgeraldino: 7:40am On Feb 19, 2021
You ought to be fully funded by your school as a PhD. Why are you thinking of using personal or family funds?

DPO2019:
Hello great mind...
I am a newly admitted PhD student for Fall 2021 at the University of Louisiana in Lafayette.I am at the stage of sending required documents for I-20. Please I will like to know if person fund is compulsory as a proof of fund since I have a Sponsor from my Uncle with enough funds as required for my Program.Please any one for UL Lafayette should kindly link up.08137358262.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stewee(m): 8:11am On Feb 19, 2021
Congrats!!!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DPO2019: 8:12am On Feb 19, 2021
kastgeraldino:
You ought to be fully funded by your school as a PhD. Why are you thinking of using personal or family funds?

They said the Covid pandemic has hitted so hard on their funding and for now decisions they have just limited to none of full sponsorship.So I am hoping I’ll get some sort of funding when I get there or any available positions like TA or RA.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stewee(m): 8:13am On Feb 19, 2021
Can’t believe this thread still thrives after all these years.
Well done Justwise!!!

Big ups to everyone still trying to reach their dreams.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stewee(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2021
Bigfrancis! Long time bro!
I hail you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stewee(m): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2021
Congrats!!!
Connecticut is a great city, maybe you’ll get a chance to watch them film the Jerry springer show, who knows. Lol
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Spanishmilf(m): 9:06am On Feb 19, 2021
Stewee I literally thought that was your own transcript stop quoting the whole Goddamn thing
It eating up Page

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stewee(m): 9:09am On Feb 19, 2021
Apologies!
I havnt been here in a minute.
Still trying to reorientate myself.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Stewee(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2021
[quote author=Walepro post=98147527]

I honestly don’t see anything wrong with a change of career. It’s something I did years ago.
However, you have to be able to explain to a VO why the career change and what it’ll do for you.

Goodluck!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.