Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,076 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:46 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637982 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 8:35am On Jul 31, 2021
Tosinmichael11:

Thank you brother and others who have responded
The school is willing to change my course to MBA...can I accept this or you think they have my previous info with them??

Or can I change what I do to an IT related field so it can make sense

Do you think my previous info is saved with them??

Of course they save every info you give them. Both your DS-160 information and every oral answer you give during the interview is recorded and will be referenced for future purposes.

You've already said you both sew and sell. In your future interview, maintain that, but indicate that lately you have been focusing on the selling side of the business. And that you have noticed that IT knowledge would help you device more interactive mediums of presenting your products to the Nigerian populace (this is just a schematic as I don't have extensive knowledge of IT. You should read up on how IT knowledge can make your fashion designing business blow up in Nigeria). That's what the V.O wants to know.

An MBA broadly applies across different disciplines and businesses and would have been the best course to apply for. But I'm wary changing course now may raise a red flag. I'm no guru though. Maybe Twoods, Fairheart and others can contribute.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 8:44am On Jul 31, 2021
owagbeba:

Omo, you jazz the V.O.? You no know talk enough “turenchi” she give you visa.

Boy, your jazz strong o!

I'm beginning to think what you say is not as important as how you say it and how you carry yourself.

I've seen people with excellent transcripts who still got denied. Transcripts don't tell the full story. You may be saying all the right things, but being inaudible or stuttering through the sentences, fidgeting, poor eye contact. The VO may misread your nervousness as dishonesty.

There may also be response and recall bias when people are writing their post approval and post denial transcripts.

Infact, I think transcripts are a general guide but don't tell the full story.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Taal17: 8:55am On Jul 31, 2021
Phaithy:

It’s actually possible to pay for your school fees before resumption. I don’t know about other schools but I know about mine. I paid for a year already even though the school refused at first but as soon as I registered for my fall 2021 courses and my bill was raised automatically, I was able to pay for a whole year.

Wow, that's a problem because how do you get your money back if something does go as expected.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aduun(f): 9:01am On Jul 31, 2021
I was denied visa emergency appointment.
And my resumption date is 23rd of august.l want to defer to spring then apply for another expedited date. According to the email sent l can only apply once for emergency appointment with my Mrv fee.l need to make another payment to be able to apply for emergency appointment. Who else is going through the same issue.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 9:10am On Jul 31, 2021
Chyjoey:

I'm beginning to think what you say is not as important as how you say it and how you carry yourself.

I've seen people with excellent transcripts who still got denied. Transcripts don't tell the full story. You may be saying all the right things, but being inaudible or stuttering through the sentences, fidgeting, poor eye contact. The VO may misread your nervousness as dishonesty.

There may also be reporting and recall bias when people are writing their post approval and post denial transcripts.

Infact, I think transcripts are a general guide but don't tell the full story.

You are indeed right. There are so many other factors that influence a positive or negative outcome in a visa process. Many transcript I have seen here shows that V.O. gut feeling plays a greater role. You might say all the right things, but she may not grant a visa.

From your overall experience in this visa process, can you outline the key criteria that may influence a positive outcome in the a visa process?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hrmjohnson: 9:27am On Jul 31, 2021
Good morning house.
My friend is resuming school on the 20th of august 2021 is it advisable that she still pays for visa fee given the situation on ground or should she just defer her admission till January 2022
Thank you as I await a response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kioshi: 9:45am On Jul 31, 2021
Aduun:
And my resumption date is 23rd of august.l want to defer to spring then apply for another expedited date. According to the email sent l can only apply once for emergency appointment with my Mrv fee.l need to make another payment to be able to apply for emergency appointment. Who else is going through the same issue.
Sorry about that. Please what embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 9:46am On Jul 31, 2021
You can apply for more than one emergency request per MRV fee (one at a time anyway). You do not qualify for emergency request only if you have been denied a Visa within the last 6 month
I hope this helps

Aduun:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 9:48am On Jul 31, 2021
No one can predict actually. She may be able to get a date for Fall. However, If the person feels comfortable to defer, I think it a better option.

Hrmjohnson:
Good morning house.
My friend is resuming school on the 20th of august 2021 is it advisable that she still pays for visa fee given the situation on ground or should she just defer her admission till January 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2021
Do we have anyone resuming school next week or week after (from 2nd through to 13th of August), applied to Abuja and has not gotten a date yet for interview? Any?

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bolinga: 10:00am On Jul 31, 2021
On this boat
OlawumiCecilia:
Do we have anyone resuming school next week or week after (from 2nd through to 13th of August), applied to Abuja and has not gotten a date yet for interview? Any?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitopebisi: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2021
Here. Why do you ask?
OlawumiCecilia:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 10:16am On Jul 31, 2021
Did you apply for an emergency?

Bolinga:
On this boat
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OlawumiCecilia: 10:22am On Jul 31, 2021
Hi Temitope,

Are you waiting for emergency approval or seeking a close regular date?

Temitopebisi:
Here. Why do you ask?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Raodot(f): 10:26am On Jul 31, 2021
Same here ,applied for emergency since July 16th ,Abuja embassy ,no response up till now
OlawumiCecilia:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitopebisi: 10:28am On Jul 31, 2021
Hello, I am waiting for emergency request approval.

OlawumiCecilia:
Hi Temitope,

Are you waiting for emergency approval or seeking a close regular date?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aduun(f): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2021
Lagos embassy
Kioshi:

Sorry about that. Please what embassy?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitopebisi: 10:30am On Jul 31, 2021
For those applying for emergency request, asides from SEVIS fee receipt, it is also important to have completed your DS-160 form and submitted. Also attach the confirmation to the required documents.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aduun(f): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2021
Lagos.The available date l got was June 22 2022 and my emergency appointment wasn't approved.
Aduun:
Lagos embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 10:49am On Jul 31, 2021
When did you apply, I've been waiting since 3 weeks now and I'm scared to cancel to reapply in Abuja yet, Did you apply for EA in June or July?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Viquetohr: 10:52am On Jul 31, 2021
Hi Temitope.

I also await emergency request approval from the Lagos Embassy. I applied on the 17th.

When did you apply? Which embassy did you schedule for? What's your program start date?
Temitopebisi:
Hello, I am waiting for emergency request approval.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 10:57am On Jul 31, 2021
Hello guys please help me ooo I request for EA since 9 of July but this is the response I got
Public Response: Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you want to update your profile with new email address.

Kindly note that we have closed your case as the issue has been resolved.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Please visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T3P3RXJ to share feedback on the services we provide.

Have a pleasant day!

Regards,
U.S. Visa Service Desk
It’s Lagos embassy I try to reschedule but I only saw Jan 2024 but on my portal the feedback is open again can I made another feedback because I don’t even know if my EA is approved or denied because no earlier date when I try to reschedule.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Temitopebisi: 11:06am On Jul 31, 2021
Viquetohr:
Hi Temitope.

I also await emergency request approval from the Lagos Embassy. I applied on the 17th.

When did you apply? Which embassy did you schedule for? What's your program start date?

Hi
I applied for Abuja not Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Asj001: 11:29am On Jul 31, 2021
OlawumiCecilia:

I am also on this boat seeking an emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Wanderlust18: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
ufay:
You're welcome.

Hi,

Please can you guide on how you presented your case for EA.

I’m switching to Abuja and I would like to present a most compelling case in hopes of getting my EA approved.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AOJA: 12:51pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hi everyone,

Do we have anyone residing in Ibadan and has gotten his or her VISA already. I would like us to connect regarding some logistics.

My Contact - 07035895592

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Aduun(f): 1:16pm On Jul 31, 2021
This was the mail l received
OlawumiCecilia:

You can apply for more than one emergency request per MRV fee (one at a time anyway). You do not qualify for emergency request only if you have been denied a Visa within the last 6 month
I hope this helps

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AOJA: 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2021
Please where can i buy a measuring hanging scale in Ibadan.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gent2nice: 1:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
Hello people,

I applied for EA request on July 5th with school resumption date been Aug 30th, 2021. I received the response below yesterday, 30th July. I chose Lagos though. My initial appointment date is February 3, 2022.

What may I do?
Thanks

Dear U.S. Visa Applicant,

Thank you for contacting the U.S. Embassy/Consulate. Your request for permission to schedule an emergency appointment has been reviewed. We regret to inform you that your request has been denied.

Please visit our website at www.ustraveldocs.com for FAQs regarding requirements for emergency appointments.

Please find the details, if any have been provided, for denial:

Thank you,
The U.S. Embassy/Consulate

***Important: Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not set up to receive email.

Delete

Move to

Forward

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Adlac(m): 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2021
fairheart:

3 people in my group shared your post with me. You are not a nice person bro, and it is people like you that turn soft people to cold one. When you contacted me, I remember giving you quality time to discuss your case. I didn't even tell you to pay me until you ask me if I can help you. I clearly told you I was busy as I have personal works I needed to attend to and you need me to come on board to better prepare you for the next interview, you'd pay. I remember sighting 3 examples of Nigerians that were refused in Turkey and was told to come to Nigeria for their visas and they got it upon applying in Nigeria. They are on this thread. When I advised, I picked from experience of other applicants. I never said you cannot get your visa with your wife. I said you may need to drop her and apply first then she can join later. There's nothing in my chat with you that was negative or that said you cannot get your visa with your wife. So, why are you posting these about me? I remember telling you you can try and see how it goes. I have never told anyone they can't get their visas. I have been refused several times too, so what are you saying? You're an adult and should do things truthfully. You simply wanted to join the league of bitter Nairalanders.

I charged you 50K because that is how I test the type of people that come to my DM. A lot of people come to my DM for assistance, and I have had to assist majority without kobo. When I feel like placing a price tag on my time, those who genuinely value my time open up; those who have paid.

Not giving up worked for you; Congratulations.

Your conclusion says it all, No ill feelings against anyone.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2021
Paying now or later; that doesn't change anything. If you pay now, you could get a date. If not, the MRV fee is still valid till for a year.

Go ahead and pay now - that would be my advice

Hrmjohnson:
Good morning house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Moytim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.