Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638103 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
Teecee18th:

Thanks guys for your contribution, I just told my mom about the sat and she said she will pay☺️, but will two months be enough time to prepare?
there’s no duration of time that would be enough only you can answer that yourself
You know yourself and your capacity you are the one writing the exams

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2021
Toefl is more expensive than SAT. SAT cost about 55K if you register yourself. Toefl doesn't cost less than 80k; Besides, toefl doesn't improve your chances of admission.
I believe you already know that fact. It could be you have phobia for math. you are trying to avoid math. It's ok. You have known the requirement; you need to face it. Your Waec is nice. Just conquer SAT! Then, You'll have a good number of schools that will give scholarship. SAT is key to Berea College admission. Sometimes, the school consider IELTS. Don't change the admission requirement to suite you.
Teecee18th:

You misunderstood me, the school does not require sat, the only reason I wanted to take the sat exam was to maximize my chances of admission, not for funding, I'm trying to minimize my expenses to lessen the burden a little for my mom( she already agreed to pay for my toefl, don't want to stress her with sat), my dad has the money but just won't support unless he sees I have been granted admission or visa ( which they probably won't give me without sat), so my plan is to get admitted first then inform him about it so he can pay the necessary visa application fees and my flight ticket, I'm just confused, I will think about it tho, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hisexcellency20: 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Good day everyone,

Got into the US through Seattle airport. From where i moved to my destination. Only to discover that one of my bags (a ghana must go bag, properly wrapped with a cellophane) missing. I contacted the airline. And was told that it is with the US custom and boàrder protection. It's been 4 days and they are yet to release it.

Please, who has experienced such type of thing before? How long did it take them to release it.

I only have my shoes, toiletries, cloths and a textbook inside the bag.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 1:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
Dayoaf:
Please guys how do I answer the question
What are your study plans?

Abeg oooh somebody
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UAVdrones: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Two months is enough. Register for the SAT coming up in OCT. send me a pm. I'll recommend some materials for you. I'll give you some.
Teecee18th:

Thanks guys for your contribution, I just told my mom about the sat and she said she will pay☺️, but will two months be enough time to prepare?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mikael11(m): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
VISA DENIED
ABUJA, August 12th
here is my transcript

Me : Gud morning
Vo :Gud morning sir
Vo: Have you travelled before
Me: No.. never had a reason to
Vo: Oh! Your first .. Where are are going to
Me: I’m going to ISU to acquire my bachelor’s degree in Marketing
Vo: Okay.. when did you complete your high school
Me: July 24th 2018
Vo: What have you been doin since then:
Me: I’m a product designer and I have been working with…. Vo: cuts in
Vo: Who is your sponsor
Me: my uncle.. mr xyz and he is the Ceo of bla bla
Vo: Cuts in…….. types for a bit .. sorry you are not eligible for this visa.

Please what could have gone wrong.....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teecee18th: 1:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
UAVdrones:
Toefl is more expensive than SAT. SAT cost about 55K if you register yourself. Toefl doesn't cost less than 80k; Besides, toefl doesn't improve your chances of admission.
I believe you already know that fact. It could be you have phobia for math. you are trying to avoid math. It's ok. You have known the requirement; you need to face it. Your Waec is nice. Just conquer SAT! Then, You'll have a good number of schools that will give scholarship. SAT is key to Berea College admission. Sometimes, the school consider IELTS. Don't change the admission requirement to suite you.

Lol, firstly, yeah it's true I don't like math, but that wasn't the reason I didn't want to take it, which I have made clear already, and secondly I'm not changing any admission requirements, Berea college does not require sat, it's test optional, people have entered without taking sat, a girl in this forum got in too without sat.... So, sat is not COMPULSORY for admission, get your facts straight

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Teecee18th: 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2021
UAVdrones:
Two months is enough. Register for the SAT coming up in OCT. send me a pm. I'll recommend some materials for you. I'll give you some.

Thanks alot, I will do just that.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EmmaChe(m): 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
Printing my i20 on A4 paper is okay right?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by iretex1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2021
Search for handshake on Google play/Apple store, login with your school logon credential and keep exploring..
All the best!

Yashica:
Is this the right thread to ask about graduate assistantships in the US?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
EmmaChe:
Printing my i20 on A4 paper is okay right?
Yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 1:56pm On Aug 14, 2021
Dayoaf:

Abeg oooh somebody
The MBA course is for a duration of 2 years , and I will have to complete 34 credit units before graduating in courses like: ... ... ...

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
mikael11:
VISA DENIED
ABUJA, August 12th
here is my transcript

Me : Gud morning
Vo :Gud morning sir
Vo: Have you travelled before
Me: No.. never had a reason to
Vo: Oh! Your first .. Where are are going to
Me: I’m going to ISU to acquire my bachelor’s degree in Marketing
Vo: Okay.. when did you complete your high school
Me: July 24th 2018
Vo: What have you been doin since then:
Me: I’m a product designer and I have been working with…. Vo: cuts in

Vo: Who is your sponsor
Me: my uncle.. mr xyz and he is the Ceo of bla bla
Vo: Cuts in…….. types for a bit .. sorry you are not eligible for this visa.

Please what could have gone wrong.....

Reading your transcript, the bolded is where I think you lost it. I think if there is a gap between the year you got out high school and university admission, a convincing explanation is needed to scale this hurdle.

It is expected that you go to university after high school. Venturing into a side show For several years after high school makes it seem you either couldn’t get Pass jamb into a Nigerian University or your folks couldn’t afford to get you into a tertiary school here.

This is my gut feeling; I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hurryup123(m): 3:51pm On Aug 14, 2021
Six of us in a family all graduates no job@ll
please who get any link in any federal parastatal/ Multinational companies please help any of us

B.SC Computer sc (2:1) male UNN

B.SC computer sc (2:2) female UNN

B.sc Accountancy (2:1) M.sc statistics PhD statistics. female UNN

B.sc Accountancy (2:2) Female UNN

B.SC Hospitality/tourism mgmt (2:1) Female and best graduant M.sc inview IMSU

B.sc soil science tech (2:2) male Futo

THANKS AND GOD BLESS

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaoke16(m): 4:06pm On Aug 14, 2021
viviansteph12:
I cancelled my interview appointment with Lagos for Abuja and since then, I'm unable to access the *Reschedule appointment* option in my dashboard.
I cant check available dates.

Please, is that the way it ought to be?
What can I do to access a available dates?

Classes starts on 25th August and I got a date in January 2022

If you had requested for emergency appointment at Abuja Embassy, the reschedule option will come up immediately your EA is approved.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Janet200: 4:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
hurryup123:
please who get any link in any federal parastatal/ Multinational companies please help any of us

THANKS AND GOD BLESS

Wow it’s well. Start searching for schools, prepare for gre and gather the required documents for fall 2022. Do your research and take every advice on nairaland as a bonus advice.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
Femotech123:
Proposed transcript
COA $32k
No funding
Course: bachelor degree social work
VO: why are you going to USA
ME: I’m going to US for my bachelor degree in social work at XYZ.... university
VO : why did you choose this course/ program
ME: caring for people especially the vulnerable has always been my passion and what I love to do, this course emphasis on social services render to people and will expose me on helping people to overcome difficult challenge like mental illness, abuse, disability and many more.
VO: why did you chose this school
ME: based on my research, XYZ... university is top north when it comes to academic, they provide internship to boost once career and also undergraduate, XyZ.. university share sentiment about the helpful, polite and friendly nature, all this will go a long way for me in my career.
VO: why US
ME: American institution are known to have high academic standards also US degree have an excellent international reputation, they provide a flexible academic environment and also make cultural diversity of their defining pillars, by studying in USA it will help boost and equip me more on how to care and help people around me even when I return to Nigeria.
vO: how many school did you apply to
mE: I apply for 3 school... xYZ university, university of xyz and xyz college.
VO: when did you graduate from high
ME: 2014
VO: What have you been doing
After my high school, I acquire some skills on how to repair a computer( laptop, desktop, printer) for 2 yr
and afterward I took a diploma course in local government and development studies and also did a one year industrial training base on the course ( hope it’s not red flag.. I fill it on my ds160 already that I went to poly ooo).
VO: what will this degree do for you/ what will you do when you return
ME: I intend to return to Nigeria to work with government or private institution to improve the well-being of vulnerable Nigerians then later start my own NGO which will focus on children with specific health challenges and people struggling with addiction.
VO: who is sponsoring you ?
Me : my brother
VO: what does he do ?
Me He is a real estate developer, he buy and sells land and prosperity and [b]he also have 5 unisex saloon 2 in Lagos 2 in Ibadan and 1 at ogun state [/b]with a total number of 25 employees.

This is my second proposal please any area I need to work on again. Thank I will be glad for your response/contribution/ suggestion

The bolded texts are not good for your application.

Uncle with 5 unisex salons sponsoring you for a 32k$ course? You think am.

2014 to 2021....what have you been doing? This is a tough one?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
SAD...NIGERIA IS IN RUINS! ....Pls one of you should be sponsored for masters in a good country abroad...others can follow later
hurryup123:

THANKS AND GOD BLESS

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
What best can I put my bro please advise me that was what have been doing since I graduated from high school I went to poly and learn a hand work Is the hand work I’m doing now at someone shop at Ikeja here i mean the computer repair
And two about my sponsor work shy the work no make sense ni ? It’s not easy to get shop in oshodi and other one at Ikeja and it’s a unisex saloon oo both barbing and hairdresser the other once in other state a located at city also which they have customers very well thou I don’t know how much they charge but there have a lot of customers the one in Ibadan is at palms mall ring road. Please what else can I say in those one with red please this is the second time of rewriting the transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anotherguyonNL: 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2021
Chyjoey:

You will need an original signed statement, so you have to go to the bank

Malone122:
just take the one given to you by the bank

Can I get it from any branch of the bank where I have my account or would I have to go to the branch where I opened my bank account?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

Can I get it from any branch of the bank where I have my account or would I have to go to the branch where I opened my bank account?
any branch

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
anotherguyonNL:

I think you can get it from any branch
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2021
hurryup123:

THANKS AND GOD BLESS

DM me ASAP
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chyjoey(m): 7:13pm On Aug 14, 2021
I have got a Point of Entry question. Would I have a problem using Chicago as point of entry if my final destination was Boston? I would have a connecting flight in 2 hours.

Anyone with experience on this issue should please help out. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
Chyjoey:
I have got a Point of Entry question. Would I have a problem using Chicago as point of entry if my final destination was Boston? I would have a connecting flight in 2 hours.

Anyone with experience on this issue should please help out. Thanks in advance.

I don't think you will have any problem. Have no fear. You already have your connecting flight ticket to MA so that's fine.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by hongeorge(m): 8:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
Pls how can I make this Application fee for this Western Illinois University $30

Credit card not available

Advice please �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogunyomi007: 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Good day house.
I have been waiting for reply from the Lagos embassy for EA since 3weeks now and my school will resume 23rd of august. Any suggestions on what I can do ?.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toriah789: 8:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
Please who has any idea on how to pay school fees from here in Nigeria....
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2021
hongeorge:
Pls how can I make this Application fee for this Western Illinois University $30

Credit card not available

Advice please �

I understand lots of guys are having difficulties in paying app fee. It was waived when I was applying. However, I do not see this as an issue. Mail the international admissions office, I'm sure they would find a way out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 9:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
Toriah789:

I think you can use Form-A (if that still applies) so make enquiries at your current Nigerian bank. If you know someone in the US they can also make payment on your behalf. It's advised to not pay school fees until you get your visa unless your school requires deposit to issue your I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chigozieduru: 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
Enick:
A friend of mine wants to find out his chance of getting a study visa.

He was denied a visiting visa in 2017.

Reapplied again for visiting visa last year(Jan 2020) but the appointment was canceled due to covid and has never tried to secure an appointment again.

And he currently has a petition. His elder brother in the US submits an i-130 alien petition for him early this January 2021.

He intends to go for a master's program in any STEM course although he completed his Bachelor of Science program in Nigeria 10years ago.

This is definitely a big red flag. I'm not saying it's impossible to get a study visa but ehm your friend will have a lot of convincing to do to the VO.

Possible recommendation lies between withdrawing the I-130 petition and hopefully that doesn't count against him when he goes for F-1 visa interview or just wait till he finally get his I-130 petition approval which probably will take some years. If he really wants to study, he should also consider other countries with good STEM course.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Toriah789: 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
Anyone please? Quite urgent

Toriah789:

(1) (2) (3) ... (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.