Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638332 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbaba821: 5:52am On Sep 15, 2021
[quote author=SimonWales post=105827843]
Pls house I need your advice
Can I pay the visa fee in the bank before filling the DS 160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbaba821: 5:53am On Sep 15, 2021
Can I pay the visa fee in the bank before filling the DS 160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Samongo(m): 6:36am On Sep 15, 2021
Thanks, already applied still looking for more schools
habayomee:
Check Louisiana state University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 6:37am On Sep 15, 2021
Vahn:
you really lack emotional intelligence, some of you are just stupidly dumb and inexperienced, but you make things up in your head and spill out the nonsense. You can always keep quiet when you have nothing meaningful to say. Do you know all it takes to get to this point of getting interviewed? Do you know the amount of strength it takes for a person who got denied to talk about the denial Do you know how devastating being denied visa takes? If you have nothing meaningful to say just keep quiet! And move on!

Many of you are so uncouth! You just want to be noticed by all means!

Thank you so much for telling it to that “oshey” dude. They are just so many of them, rude and uncouth. I had wanted to tell the bagger my mind when I first read that post but decided he may reply ranting and swearing... possibly derail the thread.

Thanks again for giving it to the dude

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 6:44am On Sep 15, 2021
Morning great people , pls my sponsor want to sign my form I 20... Is it polite for him to put his title before his name ? Like .... Prof. AYC or he should simply put AYC
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 7:18am On Sep 15, 2021
Mickeybook:
Morning great people , pls my sponsor want to sign my form I 20... Is it polite for him to put his title before his name ? Like .... Prof. AYC or he should simply put AYC
Are you under 18?
Please correct me if I am wrong .i thought it was stated on the i-20 that PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST SIGN IF STUDENT IS UNDER 18 YEARS??
PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS .

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 7:23am On Sep 15, 2021
Shanid:

Are you under 18?
Please correct me if I am wrong .i thought it was stated on the i-20 that PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST SIGN IF STUDENT IS UNDER 18 YEARS??

I'm surprised too, though I'm yet to get to that stage.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 7:36am On Sep 15, 2021
Shanid:

Are you under 18?
What that simply means is that your parent /guardian can sign either way ... But it's compulsory they sign if you are under 18... That does not imply they can't sign for adults ... You have your space to sign and they have theirs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Mickeybook:
What that simply means is that your parent /guardian can sign either way ... But it's compulsory they sign if you are under 18... That does not imply they can't sign for adults ... You have your space to sign and they have theirs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Erudite77:

I'm surprised too, though I'm yet to get to that stage.
You can sign for your sponsor if he/she is not available and you are above 18 but you must look for them to sign for you if you are under 18 ...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 7:41am On Sep 15, 2021
Mickeybook:
okay , thank you so much for the clarification
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 7:48am On Sep 15, 2021
Mickeybook:
You can sign for your sponsor if he/she is not available and you are above 18 but you must look for them to sign for you if you are under 18 ...

Thank you for this useful information.

Be blessed.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jbaba821: 8:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Pls can I pay for my Visa fee in the bank before I fill for ds 160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 8:43am On Sep 15, 2021
yep
jbaba821:
Pls can I pay for my Visa fee in the bank before I fill for ds 160 form
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 10:39am On Sep 15, 2021
Kizito55:
Good Evening House, Please how one start an application for a student visa in U.S.A?
Use the CommonApp. Register and search for schools there. Its easy and recommended

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MiamiePizza(m): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2021
Upton:
Hey please I just want to ask and it may sound funny. Are there schools that offer considerable scholarship or funding opportunities to undergraduate students? Also, can someone help with list of schools with affordable tuition fees in the US. I've been trying to find some online but it seems undergraduate education is pretty expensive in the US
Try Colorado state university and University of Maine at fort Kent.
For CSU, you have the privilege to apply for financial aid once you've started your application and financial aid portal will be open from October (I think October 3 or so) and for UMFK, they have 98℅ acceptance rate, low tuition and you can apply for financial aid too only when you've been admitted. I recommend this two schools. Wish you the best on your search

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 11:59am On Sep 15, 2021
Ajaxa:
Please my sister has been to the US twice on visiting visa and returned. Now she just finished her waec and has good grades last year. She intends to study medicine at Bowen university but we also suggest trying F1 visa for her for schools offering medicine in united States, can anyone help with schools that offer medicine for undergraduate. What is her chance of securing the F1 visa. Please advice. She is just 17 years old now.

She’s in luck now cos they are about to start F1 visa waiver for people who have been to US and returned. So she might not even have to do an interview
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 12:00pm On Sep 15, 2021
Erudite77:
PLEASE ANYONE CONCERNED SHOULD REPLY.

I've been on this platform for nearly two months. Yet I can't see anyone applying for language courses, especially English.

I've gone through this part 16 from the beginning to 90, no applications for language courses at all.

I will be grateful if any applicants who applied for language courses can signify.

This is the second time I've asked this question.

It seems graduate schools are dominated by science and social sciences.

Same thing I observed on LinkedIn.

Thanks in anticipation.

Language asides English?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dayoaf: 12:02pm On Sep 15, 2021
uchennangene:
Do you mean the emergency appointment won’t work after Sep. 10 because you’re going for fall?

Or that Emergency appointment won’t be available for everyone one after September even those going for Spring 2022? Abeg clarify oooo���

Its just for him not everyone.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2021
Dayoaf:

Language asides English?

English (linguistics or literature)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2021
I am a Graduate of TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT and im looking forward to putting in for INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY in New Haven University, Connecticut....

Kindly give me scope to use unto relating these courses and what i may be expecting during interview...

i dey eye Spring abeg..

I need a reply as soon as possible and you can also text my whatsapp or reach me any way with +2348036645364

You too much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lilsmart(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2021
The world is a brutal place and if me being brutal means I lack emotional intelligence then you're not ready for the real world. If you're looking for sugar coated advice the whole time then you're still not ready for life. I made a speculation based on what he wrote and boom I'm a bagger because I wasn't all like "don't worry God will follow you next time, take heart yada yada" And we wonder why Nigeria is the way it is. We are different people and will give different advice on certain matters in different ways. I'll repeat it again "his attention seeking shifting might have been a factor" key word "might have". We are not so different to the ones saying you’re “uncouth rude blah blah blah we are all baggers Las Las so in your mind now they’ve given it to me? Lols I'm sure people here can't even give honest, blunt and brutal input because people like you will come out roaring like mad tigers.
owagbeba:

Thank you so much for telling it to that “oshey” dude. They are just so many of them, rude and uncouth. I had wanted to tell the bagger my mind when I first read that post but decided he may reply ranting and swearing... possibly derail the thread.

Thanks again for giving it to the dude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 4:50pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hi Everyone.

I applied to Wikes University for a bachelor in Civil Engineering. I have been admitted, my F-1 form was sent and recieved yesterday.

The whole process is being carried out by a very close personel who I trust.

I'm 23, what are my chances of my VISA being approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Erudite77: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2021
lilsmart:
The world is a brutal place and if me being brutal means I lack emotional intelligence then you're not ready for the real world. If you're looking for sugar coated advice the whole time then you're still not ready for life. I made a speculation based on what he wrote and boom I'm a bagger because I wasn't all like "don't worry God will follow you next time, take heart yada yada" And we wonder why Nigeria is the way it is. We are different people and will give different advice on certain matters in different ways. I'll repeat it again "his attention seeking shifting might have been a factor" key word "might have". We are not so different to the ones saying you’re “uncouth rude blah blah blah we are all baggers Las Las so in your mind now they’ve given it to me? Lols I'm sure people here can't even give honest, blunt and brutal input because people like you will come out roaring like mad tigers.

Peace!

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ajaxa: 7:28pm On Sep 15, 2021
Abeg. I no fit laugh. This grammar alone is enough to take to bed tonight. Make nna no burst our brain with grammar. Biko

Bro, far from being overemotional, your comment was one of the morale-quenching comments I've ever seen here!

It's expected from a pompous, belligerent, cynical, impolite, pretentious, bitchy, nasty, fussy, overemotional, cantankerous, conceited, arrogant, pharisaical, supercilious, petulant, abrasive, contemptuous, bigoted, grumpy, nihilistic, neurotic, sullen, vacillating, weak-willed, fawning, underhanded, irascible, repulsive, and repugnant character!!!

The guy's never your lil bro. He was then traumatised suffering from the shock he experienced at the embassy. He was mentally and psychologically down. He never needed anyone to add to his headache!

Instead of you to cheer him up, you dropped a missile used during Hitler's War in 1939-1945! It was unforgivably cringeworthy!

Your silence could have made sense instead of the verbal missiles you dropped!

Next time, just observe. No need to add to anyone's headache!

Peace![/quote]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hamilah: 7:45pm On Sep 15, 2021
Consular officers may now waive the visa interview requirement for F, M, and academic J visa applicants in some situations. This is a very rare positive step toward increasing the capacity of consulates in order to overcome the immigrant visa backlog. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-announcement-on-F-M-and-academic-J-Visas.html

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by habeeb246(m): 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Hamilah:
Consular officers may now waive the visa interview requirement for F, M, and academic J visa applicants in some situations. This is a very rare positive step toward increasing the capacity of consulates in order to overcome the immigrant visa backlog. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/important-announcement-on-F-M-and-academic-J-Visas.html
Nigeria is not part of the VWP countries.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Predstan: 8:06pm On Sep 15, 2021
Dayoaf:

She’s in luck now cos they are about to start F1 visa waiver for people who have been to US and returned. So she might not even have to do an interview

Can you direct me to an official announcement to this?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
habeeb246:

Has the list of eligible countries been announced? I think I read on the website now that it'll be out before the end of 2021.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oseniade(m): 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 10:40pm On Sep 15, 2021
habeeb246:
Pick the positive here , the good news is that they are considering an expansion for F1,J1 n the likes visas ... It's a big congratulations to those going for interview from Nov because vo will be less strict

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shanid(m): 11:11pm On Sep 15, 2021
Mickeybook:
Pick the positive here , the good news is that they are considering an expansion for F1,J1 n the likes visas ... It's a big congratulations to those going for interview from Nov because vo will be less strict
well, I hope so �

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.