Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,985 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (509) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634560 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xavious227: 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
Mickeybook:
Wow, Congratulations Man , more wins. were you asked of your marital status, what did you put in the space for reasons for your previous denialwhile filling ds160, I hope putting "214 refusal" is just ok and finally Which hotel did you lodge and how much ... Thanks in anticipation
I put “no specific reason given as i was given a generic denial letter” Keep it as short and simple, they know why they rejected a person no need for long story. And i honestly don’t know what “214 refusal means”
I stayed at Bolton white, it’s a little pricey (50k) a night but there are less expensive rooms of 30k. It’s less than 15mins to the Embassy

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xavious227: 11:45pm On Sep 30, 2021
kaey10:

congrats man......I'm also going for my master in biological sciences too, spring. I will want your idea on connecting what I do with the course I'm going for
What course did you do in your undergrad?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 11:52pm On Sep 30, 2021
de3lar:

I finished secondary school since 2012, did some computer training for 2 years, after that, did OND at Polytechnic Ibadan, did my IT at pman's company, I've now been working there after my IT for almost 4 years now.

I'm 23 BTW.

Thanks sir.
My oga... this transition no dey smooth. Secondary -> 2yrs computer training -> 2yrs polytechnic->5yrs Pman company.

VO fit no gree with this kind transition. See whether you go fit smoothen the package with “full funding” so as to avoid scrutiny for sponsor side.

VO fit to dey reason say this guy talk say na him papa want pay $40,000 for him school for yankee but him papa no arrange him pikin go better school for here.

VO go want know which kind company your papa get. Him go type the name for system to know if na big firm

Make Sure the course wey you wan study make sense wella !

I

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kes4glory(m): 1:16am On Oct 01, 2021
Good morning guys, i work with Guaranty trust bank as an executive trainee going to 2 years, considering the stagnant nature of the banking sector I have intended to apply to American schools, but all I have with me is just 2 million naira. Someone should guide me on what to do.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babsrobotics: 1:27am On Oct 01, 2021
Please add me to the WhatsApp group.

My number is 08059771673
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nwannediutor: 1:59am On Oct 01, 2021
kes4glory:
Good morning guys, i work with Guaranty trust bank as an executive trainee going to 2 years, considering the stagnant nature of the banking sector I have intended to apply to American schools, but all I have with me is just 2 million naira. Someone should guide me on what to do.

N2,000,000 is less than 4,000 dollars which is the average tuition fee for a semester in USA. YOu will need to get some sort of funding like a graduate assistantship. What's your CGPA and course of study.

Writing the GRE exam can increase your chances of getting funding too.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kes4glory(m): 2:26am On Oct 01, 2021
Nwannediutor:

N2,000,000 is less than 4,000 dollars which is the average tuition fee for a semester in USA. YOu will need to get some sort of funding like a graduate assistantship. What's your CGPA and course of study.

Writing the GRE exam can increase your chances of getting funding too.

3.89/5.0 Microbiology.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by cosxzbay: 3:39am On Oct 01, 2021
SPIA is waiving the application fee for anyone applying to their MA and PhD programs. Applicants can use the code SPIA_2022 when they apply. Refer potential students to visit the virtual info sessions page:
https://spia.vt.edu/content/spia_vt_edu/en/newsevents/events/virtualinfosessions.html

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mickeybook(f): 5:57am On Oct 01, 2021
Xavious227:

I put “no specific reason given as i was given a generic denial letter” Keep it as short and simple, they know why they rejected a person no need for long story. And i honestly don’t know what “214 refusal means”
I stayed at Bolton white, it’s a little pricey (50k) a night but there are less expensive rooms of 30k. It’s less than 15mins to the Embassy
Thanks Man ,I appreciate your response...
214b refusal means ....I was refused under section 214b

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kaey10(m): 6:32am On Oct 01, 2021
Xavious227:

What course did you do in your undergrad?
Biological Sciences
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:02am On Oct 01, 2021
Congratulations Xavious227. Your transcript is well detailed. May God bless your journey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xavious227: 8:02am On Oct 01, 2021
kaey10:

Biological Sciences
Then there is no need connecting
You are going for the same course again in your graduate program. I’m talking of those that are doing courses that aren’t generally the same
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Augustinecu: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2021
Hi everyone,

Is COVID-19 vaccination required of all students before travelling to the US? Or, is it just COVID-19 testing that is required?

Please I need inputs urgently.

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by de3lar(m): 8:57am On Oct 01, 2021
owagbeba:

My oga... this transition no dey smooth. Secondary -> 2yrs computer training -> 2yrs polytechnic->5yrs Pman company.

VO fit no gree with this kind transition. See whether you go fit smoothen the package with “full funding” so as to avoid scrutiny for sponsor side.

VO fit to dey reason say this guy talk say na him papa want pay $40,000 for him school for yankee but him papa no arrange him pikin go better school for here.

VO go want know which kind company your papa get. Him go type the name for system to know if na big firm

Make Sure the course wey you wan study make sense wella !

I

Lobatan, Chai.

So my chances like this is very slim?

There's a $10,000 funding on the admission too.

It's not enough ba?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sinataylor(f): 9:05am On Oct 01, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by owagbeba: 9:16am On Oct 01, 2021
de3lar:

Lobatan, Chai.

So my chances like this is very slim?

There's a $10,000 funding on the admission too.

It's not enough ba?

Noooo! Chance dey. The visa na try your luck. With BABA on your side you fit get am.

Outside the factors wey we no fit control, make we try package well those factors we get control over.

I just dey highlight the factors wey VO fit pick on. You see that transition from secondary to poly, you need package am well; because na the first question wey she go throw you: “what have you been doing?” If you no answer well.... lobatan!

If better funding dey, VO no go too look sponsor side.

Normally These factors “dey help” visa issuance:
Previous travel to yankee
Previous travel to EU & North America
First degree - masters correlation
First degree - current job correlation
Full funding
Current employer ( popular the better)
Secured employment after graduation
Iyawo & pikin (masters)

But then ... take your time, package am well, no rush am. Try reason the matter the way oyibo go reason am. Remember them sabi say hungry dey country, everybody wan japa.

No vex say I dey write for pidgin, those oyibo for embassy dey follow read this thread.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Xavious227: 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2021
Helkayklassic:
Congratulations Xavious227. Your transcript is well detailed. May God bless your journey.

Amen and thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kemisola23: 2:02pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hello guy, I am new here. please i need your help on how to find school in united state, plus scholarship and English test, please I need help everything is blank and difficult
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
Good day guys, please what should I fill on the space for Passport Book Number on DS160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IntrovertGuy: 3:50pm On Oct 01, 2021
Kemisola23:
Hello guy, I am new here. please i need your help on how to find school in the united States, plus scholarship and English test, please I need help everything is blank and difficult

Start by using Google.

Type the keywords you wrote here on Google.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
kimewills:
Please is it possible for someone with B.A Education to get funding as maybe a research/teaching assistant for MSc. The person studied English language but has over 5yrs work experience as a contract staff in a bank. We are currently researching schools but just wanted to know if anyone here with this sort of background has successfully gotten funding before. Also if anyone can point us in the right direction as to schools. We will really appreciate your suggestions and inputs. Thank you

I have same background too, though I have Masters now. I got funding from Texas Tech University for a PhD program. Check Texas Tech University, Bowling Green State University, Ohio University. There are lots of Universities in US that fund Educational courses. However, I will advice you take GRE if you have not, so that it will be easier for you to get funding.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 4:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
ObodoNaija:
Good day guys, please what should I fill on the space for Passport Book Number on DS160?
Leave it blank.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
Xavious227:

VISA APPROVED GUYS! Spring 2022
COA-28k
Scholarship-4k
Deficit- Covered by my Father
Date: 30th September 2021
Time of appointment:8:30

Not my first time going to the US Embassy( but was denied B1/B2 in 2018). This forum has been instrumental to my practice and information, so I had to just post mine for others to see.

Got there by like 7:45, entered by like 9, but had to wait for like 2hrs 30mins extra cause i chose Lagos on my DS-160, but got appointment in Abuja (there was no space in Lagos). I was interviewed by a white man. Omo The guy really drilled me, but to the glory of God, i was well prepared and the holy spirit helped me to be eloquent.

VO: Good morning, pass me your documents.
ME: Good morning, How are you doing today?
VO: Alright
VO: Have you been to USA before?
ME: Yes, a number times actually, I’ve been there about three times.
VO: When last did you travel and why did you travel
ME: 2016, Went with my family, It’s just for Holidays and a time for us to bond
VO: What’s your highest degree?
Me: I have a bachelors degree in anatomy
VO: Where did you graduate
ME: Babcock Uni
VO: I can see you are going to St. cloud state University
ME: Yes, that's right
VO: For masters in biological sciences, but you did anatomy, So why this course?
ME: Well biological sciences is a broad multidisciplinary course made up of different specialized field, and anatomy is just another aspect of this field. So me doing anatomy in my undergraduate gave me the foundation to succeed in this program. I’ll be specializing in neuroinformatics; as i’m interested in drug design & development against neurodegenerative diseases (The night before when i was rehearsing prior to this, something told me to learn how to link my undergraduate degree to what i’m going for and then what i plan to do with it. And that was the first major question asked)
VO: Okay (Shakes head in affirmation, that’s good)
VO: How did you get to know about this school?
ME: I go to know about it from a lecturer of mine, He collaborated and has worked with another professor at that school (state the professors name). So when i decided i wanted to get a masters degree in USA, I checked out the school and luckily for me they had a program that aligned with my career goals. So i applied.
VO: So, What will you be doing after your study?
ME: I plan to apply and work at a top biotech/pharmaceutical company here in nigeria such as GSK, Roche, Emzor, where i’ll be trying to improve in drug design and development against neurodegenerative diseases such as alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis parkinson’s. Also, I plan to work with NGOs and ministry of health to create awareness and improve treatment strategies/plan against these neurodegenerative diseases for the elderlys, that would be my quota for national development. And in the long run i’ll like to start up my biotech company which would be focused in neuroscience.
VO: typing for a long time* wow that’s really excellent. So what do you do?
ME: I’m a youth corper, currently finishing up my service. I serve in Enugu (stated where i serve), just flew in to Abj yesterday actually
VO: I can see you got a scholarship?
ME: Well yes, (tried to hand him the certificate for scholarship, *stops me* no no just tell me what’s it for) Ohh, it was given because i reached the academic standard and for cultural exchange as i’ll be adding diversity to the school, i didn’t apply for it tho.
VO:Alright, *Points at the other name on the i-20* Who is this?
ME: Ohh that’s my father, he will be the one funding the rest of my expenses
VO: And what does he do?
ME: He owns business that deal in importation, local production and distribution of clothing fabrics to private & government organizations. So he works with govt official such as army, police
VO: *Interjects* Do you have any relatives or family member in the united states?
Me: No, i do not.
VO: Do you have friends in Minnesota?
Me: No, I don’t
VO: *types for longggggggg* well everything looks really good, I’ll be granting you your visa. *Hands me the white paper*

Starts talking about Covid-19, asks me if i have been vaccinated ( which i have been ). And keeps talking about taking direct flights and blah blah blah.........

I’ve seen a number of people that got easier/simpler questions; this was my prayer. Unfortunately i didn’t . I studied/rehearsed thoroughly. And God granted me the grace to find favor in the eyes of the consular officer and answer the questions audibly and without issues.

It was just God, that's all I can say!

Whatever way you are feeling about a question when you are preparing, do not ignore that feeling, cause if i had ignored that feeling and just prayed that God should not allow the question to be asked. I’ll be hooked!!!
It’s better u are prepared and the question isn’t asked than you are asked and u are unprepared.

Prepare like there is no God and pray like you did not prepare at all!

Thank you all very much for all the help, this platform really helped me.

Congratulations man
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2021
Duisburg:

Leave it blank.

Okay, thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
ObodoNaija:

Okay, thanks
You welcome. You got fully funded from Texas Tech?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kimewills(f): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
ObodoNaija:

I have same background too, though I have Masters now. I got funding from Texas Tech University for a PhD program. Check Texas Tech University, Bowling Green State University, Ohio University. There are lots of Universities in US that fund Educational courses. However, I will advice you take GRE if you have not, so that it will be easier for you to get funding.

Thank you so much..I really appreciate this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by karenzoall: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2021
Many students who want to study abroad are faced with the problem of visa interviews and how they can pass the interview. Since you're here, you have to worry about it. Check over here, I found out how much it would cost me to support myself in America and what salary I need to have to defend myself. It was not so cheap. I think I can cope. Now, I hope to get a visa and go to America and study as a student. This is one of my dreams, and I hope to carry it to the end. How do you guys think it's hard to live in America or not?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2021
Duisburg:

You welcome. You got fully funded from Texas Tech?

Yes

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Alexanderfrost: 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2021
Status: Visa Approved. Lagos on Tuesday, 28th of September.

Please find below the transcript I prepared Tuesday Night.

So this might be a tardy long read but please allow me to let out how this whole journey started.

First thought about traveling out for Master's in 2017. I actually applied to two universities. Yeshiva University, Newyork where I got a 5k scholarship. I applied to University of Maryland, and surprisingly I was also admitted. So two offers and I really didn't know what to do with it. 2017 was a very dark year and I was really going through it. Mentally drained and emotionally wrecked (not heartbreak). It's only the love of the few who actually cared that kept me going. Ended up not taking the offers. I resumed working and pushed career forward.

In the same 2017, I literally read the *General Student Visa* thread on Nairaland from part 1 to the the latest as at that time. I was consuming information I probably didn't have an urgent need for but they ended up been useful, one way or the other. As of today, I doubt there's any thread created for USA student visa on Nairaland I haven't consumed. Information is power, innit?

Applied to WIU last December. Of course, application fee was waived and the process was near seamless. I got admitted April but somehow, couldn't sort out Financial Statement up until late June. By the time i-20 came and I applied for Visa, the earliest date I got was Sept 28. I applied for expedite date and it was rejected late July. Days before then, I'd give up on going by fall and requested that WIU send me an offer letter and i-20 for spring. Two days after, they did!

While waiting for today's interview, I spent the days leading to today researching, attending virtual sessions and applying to other school's spring and fall '22 program. Person gats get plan B, right?

So today I went for the interview.

Alloted Interview Time: 10:30am

Got to the Embassy: 6:15am

Interviewed around 8am.

Five VO's were on seat. One caucasian guy, one slim black guy, one black woman and two caucasian women.

I was interviewed by the slim black guy. By the time the other guy was done with three candidates, black slim guy was still drilling the man in front of him. By the time it got to my turn, man beckoned on me to come.

VO: Good Morning

ME: Good Morning

VO: How're you today?

ME: I'm very well, thank you.

VO: First time going to the states?

ME: Yes please

VO: What's your undergraduate background?

ME: Economics

VO: Picks up my i-20 and asked me bluntly, Is this the original copy of your i-20 or what?
I said it's the original I printed. Man became visibly angry, picks the i-20 and brandish it in my face, across the divider and asked, 'Does this look like an original to you?'

In my mind, I was like so nah because of i-20 them go deny me visa? Thing is, I'd printed it myself using the office printer and it's in plain black and white. I honestly didn't know if he wanted it in colour or what his issues were, lol. So I asked him, do you want me to go and print it in colours and bring it to you?

He waived it aside and then continued.

VO: Who's your sponsor?

ME: I have a merit based scholarship and my uncle will be covering the balance.

VO: stares at me, so I continued

ME: He owns an Agribusiness and exports major cash crops like Cocoa, Cashew, etc.

VO: What's his monthly income?

ME: 5-10 Million.

He said why am I giving him an estimated amount. I said Shey he knows cash crops are seasonal and income flow can't be fixed for all months. At the end, I told him 10 millions.

VO: How many employee does he have.

ME: Over 100.

VO: I don't want estimates. You keep giving me estimates, he raged in his somewhat East African Americanised accent.

ME: I told him 108. Cause he be like say this guy really wants 'facts and figures'.

VO: How many tractors does he have?

ME: 2

VO: How many hectares of land does he farm?

ME: 25

VO: Do you have his statement here.

I passed it to him and he spent like two, three minutes on it. Checking pages, after pages. When he's done, he asked me why I didn't print earlier months. At this point, I was getting 'angry' too and I told him what he's holding starts from February and ends August. That's 7 months. He said okay.

So in all these, I wasn't certain which direction the interview was going. I felt like he's taken the questions from the rear and was hoping he'd ask me questions I could possibly express my self well.

I just hoped 'Jesus takes the Wheel' and I can shine soon after.

Then he asked me.

VO: Okay, so what's Econometrics.

It's at this point I knew my prayer was answered.

ME: I spoke to the truth of Econometrics and I added Quantitative Economics to it. I finished my bullets here.

He nodded. I told myself, 'now we're in play'!

VO: So what will this degree do for you?

ME: In the short term, when I return to Nigeria, I'll be taking up the role of portfolio manager where I work presently. In the medium term, I'd love to work with CBN and this degree will make that goal achievable. In the long term, I'd love to set up my own consulting firm. The Industry knowledge I've gathered all these years, couple with this degree will make it attainable.

He was staring at me here. So I removed my glasses, folded it, dropped it and looked him eyes to eyes. Then I was spitting.

He then asked how long I'll be staying in the state and told him January 13, 2021 to Dec 15, 2023.

He then brought out white paper and started writing on it.

Then slid my passport back to me. I didn't even know what's going on.

Then he said something about me still having to send the original i-20 to him. I said I'll send today. He said I can chill till when they'll call me.

So bottomline, he said they're not issuing spring visa for now because spring is still far away . They'll call me when my visa is ready and I'll take my passport to DHL. I'm not returning to the consulate.

He gave me my passport, gave me the white paper and I left smiling like a fresh lamp.

For all the years I've been readying myself, reading transcripts and preparing myself for today, nothing I've read was ENOUGH to see me through what I went though today. He's angry with me. And then he still gave me the visa.

Isn't that God's Grace?

I sincerely wish those who're on this journey or about to start the very best.

Love and Light.

49 Likes 8 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Duisburg: 8:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
ObodoNaija:

Yes
Sorry, may I know your profile?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AllureI: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2021
Wow! That was intense... Congratulations on your Visa approval. More wins ahead.
Alexanderfrost:
Status: Visa Approved. Lagos on Tuesday, 28th of September.

Please find below the transcript I prepared Tuesday Night.

So this might be a tardy long read but please allow me to let out how this whole journey started.

First thought about traveling out for Master's in 2017. I actually applied to two universities. Yeshiva University, Newyork where I got a 5k scholarship. I applied to University of Maryland, and surprisingly I was also admitted. So two offers and I really didn't know what to do with it. 2017 was a very dark year and I was really going through it. Mentally drained and emotionally wrecked (not heartbreak). It's only the love of the few who actually cared that kept me going. Ended up not taking the offers. I resumed working and pushed career forward.

In the same 2017, I literally read the *General Student Visa* thread on Nairaland from part 1 to the the latest as at that time. I was consuming information I probably didn't have an urgent need for but they ended up been useful, one way or the other. As of today, I doubt there's any thread created for USA student visa on Nairaland I haven't consumed. Information is power, innit?

Applied to WIU last December. Of course, application fee was waived and the process was near seamless. I got admitted April but somehow, couldn't sort out Financial Statement up until late June. By the time i-20 came and I applied for Visa, the earliest date I got was Sept 28. I applied for expedite date and it was rejected late July. Days before then, I'd give up on going by fall and requested that WIU send me an offer letter and i-20 for spring. Two days after, they did!

While waiting for today's interview, I spent the days leading to today researching, attending virtual sessions and applying to other school's spring and fall '22 program. Person gats get plan B, right?

So today I went for the interview.

Alloted Interview Time: 10:30am

Got to the Embassy: 6:15am

Interviewed around 8am.

Five VO's were on seat. One caucasian guy, one slim black guy, one black woman and two caucasian women.

I was interviewed by the slim black guy. By the time the other guy was done with three candidates, black slim guy was still drilling the man in front of him. By the time it got to my turn, man beckoned on me to come.

VO: Good Morning

ME: Good Morning

VO: How're you today?

ME: I'm very well, thank you.

VO: First time going to the states?

ME: Yes please

VO: What's your undergraduate background?

ME: Economics

VO: Picks up my i-20 and asked me bluntly, Is this the original copy of your i-20 or what?
I said it's the original I printed. Man became visibly angry, picks the i-20 and brandish it in my face, across the divider and asked, 'Does this look like an original to you?'

In my mind, I was like so nah because of i-20 them go deny me visa? Thing is, I'd printed it myself using the office printer and it's in plain black and white. I honestly didn't know if he wanted it in colour or what his issues were, lol. So I asked him, do you want me to go and print it in colours and bring it to you?

He waived it aside and then continued.

VO: Who's your sponsor?

ME: I have a merit based scholarship and my uncle will be covering the balance.

VO: stares at me, so I continued

ME: He owns an Agribusiness and exports major cash crops like Cocoa, Cashew, etc.

VO: What's his monthly income?

ME: 5-10 Million.

He said why am I giving him an estimated amount. I said Shey he knows cash crops are seasonal and income flow can't be fixed for all months. At the end, I told him 10 millions.

VO: How many employee does he have.

ME: Over 100.

VO: I don't want estimates. You keep giving me estimates, he raged in his somewhat East African Americanised accent.

ME: I told him 108. Cause he be like say this guy really wants 'facts and figures'.

VO: How many tractors does he have?

ME: 2

VO: How many hectares of land does he farm?

ME: 25

VO: Do you have his statement here.

I passed it to him and he spent like two, three minutes on it. Checking pages, after pages. When he's done, he asked me why I didn't print earlier months. At this point, I was getting 'angry' too and I told him what he's holding starts from February and ends August. That's 7 months. He said okay.

So in all these, I wasn't certain which direction the interview was going. I felt like he's taken the questions from the rear and was hoping he'd ask me questions I could possibly express my self well.

I just hoped 'Jesus takes the Wheel' and I can shine soon after.

Then he asked me.

VO: Okay, so what's Econometrics.

It's at this point I knew my prayer was answered.

ME: I spoke to the truth of Econometrics and I added Quantitative Economics to it. I finished my bullets here.

He nodded. I told myself, 'now we're in play'!

VO: So what will this degree do for you?

ME: In the short term, when I return to Nigeria, I'll be taking up the role of portfolio manager where I work presently. In the medium term, I'd love to work with CBN and this degree will make that goal achievable. In the long term, I'd love to set up my own consulting firm. The Industry knowledge I've gathered all these years, couple with this degree will make it attainable.

He was staring at me here. So I removed my glasses, folded it, dropped it and looked him eyes to eyes. Then I was spitting.

He then asked how long I'll be staying in the state and told him January 13, 2021 to Dec 15, 2023.

He then brought out white paper and started writing on it.

Then slid my passport back to me. I didn't even know what's going on.

Then he said something about me still having to send the original i-20 to him. I said I'll send today. He said I can chill till when they'll call me.

So bottomline, he said they're not issuing spring visa for now because spring is still far away . They'll call me when my visa is ready and I'll take my passport to DHL. I'm not returning to the consulate.

He gave me my passport, gave me the white paper and I left smiling like a fresh lamp.

For all the years I've been readying myself, reading transcripts and preparing myself for today, nothing I've read was ENOUGH to see me through what I went though today. He's angry with me. And then he still gave me the visa.

Isn't that God's Grace?

I sincerely wish those who're on this journey or about to start the very best.

Love and Light.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UncleAyo: 9:53pm On Oct 01, 2021
Please, house, will I be able to update a new ds-160 after booking an appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.