Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (610) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637982 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2021
Presto12:
Abuja is giving Emergency dates now. I submitted my documents for EA on Saturday and it was granted today. I eventually got an appointment date for 16th of December 2021 after rescheduling.

Hint: type a detailed message while applying for EA. You can as well put your SEVIS ID, resumption date etc. Your message shouldn't be scanty. Give it a try! Good luck to us all!

Thanks for this update. However, I need some clarifications.
You applied for EA was it through your portal or via the email?
If through your portal is your start date for class presently within the next 60days?
When is your class starting?

Thanks as you reply

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
dfutbolar:

Thanks for this update. However, I need some clarifications.
You applied for EA was it through your portal or via the email?
If through your portal is your start date for class presently within the next 60days?
When is your class starting?

Thanks as you reply

Through my cgi portal. Classes start on Jan 12th
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 6:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
I have been trying to create my CGI account but till now, I keep getting the prompt that it cannot be processed at this time & the administrator has been contacted. Any one experiencing same issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Goz22: 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Presto we’re you denied visa in the past 6 months? Before you got EA
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2021
With Wes Gpa - 3.73 and GRE - 304 (My work schedule didn’t allow me to study). Can I get a good school and a good scholarship in U.S?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 6:45pm On Nov 29, 2021
Goz22:
Presto we’re you denied visa in the past 6 months? Before you got EA
no sir
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Presto12: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
[quote author=urchdiya post=108065832]I have been trying to create my CGI account but till now, I keep getting the prompt that it cannot be processed at this time & the administrator has been contacted. Any one experiencing same issue? send a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com and request them to rectify the issue. You would be sent details to be used to log-in.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JonSnow23: 6:58pm On Nov 29, 2021
Sirchukky2017:
please where did you do your interview. was it Lagos or abuja

Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by temibanks(m): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2021
Did y'all sign your i-20? Is it compulsory? Mine isn't even signed by the school.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
urchdiya:
I have been trying to create my CGI account but till now, I keep getting the prompt that it cannot be processed at this time & the administrator has been contacted. Any one experiencing same issue?

Had similar experience last week but I have been able to gain access
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2021
urchdiya:

Try and email them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Yhasf: 7:52pm On Nov 29, 2021
Depending on the course;PhD programs are well funded than Master's;Also try to write to some profs in your dept of interest, although not compulsory but it goes a long way in getting an admission with tuition waiver.

Bond4141:
With Wes Gpa - 3.73 and GRE - 304 (My work schedule didn’t allow me to study). Can I get a good school and a good scholarship in U.S?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Shalom152: 8:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Good evening all please what of Surge for Abuja? Any development yet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by barbieburl: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2021
temibanks:
Did y'all sign your i-20? Is it compulsory? Mine isn't even signed by the school.

Ask that it should be signed. If it doesn't affect you during interview, Port of entry may catch it.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bond4141(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2021
Yhasf:
Depending on the course;PhD programs are well funded than Master's;Also try to write to some profs in your dept of interest, although not compulsory but it goes a long way in getting an admission with tuition waiver.

MS.c Accounting. Non thesis course.

Do I really need to write a prof in the department to get scholarship? I have gotten one admission with little funding though, I’m still thinking of applying to better schools and aiming for better tuition waiver or scholarship but I don’t know how to go about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sirchukky2017: 9:11pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please can you share your interview transcript here or please email me on chichu2017@gmail.com. My interview is on the 8th and I need all the assistance I can get
JonSnow23:

Lagos
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by floyo001: 9:14pm On Nov 29, 2021
Hi Guys,
I've applied for EA via both email (lagos) and CGI since 24th of November but I haven't gotten a response apart from the acknowledgement email I recieved on the same day.

Pls is this normal?
Is anyone in the house still expecting the embassy's response since the 24th?

Just want to know if I should send another email with same attachments

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer0(m): 9:23pm On Nov 29, 2021
I am not an expert but don't you think having a friend as a guarantor for your hubby is a red flag? I think this would had ended up successfully if your hubby provided much more deficit in his own SOA.

I wish you guys all the best in the next interview btw
housegirl:
Hello, this case is similar to mine.

I am on an F1 visa doing a phD in the US and my husband applied for F2 but was denied on the 24th of November,2021.

Reason they gave is 214b and the only question asked is how he intends to make money to support me if he is gone from his business for 3months(he indicated on the DS160 that he is returning March 2022)

We have tried to correct that on the form to reflect his duration to tally with my duration of study since it is F2 but we also indicated in the reason for denial in the new DS160 that he would be returning at intervals to oversee his business while his team members run it while he is away.

He is into tech startups and has a side job.
He is resigning this December to focus on his business though.

We also indicated all the businesses he runs in the new DS-160 and also that I have a fully funded assistantship which covers my tuition,health insurance and monthly stipend so he wouldn't need to support me.

This is because he said the VO also mentioned that he is sponsoring me because he provided the deficit which shows on the I-20.

He only provided a small deficit of 3k dollars about 1.5million and my friend who is a US Permanent resident was a guarantor for the amount required for F2.

He has been to the US twice of B1/B2 and spent a week and a month respectively on both trip and returned home.

I really need help as we are already applying again and I want him to join me this Christmas. I left August 2021 and during my interview when asked if he would be coming,I said that our plan is that he visits and I also visit during Summer breaks.

Was this wrong?

Our marriage is just 2years 8months and we have no child yet.

How else does he show home ties(we mentioned businesses and included his full time job on the form too)

Is it really a red flag since his name is on the I-20 as a sponsor even though it's a small deficit and I am fully funded.
How do we correct this? Do I tell my school to remove his name on the I-20?

I'm sorry for the long post,just trying to get a date asap for December.
I have gotten a lease approved for our apartment here and I can't cancel it.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by larkson(m): 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2021
VISA DENIED - Abuja 9am 02 Aug 2021

Gurus in the house, I really need your advice and help here.

Course of Study: MBA
School: Suffolk University
Fee: 71k
Funding: 23k Fellowship
Balance: 40kplus
First Resumption / Class Start Date: Sept 07
Next Resumption/ Jan 18 2022

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning Sir
VO: Fine thank you. Is this your first time of applying for a US VISA?
Me: Yes
VO: What is your program of study?
ME: Master of Business Administration. It's a dual concentration with specialization in general mgt and business analytics
VO: Have you ever travelled out of the country before?
Me: Yes, I went to South Africa in 2014.
VO: What was the purpose of your visit. Vacation?
Me: No, It was an official trip. I was recognized by my former company (Bleep bank) for mitigating fraud and went for an award and recognition ceremony
VO: Fraud, Nice - So what is your current role where you presently work?
ME: I am the Head of Customer Experience
VO: Nice: Customer Experience. So who is sponsoring your education?
Me: My Father
VO: What does he do?
ME: He is a real estate investor. Also, work as a contractor on the ongoing Dangote refinery project and owns properties currently on rental income from banks.
VO: So, what city is Suffolk University?
ME: Boston in boston massachusetts.
VO: What year did you say to travelled out of the country again? He was typing fast and guess looking at my form
ME: In the year 2014.
V0: Brought out the green form. I was really surprised because the interview was quite smooth.

Observations:

On my DS 160, where it was asked if i had travelled before in the last 5years, I said No. During the interview, the VO asked if i have travelled before - He did not mention 5yrs, so i said YES. This question was repeated twice and my response what yes. Travelled to SA and the rest of the story. I think maybe he felt i was lying. Could this be the reason?

I have re-applied and next interview is 08 Dec 2021.

On the D-160, I still maintained "NO" as my response and stated that the VO did not clearly explain the reasons for my first rejection.

What would you suggest I do differently next week to boost my chances. I am praying to God for a divine encounter. Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

My Background:
Age - 36yrs
work experience : 10yrs
Current role: Head, Customer experience
Marital status: Married
Bsc: Business Admin
Grad: 2.1
year of grad: 2009

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer0(m): 10:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
Things might had come out different for you had it been that you were self sponsoring yourself, i think. Pls remember you are married and 36 yrs old also. I don't know may be i make any sense. Btw, are you going to US alone or with your family?
larkson:

ME: Master of Business Administration. It's a dual concentration with specialization in general mgt and business analytics
Me: No, It was an official trip. I was recognized by my former company (Bleep bank) for mitigating fraud and went for an award and recognition ceremony
ME: He is a real estate investor. Also, work as a contractor on the ongoing Dangote refinery project and owns properties currently on rental income from banks.
VO: What year did you say to travelled out of the country again? He was typing fast and guess looking at my form
V0: Brought out the green form. I was really surprised because the interview was quite smooth.

Observations:

On my DS 160, where it was asked if i had travelled before in the last 5years, I said No. During the interview, the VO asked if i have travelled before - He did not mention 5yrs, so i said YES. This question was repeated twice and my response what yes. Travelled to SA and the rest of the story. I think maybe he felt i was lying. Could this be the reason?

On the D-160, I still maintained "NO" as my response and stated that the VO did not clearly explain the reasons for my first rejection.

What would you suggest I do differently next week to boost my chances. I am praying to God for a divine encounter. Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.

My Background:
Age - 36yrs

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbadenor(m): 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2021
Is there availabile date in Lagos, please.

I was denied and I want to reapply again
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sirchukky2017: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2021
Please after your first visa denial how long did it take for you to apply for a new date and got the new date of December 8th
larkson:

Observations:

Thank you.

My Background:
Age - 36yrs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KHAshishi: 11:04pm On Nov 29, 2021
Can a friend in the US use her credit card to help book for my flight from Nigeria? She said the last time.she tried doing that on delta airline . Her dad was required to provide the credit card at the airport before boarding . Does this apply to other airlines ; American airline , Egypt air Urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 11:29pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bond4141:

Lol, I'm exactly like you. WES cgpa:3.74; GRE:304; my work schedule didn't allow me to study well too. I'm a consultant.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 11:51pm On Nov 29, 2021
Bond4141:

Your cgpa should be between 4.55-4.58
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gokoyer0(m): 12:21am On Nov 30, 2021
What is good school by your standard btw? 3.73 GPA in Naija is around 3.3/4.0 in USA. Thats not a bad grade.
Are you going for MSc or Phd?
Did you have any research papers?
Are you presently working in a field that is closely related to your degree?
Why cant you look for school that are waiving GRE for your prospective course of study?

Oga, go and work on your SOP and CV and go after what you desire passionately. There is no crime in trying.

Edited: i didn't notice that your GPA is already being evaluated by WES. Your GCPA is very good. I wish you all the best.
Bond4141:

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 12:31am On Nov 30, 2021
Gokoyer0:
What is good school by your standard btw? 3.73 GPA in Naija is around 3.3/4.0 in USA. Thats not a bad grade.
Are you going for MSc or Phd?
Did you have any research papers?
Are you presently working in a field that is closely related to your degree?
Why cant you look for school that are waiving GRE for your prospective course of study?

Oga, go and work on your SOP and CV and go after what you desire passionately. There is no crime in trying.

3.73 is the WES evaluated one. So he must have made a first class in Naija cgpa
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Farukayode(m): 12:41am On Nov 30, 2021
Hi i applied for emergency appointment on the site, got denied and applied via the email, was given a date. Hope this doesn't affect anything?[color=#770077][/color]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JonSnow23: 1:45am On Nov 30, 2021
dydx2020:

Congratulations Brother, I need ur advice. I studied Public Administration and going for MBA . how do I convince VO about my career / course change.

I work with as Operations Executive in a Sea Port
Please, respond

What will the MBA do for you in your currently place of work ? Example, it’s needed for an head of operations role as your organisation is expanding its operations to another African country or state.

Why the career change? You need to look for something short and concise that will make sense and be eloquent about it.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mcafeez: 1:51am On Nov 30, 2021
Please.... If you have been to US Consular in Abuja before... Kindly recommend affordable nearby hotels..
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 2:52am On Nov 30, 2021
larkson:

Observations:

Thank you.

My Background:
Age - 36yrs

The reason for refusal was not your travel experience. I think the VO was looking at your profile...years in the job, and why you are just going for the Master's. I know the angle I am looking at your case may look weird to you, but as "Head" of that position, 10 years in the job, you are mostly at the steep of your career--in that position. Why now? MBA is a degree people get to get to that steep you are currently occupying.

Secondly, you are 36 and your Dad is the sponsor. As "Head" in your current position, the VO probably thought you should have your own money too. That is why I always tell applicants from here that if you have personal funds and you have a sponsor at the same time, state who is sponsoring you and ship in: " I have also saved about $10, 000 over the years and I will use this toward my living expenses."

I was not at the interview with you, but I am not convinced you utilize the time you had to give detailed answer to the VO questions. I would be expecting more answers to his questions. You can reapply, but craft strong answers to the potential questions you'd be asked.

All the best!

11 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by fairheart(m): 2:54am On Nov 30, 2021
Primemark, located about 5 minutes from the embassy.. Google Pridemark Hotel. Tell them Mr. Emmanuel recommends their hotel and you will be given discount. All the best!
mcafeez:
Please.... If you have been to US Consular in Abuja before... Kindly recommend affordable nearby hotels..
Thanks

8 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) (612) (613) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Moytim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.