Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634980 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Karinaletters: 3:27am On Dec 02, 2021
Karinaletters:
Hi Qotl, please can we link up for new haven

Hi Qotl, I’m unable to open your mail
I’ve tried sending you another though

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 4:02am On Dec 02, 2021
Chimdy2015:
Add ASUU strike due to non payment of lectures by d govt and admission backlog This reason is a condition out of your control.
Ok Thanks
quote author=Lustre23 post=108124509]Good evening everyone please a friend was told to write a lspse letter. It's the last stage for her admission decision
She plans to go for nursing
Kindly help vent this and point out any necessary additions or subtraction thanks

I am writing to bring to your notice about my 3-year lapse period after my graduation from high school. I graduated high school in the year 2018 and I decided it would be in my best interest to learn a skill or work and raise funds for myself right before I further my education.

After a month at home, I enrolled at Spring Computer Institute, Ughelli where I took classes on Microsoft office and Corel Draw. I had to stop my classes early 2019 to take care of my dad. He had an accident and I was always at the hospital with him. I started developing an interest in nursing during my time with him at the hospital because of the way the nurses handled the patients and responded to them. By the time he was discharged, I was already certain I would love to pursue nursing as a career choice.

2020 came with the COVID virus and we officially went into lockdown. But during the lockdown, I picked up and interest in baking and started learning while at home.

The new year brought us out of lockdown where I had to wait for the next academic session before applying for a university. I do hope this letter is able to pass across the reasons for the lapse in my education.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by BadmanGozie: 4:49am On Dec 02, 2021
Where was your POE?

Damilare5882:

When I got to the POE in 2017, the officer asked me if I know anyone in United States, I said No, He asked me again, then immediately I remembered I filled in one of my distant uncle’s info in my form which I totally forgot innocently. Then I said yes . Guess what , I was taken to the second screening where they drilled me so bad before I was released.

So always let your response match what you fill.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 5:46am On Dec 02, 2021
Chimdy2015:
U did nothing wrong. D VO was looking out for close ties in nigeria like your wife and kids so u will come back

quote author=Bookolla post=108129982]I was efused F1 visa today, can anyone in d house tell me what I did wrong. Firstly on my 1-120, I started I did masters. this was what she asked me
Me: Good afternoon

VO: Good morning, pass me your i-20 and passport

VO: Where are you going to?

Me: I am going to Ball state university,for my MBA in Business adim with concentration in Business analysis

VO: What do you do

Me: I am a project Manager

VO: what is highest level of education

Me: Masters

VO: when did u gain dis
Me: last year

VO: Who is your sponsor

Me: My uncle

VO:What does he do?

Me: he owns a Fintech company
VO: Are u married
Me : No

VO: Do you have kids
Me: No

VO: Do you have any travel history
Me: Yes

VO: Sorry bla bla bla and hands me a green paper.
Me: (dumbfounded)

. Hello friend.
I think something's are not too fine from some of your responses here. Most of your answers are one word. Like; uncle, yes, no, master and stuff. For every such answer and you expected to support them with more positive responses. Like (1) who is your sponsor? My uncle has agreed to sponsor/ support me. He has been in charge of my education right from my secondary school. He has given me support letter and statement in regards. He works.....
(2) Highest qualification. Master degree in bla bla which is why I am going for my Phd in bla bla........Relate it to the program you are going for.
3) Are you married? No I am married. I plan to marry as soon as I come back to naija after completing my program. NOTE that this question is home tier. Convert it to another advantage for yourself since you are not married. I will be coming back after my program for my wedding. Do you you get the point there?
4) Do you have travel history? You are to SELL YOURSELF WELLA HERE WITH YOUR YES. Stuff like. Yes, i travel to so so place for a training relating to the program you are going for in so so place.
Don't stop talking until the V.O cuts in. But all your response must be positive responses to explain every answer s like above. BEST OF LUCK .

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 5:49am On Dec 02, 2021
I wish everyone the very best of luck in your interview. Peradventure anyone is coming to EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY and you need any information PLS do not hesitates to reach out.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AydotNX: 5:55am On Dec 02, 2021
TYPO ERRORS PLS.
No I am not married. I travelled to so so place....

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 6:43am On Dec 02, 2021
Hello House, please I need urgent response. My school in US is asking for an updated or additional bank statement in other to issue my I-20.

My sponsor is not available to give another bank statement . Can I ask the school for partial funding , a waiver, or that I will submit later . what can I write pls. I need answers.
.Initial bank statement is $40K and Tuition is $49K .

Please, advice...what can I do at this juncture. Quick response pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Bigtech85: 7:11am On Dec 02, 2021
Please how can I contact you, my visa application was denied in Abuja yesterday.
my email is bigilaogheneovho@gmail.com. Please reply,biko.

I dont really think is the Omicron that made his visa to be denied today cus some people also got approved today. I think this surge of a think is a trap, same thing happened last Wednesday (24th Nov) which was the first scheduled day for the surge, there was massive denial.

For me it is better to have a visa at hand oooo than been denied, once the ban is lifted u can enter the country.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:14am On Dec 02, 2021
xxxscholar:
Which ban are you talking about please?

I am just saying incase U.S ban Nigeria cus of the Omicron like the guy indicated.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 7:22am On Dec 02, 2021
kayjay69:
my wife got approved today F1 with a kid on F2.
I read the guy's transcript and i am shocked to my marrow he was not given especially going to such a reputable university and having funding.

my only advise is guys, please take time to fill out your DS-160 properly. I honestly believe that US visa interview is determined before hand i.e. before the candidate makes an appearance. You may convince them, you may talk yourself out of it but i strongly am of the believe that US visas are granted before you even make an appearance.

Maybe they have AI that assists them in placing everyone in particular categories? Maybe they have a dedicated team that simply reviews each application but i strongly believe what i said above and alot of people's experience both here and elsewhere point toward this.

Congratulations to your wife!

Yes it is good to fill your DS160 nicely and also this thing is all about Luck and all. When I went for my second interview, while I was on the queue I noticed the VO was following a particular format in issuing Visa. If he interviews six persons, out of that six he will approve one and reject five even if you have a very beautiful story to tell ( Are you telling me that all the five persons he denied did not fill their DS160 well? ), If you end up been the sixth person that day meen! You are going home with a Visa.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kayjay69(m): 7:26am On Dec 02, 2021
i agree with you and i do not understate the power of luck and God's favor.
ObodoNaija:

Congratulations to your wife!

Yes it is good to fill your DS160 nicely and also this thing is all about Luck and all. When I went for my second interview, while I was on the queue I noticed the VO was following a particular format in issuing Visa. If he interviews six persons, out of that six he will approve one and reject five even if you have a very beautiful story to tell ( Are you telling me that all the five persons he denied did not fill their DS160 well? ), If you end up been the sixth person that day meen! You are going home with a Visa.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KeriBaby(f): 7:30am On Dec 02, 2021
Hello Good morning, I have an offer from them and they’re supposed to send me my I-20 form today, I’d like to know what their tuition deposit is and how’s life in Michigan. If you don’t mind I sent you a PM
AydotNX:
I wish everyone the very best of luck in your interview. Peradventure anyone is coming to EASTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY and you need any information PLS do not hesitates to reach out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 7:36am On Dec 02, 2021
MiamiePizza:

No. Any document you know you cannot submit just send an email telling them you cannot get the document now. You can ask them to give you time and the will. Financial statement or affidavit of support don't stop you from getting admitted

Thank you my brother. Would give this a shot.

One more thing please, did you pay the application fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 8:41am On Dec 02, 2021
Please kindly respond to this. Thanks
Dunzg:
Please guys my initial appointment is in Abuja but I got approved for Lagos surge…is there anything I need to add or change especially in my ds-160?
My profile still shows Abuja as my location..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 8:43am On Dec 02, 2021
Kindly respond to this. Thanks
Dunzg:
Please guys my initial appointment is in Abuja but I got approved for Lagos surge…is there anything I need to add or change especially in my ds-160?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluh: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2021
MiamiePizza:

No. Any document you know you cannot submit just send an email telling them you cannot get the document now. You can ask them to give you time and the will. Financial statement or affidavit of support don't stop you from getting admitted

I’m awaiting my I-20 form from Missouri S&t too with. They haven’t sent it yet make person process interview. It’s tiring, can we talk better on phone or email pls

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kelechi1771: 8:58am On Dec 02, 2021
Anyone that’s going to attend SUNY OSWEGO?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by qotl: 9:09am On Dec 02, 2021
Karinaletters:

You can drop your WhatsApp contact
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 9:13am On Dec 02, 2021
Femotech123:
Visa denial @ Lagos today
No funding
Bachelor degree in social work
Vo: you are going for bachelor degree in social work in the USA
Me : that is correct
Vo: What is your highest qualifications
Me: high school but I quickly said sorry a Diploma degree
Vo: you went to poly IBD for two years which course
Me : local government and development duties
Vo: you went to computer engineering for two year
Me: it’s computer repair just a skill on repairing computer
Vo how does it relate with social work
Me: it doesn’t relate but I just learn the computer repair to have a skill to gain more he cut in
Vo: what will you do after this course
Me: I intend to come back to Nigeria to work at one of the local government in my state at the Dpt of social welfare so i can have more experience and I plan to create my own NGo which will be forcing on children with specific challenges and people struggling with addiction in the local community
Vo : who is sponsoring you
Me : my brother
Vo: what does he do
Me he is a business man he own a depot which is sell wholesale and a major distributor of all Coca cola products within and outside Abk
Vo : sorry you are not qualify. Thanks.
Any suggestion pls on this transcript

Please help me look into this transcript I want to apply again my school resume 7 January
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by qotl: 9:17am On Dec 02, 2021
Karinaletters:

I saw your mail and I've responded
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogoo91(f): 9:39am On Dec 02, 2021
I just got admitted to University of South Florida for fall 2022. Please chat me up if you also applied.

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by KokaEmpire: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2021
Anyone going to University of Toledo and got visa approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Raphaelvalentin: 10:19am On Dec 02, 2021
I just got admitted to Southeast Missouri university for Spring 2022. Is it late for visa application?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 10:23am On Dec 02, 2021
Why pay $220? All Toefl and GRE registration will be done for 65,000 naira each. Get your confirmation within 24hrs to 2days. Most likely under 24hrs.

You will have access to premium materials, premium maggosh videos. All for FREE!!

08135076974 Whatsapp Only
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ogunyomi007: 10:41am On Dec 02, 2021
I got my visa approved yesterday at Lagos Embassy.

Transcript was so short

VO: Good Afternoon
Me: Good afternoon sir
VO: Where are you going
Me: I am going to the US for my bachelors degree in Bioengineering and Biomedical engineering.
VO: why this course ?
Me: bioengineering and biomedical engineering improves human health by applying engineering to medical problems
VO: who is sponsoring you?
Me: my parent
VO: what do they do?
Me: my father is a civil engineer and also in real estate management and mom a medical consultant for xzy and she also owns a lab.
VO: oh I see a family of engineering.
VO: did you know about Ohio weather. How will you cope with that ?
Me: I am already preparing for that sir.
VO: I see you are too young for this course and he gave me the white paper.

Mehn Pray and have faith.
I thank everyone here.
I was the second to the last person inside the room.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2021
Ogunyomi007:

Transcript was so short

Me: I am going to the US for my bachelors degree in Bioengineering and Biomedical engineering.
Me: bioengineering and biomedical engineering improves human health by applying engineering to medical problems
Me: my father is a civil engineer and also in real estate management and mom a medical consultant for xzy and she also owns a lab.

I thank everyone here.

Congratulations, very short oh

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Emmyjack20: 11:38am On Dec 02, 2021
Ogunyomi007:

Transcript was so short

I thank everyone here.

Congratulations �

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oziengbe: 11:41am On Dec 02, 2021
Ogunyomi007:

Transcript was so short

I thank everyone here.
congratulations my brother

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omoola11: 11:53am On Dec 02, 2021
Congratulations.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Dunzg: 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2021
I hope this surge thing isn’t scam

Please reply guys
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Laworldz: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2021
So sorry about your denial. I feel like your answers could have been focused on the research and the fact that the funding comes with it aside have good grade.
Also, have you applied before to the embassy? From experience I’ve seen that sometimes they see something on the profile. If this is not the case then please reapply. You’ll get it I believe it for you. GWU is a great school and this denial is shocking
eminence5000:
Visa denied today
Lagos Embassy
Tuition expenses: $56000
Funding : $57,000
Deficit: No deficit
School: George Washington University

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning
VO: I can see you are going for your doctorate degree, how did you get this huge scholarship?
Me: I believe the admission committee were impressed with my academic profile which includes my academic transcripts, excellent gre score of 332, Quantitative 169, Verbal 163 and analytical writing 5.0. Good lettee of recommendations and my statement of purpose.

VO: very good. Sorry i cant approve your visa at this time.gives me blue paper.

Pls I am trying to reapply for the visa. Can i be approved for the surge emergency appointment at abuja embassy. Since i already applied for Surge in lagos embassy. I need your suggestions as how to go about getting a new visa appointment. My resumltion date is jan 18. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dydx2020(m): 12:31pm On Dec 02, 2021
MiamiePizza:

How about obtaining I-20 form. Can I email them that I will send it later ? Will I get my I-20. ,?

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.