Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,520 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (623) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638288 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2021
Renashelly:
Pls someone should say something.

Pls house help me out. It’s urgent.
I applied for associate of science but on my I-20, I see English proficiency.

When I get to the embassy and am asked the program I am going to study , pls what will I say.

English proficiency?

Can you snap and send let's see what you are talking about.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Globalk: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2021
Kiiishiii:

I think you have to pay another MRV fee
Pls ,my appointment was changed to Jan 21 from Dec 6, I would like to fill new ds-160 cos I defer my program from Sept,2021 to Jan 2022, does it mean I have to pay new visa fee upon filling new ds-160 cos the first ds-160 has been submitted and how will I apply for the surge date ? If I decide to go for the emergency appointment,do I have to pay new visa fee because my appointment is now twice.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Globalk: 6:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
ObodoNaija:

English proficiency?

Sis , help check this transcript, though it's long but think I may be asked 2/3 questions out of it and your corrections would be highly appreciated
Good afternoon great ppl here . Pls, I want you to help me check the transcript if the proposed response to the following questions are ok.
Me: Good morning
Vo: where are you going to, in the U.S.A?
Me: I am going to Troy University
VO: where is Troy University located ?
Me: Troy university is located at 600, university avenue, Troy, Alabama, 36082,
U.S.A
Vo: Why Troy University?
Me: Troy University is ranked the best from award winning academic
opportunities to exciting division I athletics events. Both in class and online
Vo: How did u got to know about the school?
Me: I was searching online for the best schools that offer degree in health
Education then, came across Troy University and its ranking .
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to three schools
Vo: Name them
Me: I applied to Arkansas state university, Troy university, Bemidji State
University
Vo: How many of these schools gave you admission ?
Me: Two schools gave me admission while my application at ankarsas state
university is still pending.
Vo: Name them
Troy University and Bedmindji state university gave me admission
Me: Two schools gave me admission while my application at ankarsas state
university is still pending.
Vo: Why is your application pending at Ankarsas state university
Me: while I submitted my application , my passport got expired and the school
had to pend my application until I got a new passport , since I already got
admission from two schools and of which the best among them has given me
admission , I didn’t follow up with the admission from Arkansas state university.
Vo: why did you selected troy university? Out of those school applied
Me: I choose Troy university over others because it has very good major in health
service, the school is ranked the best from award winning academic opportunities
to exciting division I athletics events. Troy university will provide me with top
notch learning opportunities both in class and online, and the only school out of
the three that provide me with a double major in health and physical education.
Vo: which program are you going for?
Me I’m going for Bachelor degree in health service/sciences, major in health and
physical education as a double major as one of the reason for selecting Troy
university as this double major is not available in most universities throughout the
state and southeast. And this program will provide me with dual certification in
physical education and health education unlike others with only one degree.
Vo: why physical and health education?
Me: I chose to study this course because this program has comprehensive
curriculum that includes hand-on laboratory courses, on-site rehabilitation
experience that will enhance my skills and my passion of helping people to prevent
and cure cardiopulmonary diseases such as hypertension, hypotension,
arrhythmia, e.t.c, through exercise prescription and cardiopulmonary
rehabilitation, so people can live a healthy active lifestyle.
Vo: Tell me about your study plan
Me: I am going to Troy University to pursue my first degree in Health Services
with conc in Physical and health education double major . Its a 5years
program,127credit hour major. And will be taking 9credits for each semester and
18credit hour minor in applied health.
Vo:can you mention atleast five courses in ur program?
Me : some of the courses are khp 2240-personal and community health , KHP-
3395-care and prevention of athelic injury. Khp 2202- first aid and health, khp
2240-personal and community health, khp 3352- kinesiology and efficiency of
human ,khp 4462-physical education for exceptional children.etc
Vo:what will you do with this degree..
Me:I would be establishing a non governmental rehabilitation center in my country
where people will be able to get help on their various health issue with
prescription of exercise.
Vo:what do health educator do?
Me: They instruct and train students on the principle of fitness and health, assist
with cardiovascular workout , strength training and stretching. they demonstrate
proper technique and explaining the value of particular movement.
Vo: what do you do?
Me: I work with Lagos State University as a Printing machine operator
VO: Whats the relationship btw your current job and your program
Me: To be candid, my current job has no relationship to my intended program but I have
previously worked with Lagos state university gym center that was where I got
motivated into this program and gym is what I do every day , atleast five days in a
week, so its something I really enjoy doing.
VO: why going for this undergraduate program at this age of yours?
Me: I believe that knowledge has no age boundary, there’s no age that
is too old to start a career that one enjoy doing, knowledge is very important to
human life, we need to seek knowledge until we dies, so, to me , this is the best time
to start this career.
Vo: when did you finish your high school
Me: year 2002.
Vo; What have you been doing since that time?
Me: after my high school education, I worked with Lagos state university gym
center as a fitness officer, training and assisting clients with their fitness exercise
until 2008, when I got another offer with LASU as printing –officer in the year
2009, I am now the chief-printer at LASU.
Vo: Did you write any test?
Me: No, my course did not require any specialized test
Vo: what about English proficiency test
Me: I believe that English is better taught in a Country where it is their first language.
The fact is that the curriculum of ESL(English as a Second Language) in America
is second to none. I wish to study ESL in America so as to enable me understand
how English is used there .this will turn me into a communicator that I will love to
be , a competent user of English.
VO: have you been deny USA visa before?
Me: yes, I was deny a tourist visa in the year 2018.
Vo: who is sponsoring u and what does he do
Me: my elder brother,
VO: What does he do?
Me: He is a senior lecturer at Lagos state university and he lectures…...
Vo: What your plan after school
Me: I will come back to Nigeria to establishing a non governmental rehabilitation
center in my country where people will be able to get help on their various health
issue with prescription of exercise, offer consultation services to cardiopulmonary
related health issues. And to join my family in Nigeria as I am married and bless
with 2/3 children.
Pls, am I good to go. Your correction would be highly appreciated, thank you.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hamiltonnikan: 6:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
SaMajeste:
I got approved today 9th November.
Abuja Embassy
First Attempt, no travel history.
School: Georgia State University
Course: French Studies
Funding:$36,140 (full tuition waiver + GTA)
Deficit: $15, 603.

V.O : Good morning.
Me: Good morning.
V.O: I see you're to Georgia State University to study French Language.
Me: Yes.
V.O: And I see you have a Graduate assistanship?
Me: Yes.
V.O: You have a deficit. Who's going to pay for it?
Me: My uncle. He is a pharmacist.
V.O: What will this course do for you?
Me: I will come back to my organisation (mentioned it) where I will seek to move to the Academy being built by ECOWAS to lecture. I was a French Facilitator at one of our training schools before being deployed to Abuja. (I can't remember if I said all this or it was in my head, but I already planned on saying it. So, I guess it came out fine).
V.O: So, you're saying that you will come to work with ECOWAS Academy, right?
Me: No. Migration Academy being built by ECOWAS.
V.O: Okay.
She typed for a while, maybe 30 seconds and then reached out for the white paper.
V.O: shd7dunxokjyyfghjj I-20 hdieijks safe js7eiejnznsj Corona virus djdururjzozxxbbt. I didn't hear anything except these few words. I was just nodding and smiling.

All praise to God because the sequence of questions were not followed, she was answering the questions she was supposed to ask me. Questions like why the US and not France I was expecting was not asked. I give God all the praise. I've been on this journey since last year. I got this admission for Summer 2021 but deferred to Spring 2022. I'm so glad to have a Graduate Coordinator who is understanding. She assured me my funding will be intact and that I can defer.
Thanks to you all that has been helping with tips, encouragement and transcripts. God bless you all.
If you believe in God, hold him tight, tell him what you want and stand on it. I nearly lost faith with all the denials here but I started speaking scriptures to myself. God is good don't put him aside. God bless you all.

Please I would like to apply for study visa in France can anyone help me with schools I should look out for and break down of things..please

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Trevon91: 6:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
OlawumiCecilia:

Lagos or Abuja

Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Waskylala: 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2021
Renashelly:
Pls someone should say something.

Pls house help me out. It’s urgent.
I applied for associate of science but on my I-20, I see English proficiency.

When I get to the embassy and am asked the program I am going to study , pls what will I say.

Why don't you email your school and so they rectify the mistake ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
Globalk:

Pls ,my appointment was changed to Jan 21 from Dec 6, I would like to fill new ds-160 cos I defer my program from Sept,2021 to Jan 2022, does it mean I have to pay new visa fee upon filling new ds-160 cos the first ds-160 has been submitted and how will I apply for the surge date ? If I decide to go for the emergency appointment,do I have to pay new visa fee because my appointment is now twice.

I think you should just apply for surge with your new I-20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 7:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hello, please I am having difficulty creating a CGI account to schedule interview date. Please attached for error message I kept on getting. Please any idea how I could resolve it? My school start Jan 19th

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Amazingg11: 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2021
I applied to three schools but I didn’t complete my application in two schools amongst the three because the two required transcript evaluation and I thought it will take time so I left my application.is it a red flag to say I applied to one school ?...Although the school that gave me admission gave me 50% tuition scholarship and it’s not a top ranking school
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Lustre23: 7:29pm On Dec 03, 2021
Seemie:
Hello everyone, So my visa got denied in August this year and I reapplied and my interview is dec 15th
Anyways I need help ��
Firstly, I finished high school in 2016
Did a photography training in 2017
Went to Oau for predegree program in 2018-2019
And couldn’t go to school in 2020 cos of the pandemic but I’ve been working in an hospital ever since till date and started applying to school 2021
My question is are all these good reasons to say during my interview
Secondly, I’m going for nursing and I’m really interested in geriatric nursing but to be a geriatric nurse I need to do a 18-24month training after my BSN degree which the university I’m going to offers
Question is should I mention this during the interview
Lastly, during my last interview I applied for Bachelor’s (ASN) but now I changed it to the normal (BSN) same school
Question here is, Is this a problem?
Please your suggestions and advices will be greatly appreciated thank you

How cases are quite similar
When is your interview ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
Greetings all, kindly help a brother who is trying to create a profile so I can apply for a visa date for my interview. The page keeps given me the below screenshot. How do I resolve this? Please help. Thanks all

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hello guys,

Please I want to pay for my SEVIS, is it possible for someone in the UK to pay for me at a local western union outlet?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
phelixson:
Hello, please I am having difficulty creating a CGI account to schedule interview date. Please attached for error message I kept on getting. Please any idea how I could resolve it? My school start Jan 19th

Had similar issues last week. Email them
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2021
bigheadday:
Greetings all, kindly help a brother who is trying to create a profile so I can apply for a visa date for my interview. The page keeps given me the below screenshot. How do I resolve this? Please help. Thanks all

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

Can you please help with the email address? Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2021
bigheadday:

Okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Osof: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
You won't pay another money. Fill another ds160 and update it.
Globalk:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObaOfEsan: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2021
bigheadday:

Support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaMajeste(f): 8:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
Hamiltonnikan:

Please I would like to apply for study visa in France can anyone help me with schools I should look out for and break down of things..please
Hello Hamiltonnikan. I suggest you visit Campus France website, or if you're in Lagos or Abuja visit Alliance Française, Lagos or Institut Français in Abuja and let them guide you. Admission into French Universities are now through CampusFrance; you cannot apply directly to them. Their services are not free, so check out their website and prepare before visiting.
I think there's a thread for France student visa. Try and search the travel section. Goodluck!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ameristu: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
phelixson:
Hello guys,

Please I want to pay for my SEVIS, is it possible for someone in the UK to pay for me at a local western union outlet?

After the western union, you might have to send an email with a scanned copy of your receipt as it would be the person's name that would show on the western union transfer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kalazclint(m): 9:07pm On Dec 03, 2021
Visa Approved
First attempt
Abuja Consulate
COA: $36k
Funding: $26k

There were 2 VOs today. The bald man on glasses and the other bald man.

I was interviewed by the bald man on glasses

Transcript.
Me: Good afternoon sir.
VO: Good afternoon. Where are you going to?
Me: I’m going to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette to pursue a masters degree in Petroleum Engineering with concentration on Enhanced Oil Recovery and Production optimization.

VO: Why ULL?
Me: Professor Boyun is a leading researcher in Enhanced Oil recovery and I’m fascinated about the opportunity to work with him. I’ll be working with him on “Application of Artificial Intelligence on EOR”

VO: What’s your highest qualification?
Me: I have a B.Eng in Petroleum Engineering

VO: What do you do currently?
Me: I work as a Junior Petroleum Production Engr at Exprotech Nig limited.

VO: why this masters at this time?
Me: Masters degree is required for me to take an advanced role as a senior Production Engr in my company and...., VO cuts in

VO: I see you have an assistantship, who’ll be paying for the deficit?
Me: My uncle who’s been sponsoring my education.

VO: What does your uncle do?
Me: He’s an accountant with United Health Care at Houston Texas.

VO: oh! Your uncle is in the US, how did he go to the US?
Me: he won a visa lottery.

VO: What of your dad
Me: He’s late.

VO: What’s your post graduate plan?
Me: I will be coming back to take up a role as a senior production Engr in my company and...., VO cuts in

VO: I’ll be approving your visa, hands in the white paper and few statements, I wasn’t even listening ��.

Have a personal transcript, take a lot of mock, pray and be confident.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please what was their response?
ObaOfEsan:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please how do I pay? Is there anyone that can help?

Also, can I apply for surge while I am yet to pay SEVIS but with the hope of paying before new interview date?
ameristu:

After the western union, you might have to send an email with a scanned copy of your receipt as it would be the person's name that would show on the western union transfer.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
It worked. Thank you!

ObaOfEsan:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 9:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please can I apply for surge while I am yet to pay my SEVIS, but with the hope of paying before the scheduled new date?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 9:51pm On Dec 03, 2021
phelixson:
It worked. Thank you!

@phelixson. Did you get a response from them?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigheadday: 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
ObaOfEsan:

@ObaOfEsan. Thank you very much for your time and responses so far.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Renashelly: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
ObodoNaija:

English proficiency?

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Seemie: 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
Lustre23:

How cases are quite similar
When is your interview ?

15th of dec, can you help me with some of the questions I asked??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2021
They sent me an email with a generated password, inused it to login, then I created my own password and took it up from there.
bigheadday:

@phelixson. Did you get a response from them?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please I need help paying for SEVIS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phelixson: 10:55pm On Dec 03, 2021
Please I need to pay too.

Walspring:

$350 and also comes with charges when paying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (620) (621) (622) (623) (624) (625) (626) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.