Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,845 members, 7,806,391 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637083 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2021
Hello everyone! Please is it okay to go into a masters program without funding or assistantship? I was told by my coordinator that hourly student employment or work study employment may be an option. The total cost of the program is $26,766 annually. What's your take on this? Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by EffectEn: 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2021
Its not everyone that gets funding for a master's program, if your sponsor can cover the tuition then be grateful. Some schools can offer you student employment- not assistantship. From my findings you can pay for your full living expenses on this jobs.

And be positive, do your best to be outstanding in your first semester, and you might just get a good funding offer. Don't be pressured. Keep pushing

Jukwasi:
Hello everyone! Please is it okay to go into a masters program without funding or assistantship? I was told by my coordinator that hourly student employment or work study employment may be an option. The total cost of the program is $26,766 annually. What's your take on this? Thanks

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by spaggyy(m): 10:13pm On Mar 11, 2021
MrBammy:
Hello Fam,
My wife’s visa got approved this morning at Lagos embassy... exactly a week of her denial at Abuja embassy. Glory to God. Please, we are thinking of deferring the admission if possible to August, just to hustle more for money and I want to know if that will not jeopardize her visa! Gurus, kindly advice.
School: UMKC
#fairheart, you no reply my mail since last week oh

Mrbammy pls i will need some tip from you, I am about to start my wife’s application but we are worried cos we recently got married and the Visa Officer might be concerned about her leaving her husband behind( it could also be a strong Home tie )

Lastly do you know if USA accepts Spouse Open Work Permit ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by HollyMadison(f): 11:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
Who else got this mail from GSU?

Public finance FALL FELLOWSHIP OPPORTUNITIES FOR MPA, MPP AND MA ECON APPLICANTS!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MOgunleye(m): 2:24am On Mar 12, 2021
Lagos and it is for fall
tiptoe1:

Is it Lagos or Abuja and are you going for summer or fall?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mumayo: 3:36am On Mar 12, 2021
Malone122:
if you mean community college I’ll no advise you to commence....apply with a university with a low tuition but good school and you can switch if you get there my own take on it.
can you please give me example of such low tuition uni
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by tiptoe1: 7:30am On Mar 12, 2021
MOgunleye:
Lagos and it is for fall
Alright.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ObodoNaija(f): 9:18am On Mar 12, 2021
PotentialNurse:

I got it in February, it came with my admission.

Ok. Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kinkymax: 9:29am On Mar 12, 2021
Jukwasi:
This issue of funding is actually disturbing. I also got admission( masters) without funding and I always think of 2 things,, 1)won't it affect my chances of getting Visa approved 2) how am I going to survive over there wt d high tuition and living expenses. Or there are other ways of survival over there that are not clear yet..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 9:31am On Mar 12, 2021
Hi all,
I uploaded my financial doc and passport data page for issuance of i20 on 26th February and yet to receive response from the school.
University of New Haven Msc National Security.
How long does this take pls.
Waiting for your responses.
Good morning bosses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by homodele: 9:51am On Mar 12, 2021
Good morning from Nigeria everyone. Please I would like to know do private schools in the US offer fully funded scholarship to students applying for a Masters degree program?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 9:54am On Mar 12, 2021
EffectEn:
Its not everyone that gets funding for a master's program, if your sponsor can cover the tuition then be grateful. Some schools can offer you student employment- not assistantship. From my findings you can pay for your full living expenses on this jobs.

And be positive, do your best to be outstanding in your first semester, and you might just get a good funding offer. Don't be pressured. Keep pushing

Thanks so much for this. I am so grateful for your contribution. I know I don't have all the money at once to pay. But I pray they do accept some installments at first. Thanks once again.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Jukwasi: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2021
kinkymax:

This issue of funding is actually disturbing. I also got admission( masters) without funding and I always think of 2 things,, 1)won't it affect my chances of getting Visa approved 2) how am I going to survive over there wt d high tuition and living expenses. Or there are other ways of survival over there that are not clear yet..
That's it. I only know of No 1 though: It won't affect if your sponsor's funds supersedes the total amount of the scholarship or it is equivalent to.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 10:18am On Mar 12, 2021
Nicerazor:
Hi all,
I uploaded my financial doc and passport data page for issuance of i20 on 26th February and yet to receive response from the school.
Good morning bosses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zyead: 10:26am On Mar 12, 2021
Nicerazor:

Hello, did you get any scholarships from the school?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by zyead: 10:28am On Mar 12, 2021
@ll, has any BGSU fall 2021 Admitted Person had any funding response from the School?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 11:11am On Mar 12, 2021
Funding Opportunities for LAW GRADUATES in U.S.A. universities

See links in the attached word document

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by nelmc: 11:11am On Mar 12, 2021
Nicerazor:
Hi all,
Good morning bosses.

Have you emailed the school concerning this delay issue? If you have, what was their response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoroSoke(m): 11:17am On Mar 12, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

Some of my friends have received but I haven't received

Like paid G.A's with full tuition waivers?

What's their profile like? Any int. Exams?

I'm seriously considering TTU
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoroSoke(m): 11:18am On Mar 12, 2021
ObodoNaija:

Did they get it together with the admission offer or they got it separately. My department is really taking long to make their own decision. The wait is something else.
Please which department?

I'm going for a construction - related course
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SoroSoke(m): 11:21am On Mar 12, 2021
PotentialNurse:

I got it in February, it came with my admission.
could you share the course please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 11:22am On Mar 12, 2021
Funding Opportunities in the U.S. - SOCIOLOGY ASSISTANTSHIP

Find attached the word document below for the links

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 11:29am On Mar 12, 2021
Funding opportunities for GEOLOGY & MINING graduates in the U.S.

See links in the attached word document

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 11:44am On Mar 12, 2021
Funding Opportunities for Animal Science, Animal Production & Health Graduates in the U.S.

See links in the word document attached

1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by lentomac: 11:52am On Mar 12, 2021
Funding Opportunities for GEOGRAPHY_GIS ASSISTANTSHIP

See links in the word document attached

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 12:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
I just emailed waiting for their response.
nelmc:

Have you emailed the school concerning this delay issue? If you have, what was their response?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anikemoses(m): 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2021
EffectEn:

u really mean that he can pay his tuition expenses with per hour job?���..which state in the US are u?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anikemoses(m): 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
spaggyy:

Mrbammy pls i will need some tip from you, I am about to start my wife’s application but we are worried cos we recently got married and the Visa Officer might be concerned about her leaving her husband behind( it could also be a strong Home tie )

Lastly do you know if USA accepts Spouse Open Work Permit ?

u have two options, either apply for F2 for her or she waits until you’re settled and apply for tourist visa..However, of both options, she’s not allowed to work but can take a minimum of 6credit units while on F2 visa...I know some couples in my class from the Middle East that took that route..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anikemoses(m): 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2021
kinkymax:

your gut feelings/intuition is valid, don’t come here to study without a solid funding plan..by all means, ensure u have fundings or money readily available for your studies, or else, u will almost be depressed and tempted to settle for less while trying to be legal.... Not a good experience if u ask me...No gaslighting

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anikemoses(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2021
Nicerazor:
Hi all,
Good morning bosses.
why not simply put a call through to the school’s admission office, if u are scared of the credit to call, there are apps that allows u to call US for free..This is the fastest way to reach schools here except when stated otherwise, to communicate via emails.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anikemoses(m): 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
homodele:
Good morning from Nigeria everyone. Please I would like to know do private schools in the US offer fully funded scholarship to students applying for a Masters degree program?
your best bet will be to apply to public schools as they have lots of endowment funds, However, I’m not sure with this covid year though...Private schools here for most part are very expensive and offers little or no fundings
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by anikemoses(m): 1:06pm On Mar 12, 2021
Jukwasi:
Thanks so much for this. I am so grateful for your contribution. I know I don't have all the money at once to pay. But I pray they do accept some installments at first. Thanks once again.
your definition of installment here is called payment plan..it ends every semester and u MUST PAY UP before the next semester, or else you’re not allowed to register for classes for the next semester , the irony of it is that, new semesters registration starts about a month before the end of the current one and in most cases , classes has limited capacity, so while you’re struggling with your payment plans, classes might be filled, in some cases, if the Prof refuses to open more slots for classes, u might be forced to take ESL classes just to stay on status for that semester, which also comes with a premium..

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.