Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,836 members, 7,806,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (679) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1637055 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Mystique07: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hi.

Please how long did it take you to receive a decision on your application?

I applied for fall 2022.

Nanthediverse:
I just got admission from University of Wisconsin Milwaukee. The next step is visa and this is my 3rd time. Been denied 2 times and I'm 20yrs old. This time around it's not my parents who is sponsoring me. During lockdown last year we were doing community services, teaching kids how to read and write in the villages and this actually got me a full time scholarship from my local government to do my bachelor's in economics abroad. How do I go about it? I'm happy and confused.
What paperwork do I need to get from the local government while going for interview?
Or should I inform the school that the government is sponsoring me?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2021
Chynwem:
yes I am
Please once you have traveled on Friday, do update us here if you were asked for proof of fully vaccinated status, either by the airline or at the port of entry.

Safe flight!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by phemorhino(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2021
Svelte98:
Merry Christmas people!

Can someone start the I-20 process in January, get the I-20, pay SEVIS fee and get an appointment date by March 3rd?

Also, how long does it take for schools to process the I-20?
Hi , please i think you were the one that applied to University of Denver? Please i just paid my application fee now, what is the next step? I have uploaded all the required documents
Can we chat outside this forum, please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Muleriders: 4:45pm On Dec 28, 2021
We4all:

Great job bro! Your contributions here are the best. Can you believe I read all your posts? I once asked about MBA programs in affordable schools for a younger cousin of mine and you mentioned SAU.

I would like an honest opinion from you. Firstly, will 6M be just enough to cover for both tuition and living expenses (including medical insurance)for the first year?

6m is about 12k usd. For a school like SAU, it should be sufficient if he registers 6 credits per semester. Graduate course cost about $440/credit

Secondly, are tuition fees paid per semester or yearly? Someone mentioned that the school compels students to pay complete tuition for the first year.
Tuition can be paid at once, or as monthly installments using nelnet loans.

Thirdly, the juicy part. Are on-campus jobs very competitive? What’s the percentage chance that he will get a job within 3 months of resumption?

For a school like SAU, on campus jobs are on first come, first serve and students with no scholarship / funding have higher priority. The jobs are mostly available during fall. From resumption, he should avail himself at international student office for vacancies

Fourthly, speaking from experience, would you advise him to take a chance and travel to the US with his limited funds?
I have seen Alot of folks dropping out after first semester, many end up with poor grade due to struggles to pay bills. I have seen many who ended up out of status. Bottom line, it's difficult to survive in the US as a student with limited funds, no scholarship and no backup plan. My backup plan was freelancing which was paying me already before leaving naija.

Lastly, is it cheaper to have on-campus accommodation? Between on and off-campus boarding, which would u recommend? Does accommodation comes with furniture?
On campus is better because you are closer to the school which saves you cost of transportation or buying car, but it is expensive compared to off campus. And during holidays, you expected to vacate campus accommodation or pay extra to stay while on off campus, na your house. Nobody fit pursue you.

As for the furniture. Most accommodation comes with furnitures, some don't. On campus has furnitures. Just come with your bags and cloths

Looking forward to your response.

Apologies for the late response, just settling in a new job, that's why I have been away for a while.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ricost: 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hello house, my visa interview appointment is on the 14th of January at Abuja. I've never been to abuja, please I would be glad if you guys can recommend good and affordable hotels close to the venue of the interview. So I can have an idea of what the cost will look like before then. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by laddyboss: 4:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ricost:
Hello house, my visa interview appointment is on the 14th of January at Abuja. I've never been to abuja, please I would be glad if you guys can recommend good and affordable hotels close to the venue of the interview. So I can have an idea of what the cost will look like before then. Thank you
Pls when did you apply for the Abuja interview and was it Emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 5:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ricost:
optima hotel. 10k

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ricost: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
I applied for EA at Abuja on the 23rd after Lagos denied me an emergency Appointment on the 22nd
laddyboss:

Pls when did you apply for the Abuja interview and was it Emergency appointment
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ricost: 5:30pm On Dec 28, 2021
Thank you so much
beejhay69:
optima hotel. 10k
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ricost:
But your school is resuming on the 13th as you said in your earlier post. That means your interview is a day after your program start date

Did your school give you extension letter ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chynwem: 6:29pm On Dec 28, 2021
JaySterling:
Please once you have traveled on Friday, do update us here if you were asked for proof of fully vaccinated status, either by the airline or at the port of entry.

Safe flight!
oh okay, no problem I will. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 7:41pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ricost:

Same here, got an interview in Abuja on 14th. Early hours of the day
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by crowniran(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2021
horlahsunbo225:

You can submit unofficial

Decision comes around match

Thank you sir. Again, My Status is reading "Awaiting materials" even tho I have completed all apps. Is that normal?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Latifatadetola: 7:50pm On Dec 28, 2021
Hello everyone,

Please can someone help review my DS 160. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by MountainTop34: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
Timotte:

Apply with the 304 score. Your GRE isn't the only thing that is assessed on your application. You have a good GPA. What you need is to get very strong recommendation letters (not the typical ones written by most lecturers). The recommendation letters should be personal and give examples of attributes that are stated in the letter. I can send you a sample of a strong engineering recommendation letter if you need one. Additional, have a well written personal statement that clearly outlines your research interest(s). If you have any publication, it can further strengthen your application. But if you don't have any, it wouldn't harm you either. I have a friend who had a WES evaluated GPA of 3.11 and a GRE score of 294 who got admitted to the chemical engineering masters program at the University of North Dakota with full tuition waiver and a graduate research assistantship for Spring 2022 (he got his visa yesterday). He had very strong recommendation letters and a well written personal statement that strengthened his application.

Pls do u have a strong recommendation letter for a Masters in Construction Management, I'll send an email to you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by teryene(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2021
beejhay69:
DM
Can u drop ur email, please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by teryene(m): 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ricost:
Please can I get ur email, will like to ask some person questions
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by horlahsunbo225(m): 9:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
crowniran:

Thank you sir. Again, My Status is reading "Awaiting materials" even tho I have completed all apps. Is that normal?
No mail your department
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2021
teryene:

please.
Drop your email.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:09pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ricost:
Bolingo Hotel. 20k. 5mins walk to the embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ricost: 10:34pm On Dec 28, 2021
You are correct, but I wrote to the school and they agreed for an extension till 24th of January
JaySterling:
But your school is resuming on the 13th as you said in your earlier post. That means your interview is a day after your program start date

Did your school give you extension letter ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
abrahamfexli1:
Good morning beautiful people, please i need help.

What documents will i present at the point of entry?

Thank you

I was only asked for my i20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ricost: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2021
Good luck to us. Maybe we can connect before then if you don't mind
SonugaMike:

Same here, got an interview in Abuja on 14th. Early hours of the day
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ricost: 10:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
Thank you so much.
ZionSpecie:

Bolingo Hotel. 20k. 5mins walk to the embassy

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2021
JaySterling:

Safe flight!

My vaccination card was requested and the barcode scanned. United airlines

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JaySterling: 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2021
Kiiishiii:

My vaccination card was requested and the barcode scanned. United airlines
What of at the port of entry ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kiiishiii: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2021
JaySterling:
What of at the port of entry ?

Only my i20 was requested. The officer asked me to sign my i20
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Gibfem: 12:02am On Dec 29, 2021
beejhay69:
DM
Please my brother I really need your assistance before submitting my ds160 I will love you to review it and make some corrections if I made any, So please how are we going to get it done?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excelBBM: 12:41am On Dec 29, 2021
Please house, I find it difficult to create profile for my interview in Lagos... It keep giving me error message... What can I do to that

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excelBBM: 12:58am On Dec 29, 2021
I am unable to create a profile for my interview, it keep giving me error message. What can I do
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by excelBBM: 1:05am On Dec 29, 2021
Someone should help me on how to book interview.... It's given me error message...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 1:46am On Dec 29, 2021
Ricost:
Good luck to us. Maybe we can connect before then if you don't mind

Sure thing.

Please DM me

(1) (2) (3) ... (676) (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.