Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,783 members, 7,802,426 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634719 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:40pm On Jan 05, 2022
Getting this error while trying to created an account to book an appointment:

User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

Anyone knows how to resolve this, please?

Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2022
ifedayosol:
below is wat I sent and I got positive response in less than 1 minute. I was given a password to login and reset the password

Hello,

I am (full name), I am trying to register on cgifederal portal as new user but it's not going through. Below is the response I'm getting;

- your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted
- User could not be created. Please ensure first name and last name are entered correctly as they are in your passport.

Kindly assist with possible solution to it as o urgently need to book an appointment.

Regards,

(Name)

Please what email did you send this to? I'm having a similar issue.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ifedayosol(m): 5:46pm On Jan 05, 2022
Email: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

sbot:

Please what email did you send this to? I'm having a similar issue.

Thank you!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2022
ifedayosol:
Email: support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Bless your heart, boss.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by moruff77: 5:48pm On Jan 05, 2022
Gurus in d house, please are dere still surge dates for Lagos or Abuja...can someone still apply for d surge dates?..abeg response needed urgently.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2022
Swerveking14:
Sigh, some of you can’t just read to understand….listen, mail the school that you are a Nigerian and “what’s is the first official language language “”English””. Some school would let it slide provided you can prove to them that you are fluent in English. Here in Minnesota, if it’s this same scenario, the school offer you something called “Acuplacer”, if you get a certain score, they let you proceed… that is what I’m explaining to you.

You don't have to be condescending in your response. Nobody will crucify you if you're polite and no one is forcing you to respond

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 8:18pm On Jan 05, 2022
TheSociopath:

You don't have to be condescending in your response. Nobody will crucify you if you're polite and no one is forcing you to respond
Thank you for this!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gwallt: 8:45pm On Jan 05, 2022
Please guys I got delayed in Abuja and I changed to Lagos to get a new appointment date for my interview! I have paid for another MRV and fill a new ds-160.I applied for Emergency date since on Monday and uptill now no response from them.I used the same cgi that I used for Abuja for Lagos.l hope that’s not the reason why I haven’t got a response from them.Your advice is needed gurus in the house.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bukhety(f): 8:46pm On Jan 05, 2022
Pls If you applied to university of Alabama for fall 2022 n you have heard from them, kindly signify. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SonugaMike: 9:00pm On Jan 05, 2022
gwallt:
Please guys I got delayed in Abuja and I changed to Lagos to get a new appointment date for my interview! I have paid for another MRV and fill a new ds-160.I applied for Emergency date since on Monday and uptill now no response from them.I used the same cgi that I used for Abuja for Lagos.l hope that’s not the reason why I haven’t got a response from them.Your advice is needed gurus in the house.

Hope you updated your new ds-160 and also the new payment receipt.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gwallt: 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2022
SonugaMike:

Hope you updated your new ds-160 and also the new payment receipt.

Yes I did
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaMajeste(f): 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2022
Systrom:

Thanks so much for the info

Please I have 2 questions
1. Did Turkish Air ask for fully vaccinated Covid card ?

2. Did you book the flight directly from Turkish Air to get the discount or you used an Agent such as Wakanow
1. Yes. They scan the code before they issue your boarding pass.

2. Yes. I went to their office in Abuja. Leadway House Central Business District.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SaMajeste(f): 9:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
SonugaMike:

Interesting,

2 key things to note here, Please kindly confirm if I am right.

First, you can either book online or book through their mobile app.
Second, you can walk up to them and get a discount as a student. (They give discount to students).

Can you share with us their office address please.

Thank you!!
Booking through their app means you will be paying with a dollar card.

I went to their office because I couldn't pay via the app as it was in USD. So when I called them, they said I should come to their office and pay; that was where I got to know about their student discount offer. They automatically give when they see your visa and age, so go with your passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rukween: 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
Good day all

I am scheduled for an interview 12th January,2022 and that is the date of my school's resumption. I applied for extension letter but the school suggested I defer to Fall 2022 which I am very ok with.

Now, my confusion is;

1. Should I reschedule my visa interview to a later date? In March or April?

2. Would I need to fill another DS-160 when I am going for the rescheduled interview?
If I do not need to, can I still fill a NEW one to make changes or I can edit this current DS-160

I'm grateful for your responses.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aamey15: 10:03pm On Jan 05, 2022
Thank you for your detailed response, i truly appreciate it... Oh and i am definitely in this world cheesy cheesy cheesy.. lol

Is it okay if i send you a PM. Thank you

dreamcometrue:

I'm surprised you asked these questions. MBA is a well know threaded path.

That said, yes, you can get scholarshipS. Actually former a colleague got 3 scholarships - HBS, GSB and Sloan. But chose GSB. These schools, or even lower ranked ones, they like a) black woman and b) top GMAT scores. If you have two of these, you will go really far. If b) is not bad but you have a), then you will make some progress.

So, to answer your specific questions

1. All serious MBA programs give scholarships. Many even provide avenues to get loans. I had to ask twice when I visited HBS to be sure that they're indeed willing to provide avenues for loans to students they admit who may not be able to pay all the fees themselves or whose scholarships do not cover all fees

2. You need to take the GMAT. For some reason, some (most?) of us find this test challenging. But if you tear it, and you be black woman, top schools go pursue you enter your house smiley. If you don't get top scores, but your scores are decent, some type of partial scholarship is still possible. I know Omhengwo who went to Wharton with 50% and paid the rest 50% from life savings. lol. The short girl no gree borrow.

3. Yes, F2 visa is possible. I know many people whose immediate families have F2. Not a biggie, really.

Your questions are easy. Lol. Are you in this world?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by amanonymous(m): 11:19pm On Jan 05, 2022
Good day guys..
Please i would need the gurus in the house to help guide me as i embark on this journey.
I want to apply for an msc programme in the state.i have a gpa of 2.8 ..
My questions are
1) which school in the states accepts second class lower for msc programms ,?
2)which schools can i apply to that dosent need ielts or toefl or gmats.?
3)i studied political science education..
My degree is (Bed). can i apply for msc in administeration with this qualification?
Thanks for your swift response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
Is there anyone else going to attend any of Philadelphia’s universities like Drexel, Temple, TJU or Penn?

Make we align!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Oluwatosin2000(m): 11:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
Good evening guys, please can I use my original waec result for my secondary school transcript? Or secondary school transcript is entirely different?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 11:55pm On Jan 05, 2022
January dates
Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Rukween: 12:03am On Jan 06, 2022
Good day

Please I'm scheduled for an interview 12th January and I got a mail from my school today that they can't give extension letter that it's better I defer

I would like to reschedule my appointment to a later date but I can't see "RESCHEDULE" on my CGI portal. Should I click on "cancel appointment"?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 12:09am On Jan 06, 2022
amanonymous:

Good day guys,

Please I would need the gurus in the house to help guide me as I embark on this journey.
I want to apply for an MSc program in the States. I have a GPA of 2.8.

My questions are:

1) Which schools in the States accept Second Class (Lower Division) for their MSc programs?
2) Which schools can I apply to that won't require IELTS or TOEFL or GMAT.?

PS: I studied Political Science Education.

My degree is B.Ed. Can I apply for MSc in Administration with this qualification?

Thanks for your swift response

Hi, I always advise people with low CGPA to do the following:
1. Do WES evaluation, i.e., convert your grades to American standard (/4.0)
2. Write TOEFL and GRE/GMAT and obtain very good scores (this shows that you're ready for graduate school, you set aside months to prepare for these exams)
3. Research on schools that accept low CGPA like 2.75/4.00 (remember you must do WES evaluation to know your grade /4.0). For example, APSU.

Best of luck bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TheSociopath(m): 12:11am On Jan 06, 2022
Oluwatosin2000:
Good evening guys, please can I use my original WAEC result for my secondary school transcript? Or secondary school transcript is entirely different?

If your intended school accepts WES evaluation, do a WES evaluation of your WASSCE result and send to them, it'll serve as your high school transcript.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ImaIma1(f): 12:26am On Jan 06, 2022
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

ima4real2013@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nanthediverse: 12:36am On Jan 06, 2022
What is the site for application of visa after you have paid the visa fees at the bank.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Hallelujahvoice: 12:52am On Jan 06, 2022
Rukween:
Good day

Please I'm scheduled for an interview 12th January and I got a mail from my school today that they can't give extension letter that it's better I defer

I would like to reschedule my appointment to a later date but I can't see "RESCHEDULE" on my CGI portal. Should I click on "cancel appointment"?

Please, don't cancel

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by mojolajesu(m): 1:39am On Jan 06, 2022
Please don’t cancel. If you do, you will have to forefront your MrV then pay another one to get a new date.

Kindly check well, the reschedule option is always there.
Rukween:
Good day

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sakasitay(m): 3:00am On Jan 06, 2022
Hi comrades,

I don’t know if I’m only one: is the immunization form compulsory in your university? I’d like to know if it’s a standard for enrollment. Could anyone answer? Thanks in anticipation!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreamcometrue: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2022
Izanghi:

To the best of my knowledge wpi requires toefl from Nigerian students. But he/she can try Clarkson University, the school has everything he/she requested for but the deadline is January 31 and its in New York.

Is best of your knowledge the school's knowledge or verdict?

Or does WPI discriminate among Nigerian students? I gave WPI as a place to apply because non TOEFL people just successfully applied or got admitted few days or weeks ago with TOEFL.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dreamcometrue: 6:06am On Jan 06, 2022
aamey15:
Thank you for your detailed response, i truly appreciate it... Oh and i am definitely in this world cheesy cheesy cheesy.. lol

Is it okay if i send you a PM. Thank you

Alright, feel free to send.

Some caveat: I'm not an admissions consultant and don't have an MBA myself and don't plan to get one.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by blexin094(m): 7:17am On Jan 06, 2022
fairheart:
IF YOU NEED GRE MATERIALS, QUOTE AND DROP YOUR EMAIL UNDER THIS COMMENT.

etbadegoke@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Fawaz12345: 7:21am On Jan 06, 2022
Hello guys I’m about to start my application for fall 2022 student visa for US but my fear is that I might get rejected because my sister is a Pr of Us and my brother is also still studying there.What are my chances like?
And I’ve also purchased the tourism visa stuff of 67,000 can I use it for F1 visa?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by beejhay69: 7:27am On Jan 06, 2022
Rukween:
Good day

Good day.

1. If you got your current date via the 'Reschedule option' then you won't be able to access it again.

2. Yes. You can schedule another appointment with the same MRV if you haven't cancelled before.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.