Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,415 members, 7,808,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638106 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2022
Babnxst93:
I have admission at the moment please is possible to pay for visa fee even without paying for sevis fee yet because I’m yet to request for my I-20 due to funding decision

Absolutely.

Payment is valid for a year if I’m not mistaken.

Do not share the payment page/reference with no one as they may use it and you may be needing to make another payment.

In addition, you can use same to schedule a Visa interview twice.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukchukwudi14: 7:40am On Jan 24, 2022
Where did you apply to for this EA?

If Lagos, try Abuja.

I applied to Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Chukchukwudi14: 7:46am On Jan 24, 2022
Please it is Abuja I applied to directly not lagos and I was given July 29th. I've applied for Emergency appointment twice and got denied, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, is there anyone who can tell me what and what to upload to them for an Emergency appointment to be approved please.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 7:47am On Jan 24, 2022
sbot:
My people, please help me understand these calculations

What is the total amount or cost of attendance I am meant to pay in this case, I mean for the whole two(2) years the masters program is meant to last for?

Kindly refer to the attached screenshot.

Thank you.

Do you mind dropping the course name and level for the attached picture?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by izyericson: 8:02am On Jan 24, 2022
Babnxst93:
I have admission at the moment please is possible to pay for visa fee even without paying for SEVIS fee yet because I’m yet to request for my I-20 due to funding decision

Yes, you can pay for Visa before SEVIS, but, you cannot complete DS-160 without information such as SEVIS ID.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babnxst93: 8:04am On Jan 24, 2022
Thank you!

Please one more thing once I make payment I can start looking for dates and can also pick visa interview dates right ?

sbot:

Absolutely.

Payment is valid for a year if I’m not mistaken.

Do not share the payment page/reference with no one as they may use it and you may be needing to make another payment.

In addition, you can use same to schedule a Visa interview twice.

Cheers!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AnaCheks(m): 8:05am On Jan 24, 2022
Good day good people. Please how do I write for application fee waiver. Can someone put me through please?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Habs4800: 8:27am On Jan 24, 2022
chizara85:
I give God all the glory for my visa approval last week in Abuja . My candid advise to anyone applying , please seek the face of God first before applying , you can be very sound in your response and still get denied . Na baba God do am .

Transcript: Visa Approved

First Attempt Abuja

COA : 32,000 USD

No funding

VO : Good morning , I can see you are going to SHSU

Me : Good morning , that’s very correct

VO : What do you do in Nigeria ?

Me: I run my own Social Enterprise where I bleep bleep bleep .

VO: why did you choose SHSU

Me: I choose SHSU because it has 2 counseling centers and it fits into my career path where I have option of choosing my own course to fit my career.

VO: Who is sponsoring your studies, I can see you have two sponsors .

Me: I would be co-sponsored by my mum ; me and my mum .

VO: What does she do ?

Me: She works at bleep bleep company

VO : Everything looks good by me , I would be approving your visa, but tell your school to adjust the date on your 1-20 .

Congratulations, The slim bald guy interviewed you right ?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:31am On Jan 24, 2022
Babnxst93:
Thank you!

Please one more thing once I make payment I can start looking for dates and can also pick visa interview dates right ?

No.

You’d need a ds-160 form ID. Before you can obtain this ID, you’d need to fill an online form (ds-160) with your SEVIS ID which is contained in your form I-20.

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:39am On Jan 24, 2022
Chukchukwudi14:
Please it is Abuja I applied to directly not lagos and I was given July 29th. I've applied for Emergency appointment twice and got denied, I don't know if I'm doing it wrong, is there anyone who can tell me what and what to upload to them for an Emergency appointment to be approved please.

Sorry to hear that.

Documents you need to upload:
I-20,
Admission letter,
Sevis fee receipt,
DS-160,
MRV or VISA fee receipt - if you like.

Can’t tell why you weren’t approved. Would advise you give it another shot.

To me, Abuja still approves EA more than Lagos. Lagos declined my request and it was granted in Abuja.

Cheers!

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 8:40am On Jan 24, 2022
DAramis:

Do you mind dropping the course name and level for the attached picture?

Computer Science.

Master’s degree.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 9:16am On Jan 24, 2022
godguy:
Please i need help and clarification, if you are a foreigner working in another country, during your interview, if you are asked your plan after graduation, what should you say,
1. Going back to your country to work. or

2. Going back to the country where you are currently working?

Please i need assistance on this.

thanks

Man, we all know there's no job in Nigeria, it's not wise to tell them you're returning to Nigeria to look for work, if you have a job there, I think it's a stronger tie to tell them you're returning to your current place of work in a higher capacity, you'll be working there until the company posts you to another location, that's my one cent. Secondly if you're finally using the job to establish ties, use the US embassy in that country, elif come to Nigeria of you'r finally choosing the first option.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by DAramis: 9:25am On Jan 24, 2022
sbot:

Computer Science.

Master’s degree.
Okay bro.
Congrats on this.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 11:03am On Jan 24, 2022
Good morning all. Please I need assistance and possible interview questions for Full time MBA, Northeastern University on Wednesday with the graduate admissions committee via zoom.
Any current student in this platform, justwise, fairheart, nairalanders please help me out.I need to ace this interview.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by gbarinze(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2022
Babnxst93:

Although you don't have your I-20 yet and you've not paid the SEVIS fee, you can still go ahead to book a date for your interview. This is the trick: Pay the visa/MVR fee. Commence the DS-160 process and save your Application ID, you will not complete or submit the form as you don't have your SEVIS ID yet, however, proceed to book a date with the Application ID. Once you have your SEVIS ID, complete and submit the DS-160 form, but this must be done within 30 days.
Remember, you'll have to pay the SEVIS fee 3 days before your interview date.

sbot:

No.

You’d need a ds-160 form ID. Before you can obtain this ID, you’d need to fill an online form (ds-160) with your SEVIS ID which is contained in your form I-20.

Cheers!

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dfutbolar: 11:52am On Jan 24, 2022
Chukchukwudi14:

You are requesting for EA at the wrong time. You are supposed to apply for it 120days before your resumption. If you apply for it in May, I'm sure it will be approved. However, you've already been denied twice and can't request for another. You either use the date given to you or pay a new visa fee to reapply.
On the other hand, try to reschedule occasionally you just might be lucky to see a favorable date

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 12:03pm On Jan 24, 2022
Tulacious123:
Good morning all. Please I need assistance and possible interview questions for Full time MBA, Northeastern University on Wednesday with the graduate admissions committee via zoom.
Any current student in this platform, justwise, fairheart, nairalanders please help me out.I need to ace this interview.Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
gbarinze:

Babnxst93:

Although you don't have your I-20 yet and you've not paid the SEVIS fee, you can still go ahead to book a date for your interview. This is the trick: Pay the visa/MVR fee. Commence the DS-160 process and save your Application ID, you will not complete or submit the form as you don't have your SEVIS ID yet, however, proceed to book a date with the Application ID. Once you have your SEVIS ID, complete and submit the DS-160 form, but this must be done within 30 days.
Remember, you'll have to pay the SEVIS fee 3 days before your interview date.

Nice to know. Appreciate you

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ezichi123:
Happy Sunday brethren. I have asked countless questions for clarifications but got no reply. I plead someone answers me this time around.
I base abroad as a Master's student and I just started my first semester before I got an Admission to studying MBA in one of the schools in the USA. The Master's I am doing here is not in my best interest and I need to drop and go for the US MBA , where I have more prospects. I am at lost on what defense I should give to the VO when asked why am living my present studies to the one in US. I have a work here also which the company is standing as my Affidavit of support. The Company is expanding to Nigeria where I will take up a Managerial position after my MBA, and that is one of the reasons I am going for the MBA instead of continuing the present studies. Please I need a helpful advice from anyone who can � �.

Which country are you currently? Reason I asked is that, there’s different ways VO ask questions (it is base on the country you’re being interviewed in), so check past transcripts from folks that have been interviewed there before, Don’t use Lag and Abuja to judge or to prepare. From there you would see similar case.

Overall, you would let the VO know how USA is this and that (pros); una addition you got a better offer that aligns more with your career goals (long and short term).

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 12:14pm On Jan 24, 2022
sbot:
Can someone help with affordable flight to the USA, please?

Possibly if there’re any discount(s) too.

Would appreciate the pricing too.

Thank you.

Just go directly to the airline 9ja offices. If you’re in Abuja and/or Lagos. That’s the best bet.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Tulacious123: 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
[quote author=Tulacious123 post=109649185][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ezichi123: 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
Moshkom:

Which country are you currently? Reason I asked is that, there’s different ways VO ask questions (it is base on the country you’re being interviewed in), so check past transcripts from folks that have been interviewed there before, Don’t use Lag and Abuja to judge or to prepare. From there you would see similar case.

Overall, you would let the VO know how USA is this and that (pros); una addition you got a better offer that aligns more with your career goals (long and short term).

Goodluck!

Thanks for your timely reply. I base in Germany and I will be having my interview here in Germany. I can't see any forum where I can get the transcript of people that have gone through the same route with me. If you have any, I don't mind getting it from you. Thanks yiu once more
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kirusky4life(f): 12:51pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hi Fam, I have been trying to create an appointment account for over 2 weeks now, but I keep getting the error messages in the screenshot. I already had different ppl assist me but same issue. Any idea how i can bypass this?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sorsor(m): 1:09pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please as regards my DS-160 form, the company i work with is my sponsor, so under the segment "who is the person/entity paying for your trip?
should i choose "PRESENT EMPLOYER OR OTHER COMPANY/ORGANIZATION?'

Am a bit confuse here please help a bro...thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by djkolz: 1:22pm On Jan 24, 2022
Send a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com.

See the one I sent below when I had the same issue and an account was created for me in 15 minutes.

Hello Team,

Please I’m unable to create a new account, Whenever I try, I get an error message.

I would be happy if you can kindly help me create cgifederal account so I can schedule an appointment.

Please find the error message below and attached.

Kirusky4life:
Hi Fam, I have been trying to create an appointment account for over 2 weeks now, but I keep getting the error messages in the screenshot. I already had different ppl assist me but same issue. Any idea how i can bypass this?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sorsor(m): 1:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
sorsor:

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE BROS

my contact over there has helped me pay my Sevis fee($350) through western union check/money order but it has not reflected so as for me to print out my receipt, does it take that long to reflect?

[s]please house i need answer on this...thanks[/s]

wow it has reflected, it didn't take up to a week self and i was thinking it will take up to 2wks as written in their website

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by learner007(m): 2:52pm On Jan 24, 2022
Osidowu:

My advice isn't from an experience perspective but from personal research and pro advices on this platform and others.

First, I think Northeastern University is a better school for MBA. I understand your decision is based on cost which is valid.
But since you are taking the Mpower loan route, I am sure they fund Northeastern MBA also, why not get a better education with high employment prospect.

Let me tell you about a few iceing on cake about Northeastern.
1) you can also get a GA position at Northeastern when you resume. (Although just like every school it's highly competitive and not guaranteed) However, there are a lot more opportunities on campus to make money for graduate students.
2) You could make about 70-80% of your total cost of education while studying through their one-of-kind corporate residency program. You could extend your co-op to up to 12months if you want to make more money.
3) Northeastern has a huge following and partnership with top recruiting companies.
4) Be rest assure you will land a good job with an MBA at Northeastern University of course with hard work.

Secondly, your second offer at Virginia looks good but July is a long wait bro. If I were you, I would tidy up my loan application and start my visa application. No time bro!.

I hope you are not mistaking Northeastern for Northwestern [Kellogg Business School]? Though NE still has it better than VT.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Moshkom(m): 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
Ezichi123:

Thanks for your timely reply. I base in Germany and I will be having my interview here in Germany. I can't see any forum where I can get the transcript of people that have gone through the same route with me. If you have any, I don't mind getting it from you. Thanks yiu once more

Try YouTube. If you didn’t get Germany own, you can use that of another European country as case study. Like, I once has a person that did hers in Ukraine, she lemme know how her and the interview there do last for more mins unlike the just 2-5mins here in 9ja. Just try do more search and work with that. It’s even more good you’ve idea about how ours is here, so more and adequate preparation for you.

Like I said then, elaborate more on HOW THE USA OFFER is MORE BETTER THAN GERMANY own, you can even add language ‘barrier’ to let your points sell more to them, if you’re funded, include it, “Aside the fact that I am fully funded, . . .”
But be more of your career goals and how USA degree is well recognize and accepted here (9ja) by major employe(es/ers)

Luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Kirusky4life(f): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
djkolz:
Send a mail to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com.

See the one I sent below when I had the same issue and an account was created for me in 15 minutes.

Hello Team,

Please I’m unable to create a new account, Whenever I try, I get an error message.

I would be happy if you can kindly help me create cgifederal account so I can schedule an appointment.

Please find the error message below and attached.

Thank you. I will email them immediately.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
Three(3) things:

1. VISA approval.
2. Bad decisions.
3. Approaches.

First attempt
Visa Approved
COA: $59k

V.O: Have you traveled out of Nigeria before?
Me: No

V.O: You’re going for your Master’s in computer science.
Me: Yes

V.O: Why Computer Science?
Me: It’s my childhood dream, studied it through my undergraduate and I currently do have a six(6) years experience as a senior software engineer.

V.O: How would you be paying for your tuition?
Me: Got some 25% discount off the tuition, would personally offset the living expenses, a sponsor would cover the remaining tuition

V.O: What does your sponsor do?
(Sadly, would not be stating this for some personal reasons, please bear with me)

V.O: What’re you coming back to Nigeria for?
Me: Head of Engineering

V.O: How many staff does your company have?
Me: 50

V.O: You’re already a senior engineer, what’re you coming back for again?
Me: Head of engineering

V.O: Congratulations, I’m approving your visa and would be keeping your passport. Have this white paper for more information on how to pick up your passport in three(3) working days.
Me: Thank you, appreciate it.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:37pm On Jan 24, 2022
sbot:
Three(3) things:

1. VISA approval.
2. Bad decisions.
3. Approaches.

1. What if my flight got cancelled?

Left Lagos to Abuja on Green Africa (quite affordable), flight was meant for 7:10pm but rescheduled to 9:35pm.
Interview was meant for 9:15am the following day. So, I really didn’t have ample times to quickly look for another flight.

2. I did put up with a friend instead of booking an hotel few minutes away from the airport

We left home for about 7:30am and got caught up in an unusual traffic. Had to alight and walked some 15mins. before getting another ride, got to the embassy at 9:00am for an interview meant for 9:15am.

What does this mean?
I’d most likely be under pressure as I’m running hard against schedule. This isn’t where you want to be.

Quite an hard one. This very close friend of mine wouldn’t have forgiven me if I didn’t put up with him, BUT,

If I’m to advise anyone, do book an hotel some walking distance to the embassy.

3. Hold enough cash
I had some N600 left on me, neither had no phone nor an ATM card on me. Dropped my personal effects with my good friend who checked in at his workplace.
Paid N500 to have someone arrange my documents at the entrance.

Was lucky enough to have someone order a ride for me and also paid for same to the tune of a N500. Dashed security guys the remaining N100 left on me.

Thank God I did collect my friends office address and contact and penned it down.

The Bolt driver was kind enough in calling him to coming out to get me from outside his office.

The bad part is; the fact that I was rushing because I was running late would probably mean I’d forget to get this friends contact penned down.

I’m not familiar with the terrains of Abuja, by the way.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by sbot: 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
sbot:
Three(3) things:

1. VISA approval.
2. Bad decisions.
3. Approaches.

1. Pack your documents days to your appointment. Print those things and use colored for those in colored.

Appointment confirmation
Ds-160 confirmation
I-20
SEVIS fee receipt
Visa fee receipt
Int'l passport (if you have renewed, go with all of the passports you’ve ever had)
Passport photograph (min. of 2 copies)
Admission letter
Funding letter and
Statement of account

2. Maintain Positivity:
Sadly, not everyone would get approved. You’d see blue papers flying around. But should you get one, not the end of the world.
You’ve come a long way, from expenses and all. This isn’t no time to give up. Stay positive.

3. No pressures
From hearsay, ‘you’d be disorganized when you see people getting denied’,
My observation is you need to keep yourself in checks and know that your case/reality might be different.

To be honest, at a point, I felt like taking an excuse to go ease myself just to avoid a particular V.O that was issuing out blue papers, but no, I summoned courage and went to meet him.

4. Strategize:
Had some songs I penned down at the interview location while I was seated and I started singing and nodding to them
- You’ve got time and seasons in your hands… (You’re God from beginning to the end…)
- It is done (Rev. 14:13)
- He doesn’t want you to cry, He just needs you to fly…

This helped calming me down. Wasn’t even thinking of how I’d be answering no question. I knew God’s got me and even if it doesn’t happen at this time, I have confidence in Christ that it probably isn’t God’s timing for me (refer to the first song above).

5. Prepare to the best of your ability.
Sadly, I didn’t take no mock interview(s) not like I didn’t want to but really didn’t find someone because I was just lazy to find one. Howbeit, I read quite a couple of transcripts on here.
Remember number 4 point above? Stay calm, God is in control of your life.

6. Come correct:
V.O isn’t no demon. Talk to them as if you are to a friend/brother during an interview.

Sadly, you do not pass all interviews in the real world. I’m a testimony to this, failed many interviews but we keep it moving.

You’re there to prove why you need to be issued a visa. This isn’t no politicking. Not sure you can bribe no one at this point.

Maintain your frame and confidence with the mindset that it isn’t the end of the world. We all have our realities at different point in time.

If possible, attend interviews in the outside world and fail, that would help boost your confidence.

To be brutally honest, one V.O that issued blue papers might be justified.
The way the people presented their cases, you can tell what the outcome would be.
Howbeit, maybe pressures and all did contribute to their disposition (Not easy at all)

He’d look through you and wants you to present your case logically. I think I do agree they’re psychologists at this point.

7. Ask questions when not clear
I did ask the V.O to repeat a few questions I didn’t get. Remember you’re talking to someone that’s like your friend?
Don’t be afraid. It’s better to get the question than digress unnecessarily. That can be annoying.
Damn it, it’s either a yes or a no. They’re not going to kill you. Please ask when not clear.

8. If possible, fill your DS-160 yourself.

9. Your reality is different

10. Have you travelled out before?
This in some way(s) would likely disorganize you due to things you must have heard especially if you are not travelled. I believe there’s a first time to doing things.
Maintain your frame and confidence. This is no time to start thinking of what people have been saying.
You probably still have an opportunity to turn things around to your favor.

11. He makes all things beautiful in His time.
You not getting it probably has a reason. Should you give up on your dreams? I do not think so.
Brace yourself up, the journey is still far but the victory is ahead. Just like the eagle teaches the eaglet how to fly, He doesn’t want you to give up, He wants you to fly.

The peace of the Lord be with you, Amen!

31 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (724) (725) (726) (727) (728) (729) (730) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: Moytim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.