Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1638151 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
urchdiya:
I have my ds-160 form filled for Lagos at the place i’d like to do the interview. Since lagos dates are taking forever, can I book appointment for Abuja even when my ds-160 is Lagos?
nah change it to Abuja or refill but it must correspond
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NigPatriot(m): 11:52pm On Mar 20, 2021
Diamondjuli:
I was denied visa in Thursday last week and I want to reapply, can I create a new visa application profile or I should use the old one?

Sorry for your denial. Please share your transcript. As for your question, you're definitely going to pay another visa fee and a new application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by bigfrancis21: 1:21am On Mar 21, 2021
Choicexx:
Chai! this Amelica studies nobi small o

SEVIS $350.00
VISA FEE $160.00
WES evaluation (if applicable) $160
GMAT/GRE $250/205
Application fees (say three schools) $150
FedX/ DHL $100
Plane ticket $1100 approx.
Totaling about $2270

Hmm open to correction of the figures or if I omitted any cost too grin

The plane ticket itself can vary from $500 to $1100, depending on how far out in advance the travel date is from the day that you booked. Also, the US airport that you're landing in could make a difference. Two people I know booked their flights for $450 last year December, Lagos to IAD (Washington DC). Apparently, landing in DC seems to be the cheapest I've seen so far.

WES fee will cost more than that as you have to add the cost of sending your transcript to WES and paying for additional copies to be sent to any extra schools that you are applying to (only the first WES copy is free). This WES fee could also be waived if you choose to apply to schools that don't require WES from international applicants.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Offspringofdave: 3:54am On Mar 21, 2021
Malone122:
nah change it to Abuja or refill but it must correspond

You can make use of it...just make sure the application code correspond with the ds160

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by pitman10: 5:14am On Mar 21, 2021
Asking on behalf of a family friend, can someone with HND go for master’s degree in the US?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by harbeolar168: 5:23am On Mar 21, 2021
Hello,

Has anyone been able to successfully apply for emergency appointment after their initial appointment got canceled? Resumption for summer is in May and I'm yet to get any date for visa interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 21, 2021
Kubrattt:
Thank you, I have done that. I asked if schools with 60% acceptance rate are safe for admission
From my experience, such schools are relatively safe to apply to. I call them medium safety schools. Your profile will go a long way to determining your chances.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 7:36am On Mar 21, 2021
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ztemitope: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2021
Pls guys help me to review my transcript, my interview is approaching
Ztemitope:
Hi guys. I joined this thread recently and I've read a lot of people's transcripts so I made my proposed transcript.

Please, your opinions will be of great use to me

P.S: my interview is next week

Me: good morning
VO: good morning

VO: Pass your i20 and passport
Me: *hands it over*

VO: why do you want to go to the US
Me: I want to go to Cleveland State University to study and acquire my bachelor's degree in health care management

VO: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: two schools

VO: and how many gave you admission?
Me: both

VO: Name them
Me: Cleveland State University and Texas State University

VO: how did you get to know about CSU?
Me: After i heard about the school in an educational fairs i conducted my personal research on it and i learnt that it's a school that offers great quality of education and great diversity and it's also a universities whose requirements matched my profile.

VO: Why Health Care Management
Me: Health Care Management focus on developing business skills for health related professional, Having an understanding of business principles, the unique challenges facing health care today as well as how management and medicine can provide a competitive edges when seeking career in health care

VO: why do you want to study in the United States
Me: when it's comes to new research United States is leader,also a degree in the us is well respected and high ranked

VO: what will this degree do for you
Me: it's will help me to have better understanding in how an organization function properly and how to bring out the best in member of an organization as a health care manager i can oversee a special department or team in a department

VO: why did you decide to pick Cleveland State University
Me: Asides that i was given a partial scholarship, Cleveland State University is a public research University that will support and encourage my research

VO: what types of research
Me: Rehabilitation of brain injury

VO: Any standardized exam
Me: Yes, SAT (1150)

VO: what are your study plans
Me: 5 core courses for 15 credit hours which are principle of Management, organizational behavior, American health care system, Management of health care organization

VO: when did you finish your high school
Me: 2017

VO: What have been doing since then
Me: After my secondary school i wrote jamb in 2019, I am currently in year 1 in Fedpoly ede studying science lab tech

VO: What are your plan after study
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to use the knowledge and experience i acquire from my study in Cleveland State University to advance my health related career and also use it to work in an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and Federal ministry of health in Nigeria

VO: I see you have a partial scholarship, who will be shouldering the remaining responsibilities
Me: my mom

VO: what does she do
Me: She has a supermarket in which she sells foodstuffs in bulk

VO: Pass me an evidence

Constructive criticism is allowed, please
Any other possible questions that could be asked too, will be much appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Seunbankole2: 8:32am On Mar 21, 2021
@walspring is the best �� Tested and trusted !

I made a payment of N66k for the GRE which is more than the official price of $226 (>= N86k). It took a little less than a week to confirm the order. He called and kept me updated about everything till the order was confirmed.
I’m saying a very big thank you to walspring that made the GRE affordable due to the discount offered.
God would continue to bless you Walspring .
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Damilare68: 8:44am On Mar 21, 2021
Filled my CGI for Lagos and realized earliest appointment is Jan 4 2022. Got a warning that I am approaching number of times to check the scheduled page, so I am staying away for now. Hope this Lagos is not once chance so. Haven't booked because I am trying to avoid rescheduling and the hassle of emergency appointment. I will appreciate advise. will Lagos dates still drop for Fall 2021?

how many hours should one stay away to avoid being banned from checking the schedule page?

please. help with response.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Munaxara: 9:18am On Mar 21, 2021
Ztemitope:
Hi guys. I joined this thread recently and I've read a lot of people's transcripts so I made my proposed transcript.

Please, your opinions will be of great use to me

P.S: my interview is next week

VO: good morning

VO: Pass your i20 and passport

VO: why do you want to go to the US
Me: I want to go to Cleveland State University to study and acquire my bachelor's degree in health care management

VO: how many schools did you apply to?
Me: two schools

VO: and how many gave you admission?
Me: both

VO: Name them
Me: Cleveland State University and Texas State University

VO: how did you get to know about CSU?
Me: After i heard about the school in an educational fairs i conducted my personal research on it and i learnt that it's a school that offers great quality of education and great diversity and it's also a universities whose requirements matched my profile.

VO: Why Health Care Management
Me: Health Care Management focus on developing business skills for health related professional, Having an understanding of business principles, the unique challenges facing health care today as well as how management and medicine can provide a competitive edges when seeking career in health care

VO: why do you want to study in the United States
Me: when it's comes to new research United States is leader,also a degree in the us is well respected and high ranked

VO: what will this degree do for you
Me: it's will help me to have better understanding in how an organization function properly and how to bring out the best in member of an organization as a health care manager i can oversee a special department or team in a department

VO: why did you decide to pick Cleveland State University
Me: Asides that i was given a partial scholarship, Cleveland State University is a public research University that will support and encourage my research

VO: what types of research
Me: Rehabilitation of brain injury

VO: Any standardized exam
Me: Yes, SAT (1150)

VO: what are your study plans
Me: 5 core courses for 15 credit hours which are principle of Management, organizational behavior, American health care system, Management of health care organization

VO: when did you finish your high school
Me: 2017

VO: What have been doing since then
Me: After my secondary school i wrote jamb in 2019, I am currently in year 1 in Fedpoly ede studying science lab tech

VO: What are your plan after study
Me: I plan to come back to Nigeria to use the knowledge and experience i acquire from my study in Cleveland State University to advance my health related career and also use it to work in an Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities and Federal ministry of health in Nigeria

VO: I see you have a partial scholarship, who will be shouldering the remaining responsibilities
Me: my mom

VO: what does she do
Me: She has a supermarket in which she sells foodstuffs in bulk

VO: Pass me an evidence

Constructive criticism is allowed, please
Any other possible questions that could be asked too, will be much appreciated. Thanks

Cleveland has given admission??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Diamondjuli: 9:22am On Mar 21, 2021
Damilare68:
Filled my CGI for Lagos and realized earliest appointment is Jan 4 2022. Got a warning that I am approaching number of times to check the scheduled page, so I am staying away for now. Hope this Lagos is not once chance so. Haven't booked because I am trying to avoid rescheduling and the hassle of emergency appointment. I will appreciate advise. will Lagos dates still drop for Fall 2021?

how many hours should one stay away to avoid being banned from checking the schedule page?

please. help with response.

It will still drop. Abuja has available date for April 14. To avoid been banned it think if you click more than 7times you will be banned but the ban is lifted in 24hrs
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jhidey08(m): 10:11am On Mar 21, 2021
Malone122:
I am based in Lagos that’s why I’m rooting for Lagos
Yeah I can see dates in Abuja but not Lagos
Oh! I see. But then if the desirable is unavailable, the available becomes desirable. I suggest you start thinking of possibilities of having your interview in Abuja, although there’s still time for new dates to be available in Lagos.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 10:21am On Mar 21, 2021
jhidey08:

Oh! I see. But then if the desirable is unavailable, the available becomes desirable. I suggest you start thinking of possibilities of having your interview in Abuja, although there’s still time for new dates to be available in Lagos.
sigh the honest truth . Going back to that embassy in Abuja chai makes me cringe but I hope dates pops in Lagos unless we back to base Abuja
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by jhidey08(m): 11:26am On Mar 21, 2021
Malone122:
sigh the honest truth . Going back to that embassy in Abuja chai makes me cringe but I hope dates pops in Lagos unless we back to base Abuja
Whatever the case may be, I wish you all the best this time around.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by TrillionBrains(m): 12:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hey guys! Trust y’all having a great Sunday...

Please I want to enquire the chances of a 2014 high school grad been approved of a student visa for undergrad studies for Fall 2021 cry

Ps: Been working/cooperate job as well as taking online upskilling courses since then
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ztemitope: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Yes
Munaxara:

Cleveland has given admission??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Elnon: 12:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin...NO BE SMALL TIN O
Choicexx:
Chai! this Amelica studies nobi small o

SEVIS $350.00
VISA FEE $160.00
WES evaluation (if applicable) $160
GMAT/GRE $250/205
Application fees (say three schools) $150
FedX/ DHL $100
Plane ticket $1100 approx.
Totaling about $2270

Hmm open to correction of the figures or if I omitted any cost too grin
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by emmanuelle27: 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
Well if you need help from those who can, then share a proper transcript and they'll guess we're to correct or help you from, you told him, you told him is undefined, told him what exactly sir?
Diamondjuli:
VO: good morning, how are you?

After the thumbprint

VO: have you been to the US before?
Me: no I haven’t

VO: which other countries have you been to?
Me: I told him

VO: what year?
I told him

VO: Where did you stay
I told him

VO: What’s your qualifications?
I told him

VO: how will you pay for your tuition?
Me: my sponsor is paying

VO: who is your sponsor?
Me: my uncle

VO: what does he do?
Me: he works with (and i stuttered) before telling him

VO: sorry we cannot grant you visa at this time... he handed me the green slip.

I was tensed and was talking fast that was why I stuttered. I hope to reapply again on Monday.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Choicexx(m): 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2021
bigfrancis21:

The plane ticket itself can vary from $500 to $1100, depending on how far out in advance the travel date is from the day that you booked. Also, the US airport that you're landing in could make a difference. Two people I know booked their flights for $450 last year December, Lagos to IAD (Washington DC). Apparently, landing in DC seems to be the cheapest I've seen so far.

WES fee will cost more than that as you have to add the cost of sending your transcript to WES and paying for additional copies to be sent to any extra schools that you are applying to (only the first WES copy is free). This WES fee could also be waived if you choose to apply to schools that don't require WES from international applicants.

Very well ,Senior smiley
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Choicexx(m): 2:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
Elnon:
grin grin grin grin grin grin...NO BE SMALL TIN O

Hmm bro
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by customised87: 3:25pm On Mar 21, 2021
Nicerazor:
I got a response via email from a school rep on Monday but yet to get the i20.
You should get the admission decision within few days of submitting your transcripts and all other docs.

Thanks for responding.
Did you submit GRE and IELTS scores?
Did you do WES evaluation?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
@justwise, I sent you a mail. Kindly respond.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babyboy2020: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
pls message me
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babyboy2020: 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
[quote author=Diamondjuli post=100060520]

pls can i message you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Babyboy2020: 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
we can practise together
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nicerazor(m): 5:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
I didn’t do any of those, I got admitted since last year but had to defer to fall 2021 coz of COVID 19.
customised87:

Thanks for responding.
Did you submit GRE and IELTS scores?
Did you do WES evaluation?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Solasho: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Hi guys,
Please how many months of account statement is required for F1visa interview?

Please treat as urgent. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by dodoyinsolar202: 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Solasho:
Hi guys, Please how many months of account statement is required for F1visa interview?
Hi. Six month bank statement.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Solasho:
Hi guys,
Please how many months of account statement is required for F1visa interview?

6 months
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
omolorlarh:

Well, try calling again. Hopefully, someone else would help out. A friend has done this before.
please not to take too much of your time I would really appreciate if you can tell me how your friend put it to them so I can use the same method God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.