Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,149 members, 7,780,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1618800 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:18pm On Apr 26, 2022
Femotech123:
Propose Transcript
Third attempt
Degree: Bachelor
Course: Political science
COA: $23699
Personal funding: : $2500
Scholarship: pending…
School name: EIU

VO: why are going to USA
ME: I’m going to USA for my bachelor degree in political science at EIU.

VO: why did you chose this course
Me: I chose this course because is fundamental to understand my right and responsibility as a citizen to understand international politics and law. These course will introduce me to political concepts, political behavior, policy issue and structure of govt within my societies and among nations.

VO: How many school did you apply to
Me: 3 which are ksu, EIU, university of Minnesota

VO: why did you chose this school
Me: EIU is one of the cheapest school in the USA, according to us news and world Report in 2015 they are ranked at the No 1 highest public regional Uni in IL and No 5 in the Midwest USA. And also they give student good scholarship and a big university experience and opportunity collaboration between the students and professors is strongly encouraged.

VO: what has changed
Me: I was a bit nervous in my last two interview and have also changed school and course ( please haven’t know what I can really say for that question but my two attempt was ksu with a course in social work and no funding) please just enlighten me on what to say here pls

VO: when did you finish your high school and what have you been up to
Me: I finished my high school in 2014. After my high school I went to acquire a skill in computer repair between 7-Jan-2015 and 17-Jan-2017 the same year I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at poly IB between feb-2017 and oct-27-2019 and I undergo for a compulsory industrial training/attachment base on the course at ABK south LG which i was later retained there to work till this moment. ( that is what I actually involved in the gaps is much I know almost 8yrs my age is 24 ooo)

VO: what will this course do for you
Me: This course will equip me with an understanding of the political institution and laws that govern all business functions m, it will also sharpen me to understand organizational dynamics and women relation and prepare me take part in the political life in my community and the nation which is my ambition.

VO: what will you do when you return/ plan
Me: I intend to come back to Nigeria to continue my work at the LG where I work presently but in higher position I might be promoted to the state secretariat or to the federal secretariat. I also plan to start my political career by joining a party and get more involved in community activities at the local level to be more and well recognized between and beyond my jurisdiction.

VO: How did you hear about this school
Me: when I concluded on having my bachelor degree I use educational website such as us news and google to search for cheapest school that offer political science I came across EIU.

VO: who is your sponsor and what does he do?
Me: My Brother is sponsoring me and will be supported by my dad also . My brother is a politician he was the formal deputy chairman of XYZ between 2015 and 2019 and he is aspiring for xyz in 20xyz and he is also into real estate developer while my dad is a contractor in xyz company in Lagos.

My input is that you should have wait to secure funding ist,yea.It will greatly help you this time and changing course is a very big red flag.

I wish you luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kennyblack94: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
Evaowokotomo:
Please what is COA and power loan? So sorry, I am new.

COA- Cost of Attendance
MPOWER loan- Is a private Education loan company
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by kennyblack94: 9:36pm On Apr 26, 2022
Samongo:
Good evening everyone

I recently got admitted to study MSc Construction Engineering and Management for Fall 2022 semester. My COA is 53k, no funding at the moment but I was able to secure Mpower loan of 50k and planning to use my Dad as sponsor to cover the balance of 3k. I will be applying for visa as soon as possible and I will like to have an idea of the questions I can expecting and the best way to tackle them. Also, please anyone who has applied with Mpower loan, kindly share your experience. Thanks

Same shoe with you..

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaniyi55: 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2022
I will be attending
OldGuard:
Anyone going to Oklahoma state University here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by OladeleEniola01: 10:28pm On Apr 26, 2022
I'm finding it difficult to upload my Passport photograph on ds160

How do I go about it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:33pm On Apr 26, 2022
REDKEV:
Please Can Someone Kindly help me with some names of the School in USA so that i inquire about them and apply for it
I have finished Undergraduate program and Wish to Do my master in USA.
Anybody with Good Information about a good school that offer any thing related to computer science should let me know because i did my first degree in computer science and which to further more in a related cause.
some cause like SISCO, DATABASE, technology related etc.

Please it is very urgent .

Why can’t you use Google? If you are concerned about the privacy of your information you can use secured website like start page. It is easy to search for schools in the US doing computer science. You are just one click away.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:34pm On Apr 26, 2022
OladeleEniola01:
I'm finding it difficult to upload my Passport photograph on ds160

How do I go about it

Did you check the passport size and illumination level. Your passport should be well illuminated and with the embassy standard size.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Pefuele(m): 10:39pm On Apr 26, 2022
amojoawo:
I cancelled my Lagos appointment and EA request today so I can switch to Abuja. I was able to use the same MRV fee and still saw the Emergency appointment tab on the CGI portal after updating my profile with a new DS160. However, After submitting another EA request to Abuja, I noticed that the EA tab is now gone on the portal. Did anyone experience this?
It did show that my application is now under review after submitting but just wondering why the EA tab is now gone.

For those that switched to Abuja recently, did you also observe this?
Thanks

It is good to ask here but you can also call the US embassy for clarification. Best!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 11:12pm On Apr 26, 2022
Femotech123:
Propose Transcript
Third attempt
Degree: Bachelor
Course: Political science
COA: $23699
Personal funding: : $2500
Scholarship: pending…
School name: EIU

VO: why are going to USA
ME: I’m going to USA for my bachelor degree in political science at EIU.

VO: why did you chose this course
Me: I chose this course because is fundamental to understand my right and responsibility as a citizen to understand international politics and law. These course will introduce me to political concepts, political behavior, policy issue and structure of govt within my societies and among nations.

VO: How many school did you apply to
Me: 3 which are ksu, EIU, university of Minnesota

VO: why did you chose this school
Me: EIU is one of the cheapest school in the USA, according to us news and world Report in 2015 they are ranked at the No 1 highest public regional Uni in IL and No 5 in the Midwest USA. And also they give student good scholarship and a big university experience and opportunity collaboration between the students and professors is strongly encouraged.

VO: what has changed
Me: I was a bit nervous in my last two interview and have also changed school and course ( please haven’t know what I can really say for that question but my two attempt was ksu with a course in social work and no funding) please just enlighten me on what to say here pls

VO: when did you finish your high school and what have you been up to
Me: I finished my high school in 2014. After my high school I went to acquire a skill in computer repair between 7-Jan-2015 and 17-Jan-2017 the same year I went for a diploma course in local government and development studies at poly IB between feb-2017 and oct-27-2019 and I undergo for a compulsory industrial training/attachment base on the course at ABK south LG which i was later retained there to work till this moment. ( that is what I actually involved in the gaps is much I know almost 8yrs my age is 24 ooo)

VO: what will this course do for you
Me: This course will equip me with an understanding of the political institution and laws that govern all business functions m, it will also sharpen me to understand organizational dynamics and women relation and prepare me take part in the political life in my community and the nation which is my ambition.

VO: what will you do when you return/ plan
Me: I intend to come back to Nigeria to continue my work at the LG where I work presently but in higher position I might be promoted to the state secretariat or to the federal secretariat. I also plan to start my political career by joining a party and get more involved in community activities at the local level to be more and well recognized between and beyond my jurisdiction.

VO: How did you hear about this school
Me: when I concluded on having my bachelor degree I use educational website such as us news and google to search for cheapest school that offer political science I came across EIU.

VO: who is your sponsor and what does he do?
Me: My Brother is sponsoring me and will be supported by my dad also . My brother is a politician he was the formal deputy chairman of XYZ between 2015 and 2019 and he is aspiring for xyz in 20xyz and he is also into real estate developer while my dad is a contractor in xyz company in Lagos.

So to my knowledge, when the VO asks "why you chose this university" most people think its about stating facts about the school is the answer lol, that can be gotten from the internet , you gotta look for something that actually makes sense, for instance you said its "cheap enough for you", that right there is good enough. Stating google fact doesnt necessary give a personal reason why that uni. for instance you can even go ahead and say oh I choose this school
cos its cheap and I also heard it snows in that area during the winter and im really excited to see the snow as I have never experienced it before (my statement is just to make it more personalized to you) you dnt necessary have to state facts about the school that u read on the website. just my opinion

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by krcboy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2022
Pefuele:

Why can’t you use Google? If you are concerned about the privacy of your information you can use secured website like start page. It is easy to search for schools in the US doing computer science. You are just one click away.

lol people are lazy these days, everyone wants it handed to them on a silver platter

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 11:49pm On Apr 26, 2022
krcboy:

So to my knowledge, when the VO asks "why you chose this university" most people think its about stating facts about the school is the answer lol, that can be gotten from the internet , you gotta look for something that actually makes sense, for instance you said its "cheap enough for you", that right there is good enough. Stating google fact doesnt necessary give a personal reason why that uni. for instance you can even go ahead and say oh I choose this school
cos its cheap and I also heard it snows in that area
during the winter and im really excited to see the snow as I have never experienced it before (my statement is just to make it more personalized to you) you dnt necessary have to state facts about the school that u read on the website. just my opinion
Thanks brother I really appreciate please check your mail okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 11:53pm On Apr 26, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

My input is that you should have wait to secure funding ist,yea.It will greatly help you this time and changing course is a very big red flag.

I wish you luck

Oh is that real ? Another red flag but will they still have someone course of study still? Since we aren’t mentioned it in our ds 160 or any application just on our i20 only
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ahmavi: 11:55pm On Apr 26, 2022
Good morning,
Please did anyone applied to western Illinois University?
It’s important please. �
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JungleboyT(m): 12:14am On Apr 27, 2022
Hi Guys,

Please I'm getting sponsorship from my dad's friend company (he owns the company and ready to support with the COA and even ready to issue a letter of support). What are my chances of getting my visa approved without any query?

And again, for how long must the supporting funds be in an account, to be accepted by the VO as palatable?
No time period? just few days? or a month?

Thanks in advance.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ny11: 3:00am On Apr 27, 2022
yes. May 17th was the first available date I chose. I was able to choose an earlier date of May 5th a few days later. You need to choose what’s immediately available and keep trying for a better date before the EA approval expires.
amojoawo:
My EA request got approved today after switching to Abuja from Lagos (after waiting a month with no response from Lagos) with the same MRV fee. Please if I pick the earliest available date, would I be able to reschedule if another earlier date shows up? Please does anybody know if an earlier date would even show up?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by urchdiya(f): 4:53am On Apr 27, 2022
Someone filling DS-160 for the purpose of visiting her child in the US to assist with her grandchild, please which of the following category of B1/B2 should the person select

1. Business/Personal (B1/B2)
2. Tourism/Medical (B2)
3. Business (B1)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ninab: 7:33am On Apr 27, 2022
Hi everyone ,
Please how do I get date for interview ?
I just finished filling my form for F1 visa and I am new to this trend

Please someone help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by ninab: 7:40am On Apr 27, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

There is a WhatsApp group for that.Send me a mail to add you up if you interested

Pls I sent a mail ,kindly respond I need to be added to the watsap group for date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Captaintitan(m): 7:57am On Apr 27, 2022
Pay for your mrv fee at gtbank ; then proceed to register for a new visa account from the official us embassy Nigeria site ; they’d link you to a site where you’d apply for a visa; fill all the requested details and schedule an interview date
ninab:
Hi everyone ,
Please how do I get date for interview ?
I just finished filling my form for F1 visa and I am new to this trend

Please someone help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:17am On Apr 27, 2022
krcboy:

cos its cheap and I also heard it snows in that area during the winter and im really excited to see the snow as I have never experienced it before (my statement is just to make it more personalized to you) you dnt necessary have to state facts about the school that u read on the website. just my opinion

Exactly the point, not all those ranking ranking ,lol.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2022
ninab:

Pls I sent a mail ,kindly respond I need to be added to the watsap group for date

I received all the emails and have responded to all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:18am On Apr 27, 2022
urchdiya:
Someone filling DS-160 for the purpose of visiting her child in the US to assist with her grandchild, please which of the following category of B1/B2 should the person select

1. Business/Personal (B1/B2)
2. Tourism/Medical (B2)
3. Business (B1)

1.B1/B2

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ijchichi5190: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2022
Femotech123:

Oh is that real ? Another red flag but will they still have someone course of study still? Since we aren’t mentioned it in our ds 160 or any application just on our i20 only

I dont really get your question,,but from your transcript you have attended visa interview bfo right and submitted ds 160 for that right?

They see changes in your ds once they open your info,yes.They will see that you filled this course the ist time and now changed to another .

So get ready to explain why the change of course if you re asked.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sunkanmi64: 9:37am On Apr 27, 2022
Good morning guys, please I have a question.
Can I apply for a US study visa when I have a pending Canadian Study permit application?
I look forward to hearing from the gurus. Thank you very much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Promoter2: 9:50am On Apr 27, 2022
Taymee75:
How do i go about it please?

If you use Crypto here, you can easily convert the cash you want to send by buying Crypto via P2P on any reliable platform e.g Binance.

You send to the receiver's address, they can decide to withdraw to bank if the State they stay allows Crypto transactions or they could p2p too.

If you don't know how it works just forget about it before you'll lose the money.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SammyT95(m): 10:38am On Apr 27, 2022
Walspring:

Just paid my SEVIS fee through Walspring, supper fast and reliable.

100% recommended!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Femotech123: 10:44am On Apr 27, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

I dont really get your question,,but from your transcript you have attended visa interview bfo right and submitted ds 160 for that right?

They see changes in your ds once they open your info,yes.They will see that you filled this course the ist time and now changed to another .

So get ready to explain why the change of course if you re asked.

Okay bro thanks. Now I understand
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Olaslaze: 10:53am On Apr 27, 2022
Please guys i need urgent help…..My resumption date is June 9 so i requested for an emergency interview date but i got a response yesterday that my request was denied.I thought i attached all the necessary documents which are I-20, Sevis fee, visa fee, ds-160.
I need help please as my resumption date is getting closer and I can’t seem to get a date.
This was the response i got from them:-

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by SammyT95(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2022
Hi, are you able to see the dates now?, What did he mean by "Change it to Regular, you will see date", Is there a "regular" option when filling the appointment form?
HDwayne:
Okay, thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Officialmzgem: 10:56am On Apr 27, 2022
Hello good morning guys….I applied to study psychology xx college at Arkansas for fall application 2022 though I have been given admission but the problem is that my passport is not ready…when do you think fall interview will start
I need someone to guide me through this process, you can reach me via ogunbonadaramola6@gmail.com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by JungleboyT(m): 10:58am On Apr 27, 2022
Hi Guys,

Please I'm getting sponsorship from my dad's friend company (he owns the company and ready to support with the COA and even ready to issue a letter of support). What are my chances of getting my visa approved without any query?

And again, for how long must the supporting funds be in an account, to be accepted by the VO as palatable?
No time period? just few days? or a month?

Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by UmmZayd: 11:01am On Apr 27, 2022
Femotech123:

Well, your i-20 was requested for each time you were infront of the VO yeah? So yes, they have information about your previous course/program

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.