Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,673 members, 7,801,942 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 - Travel (982) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 (1634545 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) ... (1004) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Flakkybella: 7:41am On Jun 15, 2022
RichProminent:
thank you sir. 07087697805

Please add me to the WhatsApp group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by brymorla(m): 8:35am On Jun 15, 2022
Good Morning the Lord's people..

I will be attending my visa interview in Abuja and i want to put Lagos as my document delivery place, Is this acceptable or it have to be Lagos?please share more light on this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by moses3(m): 8:42am On Jun 15, 2022
TimePiece:
Pls how do I join a Lagos appointment WhatsApp group pls.

I filled in previously refused and can't find any dates.

Am on the same page too. Let someone please advise us. Biko
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IwinosaA(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2022
Pls could you add me to the Abuja Search group. Thank you. I am admitted to Morgan State University, Maryland for fall of 2022. Here's my contact 08162528726.

Where could I run a Medical certificate of fitness, preferably in Abuja or Calabar

CHAIRMAN1:
Could you add me to the Abuja search group please? Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by IwinosaA(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2022
Thank you so much for this reply. It is so so much appreciated.
God Bless You

Pls What is the minimum proof of funds to travel to Maryland USA as an F1 of F2 applicant?

Also I will still love to be added to the Abuja Search group 08162528726

chibertha:
Must I have taken the CoVID vaccine to be given visa or to fly?
No for the visa stage
To fly check your airline of choice and destination country for the most up-to-date details but if you ask me better start and complete when you get here.

How can my wife come along with me. We were not married when I filled the School application form?

Ask your international student office for F2 I-20 for her, and get the following ready for that:
proof of funds
proof of relationship
and
bio data page of her current international passport

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Micheal1989: 9:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

Amen,thank you for these words of encouragement

Please add me to the US F1 appointment date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Micheal1989: 9:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Micheal1989:

Please add me to the US F1 appointment date

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Micheal1989: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=Flakkybella post=113816706]

Please add me to the WhatsApp group
08037700178[/quot
Add me too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by grace2211(f): 9:45am On Jun 15, 2022
ayinkala:
Please i want to be added to the lagos and Abuja search date whatsapp group.please please please

My number:07084162160

Please lagos date search group

https:///IO8IVnsa3ay2qlxs3iqWQ3
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Micheal1989: 9:47am On Jun 15, 2022
Ijchichi5190:

Amen,thank you for these words of encouragement

Please add me to the Group appointment group
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Omoawoke: 9:49am On Jun 15, 2022
This visa date issue is becoming really frustrating.
No dates for Abuja, even EA request is not helping.
Is this how it will continue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Skywalking: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2022
Hi nairalander I’m a graduate of mechanical engineering from osun state university osogbo
I’m really confused about GPA requirement to study masters degree in USA
Because the last time I spoke
With an agent he said I can’t secure an admission with second class lower(2.6 on a scale of 5)

But I checked the school portal
Some schools accept the GPA of last 60 semester unit

the reason for my low CGPA was because I wasn’t serious in my 200,300level but when I calculated my GPA for my last 2year years it’s about 3.87 on a scale of 5

Please FAM I’m really confused on this
I’ll appreciate if I gt someone to enlighten me on this and the schools that will be good

I’ll like to apply for mechanical engineering again in my masters degree

Finished B.ENG 2019

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by oxx4: 11:15am On Jun 15, 2022
Walspring:

Amen and let’s give all thanks to God.
Boss, Abeg I want to pay for SEVIS.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 11:29am On Jun 15, 2022
Santanjack:

God will answer us 7th of july bro
where's your location?
mine is Abuja.

Mine is Abuja too broh!

I pray God be with us that day.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Doubuzofficial: 11:31am On Jun 15, 2022
Mickey2135:

Same please send some to me and how did you get your date

I used EA to get a closer date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Herbertstan: 11:34am On Jun 15, 2022
Mickey2135:

Sir how can I join the Qatar student club?

It’s easy just check online using the keyword “Qatar student club”. You will find instructions on how to join.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by isangjohnson: 12:10pm On Jun 15, 2022
HELP PLEASE!
My younger sister has not been able to send her requested evaluated Wes transcript to Graduate School, Mississippi College.
I'm told the cost of sending is $40 and she had tried using her GTB card but was unable to.
Please, what is the way out?
She applied for PhD Epidemiology in University of Michigan, University of Columbia, New York University and Yale University and got rejection in all. One of the reasons was late submission of applications.
Bsc Wes is 3.36
MSc Wes is 3.59
She contacted one Professor last week in Mississippi College, indicated interest for MSc Applied Exercise Physiology and two of them had zoom meeting.
Now, the Prof. wants her to join her research group next fall. She promised her GA slot next fall also.
Please, how can she pay and send her evaluated Wes transcript to the Graduate School?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AmiableAmmy: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please use a credit card or get someone who can pay using their dollar Visa card
Since a professor in Mississippi college has promised a GA offer I think it’s a ray of hope. She should do a reminder to that effect once in a while.
I hope this information helps.

isangjohnson:
HELP PLEASE!
My younger sister has not been able to send her requested evaluated Wes transcript to Graduate School, Mississippi College.
I'm told the cost of sending is $40 and she had tried using her GTB card but was unable to.
Please, what is the way out?
She applied for PhD Epidemiology in University of Michigan, University of Columbia, New York University and Yale University and got rejection in all. One of the reasons was late submission of applications.
Bsc Wes is 3.36
MSc Wes is 3.59
She contacted one Professor last week in Mississippi College, indicated interest for MSc Applied Exercise Physiology and two of them had zoom meeting.
Now, the Prof. wants her to join her research group next fall. She promised her GA slot next fall also.
Please, how can she pay and send her evaluated Wes transcript to the Graduate School?
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Ceedeon: 12:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Doubuzofficial:

I used EA to get a closer date.

Good morning everyone.... Please my program start date is 15th August and today is 15th June.... Should I go on and use EA now? Or wait for some days? Please respond. God bless you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by AmiableAmmy: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please go ahead and apply. California state universities are not so stringent with their application and admissions offer.
Besides, your GPA to me is very ok for graduate admissions at many of the California state campuses.
Just make sure all other supporting documents speak volumes and are well articulated.

Start off by looking at the program’s requirements which is usually different from the graduate school requirements.. if you meet both the program of your choice and graduate school requirements then you’re good to go.

I hope this information helps.
Best!

Skywalking:
Hi nairalander I’m a graduate of mechanical engineering from osun state university osogbo
With an agent he said I can’t secure an admission with second class lower(2.6 on a scale of 5)

the reason for my low CGPA was because I wasn’t serious in my 200,300level but when I calculated my GPA for my last 2year years it’s about 3.87 on a scale of 5

I’ll appreciate if I gt someone to enlighten me on this and the schools that will be good

Finished B.ENG 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by aysticksz: 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2022
Samongo:
Regular

Did you choose “previously denied” or “Regular” on the cgi portal ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by isangjohnson: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=AmiableAmmy

Thanks for your advice
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:22pm On Jun 15, 2022
Health Alert - U.S. Embassy Abuja (June 14, 2022)

Event: Effective Sunday, June 12, 2022 at 12:01 a.m. EDT, the CDC rescinded its order requiring all airline or other aircraft passengers to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 to board any aircraft destined for travel to the United States from a foreign country. CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers ( https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html).

Actions to Take:

· Review country-specific COVID-19 entry/exit requirements on the Embassy’s COVID-19 information page. [please include hyperlink to your post’s COVID-19 page]

· In accordance with CDC guidance, delay your travel (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html#do-not-travel ) if you test positive for, or have symptoms of, COVID-19.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:24pm On Jun 15, 2022
Pls What is the minimum proof of funds to travel to Maryland USA as an F1 of F2 applicant?

your school will advise you on this

for your COVID vaccination, you might want to see the link below

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

IwinosaA:
Thank you so much for this reply. It is so so much appreciated.
God Bless You

Also I will still love to be added to the Abuja Search group 08162528726

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by NUELUSA2023: 1:25pm On Jun 15, 2022
Please if you have interest in pursuing PhD for Fall 2023 send a PM so we can cooperate. Especially in non stem courses.

Nuel �

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Sunkanmi64: 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
brymorla:
Good Morning the Lord's people..

I will be attending my visa interview in Abuja and i want to put Lagos as my document delivery place, Is this acceptable or it have to be Lagos?please share more light on this
Yes, you can have your interview in Abuja and put Lagos as the document delivery place. I had my interview on Thursday (2nd June) in Abuja and my passport was ready for pickup in Lagos on Monday (6th June).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by chibertha(f): 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
must it be that school and course?
Guy look for another school that can admit you with what you have for an engineering degree for now.
some schools accept 2.5 without GRE and TOEFL even for Mech Eng.

What about doing EHS and specializing in human factors or ergonomics with that you can go on to Ph.D in Robotics Etc.

Mechanical Engineering is too wide to focus on just one thing.

you need not to explain to nobody why you got that CGPA

only statics and dynamics,
fluid mechanics
and
Strength of materials ( shear force and bending moment) fit make person get extra 5 yrs in school if you get yeye leturers in them.

There are so many ways to kill a rat.
Just search.

"na small small them dey catch monkey" according to my pitakwa people

You see these agents run from them na their belle dey them important

Skywalking:

Finished B.ENG 2019

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by guest31: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2022
Hi, if I booked an interview slot for University-A. Now I decided to attend University-B. Can I go to interview for the Univeristy-B? Do I need to fill another DS-160? Please explain what is the process. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jun 15, 2022
chibertha:

your school will advise you on this

for your COVID vaccination, you might want to see the link below

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/proof-of-vaccination.html

Thank you
Nigerians are exempted from the Covid-19 vaccination. I was concerned because I don't intend on being vaccinated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by xxxscholar: 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2022
Chilexeve:

Thanks alot. But please, is it the updated DS 160 that the VO will have before him/her on the interview day or is it the previously filled one ( the one that has some mistakes)?

The updated DS-160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 by guest31: 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2022
xxxscholar:

The updated DS-160

Hi, I have similar question. If i have booked visa interview for university A, and now I want to go to university B. Can I attend the same interview for the university B? Or do I need to cancel visa interview and apply again? What is the process?

(1) (2) (3) ... (979) (980) (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) ... (1004)

General South Africa Visa Enquiries / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.