Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,182 members, 7,807,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki (40698 Views)

I do not know the woman: Diri Dismisses Claims Of Leaking Sifuba's Sextape / Beaten In Germany, Accused Of Forgery, Times Ekweremadu Made Headlines / APC Edo: Why We Withdrew Forgery Case Against Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by smithmoi: 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has dismissed the alleged certificate forgery suit filed against the governor of Edo State, Godwin Obaseki.

Justice Ahmed Mohammed delivered the judgment on Saturday in a suit filed by the All Progressives Party (APC) and a chieftain of the party, Williams Edobor, against the governor.

The APC and Edobor had filed the suit alleging that Governor Obaseki presented a forged certificate to seek re-election in the Edo State governorship election held on September 19, 2020.

According to the plaintiffs, the said document was purportedly issued by the University of Ibadan, while the governor presented same to Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) which conducted the poll.

Before Justice Mohammed delivered the judgement in the suit, counsels to both parties in the matter had closed their cases after they presented witnesses and evidence to the court.

During proceedings on Thursday, lawyer to the Plaintiffs, Akin Olujimi, adopted his final written address.

He urged the court to affirm their position that the governor presented a forged certificate to the electoral umpire and was unfit to occupy the office.

This was, however, rejected by Governor Obaseki’s counsel, Ken Mozia, who asked the court to dismiss the suit over what he described as the plaintiff’s failure to prove their case.

A Dramatic Switch, Yet Same Result
Governor Obaseki contested and won the governorship election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in a bid to extend his stay in office by another four years.

Although he was elected into office for the first term on the APC platform, the governor later defected from the party after he was screened out from the party’s primary which saw Mr Osagie Ize-Iyamu emerging as the APC flagbearer for the election.

This came in the middle of a lingered dispute between the governor and his predecessor and immediate past APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole.

After defecting from the APC, he got the PDP’s ticket and went ahead to defeat Ize-Iyamu for the second time to claim the governorship seat in what can be described as a dramatic switch of political parties.

Governor Obaseki had defeated Ize-Iyamu as the APC candidate in the 2016 governorship election while the latter was the PDP candidate.

Four years later, he secured 307,955 of the total votes, 84,336 more votes than Ize-Iyamu who got 223, 619 votes.
https://www.channelstv.com/2021/01/09/breaking-court-dismisses-apcs-certificate-forgery-suit-against-obaseki/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by themes009(m): 2:38pm On Jan 09, 2021
Congratulations my man... The truth will always prevail grin

Osho how market

255 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Fahdiga(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
This is a victory for democracy. our democracy is no longer in danger

65 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Benbellamor: 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
Again
Edo no be Lagos

Oshiomole will have himself to blame when After the final judgement His house is demolished and send on an exile...all of you that want to cry for oshio pikin, knows that he meant war and don't deserve pity
Obaseki is too ready for him

See better man with authentic result that APC Dash PDP....chai

188 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by blackpanda: 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
themes009:
Congratulations my man... The truth will always prevail grin

Lol. Not truth, highest bidder grin

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by edo3(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2021
Na cho,, congrats Mr Godwin obaseki..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by thundafire: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
APC will cry again

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Racoon(m): 2:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
Congratulations! It was a known fact that the APC were just clutching on straw.Is it not a shame that a party cum government notoriously full of Oluwole certificate forgers is contesting a certificate they defended 4years ago?

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by AsomArchitectNG(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
Good one. Congratulations to the people's governor

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Factfinder1(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
Victory at last.....shame on oshomole and ize iyamu and apc

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by DontBullshitMe: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
I was told by PDP that Buhari has the Nigeria judiciary in his pocket.

This can't possibly be true.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by mcjohny(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
its non of my business but since Apc is my enemy then Pdp the enemy of my enemy lost ihn come dey sweet me like i don get alat
Sabadon:
Oba goal.....oshiomoles tactics was dead on arrival
its non of my business but since Apc is my enemy then Pdp the enemy of my enemy lost ihn come dey sweet me like i don get alat

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
Very good. I hope he will work for the people of Edo state who voted him in and defended their votes. cool

8 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Orire001: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
Hmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Beverlyjean(f): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2021
Fantastic news....the fake pastor can't even start a crusade cos no one will believe him since he can't help himself ... lost to apc and then pdp to the same man... pastor , its not ur destiny

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Daum: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Some people will not sleep well today in Benin...chai

Pepper dem
Obaseki pepper dem oooo

Where is Shuaibu let him come and dance for me again...

Shay be one court disqualified Ize iyamu as APC aspirant for the elections

Obaseki 2: 0 Ize iyamu, Oshiomole, Captain Osa

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by emimore: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Congratulations to him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Risingblue008(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
H
Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by thunder74(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Victory for democracy.... I trust APC people, they will never give up until they are disgraced at the Supreme Court.
My people say
Ajá tó bá ma sọnù, kò ní gbọ́ fèrè ọlọ́dẹ.
(Dog that will be lost, will not listen to hunter's whistles.)

17 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Sabadon(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Oba goal.....oshiomoles tactics was dead on arrival

4 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Built2last: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nothing distracts governors like when your seat is being challenged.

Congratulations.

He should settle down and start governing

8 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by slawormiir: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
As usual obaseki is gonna fuckkk oshiomhole up anyday anytime
You don't fuckkk with a Bini son and go scot free

Oshiomhole and ize iyamu don't know what they have put their hand into

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by ApostlePaul14: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
I saw dis coming

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Meow meow.

Not sure if I’m impressed or not.....

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by ignis: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
APC is distraction.

6 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Risingblue008(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
This one go pain Osho baba die grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by DesChyko: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nice one, Obaseki.

...the evidence of witnesses Obaseki produced in the course of the hearing, especially that of the Deputy Registrar Legal, at University of Ibadan, Mr. Abayomi Samuel Ajayi, “successfully put to rest the issue of whether or not the embattled governor graduated or was awarded a degree certificate by the school.
The court held that for the Plaintiffs to insist that Obaseki forged his certificate, even after the school confirmed the genuity of the document, was akin to alleging that someone has no father, even in the presence of the person’s father.
Lobatan.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by slivertongue: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Black market no work for them

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by huehadesigns: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
omo

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by AAA593: 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Fergie001 please come and read o.

2 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by 2gbasky22(m): 2:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
EDO .NOR .BE .IMO

APC can Appeal if they wish

8 Likes

Re: Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki by Slawomiir2: 2:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Damn niggar grin
diz is Victory for demoCRAZY..

GGO till2024

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Convoy Attacked In Katsina / Nationwide Strike: You Must Be At Work From Monday, FG Tells Workers / Obi Beats Tinubu, Atiku In New Physical Poll Ahead Of 2023 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.