Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,794 members, 7,802,529 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) - Celebrities (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) (61109 Views)

Banky W Driving 2002 Range Rover - 2 Ladies Shocked. Celebrities React / Celebrities React To The Death Of D'banj's Son, Daniel D' Third / 11 American Celebrities That Look Great Wearing Ankara (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by WoundedLamb: 3:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
mach7:
I am not making an excuse for Trump's actions or inactions - whatever he did or didn't do, he is responsible for it. I am only pointing out that there is a lot of insincerity on both sides, which you are either ignoring or not aware of. On the bolded, a section of America didn't want him and not all America. A good portion of Americans either rightly or wrongly do believe that the election was not free and fair.

Hillary was accused of something in the in 2016 election. Trump was also accused of something then. Counter accusations are normal. Politics is dirty everywhere, as a Nigerian you know this better than anyone else. So the problem isn't that Trump accused the Democrats of election fraud, the problem is follow up actions and his willingness to sacrifice peace/stability for his political goals. Hillary believed there was inconsistencies in the last election as well but she didn't degenerate into this. She left the people out if her saga, accepted the result and followed with the problem party to part afterwards. Trump somehow believes he can always have things go his way against all odds like a baby. He doesn't know his limits and that is what has brought him into this.

As for the bolded, the majority is the voice. So when I say Americans don't want him, I meant the majority, however sizable Trump's supporters might be. Most of those who believe the election wasn't free and fair are simply following the voice of thier preferred candidate. If that number of people had any proof of fraud, Biden wouldn't have been declared the winner.

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by chewwie(m): 3:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Liberals claim they want freedom, but it's freedom to do what they want. Any other view is treated as if a cluster bomb was dropped and will be removed. It is only the liberal view that is good to liberals. Anything else is evil. And they control the media, mostly, so anything they say goes. Unfortunately, most Nigerians are under the liberal mind control, in which only what they feel people should be like is what they will project as information. They've bought into so much leftist sensationalism. They want only one line of thought.

I was banned for an innocent comment on transgenders, too. If you don't conform to how they want you to think, then you will be cancelled. Trump is suffering for not conforming. It's kind of like the end sars protests and the online dimension of cancelling anyone who had a different opinion, even to the point of wishing them death and harm, and nobody called them out on that.
Nigerians trying to buy into this liberal sensationalism makes me cringe.
When I expressed a different opinion on the #EndSARS protest, I was blocked, berated, cursed at, etc. because I didn't conform to the norm. Cancel culture is becoming more prevalent in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by WoundedLamb: 4:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
Fortune109:

Don't have time for any epistle guy...

Few questions...

Did the Russian Accusations geared towards establishing that the Trump victory was Fraud or not??

Can you determine how the other person reacts if you first start a fight with him??

Now what you have been able to establish yourself is the fact that both the Democrats and the Republicans were guilty of undermining there own Democratic system by questioning the Elections whenever the Opposition wins...

By your point now is, the Democrats were more
Matured when they first created doubt in the populace minds in 2016...Either it was before or after that election, fact is they started this whole shit...

The Russian accusation which was made before the 2016 election could not have been geared towards challenging Trump's victory when there was no winner when the accusation was made. It came after Hillary's private email server accusation was brought up. The protest of 2016 had nothing to do with it. And like I said, even if it did, the Democrats took every step to calm the people down. Can you say this about Trump?

The Democrats undermined the democratic system system by challenging the result? Lol... so what then is democracy? Dude, you're really trying to make this about challenging the results because that would help you make a convenient comparison but it is never about that cause challenging the election result does not in anyway undermine the democratic system. In fact, it is an integral part of the democratic system and the right of the loser. The only requirement is that you keep it legal. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans were the first to challenge the results, it has happened more than 5 times in the American history. I don't know your age but that of the 2000 election was even far dramatic than the Russian accusation. So get your facts right. Challenging the result is not the problem. Again accusations are normal in politics and Hillary didn't start it. Trump's team brought up Hillary's private email server accusation long before the Russian accusation was made.

If you read my posts, I never said Trump shouldn't challenge the result cause it's his right. Like I said earlier, what matters is how the losing party goes about it and Trump's narcissistic and egoistic approach landed him here. America is not lawless. Hillary followed the legal process and went home to lick her wounds when she couldn't prove anything. She didn't incite people into taking to the streets violently and she called them to order when they did. Again, can you say this about Trump?
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by EmekaA125(m): 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
Balogunodua:

OSU pig.... after useless Onitsha match for ObinnachukwuTrump he lost..due to the support he got from OSU pigs from Biafruad red mud republic... cheesy go to twitter and see how your fellow OSU pigs are still wailing.... grin
U that supported sleepy demented Biden, what did you gain. Even watery Ewedu you neva see chop. Ezi

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Fortune109: 5:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
WoundedLamb:

The Russian accusation which was made before the 2016 election could not have been geared towards challenging Trump's victory when there was no winner when the accusation was made. It came after Hillary's private email server accusation was brought up. The protest of 2016 had nothing to do with it. And like I said, even if it did, the Democrats took every step to calm the people down. Can you say this about Trump?

The Democrats undermined the democratic system system by challenging the result? Lol... so what then is democracy? Dude, you're really trying to make this about challenging the results because that would help you make a convenient comparison but it is never about that cause challenging the election result does not in anyway undermine the democratic system. In fact, it is an integral part of the democratic system and the right of the loser. The only requirement is that you keep it legal. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans were the first to challenge the results, it has happened more than 5 times in the American history. I don't know your age but that of the 2000 election was even far dramatic than the Russian accusation. So get your facts right. Challenging the result is not the problem. Again accusations are normal in politics and Hillary didn't start it. Trump's team brought up Hillary's private email server accusation long before the Russian accusation was made.

If you read my posts, I never said Trump shouldn't challenge the result cause it's his right. Like I said earlier, what matters is how the losing party goes about it and Trump's narcissistic and egoistic approach landed him here. America is not lawless. Hillary followed the legal process and went home to lick her wounds when she couldn't prove anything. She didn't incite people into taking to the streets violently and she called them to order when they did. Again, can you say this about Trump?

You cannot have exact same scenarios in life, when we are not Robots.

You can't see the big picture of what the Democrats tried to do because it was not successful...

In Politics you have to latch on to something to make sure you grab power from your opposition or make sure they don't grab power from you...it has to be something...Either the Russian accusation which the Democrats continue to latch on to till they almost impeached Trump while risking the State Security issues that would have created, or Trump latching on to the accusation of outright rigging and encouraging his supporters to speak out against it while risking the State Security issues that would have created too; ... You see, Politicians will always be Politicians...

If the Dominion software had been counting more votes for Trump (7 to 8 in every 10) you want to tell me the Democrats would just be quiet too
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Vikkygeee: 5:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
chewwie:

If it were as simple as you simpleton think it is, I'd be calm. Ever heard of Section 230? It's a special protection given to big tech social media platform by the United States govt protecting them from liability for things posted on their platform provided they act as "publishers" & not "editors". In other words, it's not in their place to edit (label or takedown) anything on their platform as they're publishers not editors.
I don't believe how a reasonable number of you get information from one wing, don't bother looking at the other side, and just run with your one sided views.
How is Trump to blame for the march on the Capitol which turned violent?
I'm no longer on Twitter myself because I was banned for pointing out to one of these sanitary pad producers that men don't need their products because we don't menstruate. Twitter called it harmful, dangerous and hateful to the Transgender community. So I want you to go round Twitter and show me where Trump outrightly called for violence. Come on, I'm waiting.
Please define insurrection. You people just see new words on TV and start using them mindlessly.
I don't expect a trump loyalist like you to reason well,his lawyer Giuliani said they should have combat by trial, trump his said said we are going to storm the Capitol and make sure our rights are not denied, but of course trumpists are generally dumb
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by infogeneral: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
"They took his megaphone away".
Others our there who are using social media to incite violence under the guise of free speech will eventually suffer the faith.
There are responsibilities attached to every right.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by WoundedLamb: 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
Fortune109:

You cannot have exact same scenarios in life, when we are not Robots.

You can't see the big picture of what the Democrats tried to do because it was not successful...

In Politics you have to latch on to something to make sure you grab power from your opposition or make sure they don't grab power from you...it has to be something...Either the Russian accusation which the Democrats continue to latch on till they almost impeached Trump while risking the State Security issues that would have created, or Trump latching on to the accusation of outright rigging and encouraging his supporters to speak out against it while risking the State Security issues that would have created too; ... You see, Politicians will always be Politicians...

If the Dominion software had been counting more votes for Trump (7 to 8 in every 10) you want to tell me the Democrats would just be quiet too

You are still trying to lump them up when I have over and over again made it clear the approach is the bone of contention. Politicians will be politicians and it is fine if you can stay within "legal correctness". You overstep when you ignore the due process or try to use violence to achieve your aim. This is America and that can never be tolerated because adherent to the rule of law is a major indicator of a first world country. So nobody is asking for the exact same scenario, the approach only needs to be arguably legal and non violent. Whatever it is you claim the Democrats were trying to do in the last election, they managed to keep it within the tolerance of the American law. They encouraged the people the move on while they challenged the outcome themselves. They didn't resort to inciting violence. And eventually, they lost and went home. Can we say this about Trump?

You're asking what the Democrats would have done if they had perceived any phoney activites against them; was that not what played out the last time when they detected Russian interference in the election? What did they do? They accepted the results in public to calm the people down while they kept digging for evidence long after the election. Like you said, they almost succeeded but eventually lost cause what they had wasn't concrete enough. They were not happy but they let go cause the law had spoken. What makes Trump think he's above that?

The software tweak story you mentioned was alleged. People came to that conclusion not via any technical means but based on what they saw as inconsistencies in the numbers. That's not a problem. The problem is, what made Trump think the Democrats were stupid to have followed the due process when they had their own doubts? What made him think encouraging his supporters to fight was going to yield any positive result?Today 5 people are dead already and you people are complaining his accounts were banned; were you seriously expecting the country to sit back and watch him destabilize them? If Donald Trump had any evidence to prove the software was tweaked to disfavor him, he would have done what the Democrats did when they believed Russian interference worked against them. Ignoring the rule of law doesn't just undermine the democratic system, it undermines the judiciary system and that's the height. He made his choice against the advice of both the Republicans and the Democrats.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by mach7(m): 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Hillary was accused of something in the in 2016 election. Trump was also accused of something then. Counter accusations are normal. Politics is dirty everywhere, as a Nigerian you know this better than anyone else. So the problem isn't that Trump accused the Democrats of election fraud, the problem is follow up actions and his willingness to sacrifice peace/stability for his political goals. Hillary believed there was inconsistencies in the last election as well but she didn't degenerate into this. She left the people out if her saga, accepted the result and followed with the problem party to part afterwards. Trump somehow believes he can always have things go his way against all odds like a baby. He doesn't know his limits and that is what has brought him into this.

As for the bolded, the majority is the voice. So when I say Americans don't want him, I meant the majority, however sizable Trump's supporters might be. Most of those who believe the election wasn't free and fair are simply following the voice of thier preferred candidate. If that number of people had any proof of fraud, Biden wouldn't have been declared the winner.
Well said
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by chewwie(m): 7:41pm On Jan 10, 2021
kingxsamz:

At least know what censorship is before using the word.

Was the banning of Tunde Ednut's Instagram account also 'silencing free speech'?
If it's not, kindly tell us how it's different from Twitter banning Trump's account.
Read the part of screenshot were it read "censorship by Twitter itself..."
Please, it'd be simple of you to narrow your definition of censorship to government and religion. I dare say faceless multi billion dollar big tech conglomerates are bigger than most governments and religious institutions.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Balogunodua(m): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
EmekaA125:

U that supported sleepy demented Biden, what did you gain. Even watery Ewedu you neva see chop. Ezi
Cry me a river... grin
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by kingxsamz(m): 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2021
chewwie:

Read the part of screenshot were it read "censorship by Twitter itself..."
Please, it'd be simple of you to narrow your definition of censorship to government and religion. I dare say faceless multi billion dollar big tech conglomerates are bigger than most governments and religious institutions.
At least read to understand first. I didn't show you that screenshot for nothing.
Censorship by Twitter has to do with the government sending a request to Twitter to take down a post or any content. It has nothing to do with suspending ones account for violation of Twitter rules.
It's censorship when it involves the government, religious bodies and any institution with authority. Do you understand now?

So Twitter or Instagram taking down your page for violating its rules is not censorship.

Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by chewwie(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
Vikkygeee:

I don't expect a trump loyalist like you to reason well,his lawyer Giuliani said they should have combat by trial, trump his said said we are going to storm the Capitol and make sure our rights are not denied, but of course trumpists are generally dumb
Metaphors and figures of speech. Democrats have said far worse.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Lordkratus(m): 8:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
justli:

First I'm not an English major, and secondly not everyone on this forum went to university...But that said, it will take a second life for a lowlife like you to measure up to me. Get lost and look for something productive to do.
just say the name of your university please. Forget English bros you be dullard.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by chewwie(m): 8:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
kingxsamz:

At least read to understand first. I didn't show you that screenshot for nothing.
Censorship by Twitter has to do with the government sending a request to Twitter to take down a post or any content. It has nothing to do with suspending ones account for violation of Twitter rules.
It's censorship when it involves the government, religious bodies and any institution with authority. Do you understand now?

So Twitter or Instagram taking down your page for violating its rules is not censorship.

So who in the USA government told Twitter to censor Trump?
Does multi billion dollar Twitter not count as an institution of authority?
Again, according to Section 230 protection, big tech companies are not supposed to EDIT content on their platforms because the government protects them from lawsuit liabilities. If they want to edit, they should be open to lawsuits.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by kingxsamz(m): 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
chewwie:

So who in the USA government told Twitter to censor Trump?
Does multi billion dollar Twitter not count as an institution of authority?
Again, according to Section 230 protection, big tech companies are not supposed to EDIT content on their platforms because the government protects them from lawsuit liabilities. If they want to edit, they should be open to lawsuits.

Oga, they didn't censor Trump, they simply suspended his account for violating Twitter rules. Am I typing French here or what? undecided
They suspended his account the same way they suspend the accounts of ordinary people who violate Twitter rules. Nawa. You're making me to repeat the same thing all over and over.
And Twitter is an app on your phone, not an institution of authority.

Now, what is the difference between Instagram banning Tunde Ednut's account and Twitter banning Trump's account? Put down your love for Trump and think about the question before answering abeg.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by BRATISLAVA: 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
chewwie:

Nigerians trying to buy into this liberal sensationalism makes me cringe.
When I expressed a different opinion on the #EndSARS protest, I was blocked, berated, cursed at, etc. because I didn't conform to the norm. Cancel culture is becoming more prevalent in Nigeria.

Exact same thing happened to me. It's good to see that you can see through it, too.

And Nigerians are the biggest followers, because they follow any popular stream of thought without thinking. They just fight for it to sound wise and woke. Most accept anything that's mainstream, nevermind its relevance.

With the way Nigeria is, it will be more decadent than any other society. For the single reason that Nigerians don't think deeply about anything.

1 Like

Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Fortune109: 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
WoundedLamb:

You are still trying to lump them up when I have over and over again made it clear the approach is the bone of contention. Politicians will be politicians and it is fine if you can stay within "legal correctness". You overstep when you ignore the due process or try to use violence to achieve your aim. This is America and that can never be tolerated because adherent to the rule of law is a major indicator of a first world country. So nobody is asking for the exact same scenario, the approach only needs to be arguably legal and non violent. Whatever it is you claim the Democrats were trying to do in the last election, they managed to keep it within the tolerance of the American law. They encouraged the people the move on while they challenged the outcome themselves. They didn't resort to inciting violence. And eventually, they lost and went home. Can we say this about Trump?

You're asking what the Democrats would have done if they had perceived any phoney activites against them; was that not what played out the last time when they detected Russian interference in the election? What did they do? They accepted the results in public to calm the people down while they kept digging for evidence long after the election. Like you said, they almost succeeded but eventually lost cause what they had wasn't concrete enough. They were not happy but they let go cause the law had spoken. What makes Trump think he's above that?

The software tweak story you mentioned was alleged. People came to that conclusion not via any technical means but based on what they saw as inconsistencies in the numbers. That's not a problem. The problem is, what made Trump think the Democrats were stupid to have followed the due process when they had their own doubts? What made him think encouraging his supporters to fight was going to yield any positive result?Today 5 people are dead already and you people are complaining his accounts were banned; were you seriously expecting the country to sit back and watch him destabilize them? If Donald Trump had any evidence to prove the software was tweaked to disfavor him, he would have done what the Democrats did when they believed Russian interference worked against them. Ignoring the rule of law doesn't just undermine the democratic system, it undermines the judiciary system and that's the height. He made his choice against the advice of both the Republicans and the Democrats.

Yea! it's ok then!

Go on with your Homosexual Democrats
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by justli: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lordkratus:
just say the name of your university please. Forget English bros you be dullard.

You are a fool and your parents should be ashamed of having you in their life.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by WoundedLamb: 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2021
Fortune109:

Yea! it's ok then!

Go on with your Homosexual Democrats

Lol... of course, it has always been sentiments and conspiracies. I should have known to save my "breath". I live in the Americas. I've been living here for as long as I can remember and to be frank with you sir, I'd rather live with harmless homosexuals than with racists or some white supremacists who believe others are here to contaminate their race. So yeah, I'll go with my homosexual Democrats who, by the way, have won the election smiley . I'll leave you with your saint Donald Trump who grabs them by the puss.y. Hopefully, he succeeds in granting himself presidential pardon for his offenses. I only pity the Republicans whose image he's succeeded in tarnishing.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by PervertProphet: 7:57am On Jan 11, 2021
UncommonLogic:

A pervert and a delusional reta@ded religious fanatical monkey belong in the same camp.
Birds of same imbeciles flock together.
Dumbest MOFOs on NL period.

STFU and get lost.

Hahahaha!

An Atheistic Evolutionary disfuntionary thinking Ape. A Woodenhead with a Birdbrain. Foolish people always hating on those who speak about God.
Autistic slowpoke and Homosexual.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Lordkratus(m): 8:26am On Jan 11, 2021
justli:

You are a fool and your parents should be ashamed of having you in their life.
bro forget story you are the dullest guy in this country, a confirm dullard. Your school needs to refund your school fees from kindergarten, such a waste
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Goldmaxx(f): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2021
naijadrivablog:
There is one page on Facebook that is making caricature cartoons of Trump. His voice sounds so "him".

cheesy I don laugh tire
keep on laughing, we all will be in Nigeria and reap from the yields of what becomes of America.
Nigeria will now be emboldened to censor people on social media. Tighten your seatbelt and enjoy the bumpy ride grin
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Goldmaxx(f): 11:59am On Jan 11, 2021
Vikkygeee:

Mumu people, talk nonsense whether seun will not ban your lifes on nairaland, freedom of speech does not give you the right to launch an attack on the world's greatest democracy.
nothing like the world's greatest democracy, it's all fallacy orchestrated by top oligarchs to keep it's unsuspecting herd in place.
Even the democrats used to float conspiracy theories of fraud and suppression anytime they lose an election.
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Goldmaxx(f): 12:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
obontami:

Dude, are you aware you are constantly constituting nuisance on this platform with your holier-than-thou bullcrap. Why would seun and his moderators allow a clown like you to roam this forum freely is what I don't understand.
he's speaking his mind and you're asking seun to censor him. Don't worry, buhari will soon sign the social media bill. grin
Re: American Celebrities React To Trump’s Twitter Ban (Pictures) by Iseoluwa2050(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wofai Fada Tired Of Using A Vibrator? (Photos) / Imam Abdulrahman Ahmad Reacts As Etinosa Threatens To Mess The Quran Up / Leo Mezie Reacts To Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal, Speaks In His Defense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.