Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians (32336 Views)

Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit / Obaseki Reacts As Interpol Arrest Osazee Osemwengie Ero For Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by BleedingPen: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has hailed the ruling of the Federal High Court, Abuja, on the certificate forgery case brought against him by the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Justice Ahmed Mohammed had on Saturday dismissed the case filed by the APC and a chieftain of the party, Williams Edobor, against the governor, Igbere TV reports.

In a statement forwarded to Igbere TV, in reaction to the victory, Obaseki said the judgement is a triumph of the rule of law and a testament to the fact that truth would prevail ultimately no matter how vehemently detractors push lies in the face of incontrovertible evidence.

According to the governor, “The verdict of the Federal High Court, delivered by Honourable Justice Ahmed Mohammed is well-received and a victory for the rule of law. It was a most needless attempt by desperate individuals trying to undo the will of the people through the backdoor but we are happy today that justice and truth have prevailed.”

He noted that the verdict confirms once again that Edo people were well-guided in trusting him to lead them in the September 19th governorship election, promising to continue to prioritise the development of the state not minding the darts thrown by those who are embittered by their loss and continue their attempt to put spanner in the works even when they have been roundly beaten on all fronts.

“My profound gratitude goes to the judiciary who have stood indefatigably for truth and justice; the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR); my party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP); our party leaders and members; my teeming supporters; the good people of Edo State and all Nigerians.”

Igbere TV recalls that the APC and its chieftain, William Edobor had filed the suit alleging that Governor Obaseki presented a forged certificate to seek re-election in the Edo State governorship election held on September 19, 2020.

According to the plaintiffs, the said document was purportedly issued by the University of Ibadan, while the governor presented same to Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) which conducted the poll.

Obaseki, who ran on the Peoples Democratic Party platform in the poll, secured 307,955 votes to beat his rival, Mr. Osagie Ize-Iyamu of the APC, who got 223, 619 votes.

Governor Obaseki had defeated Ize-Iyamu as the APC candidate in the 2016 governorship election while the latter was the PDP candidate.

https://igberetvnews.com/1378517/obaseki-reacts-court-victory-thanks-buhari-nigerians/

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by BleedingPen: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
No
Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by BleedingPen: 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Sirjamo: 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
Oshiomole and his fellow Desperadoes were only taking a cue from the PDP Dundees, who despite WAEC and Cambridge confirming that Buhari wrote their exams and even gave him a replacement, they still insist on the miserable narrative that he never wrote the exams.

I still wonder why the case wasn't discontinued the moment UI confirmed that Mr three credit graduated from the school.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Fahdiga(m): 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
A victory for democracy
Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by dele31: 4:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
You're not just christened "GODWIN" for nothing. Godwin will always win!!!

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Marcofranz(m): 4:26pm On Jan 09, 2021
Oshiomhole really didn't think it through, he never saw it coming if I were him I would just forget about contesting obaseki's credibility and restrategize for 2024.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Golden057(m): 4:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sorry ooo Oshiomhole

I heard that you were in the court thinking you're going to win, if you had known, you would not have gone. This is
DEFEAT 2
don't allow season 3 to play out by going to another court grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by abitex577(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
Whom God has blessed no APC, Oshobaba, Izeyamu can curse.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Etrusen(m): 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2021
my simply advice to APC and osho
is for him to let the sleeping dog lye
else they will soon be consume

but I still laugh APC and their supporter

igbosmoker!!!
afa na ?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Edo2020: 6:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by slivertongue: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
The black market party think say Edo na Lagos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Diimtech: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Do you have a YouTube or Instagram account with a decent amount of following?
Send me an email.
I'm interested in buying your account!
Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Eriokanmi: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Heeeeeeeee grin grin. All your enemies have been put to shame! Congrats sir ,who should I copy oooooh? I dey come abeg...

Okay, I remember some strong-headed monikers as below. The 3 of them can rain insults like anything

Smith1985
Dansuqi
seanfer
sangresan
Cantonese

...and the rest of them I can't remember....hope you can now rest and stop being emotional and leave politics for the mature and sincere minds.

As earlier reiterated by me let the APC go to any extent in pursuing this case, they'd sleep and snor in court.

Congrats my man!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
The Very First person he thanked was Our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari,
The same man some brainwashed swines keep abusing saying he is jeopardizing our democracy.
Pained losers.
Isn't this the Irony of Life?

We said this before and we will say it again.
Truth is not bitter, just that some evil people are bitter to the truth.

About transparency in elections...
This can only happen because we have a President that makes everyone vote count, unlike what our darling country has been used to for 16 years of failure.

buchilino:
I ADMIT WEN IT COMES 2 ELECTION, BUHARI REALLY TRIED
Good to see you guys know the kinda good man you've got as a President that you can even vouch for him.
Now, that is integrity at it's peak.
That is one of the things dad will be remembered for in this nation for many many years to come.

Let's give you more insight........

It is a always good and refreshing to see that we have a President who does not intervene in the rule of law.

From Corruption, down to politics, Our darling Daddy always allow the rule of law to take charge...

Memory lane........
Elections In Nigeria now,
There is no need to fear.
Why? Because the will of Nigerians will not be subverted. Never! A President once told us in this country that the coming polls would be do or die.
Not with President Buhari.
Fair is fair.
No foul play.
Under his watch, his political party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has lost gubernatorial elections in Bayelsa(now twice), Oyo State, Edo State, Zamfara state and Anambra states.

At the last Council of States meeting, Gov Willie Obiano publicly registered his appreciation to President Buhari, for the level playing ground he made available during the election in his state. With do or die apostles, and a certain political party in power, such would never happen. Not with their garrison mentality. All states are territories that must be conquered, willy-nilly.

APC has won gubernatorial positions under Buhari in Kogi, Ondo and Edo states, (Now losing same Edo again) The victories were fair and square.
The party lost in Bayelsa (twice), Zamfara, Oyo, Anambra etc.
This President would never manipulate victory for anyone, not even his own party.
And you ask us not to trust him?
We will, and no mistake.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.

Okoroawusa:

When was the last time I told you that I love you ?
Lol cheesy
Just 3 mins ago sir!
All of us @[b][/b] love you too.....
Let's share the love around!
Stay blessed Chairman!

That is one of the things dad will be remembered for in this nation for many many years to come.

dhope:
We know the politics behind it if ur dad eventually fail to use ur judiciary to unseat obaseki, it's not because of love for democracy.
Just imagine this trash!
Wailers will always wail.
Fortunately, there is nothing we can do about it.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Spaxon(f): 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Osho Baba won't sleep well this night cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
Meow meow.

Not sure if I’m impressed or not.
Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:48pm On Jan 09, 2021
My profound gratitude goes to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR); 
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo for all they are doing to this once battered, raped and looted nation work again.

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by miniziter(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
Congratulations my governor. Please help us to work on the insecurity issue now that there is no more disturbance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Johnson225(m): 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
Oga oshiomhole won't like this grin

Meanwhile; Message me on watssap for this cutie American Eskimo. Price is friendly
Watssap:09057009109

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by kereman1: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
Oshiohmole, has politically ended himself, he lost at the poll, still lost at the court,

Nigger be pained right now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by BoboNogoDie: 6:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
Useless criminal!

Your days are still numbered.

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Cantonese: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
Great. It was an exercise in futility for APC. Calling 17 witnesses and playing to the gallery using the media to bamboozle their already bewitched supporters. Now they will attempt a joker, with the supreme court after the court of appeal. They know also that they will fail.

Meanwhile the sucker punch delivered by the Edo high court must be dealt with by them first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by KAHBOOM: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
The jagaban demystificator

Oshiomole slayer.

Edo no be lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by kereman1: 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
post=97891405:
Nice

Nice...

With a sad face offline

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Jazzafizzy(f): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
grin
Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by EdiskyHarry: 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
Congrats obazeki , do your best now in Edo state, let your positive impact be felt by both the rich and the poor. Learn from gov udom Emmanuel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians by Bobotic(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
Millions of Naira don balance grin grin grin grin

If you know you know cool shocked grin

Nigeria I hail o embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Moment Power Outage Occurred During A Live TV Interview Featuring Hope Uzodimma / Reverend Stephen Adegbite: God Will Punish Us If We Don’t Support Tinubu / Desmond Elliot Wins APC’s Lagos Assembly Ticket, While KSB Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.