Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,501 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line (19066 Views)

Amaechi: $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan Delaying Ibadan-Kano Railway Construction / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / Buhari Approves ₦123 Bilion For Ibadan-Kano Rail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Chirowman(m): 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Wahala ooo
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Sobasojek: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aconomist:
You will gain more Igbos. cool
What would more igbos benefit Lagos apart from fake electronics, fake spare parts, fake drugs?
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by CSTRR: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
The lagos- calabar rail project is there languishing.

What will it take to connect southern Nigeria to save lives and improve tourism?

With such an express train, it would be easier for me and other Nigerians to go to obudu cattle ranch from lagos.

Many igbo lives would be saved too from december accidents.

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Sobasojek: 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aconomist:
But in seriousness. The coastal rail is more important.

The design goes straight through Lekki, which will allow evacuation of goods from the Lekki Free trade zone, Dangote refinery, and new Lekki port. It also goes through the major cities like Benin, Port Harcourt, etc to transport Cargo.

Right now the Lagos government is building a lot of infrastructure in Lekki that will be basically useless without at least partial completion of the coastal rail.
Youre not answering simple question. What would Lagos calabar benefit Lagos?

Lagos Kano will also be connected to apapa seaport.

Lagos state government is building a lot of infrastructures in lekki that will benefit Lagos state not those cities you mentioned up there

At least kano would bring more agricultural produce to Lagos state unlike those cities you mentioned above
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Cousin9999: 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2021
So, they steal trillions of dollars a year, and then have the audacity to give "loans?"
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by DONFASZY(m): 10:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
I ve never seen news where Nig govt paid back china loans since i came to earth via this hopeless Nig
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Aconomist: 10:20pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sobasojek:

Youre not answering simple question. What would Lagos calabar benefit Lagos?

Lagos Kano will also be connected to apapa seaport.

Lagos state government is building a lot of infrastructures in lekki that will benefit Lagos state not those cities you mentioned up there

At least kano would bring more agricultural produce to Lagos state unlike those cities you mentioned above
I already told you, the coastal rail will allow for easy export of products from Lagos (and Lekki Free trade Zone) to southern and eastern Nigeria. It would also facilitate the import of natural commodities such as palm oil from Benin, Coal from Enugu, LNG from the delta, etc.

Here is a GDP per capita map of Nigeria. Clearly a SW to SE rail would generate more economic impact.

2 Likes

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by omo1478(m): 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2021
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Sobasojek: 10:23pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aconomist:
I already told you, the coastal rail will allow for easy export of products from Lagos (and Lekki Free trade Zone) to southern and eastern Nigeria. It would also facilitate the import of natural commodities such as palm oil from Benin, Coal from Enugu, LNG from the delta, etc.
Yes but the fact remains Lagos kano will be more important when you compare population, economy of both states, transportation of goods by rail

There’s also palm oil in south west

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by femo86(m): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2021
Abeg, my chinese name is 王 李 张 i.e Cheng Zhāng Li

王 李 张 i.e Cheng Zhāng Li
王 李 张 i.e Cheng Zhāng Li
王 李 张 i.e Cheng Zhāng Li

grin grin grin no more Femi cos I heard that the Chinese govt will beat us 600 strokes before giving us our individual names in the next years....

I don register my name already oo....I don tell una ooo

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by vRendoh(m): 10:26pm On Jan 09, 2021
Make every Nigerians begin learn Chinese cos they will be coming for their monies very soon very soon Chinese names go full every corner. Don't blame yet!

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Aconomist: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Sobasojek:

Yes but the fact remains Lagos kano will be more important when you compare population, economy of both states, transportation of goods by rail

There’s also palm oil in south west
Anyone who understands the economy of Nigeria will know that the coastal rail has a bigger impact. Simply look at the GDP per capita map of Nigeria. The East is a bigger import/export market then the North -- full stop.

You are clearly a northerner who refuses to accept reason because of your biases.

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by EMMY76: 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
Why not prioritize linking all the states in the south instead of linking port harcort to bokoharam infested territory I don't see the economic wisdom in this?

3 Likes

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by JERRYMAG4(m): 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
The rate at which the government is looking for 2023 Election funds, e no get part 2.

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by calcal: 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2021
Zico5:
5.3 billions on rail alone when poverty is at highest level. It shall never be better for these people. How can this country move forward with these wasteful manner for God sake. Is it not better to divert this particular money to something that will surely lift Nigeria out of poverty. Our refinery is moribund, money market is catastrophic, yet they are borrowing billions of dollars to build liability that the half of the money will be looted.

You are right, that rail is gonna be a liability at the end of the day.

Ibadan to Kanu when people are saying they want Odua republic .. i smell rat poison here
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Akudaisi: 10:31pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aconomist:
The jobs will go to Chinese. They don't like blacks
that's why I choosed translator job,no matter the matter they will need one,and please they don't hate blacks it's blacks that hate themselves
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Aconomist: 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2021
Akudaisi:
that's why I choosed translator job,no matter the matter they will need one,and please they don't hate blacks it's blacks that hate themselves
No, Chinese hate blacks more than anything. I've been to China. They see Africans as roaches.
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Brushstrokes20: 10:37pm On Jan 09, 2021
Useless govt of self serving thieves and sadistic Tyrant keeps plunging the shithole into Generational debt!
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Reeses: 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2021
Igbos are not part of this crazy chinese loans we aint paying nada!...
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by toprealman: 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kapeter:
Shey it sha will pass Ondo state? If not thunder fire Bubu and Amaechi.
You are not selfish right.....smh!
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by marvin906(m): 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2021
LordErrk:
5.3bn dollars should build all the rail lines we need in Nigeria
Bunch of robbers

Dude stop smoking..
10 billion dollars can't complete even half

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by winterfell007(m): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Aconomist:
Anyone who understands the economy of Nigeria will know that the coastal rail has a bigger impact. Simply look at the GDP per capita map of Nigeria. The East is a bigger import/export market then the North -- full stop.

You are clearly a northerner who refuses to accept reason because of your biases.

It's very evident to the blind that Lagos to Calabar railway will be more viable and economical, i guess that's where the Chinese are delaying in funding the project. This government has politized the whole thing. The Abuja-Kaduna railway is looking unviable because of the banditry ongoing along that routes, just look at the money we wasted building that almost failed project
Now the AKK Gas project is another political project that is bound to fail. This northerners have completely wreck Nigeria beyond repair
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by jaxxy(m): 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
China will give loan and China will handle the rail project.
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by rossoki: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2021
Zico5:
5.3 billions on rail alone when poverty is at highest level. It shall never be better for these people. How can this country move forward with these wasteful manner for God sake. Is it not better to divert this particular money to something that will surely lift Nigeria out of poverty. Our refinery is moribund, money market is catastrophic, yet they are borrowing billions of dollars to build liability that the half of the money will be looted.

You're just a loud dunce.

Go and learn the value of RAILWAYS in the development of a country, and how they drastically reduce the cost of doing business, leading to economic and industrial development.

The USA became the world's biggest economy on the strength of its massive investment in rail.

Big mouth critic with zero thinking ability.

Fool talking about ''half the money will be looted''. Which money? No money changes hands. The loan is about China funding the construction of the railway. It is a contract to build, not to hand anybody money.

Olodo people. Only big mouth to criticise, yet you know nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by babamoha(m): 10:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kapeter:
Shey it sha will pass Ondo state? If not thunder fire Bubu and Amaechi.

Nope it won't pass ondo
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by rossoki: 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2021
winterfell007:

It's very evident to the blind that Lagos to Calabar railway will be more viable and economical, i guess that's where the Chinese are delaying in funding the project. This government has politized the whole thing. The Abuja-Kaduna railway is looking unviable because of the banditry ongoing along that routes, just look at the money we wasted building that almost failed project
Now the AKK Gas project is another political project that is bound to fail. This northerners have completely wreck Nigeria beyond repair

How is the Abuja-Kaduna railway ''an almost failed project''?

How is it ''looking unviable''?

How is it ''money wasted''?

Your problem is lack of commons sense allied to ethnic hatred.

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by soundOsonic: 10:56pm On Jan 09, 2021
MyOpinion1:
What kind of mistake of a country do I find myself in for goodness sake cry
Why me Lord Why me
Hey aunty how far, how about my proposal
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by rossoki: 10:59pm On Jan 09, 2021
LordErrk:
5.3bn dollars should build all the rail lines we need in Nigeria
Bunch of robbers

No it won't. That is your gross ignorance talking. Go and learn the real value of 5.3 billion dollars, cos you seem to think it is a HUGE amount of money. It's not.

California - one US state - is building a railway project at the cost of 77 billion dollars.

https://constructionreviewonline.com/biggest-projects/top-5-ongoing-mega-projects-in-usa/

1 Like

Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by teeshawt(m): 11:02pm On Jan 09, 2021
你好,你 叫什么名字

primestreams:
grin Any way I have started to learn Chinese
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by sulaak(m): 11:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
Madness!

Building infrastructure with foreign currency loans. shocked
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by MOVIC6: 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2021
How are we going to pay back with recession infested economy, I pity the nex president.
Re: FG Awaits $5.3 Billion Chinese Loan For Ibadan-kano Rail Line by Okoroawusa: 11:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
I Love PMB

President Muhammadu Buhari is laying the foundation for the Nigeria of our dreams.
Professor Yemi Osinbajo will continue to build on this foundation from 29th of May 2023. And so shall it be... iseeee!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imo Governorship: Mbaise Zone Dumps Ihedioha, Endorses Samdaddy Anyanwu / Bakassi Youths Vow To Surpass Boko-Haram / Lagos Tackles Omo-onile With Task Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.