Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:40 PM

BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death (3652 Views)

Tinubu Visits Sheikh Sani In Jos To Synpathize With Him Over His Brother's Death / Victoria Asher Dies Days After Giving Birth To Twins (Photo) / Augustine Adeoye Arogundade Dies Days After Tawakalitu Abiodun Ayilara Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 12:29am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

lol, your brain is on lock and the software to open it has virus, so any death that occur this era is covid related, even someone knocked down by a car or someone that got poisoned.

I understand you very well, you are just a guy that has never really seen the other side of life, if not you won't be saying this rubbish, have you not seen a situation where members of a family dies mysteriously within a short period of time before covid came into existence? fools like you learn the hard way.

I just pray you won't offend someone that won't forgive you, I have seen a family of 7 reduced to one within a period of 8 months in the early 2000's, better be enjoying the indomie and chocolate you came to this world to consume and leave matters that are above your 2.7mb brain capacity.......
. seeing something 1000 times does not equate experiencing it once ( Korean proverb)

Ode ni e. You are just spewing garbage. Let us agree they didn't die of covid why in the world would you attribute it to akufa, a completely vague and unproven superstition? Most sensible people would like to know what killed them because something certainly killed them. How would you determine who died of "akufa" as opposed to say carbon monoxide poisoning?
Superstitious nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 12:34am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

Now show me similar illustration that shows that covid is responsible for the deaths in orisabunmi family or I will take it that you are a fool.....you have 2 mins.

I have shown examples of how multiple family members can die of an infection regardless of whether it was covid or something else. Your akufa nonsense is not proven. Our forefathers did not have any way of knowing how infectious diseases work. Some people still worship smallpox (soponon) up until recently out of ignorance. The type of ignorance you are trying to perpetrate here.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 12:38am On Jan 10, 2021
Guestlander:

Ode ni e. You are just spewing garbage. Let us agree they didn't die of covid why in the world would you attribute it to akufa, a completely vague and unproven superstition? Most sensible people would like to know what killed them because something certainly killed them. How would you determine who died of "akufa" as opposed to say carbon monoxide poisoning?
Superstitious nonsense.

Now, it seems your brain is getting little fresh air, Yorubas believe that quick succession of deaths in a family is unnatural, ( you can't blame them, they discipline themselves spiritually in the olden days a lot and up till now), the form of their deaths might not be the same but the quick succession of the deaths is the subject matter

Now let me paint an example for you, 4 siblings living in different parts of the country, then 3 died within a week ( very unnatural) which means they have to transport their dead bodies to their hometown, that is an example of Akufa, it is about quick succession of deaths of a close knitted family not about the type of death. Their death can come in different forms.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Kingluqman(m): 12:40am On Jan 10, 2021
Don’t stress yourself bro, he’s a fool. He doesn’t know Akufa is real.
jagorinho:

Now show me similar illustration that shows that covid is responsible for the deaths in orisabunmi family or I will take it that you are a fool.....you have 2 mins.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Kingluqman(m): 12:41am On Jan 10, 2021
Water don pass Garri!!! The remaining siblings go dey scare now like mad
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 12:44am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

Now, it seems your brain is getting little fresh air, Yorubas believe that quick succession of deaths in a family is unnatural, ( you can't blame them, they discipline themselves spiritually in the olden days a lot and up till now), the form of their deaths might not be the same but the quick succession of the deaths is the subject matter

Now let me paint an example for you, 4 siblings living in different parts of the country, then 3 died within a week ( very unnatural) which means they have to transport their dead bodies to their hometown, that is an example of Akufa, it is about quick succession of deaths of a close knitted family not about the type of death. Their death can come in different forms.

I probably know Yoruba more than you do. Our forefathers did the best to explain their own world as best as they could. Some of their explanations were true and are still true today, some are completely off, and one of them is your akufa nonsense.
You can argue all you want but you and I know you are talking rubbish.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 12:46am On Jan 10, 2021
Kingluqman:
lol!! the guy na ajebutter with limited scope about life, the path of sounding woke he is towing is not a path one should put all eggs, one still have to study his / her culture very well and be grounded in it.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 12:47am On Jan 10, 2021
Guestlander:

I probably know Yoruba more than you do. Our forefathers did the best to explain their own world as best as they could. Some of their explanations were true and are still true today, some are completely off, and one of them is your akufa nonsense.
You can argue all you want but you and I know you are talking rubbish.
lol, if u know Yoruba as you claimed, you won't be calling Akufa nonsense.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 12:52am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

Perhaps you are one of the fake babalawos who deceive people by conjuring up dire consequences for things you made up yourself.
The world is leaving people like you behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 12:53am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

lol!! the guy na ajebutter with limited scope about life, the path of sounding woke he is towing is not a path one should put all eggs, one still have to study his / her culture very well and be grounded in it.

Emi Ajebutter? I am done with you. Enjoy your dumb superstitions.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by juman(m): 1:13am On Jan 10, 2021
Condolence to the family.
Its a sign the corona is out of control.

Such number of corona death in a family happened in america where there is out of corona infection.
Happened in number of families.

Be careful and follow the instruction to prevent corona.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by DelePhd: 1:33am On Jan 10, 2021
Guestlander:

Emi Ajebutter? I am done with you. Enjoy your dumb superstitions.

You have done your best trying to shine light on an empty superstition called 'Akufa'. It's amazing how anyone at this time in the world will attribute death in quick succession in a family to one nonsense 'Akufa'. I can't believe that such a person will even have access to internet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by tit(f): 2:10am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:
it is called Akufa in Yoruba Land.......I pray such would end in their family.

They must be abiku
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by capitalzero: 3:48am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

I am yoruba. Akufa is nonsense in this era.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by capitalzero: 3:50am On Jan 10, 2021
Kingluqman:
It should be opposite.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Afamed: 8:33am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

The problem with brain dead people like you is until you become a victim you won't learn any lesson, I asked you earlier to give me proof that all 3 were killed by covid, you went blank.

3 members of same family died mysteriously in less than a week and you are spitting bullshit, I am not an extremely spiritual person but the kind of scenario ravaging that family is " termed" Akufa in Yoruba culture and by the way, no matter how you claimed sophisticated in western values, you are nothing but a black baboon in the eyes of an average white. ...
......some cases are dealt with locally and this is a prime example, don't defile this thread with your ignorance on things far above you.
Don't be silly with your Akufa theory
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by sokeril: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

Now let me paint an example for you, 4 siblings
living in different parts of the country, then 3
died within a week ( very unnatural) which means they have to transport their dead bodies to their hometown, that is an example of Akufa, it is about quick succession of deaths of a close knitted family not about the type of death. Their death can come in different forms.
In this day of autopsy you still believe in Akufa?
How can Your Akufa be proven pls.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Christistruth00: 9:18am On Jan 10, 2021
Kingluqman:

If he ever watched Arelu and saw the darkness involved in it he would have understood better what was happening

Orisabunmi was a deep Cultist

Any Statements otherwise is whitewashing Propaganda

Jesus is Lord over all Powers.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 10:24am On Jan 10, 2021
Afamed:

Don't be silly with your Akufa theory
you must be mad to say such, why not pass by if you have nothing tangible to say, when you are off your heat period and can ask questions the right way then we can talk
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 10:34am On Jan 10, 2021
sokeril:

In this day of autopsy you still believe in Akufa?
How can Your Akufa be proven pls.
I will answer your question, and this is the last time on this subject, Akufa is not a name of a deadly disease, no!!! when one gives birth to twins it is called " ibeji " , when you marry it is called "igbeyawo", Akufa is just a Yoruba word for quick suspicious successive deaths in a close knitted family in a very short period of time. Akufa is just a name given to such scenario. ( I can't go further than this)

The mere facts we are westernized does not mean we should not acknowledge basic part of our culture, the whitewashing in this country is real, the Europeans really did a good job.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2021
capitalzero:

I am yoruba. Akufa is nonsense in this era.
The funny things about most Nigerians that are obsessed with Christianity and westernization is they just do it for the public, privately they know how to sort out their problems with things we can't say here.

Mr man, I am certain I uphold more western values than you, but I am round, I am open to seeing new ways of life, I am a field Geologist, most times my work demand I stay in villages and hamlets, I have been to many villages in southern part of the country but among our people ( Yorubas) I have learnt a lot and I have discovered that most of our ancient practices are still active but on a low key.

It is only in Nigeria people will cast away some spiritual phenomenon as local, fake and extinct but this same people will shout " village people" whenever they have problem in any aspect of their life, now see the hypocrisy.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 10:57am On Jan 10, 2021
Christistruth00:

If he ever watched Arelu and saw the darkness involved in it he would have understood better what was happening

Orisabunmi was a deep Cultist

Any Statements otherwise is whitewashing Propaganda

Jesus is Lord over all Powers.
Spot on, thanks for this.
I am done with all these White "apologists" unfortunately they are not worth more than a stick in the eyes of their white masters, Christianity is light, I am a christian but there are many parts of our culture that still exist denying them for social media relevance is gross ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

The funny things about most Nigerians that are obsessed with Christianity and westernization is they just do it for the public, privately they know how to sort out their problems with things we can't say here.

Mr man, I am certain I uphold more western values than you, but I am round, I am open to seeing new ways of life, I am a field Geologist, most times my work demand I stay in villages and hamlets, I have been to many villages in southern part of the country but among our people ( Yorubas) I have learnt a lot and I have discovered that most of our ancient practices are still active but on a low key.

It is only in Nigeria people will cast away some spiritual phenomenon as local, fake and extinct but this same people will shout " village people" whenever they have problem in any aspect of their life, now see the hypocrisy.

A field geologist with the mentality and world view of a village palm wine tapper.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Guestlander:

A field geologist with the mentality and world view of a village palm wine tapper.

Are you better than a village palm wine tapper? I have met many palm wine tappers that will dust your 2.7mb brain capacity in seconds.
you are just being spoonfed, when reality hits you, you will know that life is not all about what the media force down your throat.

lastly, show me that Covid was responsible for the deaths of those 3 or I will take it that you are a low calibre Idiot.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 12:40pm On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

Are you better than a village palm wine tapper? I have met many palm wine tappers that will dust your 2.7mb brain capacity in seconds.
you are just being spoonfed, when reality hits you, you will know that life is not all about what the media force down your throat.

lastly, show me that Covid was responsible for the deaths of those 3 or I will take it that you are a low calibre Idiot.

This is how you cage your brain with stupid superstitions and dumb assumptions. I am being spoonfed by whom? You have to feel sorry for the black race when a supposedly educated fellow is thinking like a layman. I must admit like you said that some palm wine tappers are far more intelligent and far more receptive to new ideas than you are.
If people like you are the type of "educated" people our institutions are churning out then we are in trouble as a nation.
I have shown you examples of where covid-19 killed multiple family members, though not in Nigeria and I pray it doesn't get to that. With people like you who will attribute it to "akufa" only God can help us.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
Guestlander:

This is how you cage your brain with stupid superstitions and dumb assumptions. I am being spoonfed by whom? You have to feel sorry for the black race when a supposedly educated fellow is thinking like a layman. I must admit like you said that some palm wine tappers are far more intelligent and far more receptive to new ideas than you are.
If people like you are the type of "educated" people our institutions are churning out then we are in trouble as a nation.
I have shown you examples of where covid-19 killed multiple family members, though not in Nigeria and I pray it doesn't get to that. With people like you who will attribute it to "akufa" only God can help us.

your education is a waste!!! I am not sorry to say that,your mind has no ability to relearn new things, you are a slave to the white and slave you will forever be, assuming that Akufa phenomenon was from an European country, I know you will take it hook, line and sinker but because it is from the black race, you are thrashing it.

why is it that most people of your kind keep shouting " village people" on any misfortune they encounter if they do not believe in spirituality?.

There are over 20 Yoruba spiritual phenomenon that is still active till today but block heads like you would their best to deflect it, personally I think the degree of your stupidity should be rewarded with a prison sentence.
you ran away the first time, I will frustrate you till you run again.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

your education is a waste!!! I am not sorry to say that,your mind has no ability to relearn new things, you are a slave to the white and slave you will forever be, assuming that Akufa phenomenon was from an European country, I know you will take it hook, line and sinker but because it is from the black race, you are thrashing it.

why is it that most people of your kind keep shouting " village people" on any misfortune they encounter if they do not believe in spirituality?.

There are over 20 Yoruba spiritual phenomenon that is still active till today but block heads like you would their best to deflect it, personally I think the degree of your stupidity should be rewarded with a prison sentence.
you ran away the first time, I will frustrate you till you run again.

When people say "village people" I know people don't take it literally except for dumb people like you. I am completely proud of my culture but I am not stupid like you. Just yesterday, I was discussing with a friend about how our Indigenous languages can be used to teach children up to a certain age before introducing foreign languages. That is to show you that I am far more passionate about my heritage than you can imagine.
That being said, accepting something hook, line and sinker is exactly what you are doing here, and that is a function of an unquestioning mind. A mind that is either too slow or completely locked in superstitions.
You claimed you are educated but still talk and act like someone who has never seen the four walls of a classroom. What a waste of time and resources.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 1:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
Guestlander:

When people say "village people" I know people don't take it literally except for dumb people like you. I am completely proud of my culture but I am not stupid like you. Just yesterday I was discussing with a friend about how our Indigenous languages can be used to teach children up to a certain age before introducing foreign languages. I am far more passionate about my heritage than you can imagine.
That being said, accepting something hook, line and sinker is exactly what you are doing here, and that is a function of an unquestioning mind. A mind that is either too slow or completely locked in superstitions.
You claimed you are educated but still talk and act like someone who has never seen the four walls of a classroom. What a waste of time and resources.

you are just regurgitating same thrash, your scope of the Yoruba culture is subzero, your westernization value is abysmal, you are loosing on both fronts, from your first post I know you are just a toddler being spoonfed by people around you, exchanging words with you is like beating a dead horse, I just pray that you will not experience one of these things one day.

Some things are not for public consumption, but what I know about Yoruba culture, if you exhaust your life here, reincarnate and exhaust it again, you can't catch up.
Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by Guestlander: 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
jagorinho:

you are just regurgitating same thrash, your scope of the Yoruba culture is subzero, your westernization value is abysmal, you are loosing on both fronts, from your first post I know you are just a toddler being spoonfed by people around you, exchanging words with you is like beating a dead horse, I just pray that you will not experience one of these things one day.

Some things are not for public consumption, but what I know about Yoruba culture, if you exhaust your life here, reincarnate and exhaust it again, you can't catch up.

I hate chatting with fools with boated ego because they always think they know something when in fact they are extremely dumb.
Mr. Akufa in 2021! Can't you see how stupid you sound? I feel sorry for the children that are looking up to you for answers and guidance, if any.
Please don't pass on your stupidity to the younger ones. It seems your brain is calcified to superstitions.
Ignorance is bliss, enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Late Orisabunmi’s Younger Sister Dies, Days After Brother’s Death by jagorinho: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
Guestlander:

I hate chatting with fools with boated ego because they always think they know something when in fact they are extremely dumb.
Mr. Akufa in 2021! Can't you see how stupid you sound? I feel sorry for the children that are looking up to you for answers and guidance, if any.
Please don't pass on your stupidity to the younger ones. It seems your brain is calcified to superstitions.
Ignorance is bliss, enjoy it.

lol, you are a brand ambassador for stupidity, The idiot said "Akufa in 2021"? so your dumb brain believes some spiritual phenomenon would stop existing just because we are in a new century? I just confirmed that I have been exchanging words with a dullard. damn it!!!
my condolences to any child that will take a bit of your pathetic DNA.

The problem with condemned souls like yours is that is that anything you have not experienced physically then it does not exist, you have forgotten that all your primary 5 senses might fail you.

I know your brain is not built optimally for complex discussions like this, my regards to your teachers in school, they have have done a very harrowing job for block heads like you to finally read and write.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023:I Lost All My Classmates During The Civil War... Tinubu / Peter Obi Is Not A Liar! Barrack Obama’s Wife Sparks Reactions To Obi’s Controve / Official Anambra State Gubernetoral Election (peter Obi wins)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.