Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha (4102 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode At The Burial Of Hilary Chikwendu, His Father-In-Law In Anambra / Obasanjo Arrives In Zimbabwe For The Burial Of Robert Mugabe (photo) / 2019:atiku And Peter Obi Visit Obi Of Onitsha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by favor914: 3:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bendeco2020:
God bless Onitsha kingdom.

God bless Umuikem, my village.

I greet the great Onitsha men/women here.
Better People.

1 Like

Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by favor914: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2021
Kamanuozuzu:
And when Nnamdi Kanu says "Igala is Biafraland", some dimwits will start foaming in the mouth.

Anything that young man says, Jo matter how bizarre, just scratch the surface, and u'll see its the truth.
Is President Buhari a clone from Sudan?
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by descarado: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
Bendeco2020:
God bless Onitsha kingdom.

God bless Umuikem, my village.

I greet the great Onitsha men/women here.
Pls you tell me more about umuikem.
In fact, all the villages in onitsha.
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by nsiba: 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2021
Okokobiyoko, so that my guy Juliusmalema is mixture of Benin, Igala and IBO what a super man
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by ikennamadu1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
adadike:
leave us, let it be. Yes we are proud of whatever heritage God gave us. Go and deal more with your Imo sisters begging the so called Igala and Enugu men to come and marry them. Since Papa like you wants to dance surugede, ngwa get ready Maka obukwa egwu nmuo.

come stop typing shit here .. one person come out do video no mean say others like them .. weh you common look bush nobody gives a Bleep

1 Like

Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by madmohamed(m): 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2021
adadike:
nwanem, they are no longer hiding their obsession and jealousy
Ada mmadu Happy Sunday

1 Like

Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by adadike(f): 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
madmohamed:
Ada mmadu Happy Sunday
I wish you the best my love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:

Do you know my Hobby?
I like Educating ignorant people.

1. Ijaws don't control anything, I mean anything.
The local government where you can find them is Ese Odo local government, still surrounded by Yoruba towns and the name self is Yoruba. Ijaws don't own a local government, kindly note that.

2. Do you even know Lagos? Lagos Benin people are talking about is Lagos island not Lagos state, kindly educate your ignorant mind.
A lot of towns and cities on Lagos mainland were formerly In Ogun state before they joined them to Lagos Island. (Its like you guys don't do history over there)

3. Benin People cannot even tell us Oba originated from them. They should give me the lexicon of Oba in Benin language cheesy

4. Go to ijebu ode and tell them They're from Sudan and are not Yoruba cheesy It's just like saying Port novo is not a Yoruba town because it's in Benin Republic cheesy

5. Anyone, can change his Oba to Emir if he wishes so stop masturbating on whatever you don't know, do u even know the road to ilorin talkless of knowing those who reside there Or ain't you aware when Olu of Iwo said he wanna change his Oba to Emir?

6. And who told you Kaaba has been conquered or so? Alayee shut up Abeq.

7. My having a convo with Original Igbos from SE not the tap in Igbos that shares a state with Yoruba tribe in delta. cheesy

8. If you ask me, I think you should worry about your brothers who refuses to be identified as Igbos, Abi Wetin concern me cheesy

Check all yoruba towns irrespective of Their location, they still wanna be with their knits, goan sort yourself and stop dreaming of Yorubas, we ain't the cause of you guys misfortune grin

Here is a lexicon for you: list of olubadanscof Ibadan:

"Ba’ale Maye Okunade (1820-1830)
Ba’ale Oluyedun
Ba’ale Lakanle
Bashorun Oluyole 1850
Ba’ale Oderinlo 1850
Ba’ale Oyeshile Olugbode 1851-1864
Ba’ale Ibikunle 1864
Bashorun Ogunmola 1865-1867
Ba’ale Akere I 1867-1870
Ba’ale Orowusi 1870-1871
Are Ona Kakanfo Obadoke Latosa 1871-1885
Ba’ale Ajayi Osungbekun 1885-1893
Ba’ale Fijabi I 1893-1895
Ba’ale Oshuntoki 1895-1897
Ba’ale Fajinmi 1897-1902
Ba’ale Mosaderin 1902-1904
Ba’ale Dada Opadare 1904-1907
Ba’ale Sunmonu Apampa 1907-1910
Ba’ale Akintayo Awanibaku Elenpe 1910-1912
Ba’ale Irefin 1912-1914
Ba’ale Shittu Latosa (son of Are Latosa) 1914-1925
Ba’ale Oyewole Foko 1925-1929
Olubadan Okunola Abass 1930-1946
Olubadan Akere I 1946
Olubadan Oyetunde I 1946
Olubadan Akintunde Bioku 1947-1948
Olubadan Fijabi II 1948-1952
Olubadan Alli Iwo 1952
Olubadan Apete 1952-1955
Oba Isaac Babalola Akinyele 1955-1964
Oba Yesufu Kobiowu July 1964 – December 1964
Oba Salawu Akanni Aminu 1965-1971
Oba Shittu Akintola Oyetunde II 1971-1976
Oba Gbadamosi Akanbi Adebimpe 1976-1977
Oba Daniel ‘Tayo Akinbiyi 1977-1982
Oba Yesufu Oloyede Asanike I 1982-1994
Oba Emmanuel Adegboyega Operinde I (1994-1999)
Oba Yunusa Ogundipe Arapasowu I (1999-2007)
Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade I (2007-2016)
"

The title Oba belongs to only one throne: Omo n'Oba n'Edo your Yoruba people copied it.
And it is the entire Lagos which belongs to Benin empire.
Stop talking on behalf of Edo people when you are clearly not Edo.
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by IBNDIEGO: 11:11pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ikengawo:
Onitsha, a town in Anambra state has 9 communities in which Igala has 2 (Ogbodu and Obigboru), Benin has 4 and Igbo has 3. Igala was said to be the first people in Onitsha as they had been camping (having fishing tents) by the side of the river Niger doing their fishing before the crossing of Benin people to the area. The Igala were the one who helped the Benin Prince and his people to cross the river Niger by carrying the Benin people in their (Igala) fishing boats and canoes to the side now called Onitsha, thus Igala were the host while the Benin were strangers at that time.
Though the Igala people were there before the Benin people, they built their houses at the river side while the Benin prince and his people who moved to the dry land formed the head of the area, thus the Benin people became the ruling class as Obi of Onitsha till this day. But Igala and Igbo play their roles too. Igala have a role to play in the traditional council. The Igala people are in charge of the design of the royal clothes/regalia as well as burial of any transited Obi of Onitsha. Remember that the burial of such a person requires many spiritual activities. I will tell you one. The masquerade which performs the last icholo (rite) is an Igala masquerade called Egwu-Afia. Just like in Kogi Igala Okwulat (feast of the ancestors) where a song Ebule kpolama kegwu alo, and women as well as non-initiated males leave the location, the Onitsha Egwu-Afia masquerade speaks and signs in Igala language, and the final song which concludes the burial activities is Ononojo nalo kibawawa nalo.. (meaning strangers, leave let it remain us, the indigenes..), and now none indigenes would have to move from the burial site, oral history revealed. The mother of one late Obi of Onitsha (Obi Eze Aroli) was Igala, and her name was Enubi (meaning the supporter or one to lean on. The male version in Kogi is Enebi/Eneubi).
And before I forget, this Egwu-Afia is still part of the burial rites of anyone who dies in this 2 Igala communities- Ogbodu and Obigboru till date, and was used for one important figure who was one of the fighters for the independent of Nigeria from that side during his burial, reliable sources told me. Egwu-Afia is exclusively of Igala, and any community is found till tomorrow in Nigeria is indigenous Igala people, as the masquerade is only found among the oma Egwu-Afia clan (Note: Not all Igalas are Oma Egwu-Afia clans but all Oma Egwu-Afia clans are Igalas).
God bless the throne of Obi of Onitsha, God bless Ogbogu and Obigboru people, God bless entire Igala people.
Ayegba A. A.
(General Igala Ambassador)
Founder of United Igala Kingdom, and
Leader, Discover and Reconnect indigenous Igala People across Nigeria project

https://www.facebook.com/Indigenous-igala-people-worldwide-109837710777439/photos/pcb.196362365458306/196362288791647/
we also have that igala masquerade in Asaba
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by Sammy07: 6:01am On Jan 11, 2021
[s]
nocomment1:

Here is a lexicon for you: list of olubadanscof Ibadan:

"Ba’ale Maye Okunade (1820-1830)
Ba’ale Oluyedun
Ba’ale Lakanle
Bashorun Oluyole 1850
Ba’ale Oderinlo 1850
Ba’ale Oyeshile Olugbode 1851-1864
Ba’ale Ibikunle 1864
Bashorun Ogunmola 1865-1867
Ba’ale Akere I 1867-1870
Ba’ale Orowusi 1870-1871
Are Ona Kakanfo Obadoke Latosa 1871-1885
Ba’ale Ajayi Osungbekun 1885-1893
Ba’ale Fijabi I 1893-1895
Ba’ale Oshuntoki 1895-1897
Ba’ale Fajinmi 1897-1902
Ba’ale Mosaderin 1902-1904
Ba’ale Dada Opadare 1904-1907
Ba’ale Sunmonu Apampa 1907-1910
Ba’ale Akintayo Awanibaku Elenpe 1910-1912
Ba’ale Irefin 1912-1914
Ba’ale Shittu Latosa (son of Are Latosa) 1914-1925
Ba’ale Oyewole Foko 1925-1929
Olubadan Okunola Abass 1930-1946
Olubadan Akere I 1946
Olubadan Oyetunde I 1946
Olubadan Akintunde Bioku 1947-1948
Olubadan Fijabi II 1948-1952
Olubadan Alli Iwo 1952
Olubadan Apete 1952-1955
Oba Isaac Babalola Akinyele 1955-1964
Oba Yesufu Kobiowu July 1964 – December 1964
Oba Salawu Akanni Aminu 1965-1971
Oba Shittu Akintola Oyetunde II 1971-1976
Oba Gbadamosi Akanbi Adebimpe 1976-1977
Oba Daniel ‘Tayo Akinbiyi 1977-1982
Oba Yesufu Oloyede Asanike I 1982-1994
Oba Emmanuel Adegboyega Operinde I (1994-1999)
Oba Yunusa Ogundipe Arapasowu I (1999-2007)
Oba Samuel Odulana Odugade I (2007-2016)
"

The title Oba belongs to only one throne: Omo n'Oba n'Edo your Yoruba people copied it.
And it is the entire Lagos which belongs to Benin empire.
Stop talking on behalf of Edo people when you are clearly not Edo.
[/s]

Pure thrash
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 11, 2021
nsiba:
Okokobiyoko, so that my guy Juliusmalema is mixture of Benin, Igala and IBO what a super man

Lol

make I Just laugh....U are not serious.
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2021
Sammy07:

Pure thrash
Truth hurts
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by hitmanogo: 9:23am On Dec 27, 2021
IBNDIEGO:
we also have that igala masquerade in Asaba

Trash
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by hitmanogo: 9:24am On Dec 27, 2021
[s][/s]
Ikengawo:
Onitsha, a town in Anambra state has 9 communities in which Igala has 2 (Ogbodu and Obigboru), Benin has 4 and Igbo has 3. Igala was said to be the first people in Onitsha as they had been camping (having fishing tents) by the side of the river Niger doing their fishing before the crossing of Benin people to the area. The Igala were the one who helped the Benin Prince and his people to cross the river Niger by carrying the Benin people in their (Igala) fishing boats and canoe[s][/s]s to the side now called Onitsha, thus Igala were the host while the Benin were strangers at that time.
Though the Igala people were there before the Benin people, they built their houses at the river side while the Benin prince and his people who moved to the dry land formed the head of the area, thus the Benin people became the ruling class as Obi of Onitsha till this day. But Igala and Igbo play their roles too. Igala have a role to play in the traditional council. The Igala people are in charge of the design of the royal clothes/regalia as well as burial of any transited Obi of Onitsha. Remember that the burial of such a person requires many spiritual activities. I will tell you one. The masquerade which performs the last icholo (rite) is an Igala masquerade called Egwu-Afia. Just like in Kogi Igala Okwulat (feast of the ancestors) where a song Ebule kpolama kegwu alo, and women as well as non-initiated males leave the location, the Onitsha Egwu-Afia masquerade speaks and signs in Igala language, and the final song which concludes the burial activities is Ononojo nalo kibawawa nalo.. (meaning strangers, leave let it remain us, the indigenes..), and now none indigenes would have to move from the burial site, oral history revealed. The mother of one late Obi of Onitsha (Obi Eze Aroli) was Igala, and her name was Enubi (meaning the supporter or one to lean on. The male version in Kogi is Enebi/Eneubi).
And before I forget, this Egwu-Afia is still part of the burial rites of anyone who dies in this 2 Igala communities- Ogbodu and Obigboru till date, and was used for one important figure who was one of the fighters for the independent of Nigeria from that side during his burial, reliable sources told me. Egwu-Afia is exclusively of Igala, and any community is found till tomorrow in Nigeria is indigenous Igala people, as the masquerade is only found among the oma Egwu-Afia clan (Note: Not all Igalas are Oma Egwu-Afia clans but all Oma Egwu-Afia clans are Igalas).
God bless the throne of Obi of Onitsha, God bless Ogbogu and Obigboru people, God bless entire Igala people.
Ayegba A. A.
(General Igala Ambassador)
Founder of United Igala Kingdom, and
Leader, Discover and Reconnect indigenous Igala People across Nigeria project

https://www.facebook.com/Indigenous-igala-people-worldwide-109837710777439/photos/pcb.196362365458306/196362288791647/

Bullshit....
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by Arda1000(m): 9:31am On Dec 27, 2021
nku5:

I thought Ezechima came from Anioma
not really but he might have found some neighboring communities along the way
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by Asapchris(m): 11:09am On Dec 27, 2021
Thank you guys for making me laugh. Aje
Re: Igala, An Important Role Player In The Burial Rite Of Any Late Obi Of Onitsha by slivertongue: 1:00pm On Dec 27, 2021
adadike:
leave us, let it be. Yes we are proud of whatever heritage God gave us. Go and deal more with your Imo sisters begging the so called Igala and Enugu men to come and marry them. Since Papa like you wants to dance surugede, ngwa get ready Maka obukwa egwu nmuo.

This is harsh coming from a lady " Go and deal more with your Imo sisters begging the so called Igala and Enugu men to come and marry them. "

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With A Sea Port In SE & SS / Peter Obi Caught Sleeping And Snoring In Lafia / How President Ruto Removed Fuel Subsidy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.