Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,375 members, 7,800,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction (19743 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction? / Beware Of Fake "Dentistry Course Or Dentists". / 8 Interesting Facts About Dentists And Teeth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Damian457: 2:00am On Jan 10, 2021
Good morning, This is a counter thread to this topic:

https://www.nairaland.com/6354106/why-nigerian-dentists-always-suggest

There are basically 3 reasons why Nigerian Dentists will rather do extraction than a root canal treatment and they include;

1. Cost: The average cost of an anterior teeth root canal is 22k + 35k for crowning and 28k + 35k for posterior teeth in a GOVERNMENT HOSPITAL, Private clinics should be x2 or x3 of the quoted price. For those that don’t know the meaning of crowning it’s a procedure to reenforce the tooth structure after a root canal procedure.
So the question is how many persons can afford to part with over 57k to treat only one tooth when the minimum wage is 33k?? No Government Health Insurance for citizens, The so called NHIS is in shambles, the last time I checked some HMOs in NHIS don’t cover RCT. Payment for Dental care is out of pocket.
Sometimes when you tell patients about the whole root canal procedure they are excited till it gets to money part, some will even be like 57k for just one tooth? Please just remove it.

2. Deteriorated Condition: The first source of help for Nigerian Dental Patients anytime they feel pain is the “Chemist” , some even go to extent of getting dental formulas, powders and concoctions (Mama Agness Dental Formula) to alleviate their pain. Pain is a symptom not a pathology, when you apply those formulas and concoction, the pain may subside but the disease process will continue. Sometimes patient delay in seeking treatment and when they eventually come the tooth is already grossly compromised and are even Retained Roots.

3. Availability of Equipments: We all know healthcare is not a priority in Nigeria. Our hospitals are in shambles and in bad conditions. I will say this without any apology, the only way to get quality medical treatment in Nigeria is via private hospitals if you can afford their fees. Government hospitals are Jokes.
How many governments hospitals have OPG machines? Digital Xray machines or Even functioning dental chairs? How many Nigerians can afford to pay 90-114k per tooth in a Private Clinic to get quality dental care?

The question should be directed to the Government who have kept the citizens in perpetual poverty, with no health care insurance and has made it impossible for them to afford basic life needs.

Let me know If you think otherwise.

127 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by 1Alex: 2:45am On Jan 10, 2021
Thanks for explaining

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Damian457: 2:48am On Jan 10, 2021
You’re welcome boss
1Alex:
Thanks for explaining
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by dawnomike(m): 5:04am On Jan 10, 2021
Wow! This is a professional in the field... Nice explanation. I agree with you.

Your second point is a major factor...

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Damian457: 7:16am On Jan 10, 2021
You’re welcome boss
dawnomike:
Wow! This is a professional in the field... Nice explanation. I agree with you.

Your second point is a major factor...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by BoboNogoDie: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Because most don't know anything.

Because that's what they were taught in school

Because it's the easiest thing to do

Because they are lazy

Because they can make quick cash by the procedure.

THAT'S ALL.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Godpikin4real(f): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2021
OK.
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by BoboNogoDie: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Lazy ignorant people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by tardell007(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Tell em
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by zedegit: 10:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Okay
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by slawormiir: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
I put on my intellectual cap as I perused and read between lines while blazing my weed and I must say this op write up is not devoid of intellect

Tooth ache is a pain in the asss though
Nobody should pray for it..

When he do my little sister that year ehnnnn
Nobody dey sleep for that house..once the pain start ....Nobody dey sleep.....

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2021
grin
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 10, 2021
dat one no consign me undecided

all I wan no na the time wey dat old puke will die. so that Nigeria can start building again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by blinking001(m): 10:49am On Jan 10, 2021
Because they are half baked and annoying lazy

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by lailo: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2021
The Abokis are the reasons. Argue with ur keyboard

Modified
I first wrote Ab-okis but mod changed it to northerners. 20 years for that mod cos I no send u.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by ena5four(m): 10:51am On Jan 10, 2021
Tor
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Salimthedream: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2021
Ehya na extraction simple pass.
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by zedegit: 10:51am On Jan 10, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Bro. I asked for your assistance yesterday.
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by jericco1(m): 10:52am On Jan 10, 2021
How much does it take to replace a tooth.
Omo I have forgotten the medical name or procedure
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by AntiChristian: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2021
I agree totally with OP.

To remove a tooth i paid 8k with compulsory washing at a government facility about 6yrs ago.

The cost is truly too much for the masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Broken2020: 10:52am On Jan 10, 2021
Is the mod pushing this to front page having toothache?

Yesterday this topic was on front page

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Quelme: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2021
In a nutshell, everything boils down to funding!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by BigDawsNet: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2021
Saving a tooth is damn expensive...

Only if you can afford it

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by TopGraphics172: 10:53am On Jan 10, 2021
Okay

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Sterope(f): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2021
It is still irresponsible and unprofessional to suggest extraction. You owe your client that choice and your professionalism.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by updatechange(m): 10:54am On Jan 10, 2021
Sleepy @MBuhari claims the #Insurgency and rampant banditry will end this year. Unfortunately, #Sleepy’s wishful thinking won’t root out #BokoHaram or kick #Nigeria's #Inflation bug. Today, I measure inflation at 31.91%/yr. This is over 2x the phony official rate.

From Prof Steve hanke Twitter handle

1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by STRI1: 10:55am On Jan 10, 2021
It is well
Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 10, 2021
Toothache!
The worst experience I ever had. There’s nothing I didn’t take for medication. Dental powder, dental solutions, dental herbal mixtures, fuel, kerosene, urine, Kai kai, name it.... ? I use to carry sensodyne toothpaste in my pocket , midnight crying.. chai.... I’m not talking about shedding tears, I’m talking about real crying like a flogged child. Sometimes it comes like an attack, sometimes it comes like I’m about to have stroke.. chai .... one night I wanted to pluck out my teeth with plier due to pains.

God bless Dr. Magnus ... Federal School of Dental.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 10:55am On Jan 10, 2021
Ogbeni 50k is nothing, stop justifying your nonchalant attitude to work....

You can't tell me because few can't pay means anybody that visit your lazy office you tell him/her extraction straight without finding out first if they're cool with that that or not... Stupid excuse

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Dentists Always Suggest Extraction by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 10, 2021
[MY OPINION] never read with the mindset of a racist. Read with a plain overall view

It will get to a point in the history of America that people who determine who becomes the president ( or occupy other political public offices) will be the black-american, Latinos, Asians Americans and other race other than the real native Americans themselves.

America is a country many race are migrating to in other to get themselve a citizen Right. Which is commendable, America policies and laws welcome and allows migrants easily,( trump made it more harder)

If Americans keep welcoming migrant into the country and giving out US. citizenship-Right easily, blacks, Latinos Asians-Americans will overpopulate and overshadow the native Americans themselves (in later years, probably go in extinction) while the country get dominated by race from part of the world..

The advantages and benefit..

1. USA will be highly populated with people with diverse skills, ideas from different part of the world.
2. USA will be a "game changer" for those looking for greener pastures in other countries, maybe because of the bad-state of the country they are leaving
(You can keep a long list of the advantages and benefit)

The risk and possible disadvantages
1. Infiltration will be so easy (for terrorists, fraudster, and other related crimes

2. We will have few Patriots in America, because most migrants who got the USA citizenship are already a citizen by birth in a country previously. Majority of them will citizen America citizenship as an"option B" (Same applicable to those who have citizen by birth in America but are blacks, Asian or Latino, they will have to understand thier root isn't from America).

The military, public offices and major institution in the country has high percentage of been compromised by migrants issued U.S citizenship.

Am not discouraging migration, but USA need to accept migrants with extreme caution and high sense if discretion,
Especially when issuing it country whose citizens are desperate leave their country!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Black People With Blue Eyes. The beautiful few / Woman Gives Birth To Quintuplets In Kogi, Stranded (Photo) / How Insufficient Anti-snake Venom, Treatment Centres Fuels Deaths In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.