Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It (2714 Views)

Electric Car: Electric Car Battery Exploded In Florida USA / Moment A Parked All-electric Tesla Model S Car Exploded In A Garage / Li Xang: A Chinese Car With A Sleek Design And Amazing Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by gonkin(m): 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
sheu01:

How much is TRANE battery ... Pls any idea about d current PRICE
Ain't got any idea
Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by gonkin(m): 10:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
After working my magic on the truck. I started it up yesterday. Its was just like normal. I then decided to upgrade the alternator. The stock alternator should be over 20 years. Doesn't exist in the market and I'm not satisfied with the Amperes. So i got me one from a sequoia. 130A. FITTED IT WITH CRAZY BRACKET. loaded the truck with everything turned on except ac cuz it lost gas during the fire. And it really handled well. Though cant tell if its cuz of the 100A 5 year old obsolete deep cycle battery Im using.

Idle voltage 14.2 full load without ac. Even with a vacuum cleaner and portable tyre pump running. Full beams / rear defrost, wipers and floodlights. Climate control fans all high. Everything electrical except the horn was powered and i got 14.14v. Not bad at all

1 Like

Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by gonkin(m): 9:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
So the fan shroud was damaged and shroud is kind of important for cooling. 2days ago I visited warri to get a new alternator(used) for a tundra also a fan clutch blade. The cost of items there were so alarm. A small rubber tube they'll say 9k, i wonder why the price of items were over inflated. Even the fan shroud was tagged at 10k for something with a crack and wasn't sure if it would fit,gave up on that one.

So back home I've been driving around like usual and decided to visit the junk yard where cars are butched like meat. My uncle sold his jaguar xjr to be butchered just cuz it experiences hard start. I actually got a fan shroud for just 1500 In a good condition. Just an inch shorter. I was so excited. Took it home and began my science. Working on it to fit.

Took me time but I fixed it right

2 Likes

Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by gonkin(m): 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Also got a coolant overflow tank for 500 was so tired will fix it tomorrow. The fan shroud looks like the original

2 Likes

Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by aieromon(m): 10:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
gonkin:

So back home I've been driving around like usual and decided to visit the junk yard where cars are butched like meat.

An active junkyard? Do you have pictures?
Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by gonkin(m): 10:12pm On Jan 13, 2021
aieromon:

An active junkyard? Do you have pictures?

Wish i did. Not the kind of junkyard you see in TV where they pile on car on top another. They just cut cars for the metal then put the accessories at the corner. Car seat, steering wheel, levers, headlamps even complete engine

1 Like

Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by system000001(m): 8:13am On Nov 04, 2022
If u want to sale this car am interested in buying it pls 07039502966
Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by dicksonadams(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2022
gonkin:
So the fan shroud was damaged and shroud is kind of important for cooling. 2days ago I visited warri to get a new alternator(used) for a tundra also a fan clutch blade. The cost of items there were so alarm. A small rubber tube they'll say 9k, i wonder why the price of items were over inflated. Even the fan shroud was tagged at 10k for something with a crack and wasn't sure if it would fit,gave up on that one.

So back home I've been driving around like usual and decided to visit the junk yard where cars are butched like meat. My uncle sold his jaguar xjr to be butchered just cuz it experiences hard start. I actually got a fan shroud for just 1500 In a good condition. Just an inch shorter. I was so excited. Took it home and began my science. Working on it to fit.

Took me time but I fixed it right

Is the juckyard owode market?
Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by Dramadiddy(m): 11:24am On Nov 04, 2022
hello OP, i just read your experience and it made me wonder, if i increase my AC fan, does it affect the load on my battery and if the battery is weak, can it lead to the car shutting down/tripping off (as in my own experience)
Re: Car Battery Exploded And Almost Took My Car With It by gonkin(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2022
dicksonadams:

Is the juckyard owode market?

No sir. The one i speak about is in delta state

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Check Engine Number Of Toyota Corolla 2000 / Placing A V6 Or V8 Engine In A Mercedes Benz 190 / Honda Accord 2011 Engine Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.