Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,077 members, 7,807,223 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop (397 Views)

How Air Peace Lady Pilot Averted Fatal Accident Yesterday At Lagos Airport / Highlights Of The Tecno Camon X And X Pro Launch Yesterday At Eko Hotel / This Long Snake Was Killed In My Neighbour's Room Yesterday Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Draslo(m): 4:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
Yesterday, I was scheduled to meet a client at his 'office'. He ordered for a gold bracelet and I went to deliver it. I usually don't do this for security purposes but he was linked to me by someone who is trustworthy. On getting there, I discovered that the supposed office was a Gambling shop. He's the owner and the setting is quite impressive. He has 3 TVs and about 5-6 computers with operators on 5 of them. The last one was used by customers to 'book' their games.

I was a little bit early and I had to wait for him in the game room. I waited for close to 2 hours. I was observing the virtual gamers mostly as they're the most entertaining. I kept an eye on one elderly guy in particular. He came in shortly after I did. He brought out wads of cash. From my guess it would be 30-40k. The operator on the computer he was gambling on gave him a special treatment. So special that other gamers moved on to other operators and left only him more or less at that particular computer. He played a couple of games and won some, lost some. The cash in his hand was reducing and increasing at intervals. He wasn't really making any profit. He kept on counting his cash after every game, then all of a sudden, I heard 'check ticket, check ticket! Mo ti je iya yin!' Lo and behold, this guy won 125k with a 3k bet. I was intrigued! All the other low budget gamblers rushed to confirm it. I thought he would leave but no he came determined. He asked the operator to put the winnings in a calculator on the screen as he put the rest of the cash back into his pocket. I became more interested and kept a full tab on him. I even stood up to watch in case someone blocked my view. I was enjoying it and seriously tempted to join in. His game was almost perfect. When my client came, his calculator was reading 223k. His winnings were motivating the low budget gamblers and while he was cashing out, they were losing and rejoicing over winnings of 700, 1200 or 1500 only to lose it all again.

My client came and led me into a small cubicle, his office. He told me he makes close to a million every two weeks. He knew the elderly guy and said wasn't surprised when I told him how much he had won. He told me I came on one of his good days. He said the guy had once lost 400k on virtual betting in one day. I'm like what does do? Is he plucking money from trees? Turns out the guy has a job, a car and a nice rented apartment but his source of income isn't certain.

I play normal football matches on a popular gambling platform and even though I am not a regular, I'm considering quitting after what I experienced.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Kingosytex(m): 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nobody really gains anything from Virtual League...Tell them I said so undecided

You only keep revolving in same cycles before you are completely defeated.

This reminds me of an Edo man that was once living in my area, he was so addicted to the virtual bet that he always owed at least #100k each time he came to play game. The shop owner always let him go because the man will surely come the following day to pay the debt.

On a fateful day, he staked and owed them about #320k, he left as usual only for him to secretly pack his properties over night and japa grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Na so d man take settle the debt.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Prechgold1180(m): 4:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
tongue

1 Like

Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Draslo(m): 4:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Kingosytex:
Nobody really gains anything from Virtual League...Tell them I said so undecided

You only keep revolving in same cycles before you are completely defeated.

This reminds me of an Edo man that was once living in my area, he was so addicted to the virtual bet that he always owed at least #100k each time he came to play game. The shop owner always let him go because the man will surely come the following day to pay the debt.

On a fateful day, he staked and owed them about #320k, he left as usual only for him to secretly pack his properties over night and japa grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Na so d man take settle the debt.
Mehnnnn that virtual is a killer. Some boys that even came in with some change ended up begging winners "Bros you don chop! Abeg make I play one game na" in the hope that they'll win their money back but my brother they lost that game too. Funny part is when you see a grown up adult begging a computer screen, "Man U please score na, score na. I take God beg you.....Cheiiiii! Man U don kill me"
So sad, I tell you.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Martins004(m): 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
virtual is bad ........sport bet preferably
Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Omihanifa: 4:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
The only way I feel anybody can gain from gambling is by owning a game shop where other people can come in and bet.while you collect you own commission from company at the end of the week / month. Anything asides that is just waste of time and money undecided
Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by DICKstractor: 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
undecided

Betting is more like robbing from Peter and giving to Paul. It's a very addictive game especially when you win or someone close to you wins, you will get motivation to play more.

Betting can make someone a millionaire overnight and it can also wreck your life in a nano second
Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Malawian(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Draslo:
Yesterday, I was scheduled to meet a client at his 'office'. He ordered for a gold bracelet and I went to deliver it. I usually don't do this for security purposes but he was linked to me by someone who is trustworthy. On getting there, I discovered that the supposed office was a Gambling shop. He's the owner and the setting is quite impressive. He has 3 TVs and about 5-6 computers with operators on 5 of them. The last one was used by customers to 'book' their games.

I was a little bit early and I had to wait for him in the game room. I waited for close to 2 hours. I was observing the virtual gamers mostly as they're the most entertaining. I kept an eye on one elderly guy in particular. He came in shortly after I did. He brought out wads of cash. From my guess it would be 30-40k. The operator on the computer he was gambling on gave him a special treatment. So special that other gamers moved on to other operators and left only him more or less at that particular computer. He played a couple of games and won some, lost some. The cash in his hand was reducing and increasing at intervals. He wasn't really making any profit. He kept on counting his cash after every game, then all of a sudden, I heard 'check ticket, check ticket! Mo ti je iya yin!' Lo and behold, this guy won 125k with a 3k bet. I was intrigued! All the other low budget gamblers rushed to confirm it. I thought he would leave but no he came determined. He asked the operator to put the winnings in a calculator on the screen as he put the rest of the cash back into his pocket. I became more interested and kept a full tab on him. I even stood up to watch in case someone blocked my view. I was enjoying it and seriously tempted to join in. His game was almost perfect. When my client came, his calculator was reading 223k. His winnings were motivating the low budget gamblers and while he was cashing out, they were losing and rejoicing over winnings of 700, 1200 or 1500 only to lose it all again.

My client came and led me into a small cubicle, his office. He told me he makes close to a million every two weeks. He knew the elderly guy and said wasn't surprised when I told him how much he had won. He told me I came on one of his good days. He said the guy had once lost 400k on virtual betting in one day. I'm like what does do? Is he plucking money from trees? Turns out the guy has a job, a car and a nice rented apartment but his source of income isn't certain.

I play normal football matches on a popular gambling platform and even though I am not a regular, I'm considering quitting after what I experienced.
I know one high staker here. Always booking tickets in my cafe. The day I say this guy win more than 700k with just 1k and 1,500 stake, I nearly fainted. This is even the 3rd time I will confirm his winnings. You can imagine the kind winning that he had to do passport photograph and co for. He will book ridiculous looking games and put 5k in it. Yet, when you look at the ticket after the games have completed, maybe it will be just 4 games will spoil a ticket of more than 25games.
Re: My Experience Yesterday At A Gaming Shop by Draslo(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

Betting is more like robbing from Peter and giving to Paul. It's a very addictive as especially when you win or someone close to you wins, you will get motivation to play more.

Betting can make someone a millionaire overnight and it can also wreck your life in a nano second
You know what they say about Las Vegas? They say it's acity where you'll see taxi drivers who were once millionaires and millionaires who are now taxi drivers. Gambling sha.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Builds Solar-Powered Cooker That Has Television / Imported Face Mask Bulk Sales / First Electric Scooter Sharing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.