Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava (30267 Views)

Nigerians React As Tinubu Says "Is Evans A Herdsman?" At Fasoranti's Home / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter / Stranded Men Meet Fulani Herdsman In Abuja. See What Happened. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by 2mercy: 5:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
A local farmer has been arrested in Kaduna State after he allegedly fed poisoned cassava to a herd of cattle, killing two cows.

The state Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan disclosed this in a security update on Saturday.

Aruwan disclosed that the farmer, who he did not name, was arrested by soldiers after he was suspected of poisoning cattle in Gindin Dutse village of Jema’a local government area.

“Two cows had died in the village after eating some apparently poisoned cassava beside a farm. Troops trailed and arrested the owner of the farm, who is now undergoing preliminary investigations,” Aruwan said.

Meanwhile, the commissioner disclosed that troops under the auspices of Operation Safe Haven informed the Kaduna State Government of an attack by criminals in Kamaru Chawai village, Kauru local government area.

According to the update, the troops responded to a distress call from the village and arrived the location to find three persons – Sunday Joshua, Samson Andy and Mrs Tani Jacob – shot dead, and one person, John Joshua, injured.

Aruwan further disclosed that an eye-witness reported that four attackers arrived at the victims’ compound and an argument ensued in English, shortly after which the assailants opened fire on the victims.

The commissioner said that investigations indicated that the gunmen were criminals from a neighboring state who crossed over into the village to carry out the heinous act.

He said that Governor Nasir El-Rufai expressed shock and grief at the report of the attack, and condoled the families of the deceased, praying for the repose of their souls.

“The Governor further tasked security agencies to ensure a thorough investigation into the incident.

“Meanwhile, the corpses have been handed over to the relevant authorities in Chawai Chiefdom, and the injured victim is receiving treatment in a hospital in a neighboring state.

“Troops are sustaining patrols in the area,” the update read in part.

https://www.herald.ng/kaduna-farmer-arrested-for-feeding-herdsmans-cattle-poisoned-cassava/

1 Share

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Racoon(m): 5:10pm On Jan 10, 2021
Just imagine this useless government.No herdsmen have ever been arrested for all they atrocities they have committed against Nigerians even when they openly acknowledged it.

However, someone is being arrested even by soldiers that are supposed to arrest & deal with these maruaders cum killers simply because cattle died from eating poisoned cassava that cant be proven.Welcome to a world where cattle matters more than human lives.

274 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by tidalstorm(m): 5:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
Racoon:
Just imagine this useless government.No herdsmen have ever been arrested for all they atrocities they have committed against Nigerians even when they openly acknowledged it, but someone is being arrested because cattle died.Welcome to a world where cattle matters than human lives.

I swear, the herdsman should be arrested for stealing and vandalizing.
The farmer kept the cassava at the side of the road before the herdsman stole it through his cow.

When all this fulani go enter person farm clear 1mil+ investment, nobody go talk. But because cow die na him dem arrest innocent farmer wey na victim for this matter.
This country sef.

167 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by madmohamed(m): 5:22pm On Jan 10, 2021

11 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by funshint(m): 5:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Can you just imagine the nonsense. It's now the duty of soldiers to arrest people because of a dead cow?! Now you see why every region needs it's own "Amotekun"

151 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Cows now get soldiers guarding them

Buhari logic

51 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by inoki247: 5:35pm On Jan 10, 2021
so you're telling me if rat enter my house nd I set poison or trap for the rat wey wan come eat free meal for my house I will be arrested...

128 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Ayed44: 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
A time will soon come in Nigeria when soldiers will be arresting farmers for using pesticides to kill pests on their farmlands.

A cow on a farmland is a pest and if such a cow dies from consuming poisonous pesticides, it should not be the business of the army.

157 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by RenaissanceGuy: 6:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
It was even soldiers that did the arrest cry

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by NOwazobia: 7:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
Imagin being arrested for protecting your property, while the thief is set free. The thief was even the one who reported the property owner for guarding his property. This jungle is really interesting.

94 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Veqtor: 7:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Imagine the rubbish I'm reading.
So it has now become d responsibility of soldiers...who by the way, are supposed to be at d warfront, fighting bokoharam, to arrest a farmer.

A farmer, whose farm was prolly destroyed and his cassava stolen. So d thief is allowed to walk free, and carry on his destruction of farmlands, jus bcoz he is Fulani, while the innocent farmer is behind bars?

This is just a wake up call for the south.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Buharidgeneral: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
I swear na Fulani write 1999 Nigeria constitution.

Can you imagine the absurdity

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
Soldiers who cannot arrest Fulani herdsmen who are killing farmers and villagers in the north are now tracing a farmer whose cassava,a cow, went to eat and die for eating what does not belong to it.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by demsy21(m): 7:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
Cows Lives Matter
CLM

11 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Paperworka: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2021
The farmer should have poisoned all the grasses nearby angry angry

19 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by KAHBOOM: 8:25pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nawa

Wetin the cow dem find go the cassava farm? abi did he force the cow to eat the cassava in his own farm.

Our soldiers have reduced themselves to cow rangers in this Fulani regime

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
Lmfao

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Rhapsodia: 8:55pm On Jan 10, 2021
Watch as the Presidency will immediately respond to this news cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by truthfulparrot(m): 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
This is ridiculous! So I don't have the right to keep some poisoned cassava in my farm to kill rats and rodents destroying my crops? Is it my fault if the herdsmen allowed their cows to enter my farm to eat the cassava?

Please help me reason this matter.

16 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by AdaugoChisom(f): 9:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
I spread pesticides in my farm but you came with your cow to feed on them at my detriment but karma decided to deal with you...now you're arresting me for what I don't know.

18 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by harmargedon: 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
demsy21:
Cows Lives Matter CLM
grin[

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Kingluqman(m): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Chaiii
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Splendorgirl633(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
Funny fellow
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by 44Bulldog(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
angry
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by thaoriginator: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
grin

Very good....

Useless farmer!
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by sevo(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
Wow...the farmer that fed the cows poison has been swiftly arrested... Meanwhile, the criminals that killed some innocent citizens are still at large...ladies and gentlemen... Welcome to Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by NORSIYK(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
Imagine what the idiotic daura man has reduced our soldiers to.
Soldiers are now arresting people because of ordinary cows

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Impeachment: Deputy Gov, Others Block Ekiti Assembly Entrances / FG Gets 14-day Ultimatum To Lift Ban On Rice Importation / Nigerians React To Adebayo Shittu's NYSC Skipping Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.