Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava (30269 Views)

Nigerians React As Tinubu Says "Is Evans A Herdsman?" At Fasoranti's Home / ‘is Evans A Herdsman?’ — Tinubu Speaks On Murder Of Fasoranti’s Daughter / Stranded Men Meet Fulani Herdsman In Abuja. See What Happened. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Wakins(m): 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
sad
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by DisLifeSha: 9:30pm On Jan 10, 2021
The cow is more important than the cassava

2 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by mastermaestro(m): 9:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
inoki247:
so you're telling me if rat enter my house nd I set poison or trap for the rat wey wan come eat free meal for my house I will be arrested...

Yes, technically. grin grin So be careful with rats henceforth. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
Driedfish:
Meow meow.

Not impressed....

Not all herdsmen are killers, similarly not all igbos are IPOB..

Live and let live.

The evil you support has a way of turning on you. Why? Man no be God.
Continue.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Ulunne777(f): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
When you understand that it is actually your northern senators, hor and the executive that owns most of the cows then you will understand why the Army is involved.

You'd think their travels will expose them to the beauty of ranching but no perpertual olodo is who they are.

5 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by chukwuaustin(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
For what farmer you did well
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by misterjosh(m): 9:34pm On Jan 10, 2021
What's their business if the farmer's cassava was poisoned... should the cows be feasting on the farmer's crops in the first instance...

4 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by bigcasava1(m): 9:37pm On Jan 10, 2021
funshint:
Can you just imagine the nonsense. It's now the duty of soldiers to arrest people because of a dead cow?! Now you see why every region needs it's own "Amotekun"
do we have soilder in this country
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Sterope(f): 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
Unfirtunately, both are criminal acts under the law
tidalstorm:

I swear, the herdsman should be arrested for stealing and vandalizing.
The farmer kept the cassava at the side of the road before the herdsman stole it through his cow.

When all this fulani go enter person farm clear 1mil+ investment, nobody go talk. But because cow die na him dem arrest innocent farmer wey na victim for this matter.
This country sef.
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by KingRabota: 9:38pm On Jan 10, 2021
I seriously need to get out of this shithouse
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by rafcrown(m): 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
It's better to be a cow
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by kudinkarfe: 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2021
Imagine, three people were killed and nobody was arrested but the governor and @2mercy are worried over cow. I weep for this useless country.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by rafcrown(m): 9:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
It's glaring that the herdsmen are enjoying the support of the people on top. The country is seriously playing with hunger and starvation.

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Lenient001: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
If you want to give 'em poison please make sure that it's the one that'll kill 'em instantly because all these Bororo people are wicked o.. They might think of using them to retaliate.
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by 79733139(m): 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
As long as he insists that the poisoned cassava were for rodents and not cattle, he should be able to walk away free if the case is heard fairly. It would be difficult to prove that he did it intentionally for cattle. But, it is likely that the soldiers would just torture him till he confesses to committing all sorts of crime (that he didn't do).

Sterope:

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Firstpage: 9:45pm On Jan 10, 2021
Anansek your soldiers have been reduced to arresting farmers protecting their farm with pesticides. And you call this an army? Is this not a tribal army protecting Fulani herdsmen against farmers?

Sapele914 what do you have to say?
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Lamasta(m): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
It is the cows and the herdsman that should be arrested for trespassing on the farmers property

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Firstpage: 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sterope:

A farmer is a criminal for using pesticides against pests in his own farm? I don’t understand.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Babastrong(m): 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2021
This nation had been caursed since biafra war time. the only solution is to divide this country.
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Sterope(f): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
Yes, that is plausible grin

But it could be negligent, I don't know how that can turn out without access to all the information

79733139:
As long as he insists that the poisoned cassava were for rodents and not cattle, he should be able to walk away free if the case is heard fairly. It would be difficult to prove that he did it intentionally for cattle. But, it is likely that the soldiers would just torture him till he confesses to committing all sorts of crime (that he didn't do).

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by ibrano2013(m): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2021
���
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by solmusdesigns: 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
cool

Amotekun thanks once again... Kill this Idiots at Oke Ogun.. some starchy Cassava species are naturally poisonous on empty stomachs of animals

Cursed Fulani and their cow stole Cassava not belonging to them and Allah punished them as monafiqs that they are

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Sterope(f): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2021
No. He won't guilty of doing that.

That was not what the article is saying though.

Firstpage:

A farmer is a criminal for using pesticides against pests in his own farm? I don’t understand.
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Hssd8: 9:51pm On Jan 10, 2021
Regardless of what the situation is poisoning food to kill animals is wrong what if neighbouring children playing around get poisoned also... Some of you are just hostile for no reason... Smh

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by holarmylekan(m): 9:54pm On Jan 10, 2021
I pity those that still believe Nigeria still exists....
This country is DEAD!!!!!!
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by exminister(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
This must have happened only in Nigeria
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Sleekfingers: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
madmohamed:
I think the farmers should start doing that

this is what a farmer told me ,when i visited osun state....he said, cattles used to destroy his farm produce.....before he started putting poisoned yams ,cassava etc in his farm....the first day about 11 cattles died....he also gave some of his friends the poison......their cows were just dying...nobody tell those herders...dem no dey come any farm around that village......

All farmers in south should start putting poisonous edibles around their farms......by the time their cattles start dying like mosquitoes....nobody go tell those idiots ,before dem go Carry their cows elsewhere......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sterope:

How? Can you explain what the farmer did wrong?

1 Like

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by donprinyo(m): 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2021
provocative news from the zoo
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by osazsky(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
inoki247:
so you're telling me if rat enter my house nd I set poison or trap for the rat wey wan come eat free meal for my house I will be arrested...
hmmm.the only prob here is if its buhari daughters that owns the rat
Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by panpan(m): 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
The allegation of "poisoned cassava" should not even arise. Unprepared cassava, is not usually safe for consumption.

The cattle ate cassava beside a farm. It is not as if the farmer went to the cattle to feed them.

Cassava, an edible tuberous root often made into flour, contains cyanogenic glycosides, which can result in fatal cyanide poisoning if not properly detoxified by soaking, drying, and scraping before being consumed.

Herdsmen should know what type of food is suitable for cattle consumption, and keep their cattle away from food which may be naturally unsafe. In this particular case, the herdsmen were probably negligent.

3 Likes

Re: Kaduna Farmer Arrested For Feeding Herdsman’s Cattle Poisoned Cassava by 9gerian: 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2021
So the cattle ate cassava by the road side beside or in someone’s farm.

Questions:

1. Did the farmer offer the cattle the cassava?

2. If not, who permitted the cattle to eat another man’s cassava that it was not offered?

3. Is the farmer liable for the cattle’s death in this circumstance?

4. Why is the military getting involved in such domestic matter?

I’m just trying to understand the rationale for arresting the farmer...

“Two cows had died in the village after eating some apparently poisoned cassava beside a farm. Troops trailed and arrested the owner of the farm, who is now undergoing preliminary investigations,” Aruwan said.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Picks APC Form / Buhari Receives Senators From South- East, Led By Ekweremadu (photos) / Senator Kabir Marafa Blocks Ibe Kachikwu From Revealing Relationship With Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.