Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,203 members, 7,780,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:01 PM

Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence (23243 Views)

ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos) / Mixing ‘Runs’ With Academics; A Sad Tale Of Nigerian Universities / Education And Academics: The Difference You Really Do Not Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Lanrelagboi: 5:59pm On Jan 10, 2021
When Big Brother Naija graduate, Olamilekan Moshood Agbeleshe, a.k.a Laycon, was announced winner of the contest and was instantly made Youth Ambassador by the Ogun State governor, Dapo Abiodun, dashed a house and a cash gift of N5million, this writer lamented the loss of values among Nigerian leaders. My argument was that, in a queer game where nudity and other flimsy indices, other than mental achievements, became a governor’s index for splashing such whooping sum on a state indigene, the leadership was merely underscoring the fact that what excites our society was beyond excellence.

Last week, my excitement knew no bounds when the Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu awarded scholarships to two graduating students of the Lagos State University (LASU), Oladimeji Shotunde, a BSc graduate and another MSc graduate. While saying that government did it to encourage excellence, the governor commended the awardees for “raising the bar in our university,” promising that “the state government will be providing scholarship for you into whatever university you wish to pursue your academic excellence at whatsoever level.” Sanwo-Olu was also to “be making a personal donation of five million naira for your further work to help you to be able to settle you to continue to be a source of inspiration to others."

There is no doubt that the Sanwo-Olu way is the path for Nigerian leaders to trek if this country wants to encourage the millions of toiling youths who, right, left and centre, all they see are indications that it does not pay to go to school. Even among themselves, especially in songs sung by those artists they deify, the monstrous power of illicit wealth is trumpeted to high heavens. Some of them also sing about the Machiavelli of financial achievement, no matter the route the one who gets this wealth treads. These songs have dispirited many youths about going to school. They no longer want to walk that tortuous path of schooling, excelling and becoming leaders in mental exertion. I hold strongly that the splashing of such huge sum and others on Laycon is wrongly placed and could metastasize the already cancerous route to “making money” in our society.

Other governors and leaders of society should follow the Sanwo-Olu example. Enough of politicians giving motorcycles as empowerment. They further worsen the dependency on quick money. Let them pick brilliant students of institutions and give them scholarships. With this, we will be showing the youths that education is one of the most important paths to achieving societal greatness
https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/n5m-to-celebrate-nudity-n5m-for-mental-excellence/amp/

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by officialsaw01(m): 6:07pm On Jan 10, 2021
I'm dedicating this FTC to my padi hasib04, top notch digital farmer. He keeps telling me 'Education in Nigeria is a scam'.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by obicoolnino: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
Well said op, our politicians and other public holders should stop wasting money and resources on things that don't count, it's good to appreciate laycon and their likes but more should be focused on the bright brains amongst us.

85 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Draslo(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
You go fear.
Laycon got a total of more than 300 million in cash and gifts. Don't even place them beside each other.

Nobody else is going to gift the efiko more than what the governor gave him.

Nengi sef na SA to the Bayelsa state government. I think it's quite easy to distinct between what is more profitable these days. Efikos are not celebrated in this part. Some people no know but Elon Musk is a gigantic efiko

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by 44Bulldog(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
That's mordern day world for u, not Nigeria only.... where we derive joy and happiness in celebrating irrelevant and mediocre things undecided

It also happens at family level sef....

In a situation whereby a capable and rich uncle will fail to help his niece or nephew in terms of academics procedures such as helping in tuition fee payment etc but derive joy in spraying money in parties just for petty show off

The one that annoys me the most was the fans of laycon vs fans of Erica....both involved in competition of donating money to them to see who'll emerge the richest, including our lazy youths wey never chop ooo undecided

This part of the world is messed up

Someone got bleeped on live TV, just to come out of the show to bag political appointment undecided
Celebrating them up and down

But someone with a 5.0 GPA is still under the damn sun looking for employment

*Spits in disgust*

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Elpipitaaa: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2021
sad
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by ProJobX0: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
Ok

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by GRACEGLORY: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
NEEDS (2004) described Nigeria as a multi-ethnic society, with a value system that is derived from the diversity of its people, religion and culture. And her core values include: respect for elders, honesty and accountability, co-operation, industry, discipline, self-confidence and moral courage and creativity.

All have gone into the winds today.

It takes those that have the above mentioned and sound mind to discover true value that’s worth celebrating

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by slimmax: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
rephrase. In my country we prefer rewarding nonsense to make sense. Thats why so many youths want to burn, break, loot, kidnap, mamanap/papanap. How I go suffer for school , with all those winch lecturers wey dey reserve grade A for God. devil punish sufferness.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by edoairways: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2021
Other governors shouldn't. . They haven't upgraded their schools yet you admonished cash giving
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Flexherbal(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
The Governor has done well.

Note that some politicians are only interested in the number of votes they can get , when they take a particular action. Even if you are a stripper, they will honour you, if your fans will give them votes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by numtums(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
At least now they're giving something substantial compared to #100,000
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Blacksodje(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
Sex sells.

Best graduating students are given one live chicken and 5 tubers of yam or at best, a levono laptop while winners of beauty pageants are given cars, cash gifts worth millions, endorsements etc

Developed and prosperous countries focus on developing the educational sector. In other words they are investing in its youth and future.

But Nigeria invests on nudity, new ways of theft and establishing religious houses.

A prosperous country is known by what it invests on.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by JJOF(m): 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Stallion93(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
Honestly I prefer the nudity. That BBN house is filled with enjoyment. It’s like a win win situation, Enjoy Nudity, free food and smooch and still get 5mila at the end

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
I want the nudity joor cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by BestOne344: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
May God help us

2 Likes

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by sylve11: 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
Well written @ op....

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. cool

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Kobicove(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
All of us cannot be academically inclined...just find your calling and follow that path undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by DICKstractor: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
undecided

As far as this generation is concern, nudity pays more. It's the new oil

As the century progress, 1 nudity will be equal to 100BTC undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by lionness(f): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
ok
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Pickieox(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
We shall not forget Lekki Toll Gate saga. All these to save face and be in the good book of the hoi polloi grin grin grin

Beware of diversion, shey na him money ni? No bè our (government) money e dey spend?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Myer(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Stallion93:
Honestly I prefer the nudity. That BBN house is filled with enjoyment. It’s like a win win situation, Enjoy Nudity, free food and smooch and still get 5mila at the end

Entertainment has always been more celebrated than Academics.
Sports is even more ridiculous. Imagine paying 500million euros just for a player to come and be kicking a ball

But atleast this is a good development from the gov.

16 Likes

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Officer4: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
Great
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by bunnae66(m): 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
To the best of my knowledge all bbn participants are graduates so what's the big deal

You get first class, how many of our problems you don solve?

Abeg park well o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Victorclean1: 6:23pm On Jan 10, 2021
I commend the Lagos State Governor. He is a living example to other governor's

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by Hndrrxxx(m): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
Hh
Re: Between BBN And Academics: ₦5m To Celebrate Nudity, ₦5M For Mental Excellence by OYENIYIJK: 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2021
For that scholarship given, nice one from Babajide. For that Dapo, him go dey alright Las las. And for my own, just check my signature grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Named Marijuana Pepsi Earns Doctoral Degree / JAMB: Farook Kperogi's Suggestion On UTME / 15 Things Only People Who Attended Obafemi Awolowo University Will Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.