Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,739 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences (1980 Views)

My Personal Observation About Nigerian "Adults" / Have You Noticed This About Families These Days? / Pls, I Want To Know About Nigerian Marriage Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by OvaSabi1(f): 9:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
I noticed that as men get older, their specs change and that the true spec of a man is apparent only when he has made money. For most of you who are in polygamous homes, you will notice that the last wife is usually the finest and the least hardworking. Meanwhile, the first wife (she may be fine too but just simple looking) is enterprising and calm. Usually, old man married her when he was not yet well off and as at then, she prided herself on being the hardworking wife material he was looking for and made her believe she is.

Many young men these days usually claim that they are attracted to intelligent, ambitious and hardworking ladies. Infact they have launched campaigns against so called slay queens. Also, many are not very comfortable admitting to their partners what physical attributes they like in women. They claim they are only attracted to what is inside which I think is not true.

I think that when a man starts making money, all these talk about being sapiosexual will disappear. Every man wants a dumb woman who is fine as hell. If this is the case, then I think that many women are being deceived into marriages. Women are just married because they're convenient and available and not because you are the man's spec. Then much later, he meets his spec and makes her the 2nd wife or side chick who he starts spending money on, because of course she is not trying to proof to you that she is an ambitious work mule. This is not fair.

My advice to men is to prayerfully work hard so that they can settle down with the women who they truly desire when they want and without any pressure. There are many men who married women who are not their spec and they're regretting now. Some will even complain bitterly that the current wife (who was an ambitious non slay queen) is controlling and proud. Marrying your spec when you have money will save a lot of men and women agony.

Please I am looking forward to seeing intelligent and profound analysis from mature and preferably middle aged men here.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by doggedfighter(f): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nice analysis.

Waiting for inputs grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by NextD18: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Your confidence in generalizing your personal observation is what I find amazing and foolish at the same time.

It'll be very clueless and ignorant of any lady to think she knows Nigerian men enough to scribble gibberish like you did.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by RedPanthar: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2021
Oversabi. You Don begin reason man matter again

3 Likes

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by ojun50(m): 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2021
Op are you married?
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by bukatyne(f): 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
OvaSabi1:
I noticed that as men get older, their specs change and that the true spec of a man is apparent only when he has made money. For most of you who are in polygamous homes, you will notice that the last wife is usually the finest and the least hardworking. Meanwhile, the first wife (she may be fine too but just simple looking) is enterprising and calm. Usually, old man married her when he was not yet well off and as at then, she prided herself on being the hardworking wife material he was looking for and made her believe she is.

Many young men these days usually claim that they are attracted to intelligent, ambitious and hardworking ladies. Infact they have launched campaigns against so called slay queens. Also, many are not very comfortable admitting to their partners what physical attributes they like in women. They claim they are only attracted to what is inside which I think is not true.

I think that when a man starts making money, all these talk about being sapiosexual will disappear. Every man wants a dumb woman who is fine as hell. If this is the case, then I think that many women are being deceived into marriages. Women are just married because they're convenient and available and not because you are the man's spec. Then much later, he meets his spec and makes her the 2nd wife or side chick who he starts spending money on, because of course she is not trying to proof to you that she is an ambitious work mule. This is not fair.

My advice to men is to prayerfully work hard so that they can settle down with the women who they truly desire when they want and without any pressure. There are many men who married women who are not their spec and they're regretting now. Some will even complain bitterly that the current wife (who was an ambitious non slay queen) is controlling and proud. Marrying your spec when you have money will save a lot of men and women agony.

Please I am looking forward to seeing intelligent and profound analysis from mature and preferably middle aged men here.

Princess vs Queen syndrome.
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by OvaSabi1(f): 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
bukatyne:

Princess vs Queen syndrome.

Can you provide more details please.
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by habsydiamond(m): 10:46pm On Jan 10, 2021
Na lie na the kings u used as ur case study...

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Oluromantic: 2:30am On Jan 11, 2021
First I like your keen observations about men. Many girls your age don't know half of what you know about the opposite gender. But they expect the opposite gender to know all about them.

However, apart from the fact that even a spec can later lose shape and fall out of being spec after four children, the issue of making the right choice for any sensible man involves a lot of things. Naturally, no true spouse has 100% all a person need: no man finds everything he needs in one woman..nature has made it so. The woman who possess the virtues a man need may not be totally physically appealing to him and the one who's physically appealing may posses only some of the virtues. A lady may be really attractive to a man but may not be fluent enough in English language to him while the one who speaks good English may not be humble or wify enough.

I can't count how many super shapy girls I see in the market selling pepper and roasted fish with liveliness to customers, who can't even speak the simplest english and are very crude to fetish level while the educated ones we come by with flat front and back will be making unnecessary yanga. Some shapy educated ones have totally lost true humility due to constant attention they get from men and they don't even know they've lost it.

These lapses are what brought about "grooming". A man(bridegroom) acknowledges the excesses and lacks in a woman who possess at least 60-70% of his desires(enough to hold on to) and begins to groom her up...cut off the excesses, and add up to where she lacks. Some men have sponsored their Sweethearts in school to measure up to their educational/intelligence level, some have successfully registered theirs in a gym and followed her up closely to lose fat and gain shape. Some even tell thiers how he wants to be addressed inside and in public, how he wants her to dress, serve his food etc. Just to groom her to his dream woman

But then there's a little problem which is... Not all women are groomable. Some already consider themselves equal or even higher than any unlucky man that come their way even before he comes. And some have the "I cannot kill myself" syndrome. May God save men from the demerits of civilization

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Boss13: 3:42am On Jan 11, 2021
OvaSabi1:

You're right. Men are attracted to beauty. As his earning capacity increases, he seeks the most beautiful woman he can afford. A woman being dumb is not true. Probably she is resting on her feminine power. No man wants a woman who is argumentative. A submissive woman is best. A woman who strokes the ego of her man, conquers all.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by kikelomo68469: 5:08am On Jan 11, 2021
Op are you married?
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by LordKO(m): 6:49am On Jan 11, 2021
With your conceited disposition as evident in this assertion "Every man wants a dumb woman who is fine as hell." it seems you're simply looking for anyone with a contrary opinion to abuse. Anyway, let's see how it goes.

Well, no, not every man wants a dumb woman who is fine as hell because some of us have almost seen it all with women of all strata, shapes, and sizes in particular and life in general. Therefore, I, for one, have always had preference for conscientious women. That overrides every other thing and will blossom to commitment once I observed that the interest is altruistic. There's no dumb conscientious woman anywhere in the world. And, of course, what adjudged a physically beautiful woman most a times differ from one man to another, thus one of the reasons beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

In summary, our love languages/preferences differ just as our ethical leanings differ.

6 Likes

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by SILENTandSMART2: 7:32am On Jan 11, 2021
OP abeg come and summarize what you wrote for me smiley

the thing long smiley
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by mosdii(m): 8:21am On Jan 11, 2021
Men are scum but you want a scum as husband
Men are dogs but you cannot stay without the dog
Marriage is the only thing a typical Nigerian farm tool thinks about all day.

You want the man to be prayerfully hardworking and all what not but you want the farm tool to possess only beauty to as asset to give to the man.
What do you have to offer to a man in relationship or marriage?
Everytime men, men, men. What do women bring to the table?

Nigerian Girls Are Useless....All Of Them

6 Likes

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by thorpido(m): 8:46am On Jan 11, 2021
Op,this your post sef.....
What kind of observation have you been making? Are you from a polygamous home?You really think every man wants a second wife?
As to your assertion that men want dumb women who are fine ...........SMH.
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Oluromantic: 8:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Boss13:

You're right. Men are attracted to beauty. As his earning capacity increases, he seeks the most beautiful woman he can afford. A woman being dumb is not true. Probably she is resting on her feminine power. No man wants a woman who is argumentative. A submissive woman is best. A woman who strokes the ego of her man, conquers all.
True!

Sterope darling, I believe in you. Come see this
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by bukatyne(f): 8:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
OvaSabi1:

Can you provide more details please.

If you watch African Magic, observe the characteristics of the Queen/ Queen mother & the princess/ young Queen.

While not all men want/need a multiple wives, they want women who can oscillate between a queen and a princess as needed.

You must know when to be 'mother-in-charge' and when to be 'baby gel' to your husband.

Problem starts when a woman is stuck in one phase.

P.S.: it is not a Nigerian man's trait; it is general.

3 Likes

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Liposure: 10:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Every man may have a spec but preferences do fade. The beauty you marry today might turn a beast tomorow. Nothing stay the same forever unless we want to continue deceiving ourselves. At the end of the day, it is what she brings to the table that matters

2 Likes

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by tobechi20(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
NextD18:
Your confidence in generalizing your personal observation is what I find amazing and foolish at the same time.

It'll be very clueless and ignorant of any lady to think she knows Nigerian men enough to scribble gibberish like you did.
But nigeria men generalise alot and bash women on this forum

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by tobechi20(m): 11:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
Human wants vary.
A young man wants money. He will marry a woman that can manage money or saves well
When he finally gets money, he becomes proud. He wants to show off. He needs a lady others will envy. Either the preety secretary or beautiful lady that speaks well.

Polygamy to the rescue

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/04/sex-and-marriage-are-not-government-buissness/
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Royalty5(f): 2:24am On Jan 12, 2021
I'm here to laugh at trolls grin

N/B 1 gram is now $3. For more information, click on the link down below wink
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Oizee(f): 3:01am On Jan 12, 2021
Oluromantic:
First I like your keen observations about men. Many girls your age don't know half of what you know about the opposite gender. But they expect the opposite gender to know all about them.

However, apart from the fact that even a spec can later lose shape and fall out of being spec after four children, the choice on making the right choice for any sensible man involves a lot of things. Naturally, no true spouse has 100% all a person need: no man finds everything he needs in one woman..nature has made it so. The woman who possess the virtues a man need may not be totally physically appealing to him and the one who's physically appealing may posses only some of the virtues. A lady may be really attractive to a man but may not be fluent enough in English language to him while the one who speaks good English may not be humble or wify enough.

I can't count how many super shapy girls I see in the market selling pepper and roasted fish with liveliness to customers, who can't even speak the simplest english and are very crude to fetish level while the educated ones we come by with flat front and back will be making unnecessary yanga. Some shapy educated ones have totally lost true humility due to constant attention they get from men and they don't even know they've lost it.

These lapses are what brought about "grooming". A man(bridegroom) acknowledges the excesses and lacks of a woman who possess at least 60-70% of his desires(enough to hold on to) and begins to groom her up...cut off the excesses, and add up to where she lacks. Some men have sponsored their Sweethearts in school to measure up to their educational/intelligence level, some have successfully registered theirs in a gym and followed her up closely to lose fat and gain shape. Some even tell thiers how he wants to be addressed inside and in public, how she wants her to dress, serve his food etc. Just to groom her to his dream woman

But then there's a little problem which is... Not all women are groomable. Some already consider themselves equal or even higher than any unlucky man that come their way even before he comes. And some have the "I cannot kill myself" syndrome. May God save men from the demerits of civilization
nice one, may God bless you with more wisdom

1 Like

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by weyreypey: 6:32am On Jan 12, 2021
OvaSabi1:

Inductive reasoning usually sounds amazingly iddiottic like your emotional piece above
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by joek(m): 6:53am On Jan 12, 2021
What every man wants in a woman( whether averagely beautiful or extremely beautiful) are: calmness, peace- loving, faithfulness and respect. Any woman who has these is 100% in the sight of her husband.
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by etrouble: 7:27am On Jan 12, 2021
So a young lady sat down to put up this rubbish, it seems Buhari was right after all because only a lazy youth can sit down to put up this nonsense without ingredients
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by FatherCHRISTMAS: 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2021
once money start flowing the taste changes.
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by DonroxyII: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2021
OvaSabi1:

This is so true ... I believe in the mantra that :

Never make a life time Decision when you are poor because when you are rich , taste and preference might change and that's the beginning of hurting a fellow human being and s/he might not take the hurt slightly then Acid, assassination, and counter hurt shall become the other of the day !!

Marry your Friend !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by OvaSabi1(f): 7:35pm On Jan 15, 2021
DonroxyII:
This is so true ... I believe in the mantra that :

Never make a life time Decision when you are poor because when you are rich , taste and preference might change and that's the beginning of hurting a fellow human being and s/he might not take the hurt slightly then Acid, assassination, and counter hurt shall become the other of the day !!

Marry your Friend !!

Well said
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by tobechi74: 2:28am On Jan 16, 2021
Do women specs change

1 Like

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Shortyyy(f): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2021
Lol.

Everyone should know their spec and go for it. And also what you want.

If you want to live the easy life, where you get pampered and get disrespected as well, go live it.

If you want to live the boss lady life, go on.

Just know what you want.

Women always feel like you're hating on them when you tell the truth. So, I can't stress myself. grin
Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Saintmary(f): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2021
OvaSabi1:

Every man wants three types of women at different points in his lifetime.

The Trophy
The Sex freak
The Mommy

The Trophy is the pretty woman he needs to show off.
The Sex freak, I think you'd understand this one.
The Mommy to raise kids with and to nurse him, the big baby.

Some women try to be all these for him, but na them go tire.

I usually tell any woman who cares to listen, don't kill yourself on man matter, do your best and build your own life.

P. S. Don't listen to those who are calling your work foolish, it's okay to analyse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Noticed Something About Nigerian Men's Preferences by Angelacruz: 11:22am On Jan 16, 2021
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Woke Culture': Black Teen Identifies As White! Trans-racials Around The Corner? / My Baby Girl Bed Wet / 9 Beautiful Messages That Will Refresh And Inspire You !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.