Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,037 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Whatsapp Vs Signal - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Whatsapp Vs Signal (3816 Views)

Nokia Changes Iconic Logo To Signal Strategy Shift / Signal Is The Fastest Growing App In The World! More Than WhatsApp Now. / Whatsapp Vs BBM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by sagieramos(m): 8:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
It's a done app. It opens faster than most native app, even faster than my phone book
Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by sagieramos(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
There is no difference, once signal gets users, they will start intruding into your privacy like WhatsApp do

TELEGRAM IS STILL THE BEST
No they won't do that. It's the only decentralised messenger for now. All it's developers are volunteers, no any form of ownership
Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
sagieramos:

No they won't do that. It's the only decentralised messenger for now. All it's developers are volunteers, no any form of ownership

THE United states government gave some grant to signal.

Anything the United states government touch, users data are not safe

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
None of my contact is on signal yet
.. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by Rebelutionary: 8:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

THE United states government gave some grant to signal.

Anything the United states government touch, users data are not safe
I don't know why people buy this B.S that there is some app that their privacy isn't "used or monetised". That fella is saying that Brian Acton is his own investor...I laugh..

It's just like Nigerians are shouting about Social media bill as if the government needs "a bill" to spy on people...I laugh..

Even VPN sites and apps will lie that they don't store your data...I laugh

Now some people are buying into the lie of a phantom app that is a privacy safe haven. We are bothered about a small fry when there is a behemoth called Google.. .I laugh

1 Like

Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by Flytime: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
Rebelutionary:

I don't know why people buy this B.S that there is some app that their privacy isn't "used or monetised". That fella is saying that Brian Acton is his own investor...I laugh..

It's just like Nigerians are shouting about Social media bill as if the government needs "a bill" to spy on people...I laugh..

Now some people are buying into the lie of a phantom app that is a privacy safe haven. We are bothered about a small fry when there is a behemoth called Google.. .I laugh

leave social media bill out of this
If the bill passed they could wake up one day and decide to block facebook because mark said our government are wrong about the protest

Facebook is playing with fire with all this privacy concerns,it's like their only mission right now is to make money

They are already in court in the usa with the possibility of them having to sell WhatsApp and maybe instagram so they won't be a monopoly in mobile communication market
Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by Rebelutionary: 8:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
Flytime:
leave social media bill out of this
If the bill passed they could wake up one day and decide to block facebook because mark said our government are wrong about the protest

Facebook is playing with fire with all this privacy concerns,it's like their only mission right now is to make money

They are already in court in the usa with the possibility of them having to sell WhatsApp and maybe instagram so they won't be a monopoly in mobile communication market
My position is simply that our data is being mined whether we click one agree or disagree button! And if that is being done then the whole privacy policy update by whatsapp is only an illusion of control being handed to us.
Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
Rebelutionary:

Data mining is big business for advertisers and government

The reality is once you are online, their is nothing like privacy. That is the sad reality.

3 Likes

Re: Whatsapp Vs Signal by satelliteDISH(m): 11:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Please, how many members can signal accommodate in a group.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Install Android OS In Windows Mobile / How Do I Unlock My Huawei Phone / 9mobile New Night & Weekend Data Plans! Checkout-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.