Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". (44980 Views)

My Guy Cheated On Me / My Guy's Marriage Crashed In Less Than 3 Months. / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by luminouz(m): 11:38am On Jan 11, 2021
Marriage should be contract based,on a five/ten year basis.... The lifelong option is too boring and gives room for so many rubbish, especially for men.

If after 5/10 years,Una no fit continue,then you terminate the contract and everyone goes home happy, while you both take custody of the kids.

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by ayusco85(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

A lot of people build their marriage on the wrong foundation.

Money, sex, looks, loneliness, desperation and some other mundane reasons.

The best foundation to build a marriage is on friendship and that's why you'll hear marriage counsellors say "marry your friend".

Take away sex from most relationships there will be nothing left, you'll discover the sex isn't even enough to keep it going. Sex that should be the icing on the cake has become the entire cake.

Money that should add spice to the marriage has become the entire food. He must have money, he must have a good car, she must be working and earning her own money etc. Once the money is not there anymore, water done pass garri.

Don't get me started on the Looks part, you'll marry because she has big bumbum and boobs, or because he is tall dark or fair and handsome with a six inch rod. A time will come that all these things won't do it for you anymore.

Marry your friend. That person that comes to your mind when you want to have deep discussions about your dreams, your bad day, your plans, your failures. That person that you will forget about time and keep talking with cause conversation and laughter and joys and tears just comes real.

That is what brings intimacy. The attraction, sex, money, looks all those ones na jara.

My opinion o. So before you mention me and insult me, take note of the fact that it's my opinion, make Thunder no fire you this morning.

I actually agree with your opinion, we share the same thoughts on almost everything u shared. Alot of people have missed it, and another mistake is not every girlfriend or boyfriend is husband material. There are people u just date but shouldn't marry, there are people that are made to be good wives and husbands. Ur ability to identify each will also help

3 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by chival(f): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2021
Midas01:
In all that you mentioned you omitted the most. Important thing...Love.

You're 100% right but a marriage without love is no marriage at all.
Incidentally, you see that thing we call romantic love? That "butterflies in the stomach, crazy about you" love? That is the one that unfortunately leads to divorce. It usually comes with crazy and extreme emotions that usually cause problems. Another kind of love - the kind our elderly ones have, is not as sensational as passionte love, but is calmer and more accepting. That's why we see them staying married for 30, 40, 50 years and even longer.

3 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by luminouz(m): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Marriage na scam
Me personally will not marry

Baby mama sure me die...
Female wahalar too much.....thier non stop dramatic life, complicated life style, attention seeking and always want to be seen as babies till the end of time..they always want you to listen to them, you give them incessant compliments..they manipulate, coax and hypnotize you! people that behave like angels outside..in public...but are like devils at home

God has already fuckkked me up with six women
Five female siblings and my mother

So I won't add a wife to it
For once,you crack me up.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Apktotheworld: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2021
Uyi168:
For every one marriage u see on socail media, breaking, or going through rough times, there are at least, 10 at home doing well.. smiley
Baba oh!! Statistician of life!! You are doing well grin

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Romanoff(f): 11:40am On Jan 11, 2021
biggy26:

Very well said! Are you married?

Yes I am.

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by colestephan86: 11:40am On Jan 11, 2021
RealSolution001:
Seems marriage has continually become less important by the day. A friend we were together in school back then met me in a joint yesterday unwinding and immediately uttered, "o boy, I don divorce o". I was shocked cos I wasn't aware of his marriage. When in school, there was this course mate he was seeing, never knew they took it to marriage level. However, regardless of when they might have gotten married, I don't think the marriage was up to 2 years. I tried to ask him what happened but he said later as the place was too rowdy.

What has become marriages these days?
I am still of the opinion that, the cause of failed marriages these days is that most ladies feel it's the responsibility of the guy to do everything, while she saves her own money.
But In Nigeria of today couple must share the responsibility
Grocery and toiletries to the lady
Cable TV the lady
Gas refill the lady
Food the man
Gen running everyday the guy
Car maintenance the man
House rent 60/40
This is the model I use
Many guys are overburdened buy doing it all alone.

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by sugarleen: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Marriage na scam

Baby mama sure me die...
Female wahalar too much.....thier non stop dramatic life, complicated life style, attention seeking and always want to be seen as babies till the end of time..they always want you to listen to them, you give them incessant compliments..they manipulate, coax and hypnotize you! people that behave like angels outside..in public...but are like devils at home

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2021
The5DME:
do t take this here too serious. Most of the misgynystic post here are just for fun.

Gracias.
For fun you say? Your definition of fun is worrisome. Misogyny is not fun and definitely not for fun.

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by guy222: 11:42am On Jan 11, 2021

So I won't add a wife to it [/quote] Chai!!! Bros i swear down you the vex. See as you just the voke for small matters, but Wait ohh! OG this your weed wey you the drag go bad dieeee i text you, how G's from down town go take feel am na?
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by ayusco85(m): 11:44am On Jan 11, 2021
newguy1:
Okay ... now what.... u want to next guy trying to get married to abandon the thought or what.....
Pls if as a Man U can’t dot all ur i n cross ur Ts properly before getting married n u coming up here to cry wolf, u should be ashamed of ur self. See the fact as old as some couples r even our grandparents there women still get on there nerve but they applies wisdom n patient with understanding to get through things.if u as a man after paying bride price, buy aso Ebi, call ur families up north to come for ur wedding now is crying wolf for not knowing the babe u married or complaining about something else, as failed in dat regard don’t come here n blame d marriage institutions but rather ur self for lack of wisdom

You have a point, the blame should be on the individual and not the institution.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by sugarleen: 11:45am On Jan 11, 2021
alphaconde:
mine is going well

though am messing up big time

however I have made up my mind that whatever my wife does I would forgive her because behind the scenes I have done worse

besides my cute sons don't deserve a broken home.

marriage no be beans

who no get brain make e no try am

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by ayusco85(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2021
Uyi168:
For every one marriage u see on socail media, breaking, or going through rough times, there are at least, 10 at home doing well.. smiley

How did you come up with this statistics? How good a guesser are you?

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Samakus(m): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:

Lol. I am already married.

My bad
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by ayusco85(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2021
Commonguy:
marriage is never for the weak
it favours the women mostly. after marriage men get fed up
it's not our fault though...

because nature designed us to be polygamous but they are not ready for this conversation

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by meobizy(f): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2021
You know, you should have gotten the full story before typing this topic. Which kind of “try belle full on this small bread" story is this?

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by sugarleen: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

The best foundation to build a marriage is on friendship and that's why you'll hear marriage counsellors say "marry your friend".

Take away sex from most relationships there will be nothing left, you'll discover the sex isn't even enough to keep it going. Sex that should be the icing on the cake has become the entire cake.

Money that should add spice to the marriage has become the entire food. He must have money, he must have a good car, she must be working and earning her own money etc. Once the money is not there anymore, water done pass garri.

Don't get me started on the Looks part, you'll marry because she has big bumbum and boobs, or because he is tall dark or fair and handsome with a six inch rod. A time will come that all these things won't do it for you anymore.

Marry your friend. That person that comes to your mind when you want to have deep discussions about your dreams, your bad day, your plans, your failures. That person that you will forget about time and keep talking with cause conversation and laughter and joys and tears just comes real.

That is what brings intimacy. The attraction, sex, money, looks all those ones na jara.

My opinion o. So before you mention me and insult me, take note of the fact that it's my opinion, make Thunder no fire you this morning.

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by X3MLY(m): 11:48am On Jan 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
Marriage na scam

Baby mama sure me die...

You this ganjarised bomber ehn . . . ur matter no be here grin
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Uyi168: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2021
Apktotheworld:

Baba oh!! Statistician of life!! You are doing well grin
It's common sense.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by youngestgrad(m): 11:49am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

Na so Dem dey talk, na for mouth e dey end.

2 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Chirowman(m): 11:51am On Jan 11, 2021
Marriage of this days is a mess both from the men and women .but when God is in control and both individuals in marriage understand themselves .it will survive the test of time especially when there's money to take care of needs.

1 Like

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by cassyrooy(m): 11:54am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

Well said RomanOff, if only people can slow down and choose their spouses because life get wahala o.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Sunexy(m): 11:54am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

Lol..coman be my friend cheesy
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Beze992(f): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

Thank you for this sister!

Like you rightly said, take away sex, there will be nothing left in most marriages. But the irony is that after reading this and probably every other related write ups on marriage, people will still marry for good sex and beauty and for probably who they have absolute control over, the latter is relatable to the male sex. And you wonder why the failure rate is high.
Like I was telling a friend, the truth is the 'Sparks' will certainly die down a bit, and when does, what exactly remains when you're not friends with your spouse, when you both cannot have genuine conversation or even gossip together. How will it survive when most couples have absolutely nothing in common but only got married because of probably physical attractiveness, pretentious humility and financial security. And note, I do not in any way undermine the importance of the latter in marriage.

3 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by JoeEeL(m): 11:56am On Jan 11, 2021
alphaconde:

where in the entire thread before quoting me did anyone mention sex?

OK my bad. I have now read your post again and I see you are the worst and you deserve to forgive her of all she does behind the scenes cos it will never measure up.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Norski15: 11:58am On Jan 11, 2021
and U think divorce is the LAST resort get ready for the WORST!��.
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by MJlee31(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

The best foundation to build a marriage is on friendship and that's why you'll hear marriage counsellors say "marry your friend"

Your opinion is the truth and the best... if only people will adhere to it

3 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by UOBEN(m): 12:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

you are favoured I swear...

3 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Romanoff:
This marriage matter.

hunder no fire you this morning.

Very valid points you raised there. I think the issue is, for some men (I inclusive), we don't actually discuss how our day went or any of those other stuffs... And in cases where we even want to do so, 100 times out of 100, we'll rather do so with male friends than females.

I think it's high time men desist from marriage and leave it for only those who are comfortable enough to discuss their problems, how their day went, their goals, e.t.c. with the opposite sex...

That way, we'll have less of these divorces.

3 Likes

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Isokoson1: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
O
Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by salt1: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
AfroKnight:
cheesy grin

The way he let it out is funny. But it is a heavy thing to end a marriage.

I began to lose interest in marriage years ago when people whom I respected and who “heard from God” had distinctly unpleasant problems in their marriages; problems that should not be found in the home of “believers”. Some people try to paint it as trials and tribulations but I sincerely doubt that is the case.

Someone who is your “God chosen” wife/husband should not come factory-fitted with some scandalous baggage and tendencies. No. But they do. Why?

Marriage no be by calculation. There are rules of thumb to follow but there’s still a flavour of randomness that can upset even your carefully laid plans.

I observed what I believed were good marriages only for the spouses to confess how they are still together just because the endure each other. You see those sermons ministers give on wedding days, don’t take them for granted. They are even understating the challenges.[b][/b] So what’s the point in enduring one person for 25 to 30 years? Is it just so you can celebrate silver jubilee?

I've been married for years and I'm enjoying every bit of it. So is my spouse. Marriage is life. It throws up the good, the bad and the ugly. Where people like the op get it wrong is in expecting to have only the good and blame their partners when it's not going that way. Are you happy with your life 24/7? Why put the burden of making you happy on another fragile individual. We share our lives, not endure each other. In seeking to make another person happy, you derive the greatest joy.
I know that this forum is filled with underaged fellows who are screaming baby mama. Nothing beats the joy of sharing your life in a committed relationship to someone who's exclusively yours.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Guy Said, "O Boy I Don Divorce O". by Olakunleyakub(m): 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
The answer is very easy

Most people get married for a wrong reasons and too much expectations while some are not ripe enough for marriage yet..

Some think marriage is just to have free access to sex but enh it is a complex institution!

I don't fancy marriage this days but I think I have PhD in marriage experience! Infact God had used me to unite more than 4 nearly broken homes.

Am convinced I can make marriage works by Allah's grace....

I ignored a beautiful and responsible lady green light becos she had too much respect and expectations for me which is not healthy.

I asked my two friends who got married last month middle about the journey so far and behold, both of them told that my brother it is not easy at all but nah patient ooooooo..they wanted to start to shalaye I just told them not to tell me cos they don't need a third party now. That is where is most of us got it wrong...the next 3 years of marriage is for the couples to know and understand themselves better and that is why family members or relatives staying with them should not be encouraged at that time..

There are still good homes outside there.
My parents are still living together as husband and wife... atleast for now they are my role model.

In marriage,
Hope for the best and expect the worst..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mrs Charity Aiyedogbon Is Missing (photo) / Man Celebrates His Daughter's Birthday With A Crocodile In Edo State. Photos / One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.