Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU (35476 Views)

FG Withdraws Order To Reopen Universities / Letter Ordering VCs To Reopen Universities / Register Our Union Now, ASUU’s Rival, CONUA Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Lorayne(m): 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
doggedfighter:
See this one. grin grin
baba, e get something wey I dey do ne... I no wan resume nowgrin
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by stevenie(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
There is no doubt that these ASUU members are truly mad.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Honeylaz(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
ReorxTohGan:
futa is resuming Nextweek Monday...

resumption is in the hands of each school now,not ASUU!!!
Don't mind that stupid union called ASUU

2 Likes

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by doggedfighter(f): 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lorayne:

baba, e get something wey I dey do ne... I no wan resume nowgrin

Lorayne, you sent this thrice. Haba

I am mami not baba grin

Hope you are making money
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Seyzcham91(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
grin
paradiseadams:
Make una nor even try am o.i wan graduate by 2022 o.
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by PervertProphet: 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Cant student resume on virtual classroom for the time being

All the school need is to provide a unique zoom ID number on each student portal

Attend your class online

It so simple...

Zoom works on mobile phone too

I was about to say this.
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Honeylaz(m): 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
silverlinen:
Damn

Some folks just dey show their level of illiteracy here despite claiming to be students whom are educated

Una go resume for una papa parlour

Covid cases are rising and some folks think they are more enlightened than those at the top
Na our I sabi pass nai dey kill us for this country

PEACE
mad people everywhere

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by YIladan228: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hmm, so called Dr frm ATBU please stop telling this nonsense, because we have being in bauchi since the beginning of the said virus to date, therefore, the people are enjoying their business without any form of fear. By the time you listen the media, when political,religious or any prominent person in the state was departed, the NCDC are eager to announce that so so person was tested positive. So at all these, we need government to follow suit so that our friends and colleagues to continue the academic activities.
God bless BAUCHI state.
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Lulifiedsugar: 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
Who all these people wan deh us catch cruise??

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Lorayne(m): 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
sorry, Mami. network ish
doggedfighter:

Lorayne, you sent this thrice. Haba
I am mami not baba grin
Hope you are making money
Not really. Learning something that will(hopefully) make me a little money.
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by doggedfighter(f): 3:18pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lorayne:
sorry, Mami. network ish
Not really. Learning something that will(hopefully) make me a little money.

Good luck, dear
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by KOE1(m): 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
OUR UNIVERSITIES ARE INDIRECTLY DESTROYING OUR NOBLE NABLE NATION BECAUSE OF MONEY, POWER, AND GREED.
YOU LIERS!!!
YOU ARE FIGHTING AND KILLING YOUR FELLOW PROFESSORS WITH CHARMS (CALLING IT CORONA).
YOU ARE EARNING AND NOT WORKING
YOU ARE NOT CONCERN ABOUT OUR FUTURE YET PRETENDING AND HOLDING ON TO GOVERNMENT IN VAIN
GOD WILL VISIT YOU INDIVIDUALLY...BUT I PRAY YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SUFFER ALL THESE BECAUSE OF YOUR ACTIONS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by favinvest: 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
not only University.. in fact primary & secondary schools, churches, mosques.. etc

even markets should b based on restriction.

nobody wants South Africa, UK/England experience
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Dreamliner787(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
Resumption of Universities amid covid-19 is completely dependent on different individual Universities who don't have the ability to control the spread.. This does not applies to all Universities.

Federal Government has given a date for resumption which is on the 18th of January ✅

Nigerian University Commission (NUC) also approved January 18th for resumption of all Academic activities ✅

Covid-19 vaccines are coming this month ending.. ✅

There's nothing stopping us anymore..

4 Likes

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lorayne:
very very unsafe... if you resume now we might all get covid 19..... leave it till march abeg.

So by march, covid-19 would tell us good bye. God will help you o.
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by BigDawsNet: 4:06pm On Jan 11, 2021
lorhema:

Do the universities have the funds to pay for the ZOOM licence which would enable them to hold online classes?
I don't think so.

Besides, students will need data. Some students don't own laptops or smartphones.
What can be done?

Funds? Of course we both know Nigeria and each state university can handle it..

A special data can be developed for this project

Which the plan will only work for zoom classes
And very affordable like campus data

All student cannot afford laptops, ipads

But I believe if you wanna take your education serious... Getting a used 10grand smartphone should not be difficult...
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by BigDawsNet: 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Fmghewzy:

Shut up joor.
So all Nigerian student have Android phones,or all Nigerian student have money for data.

Or all courses can be taught online
Or Nigerian network service is the best in the world.

Just talk with consideration,no wonder Nigeria is still stagnant,so many people who can't reason intelligently.

Take it easy dude... Its never a war
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by mfm04622: 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2021
These people just want to be collecting salaries without working
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Mayannar(m): 4:09pm On Jan 11, 2021
beautyhd:
Now, this is what we call original mogbe.

2019, someone I know was in 100 level, 2020 same 100 level, then 2021 same story. They should allow them finish a session,else depression and suicide will be on the increase.

We all should learn to leave with the virus, wear our masks and constantly wash our hands and sanitize.

Covid 19 is very real

I'm in 100lvl since 2018 brrrhhhh... I Taya for this country..
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by BigDawsNet: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
dfrost:

Exactly. It's good it's even happening now. We explore the possibility.

Its advantages outweighs the disadvantages.

Its gonna be heavy on Nigerian student if the government implement this action

Such a pity Nigeria and Nigerians are too lazy to step up and stop living a vintage life
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by martius101(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
olusun43:
Won tun de ooo

abi oooo rii ni...iru Wala wo leleyi Bai?

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
Benjaniblinks:

How much is data

The schools WiFi should cover for that
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
remi1444:
Can we take to the street one more time?
It wasn't unsafe for Edo and Ondo to conduct their gubernatorial elections not forgetting to mention the Bye-Elections. I look like a clown whenever I think about the time I was supporting and believing in this thing called Nigeria.

I've been stuck in the beginning of year 3 since mid 2017 and this might linger for the next 6 months meaning my promotion from 300L to 400L would take approximately two years. If I had known, accumulating my school fees, rent fees, dues and other expenses for just two years would have comfortably covered my trip expenses to Senegal and no doubt I should be living just fine.

I always look like a clown for believing in Nigeria and her educational system.

Your words are touching. I'm so sorry

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
kolakolex:
If we continue this way, schools will never resume. Most rooms in the hostel contains more than the required no of students. A room designed for 4 people takes nothing less 15 to 20 students.
That's what I have been saying. Is it the governments fault. They should be considerate that's all
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by computer750(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
I think this ASSU are up to something,
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
Not even one school from the South East spoke on the risk of reopening amidst COVID-19.

Igbos have really killed the brains of the SE.

May God deliver my people.

I support ASUU on this. Very dangerous to reopen schools now.

All students should remain at home

Let's assume you are just playing around with that last statement.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:36pm On Jan 11, 2021
Slynation:
This union called ASUU is the most useless one ever,they virtually waiting for government to baby sit and provide almost everything for them meanwhile the extortion on students is unbearable, you can imagine a grown up lecturer at a higher echelon telling the government to provide hand sanitizer for lecturers?? This is something if proper IQ was put in use, they would have simply given this project to the students to play with depending on which department falls into the category....But NOoo...we have brainless fellows who were appointed based on "imma mmadu" masquerading themselves as lecturers without anything upstairs.... it's quite unfortunate and a pity the educational sector is experiencing this kinda treatment from those who are incharge of safeguarding her....

But if we should tell eachother the truth, most students ain't annoyed ASUU ain't ready to resume neither are they worried if the proposed lockdown/strike is enforced, they are only worried ASUU has shattered their plans of straffing that girl grin

I agree with you but the second paragraph isn't it o

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by addexx: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
Admission for Sale

Fairly used admission for sale.

2 years one semester left

Faculty of Science

A Premium Federal University

Grade : comfortable 2.1

No carry over

All admission letters, documents and past exam portfolio intact.

Price is subject to discussion.

1 Like

Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
chevkosticks:
I saw this coming
I told my friends I'm gonna resume when I see that there is lecturer in class and lectures are actually going on.
I can't waste transport fare going to school and still be caught up on another lockdown or strike cause I'm very sure ASUU will surely strike again before mid year

God would just have mercy
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Tilykay(m): 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Rico94:
Markets fully open and crowded, if go to viewing centers fully crowded, most churches are open, Monique's are open, many other business centers and organization are open but na only Universities Corona dey, bunch of lazy lectures

I was just laughing at the last sentence.
Re: It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU by Mayor224: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
This covid-19 has come to stay. Why don't we learn to cope with it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools / SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. / ICPC Rescued Female Student Who Had Spent 12 Years On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.