Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission (621 Views)

A LAND OWNER IN LAGOS CITY WITH JUST 400K / Earn Money Online With Zero Registration Fee. / Lagos - A Coastal City With Great Potentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by rolams(m): 1:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Saudi Arabia, the world’s top crude exporter, announced Sunday the launch of an eco-city “with zero cars, zero streets and zero carbon emissions” at its futuristic NEOM mega development.

The $500 billion NEOM project, set to be built from scratch along the kingdom’s picturesque Red Sea coast, is billed as a development evocative of a sci-fi blockbuster.

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman unveiled plans for a city, dubbed “THE LINE”, in a presentation broadcast on state TV.

It consists of “a city of a million residents with a length of 170 kilometres (105 miles) that preserves 95 per cent of nature within NEOM, with zero cars, zero streets and zero carbon emissions,” he said.

“We need to transform the concept of a conventional city into that of a futuristic one,” added the de facto leader of the Arab world’s leading economy, regularly ranked among the world’s most polluting countries.

Prince Mohammed showed computer-generated images of “THE LINE” as well as landscapes of pristine deserts and blue seas.

The pedestrian city will have services such as schools, health centres and green spaces, as well as high-speed public transportation, with no journey expected to take more than 20 minutes, according to a NEOM statement.

Artificial Intelligence will play a key role in the city, the statement said, adding that “it will be powered by 100 per cent clean energy, providing pollution-free, healthier and more sustainable environments for residents”.

Construction of the city will begin in the first quarter of this year, with funding from the Public Investment Fund, the main vehicle through which the kingdom is diversifying its economy beyond oil.

The project is slated to create 380,000 jobs and contribute 180 billion riyals ($48 billion) to the kingdom’s GDP by 2030, the NEOM statement said.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/saudi-arabia-launches-city-with-zero-cars-zero-streets-zero-carbon-emissions/
Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
It is well....
Till now, I don't know who cursed this country, the person or group of persons were really angry when they cursed this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by Mgbadike80: 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
and we're still dealing with Ruga in Nigeria. Eko Atlantic is a waste dump compared to this city.
Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by Mgbadike80: 1:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
southniyikaye:
It is well....
Till now, I don't know who cursed this country, the person or group of persons were really angry when they cursed this country
so they have hidden your fulani in Lagos island rant thread? Nigerians must get sense by force, God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun.
Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by rolams(m): 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
southniyikaye:
It is well....

He tire me ooo
Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by rolams(m): 1:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mgbadike80:
and we're still dealing with Ruga in Nigeria. Eko Atlantic is a waste dump compared to this city.

I am telling you
Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mgbadike80:
so they have hidden your fulani in Lagos island rant thread? Nigerians must get sense by force, God bless Biafra, the land of the rising sun.
I didn't create any fulani thread bro, I am not a tribalist and will never be one.. I only comment on the thread
Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
Naija still dey commission toilet and tap
Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by Mide3367: 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
And some people are dying for jihad matter whereas Saudi don leave them behind

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Launches City With 'zero Car, Zero Street, Zero Carbon Emission by rolams(m): 9:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mide3367:
And some people are dying for jihad matter whereas Saudi don leave them behind

Hmm

(1) (Reply)

FES One, A Guranteed Business And Investment / Which Is The Best Decision To Invest This Money / $300 Airdrop On Trust Wallet distribution 13th Jan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.