Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:52 PM

I need help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I need help (1728 Views)

Depression In An African Home / Pastors Can’t Treat Depression! Mental Health Professionals Do / How Can I Treat Foot Sore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I need help by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 14, 2021
CalliDora1:
Don't tamper with a life you did not create.

Turn to God in prayers first things first and He'll come to your aid.

Every one you see or come across has one or two things bothering them in life but how you handle what is bothering you determines how you'll end up.
Learn not to dwell on the negative situations sorrounding you. Go out and mingle with people if staying indoors all by yourself makes it overwhelming to a point of contemplating the dreadful.

Get busy with fun stuffs. Anything that tickles your fancy and before long, you'll overcome depression.

Also try sharing your worries and fears with others and see them pour out loads of life problems that might even be huger than yours and you'll feel a bit relieved that you're not alone. Don't bottle up feelings, let it out of your chest and the burden will be lifted off.

Lastly, cast all your cares and worries at His feet and enter into His rest through prayers and studying the word of God. I tell you, you'll see things working out for your good.

It is well with you.

no one I talk to ever understands, they seem to stereotype it but the truth is that I have been depressed for as long as I could remember when my father died i was very little and my mates are above me now, nothing to show for my existence, I can't even make myself proud no matter how hard I try, I have pity for my mum but now she is diabetic and that means my problem has tripled, I stopped seeing people since last month, I guess if I go now no one will miss me, honestly I am tired, I am in debt I don't even know how to pay
Re: I need help by Nobody: 7:34am On Jan 14, 2021
mariahAngel:

What do you worry about? Why do you feel pressured?

I am nobody, nothing to show, no one has ever helped me when I really need help but I do help others when I can, I have been trying to raise capital to start a business eversince but then it's like using much money to find little, I have no one, I am in debt, I don't see any light at the end of this tunnel

I use to be a very brilliant kid before my dad died but now all my mates even the not so smart ones are way above, I have been avoiding people

I owe people and somebody duped me last year
Re: I need help by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 14, 2021
Karleb:
Book an appointment with a doctor.

There are some drugs you'd take and you'd feel alright.

For example, you can't cure ADHD via online advice. Talk to your doctor.

I don't want to be dependent on drugs,

Please recommend a doctor, is it free? I can't afford much as I am now
Re: I need help by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 14, 2021
Gabe427:
try music it helps

I mean good catchy lyrics you could at least hum to
good music is relative if it zlatan or Naira Marley .or someone like j Cole ,logic Dave or sia halsey post

and then long walks I would walk sometime long hours with my earphones plugged in

I once crossed local government grin grin but it helped me get tired hence I sleep better ... bottom line don't stay indoors especially if you live alone

finally not for all but I recommend you find Christ it was the only pill I needed

Thanks a lot but please don't let's talk about Christ for now

I am in this situation because my dad died prematurely, I prayed to Christ then as little as I was without sin, why ....

pls don't
Re: I need help by Nobody: 7:48am On Jan 14, 2021
Mindlog:
Seek out a mental health professional. If clinically diagnosed, the psychiatrist will write out prescriptions and there is also the need to attend psychotherapy sessions.

Thanks

But is it not better to go than become a drug addict
Re: I need help by illicit(m): 7:51am On Jan 14, 2021
My guy, howfar, shey na money be the problem, abeg no die o....
U come scarce
Abeg abeg abeg, I take God beg u, no reason am
DM
Re: I need help by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:

no one I talk to ever understands, they seem to stereotype it but the truth is that I have been depressed for as long as I could remember when my father died i was very little and my mates are above me now, nothing to show for my existence, I can't even make myself proud no matter how hard I try, I have pity for my mum but now she is diabetic and that means my problem has tripled, I stopped seeing people since last month, I guess if I go now no one will miss me, honestly I am tired, I am in debt I don't even know how to pay

See, what you don't know is, your miracle to become great in life might just be around the corner and that is why the devil is bringing suicide thoughts to you strongly to rob you of that blessing. Don't give up.

Do you pray?
Do you praise God?
Do you read the Bible?
Try doing these things in your dark moments and see things turning out for your good.

Stop looking at others on their own prosperity, rather look unto Jesus the author and finisher of your faith. He's the only one who can change your situation.

The Bible says, lean not on your own understanding. Trust in God and he will bring everything to pass.

Finally, try not to murmur or complain because God is not moved with murmuring and complains. Rather he's moved with praises and worship. So praise and worship God anytime the Devil brings negative thoughts to your heart and the peace of God that transcends human understanding will fill your heart continually until you begin to experience His miracle.

Also look for a good Bible believing Church and be attending but never discuss your problems with any member. Just keep telling it to God and he'll use men to favor you.

God bless you.
Re: I need help by Shinapraise(m): 8:41am On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:
To cut the long story or life short....

I may go home in the next few moments but if you know help pls recommend before it's too late and pls let it be free....

Thanks

To whom it may concern
if you are still reading this pls pm me whatssap 08161127336

Re: I need help by Mindlog: 9:22am On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:

Thanks

But is it not better to go than become a drug addict

Adherence to medication is not being a drug addict but management of the condition

1 Like

Re: I need help by illicit(m): 9:28am On Jan 14, 2021
CalliDora1:

See, what you don't know is, your miracle to become great in life might just be around the corner and that is why the devil is bringing suicide thoughts to you strongly to rob you of that blessing. Don't give up.

Do you pray?
Do you praise God?
Do you read the Bible?
Try doing these things in your dark moments and see things turning out for your good.

Stop looking at others on their own prosperity, rather look unto Jesus the author and finisher of your faith. He's the only one who can change your situation.

The Bible says, lean not on your own understanding. Trust in God and he will bring everything to pass.

Finally, try not to murmur or complain because God is not moved with murmuring and complains. Rather he's moved with praises and worship. So praise and worship God anytime the Devil brings negative thoughts to your heart and the peace of God that transcends human understanding will fill your heart continually until you begin to experience His miracle.

Also look for a good Bible believing Church and be attending but never discuss your problems with any member. Just keep telling it to God and he'll use men to favor you.

God bless you.

I go to church, I worship, I praise

I have problems too

1 Like

Re: I need help by Gabe427: 9:32am On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:

Thanks a lot but please don't let's talk about Christ for now

I am in this situation because my dad died prematurely, I prayed to Christ then as little as I was without sin, why ....

pls don't

Alright Man take your time.

but God doesn't Kill I found that out to myself .....The devil does..... it the popular human Notion the Lord gives and the Lord taketh.

just take things slow ....you'll be alright when your ready I'm a DM away or you could find a good church with Christ as it center and the Bible it standards.

still sorry I brought up Christ at the above but if I don't talk about him what did I gain .....the music and long walks helps....but lemme not continue
Re: I need help by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 14, 2021
CalliDora1:

Do you pray?
Do you praise God?
Do you read the Bible?

God bless you.

Going to church hasn't been able to pay my debts

That makes it worse because I do all the above but it's like I am just singled out to suffer since I was little and now I can't go on, sorry

I think I will make heaven and if I don't at least I will make peace
Re: I need help by Nobody: 9:48am On Jan 14, 2021
Shinapraise:
if you are still reading this pls pm me whatssap 08161127336

sorry I can't afford anything right now
Re: I need help by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 14, 2021
Gabe427:

Alright Man take your time.

but God doesn't Kill I found that out to myself .....The devil does..... it the popular human Notion the Lord gives and the Lord taketh.

just take things slow ....you'll be alright when your ready I'm a DM away or you could find a good church with Christ as it center and the Bible it standards.

still sorry I brought up Christ at the above but if I don't talk about him what did I gain .....the music and long walks helps....but lemme not continue

Thanks, I will meet Christ soon and tell him my mind
Re: I need help by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:

Going to church hasn't been able to pay my debts

That makes it worse because I do all the above but it's like I am just singled out to suffer since I was little and now I can't go on, sorry

I think I will make heaven and if I don't at least I will make peace

With what mindset have you been going to Church? This is very key to note. If you go to church looking up to men then God will never intervene and man will only disappoint you. But if your mind is set on God, he'll come to your aid speedily.

Please, I beg you. Don't lose hope and stop seeing yourself as a failure. Just that everybody can not just come out here and be telling you what they are going through otherwise you'll be jumping for joy that you are far better but that's not the solution to anything though. Prayer is the only solution and I pray you get help in the quickest time.
Re: I need help by Nobody: 10:18am On Jan 14, 2021
illicit:

I go to church, I worship, I praise

I have problems too

"In the world, ye shall have tribulations but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" . That's the promise of Christ for those who trust in him.

Christ never said it will be all smooth sailing as christians but he assured us of his Victory over all problems on our behalf. which was why God also said, "if you pass through fire, I'll will be with you." So you'll definitely pass through these sufferings but you'll not be consumed by them in the end.

Now, how can you even claim this promises when you're not even in Christ or in right standing with the Father? Get close to Him to enjoy all this promises even in the midst of the toughest times. That has been my only saving Grace in this evil world.

Shalom.
Re: I need help by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 14, 2021
CalliDora1:

"In the world, ye shall have tribulations but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" . That's the promise of Christ for those who trust in him.

Christ never said it will be all smooth sailing as christians but he assured of us of his Victory over all problems on our behalf. which was why God also said, "if you pass through fire, I'll will be with you." So you'll definitely pass through these sufferings but you'll not be consumed by them in the end.

Now, how can you even claim this promises when you're not even in Christ or in right standing with the Father? Get close to Him to enjoy all this promises even in the midst of the toughest times. That has been my only saving Grace in this evil world.

Shalom.

Thanks
I will stand before the father soon

We can't get closer than that

I didn't ask for any tribulations, I am sure there are no tribulations in heaven
Re: I need help by prince2pac(m): 11:06am On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:

man, apart from losing you dad, we share the same story, but for me, I'm fed up. I don't know about you, but even though my mind is made up, I will still tell you one thing, hold on, be strong
Re: I need help by prince2pac(m): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2021
I don't know why people keep bringing up the church when one is depressed, what kind of sane life haven't I lived, when it comes to praying, fasting, I don't think anyone comes close because I know my life and I want a better one.

I have priests and pastors I have worked with, many of them, I have tried talking to them one after the other about me being depressed, but don't give that attention, even my best friend takes it like a joke. the next thing they always remind me is that I'm living with someone who is feeding me for now, like my problems are not food, I don't know why people don't understand.

1 Like

Re: I need help by Gabe427: 11:34am On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:

Thanks, I will meet Christ soon and tell him my mind

You won't have to meet him he would come to you and tell you your mind
Re: I need help by Gabe427: 11:35am On Jan 14, 2021
prince2pac:
I don't know why people keep bringing up the church when one is depressed, what kind of sane life haven't I lived, when it comes to praying, fasting, I don't think anyone comes close because I know my life and I want a better one.

I have priests and pastors I have worked with, many of them, I have tried talking to them one after the other about me being depressed, but don't give that attention, even my best friend takes it like a joke. the next thing they always remind me is that I'm living with someone who is feeding me for now, like my problems are not food, I don't know why people don't understand.

I've had my share of this....
Re: I need help by prince2pac(m): 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
Gabe427:

I've had my share of this....
it's a very bad thing
Re: I need help by Gabe427: 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
prince2pac:
it's a very bad thing

My home is suffocates me at home I just need school to resume so I can at least be normal again
Re: I need help by Gabe427: 1:28pm On Jan 14, 2021
prince2pac:
it's a very bad thing

My home suffocates me at times I just need school to resume so I can at least be normal again

and it a myopov believe that money eventually answers all your problem .....people have real issues and just need people to express them to.

sm1 I once respected told me to my face "I don chop Belle full na why my head get energy create problem wet no dey "

hurts like crap
Re: I need help by Heyyounotyou(f): 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:
To cut the long story or life short....

I may go home in the next few moments but if you know help pls recommend before it's too late and pls let it be free....

Thanks

To whom it may concern

To help you.. We need to know what is eating you up.
Re: I need help by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2021
Heyyounotyou:

To help you.. We need to know what is eating you up.

Maybe another time

Adieu
Re: I need help by Leshurr(f): 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
BlackLondon:

Maybe another time

Adieu

@BlackLondon please take it easy and don't do anything drastic. Please. no situation is permanent. Your tomorrow will be better, I know it will. Take care.
Re: I need help by BusinessCity: 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
Leshurr:

@BlackLondon please take it easy and don't do anything drastic. Please. no situation is permanent. Your tomorrow will be better, I know it will. Take care.

A news headline I saw today caught my attention I feel you can be my gist buddy in demystifying the news. Can you shed light on an abroad palaver for moi?
Re: I need help by Leshurr(f): 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
BusinessCity:

A news headline I saw today caught my attention I feel you can be my gist buddy in demystifying the news. Can you shed light on an abroad palaver for moi?

Let's talk .. send me a pm
Re: I need help by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
I am scared!
Re: I need help by NewsBlast: 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2021
BlackLondon:
I am scared!

Why what's wrong?
Re: I need help by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
NewsBlast:

Why what's wrong?

I have to go but I really don't want to go

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Is About To Put To Bed, Please Advice. / Can You Steal Your Wife’s Money? / White Man Brutally Knocks Out A Woman In A Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.