Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,882 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump (45708 Views)

Bridgestone Suspending Tire Production and all Capital Investment in Russia / Bill Gates Condemns Donald Trump For Suspending WHO Funding / INF Nuclear Treaty: Russia Follows US In Suspending Pact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by new2012: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Amah70:
Twitter went to suppress Trump’s right of expression.

Twitter is paying the price.

Which price?
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Akinsazy1985: 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
Na Trump let them see am finish, make person old like dat dey talk anyhow like small pikin wey no get sense, (SLACK MOUTH)
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Godbless3(m): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2021
dlaw70:
This is the only thing I want right now

Even Heaven will become a treat.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by new2012: 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
almarthins:

I no be Trump fan but the actions of Twitter, Facebook against Trump really got me thinking of deleting my account. There is no such thing as human right it is all a lie

Please delete, twitter, facebook, whatsapp coz facebook owns whatsapp, you can't even go to parler coz it's dead, most servers are powered by AWS, they just cut parler off, AIX, Windows are considering withdrawing license for anybody that host violence related conversations.

Maybe you should just stick to sms

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by new2012: 4:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
sonofElElyon:
they'll lose business and Goodwill. any serious business can not be seem to be expressly partisan

Do you even know what 'partisan' means? Ppl just spew words they know nothing abt..

All business, even the 'other world' of IT are all cleaning up the violence Trump is pushing forward
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
Mrlouis:
THE WORLD NEEDS A COMPLETELY FREE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM. ONE WHERE CONTENT AND INFORMATION CENSORING WILL ONLY BE CARRIED OUT BY THE VOTING OF ITS USERS.

Strike that. Relying on users' votes will still stifle the voice of the minority and it will end up again in the hands of the latest majority opinion. It should be completely free. No censorship whatsoever, anything goes. Let everyone say what he/she likes and let people apply their common sense to sift out the good from the rubbish. I would support age restricting such a forum, though.

Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by BusinessCity: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
Olami29999:
10, 12, 16 respectively..

Let the 16 year old learn barbing too, and be his mentor so he can learn a skill alongside you. Don't say he's too young.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Bimpe29: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
And so?

Heaven will not fall because of that mehn.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by sureinfo: 4:16pm On Jan 11, 2021
Whatever sha, I love the stand they could take to even suspend a head of state, something many Africans wouldn't have done.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by charlesm91(m): 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2021
Person wey dey deactivate official handle of potus na im that useless Adamu for Twitter wan sue.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
It is a shame, very irresponsible and stupid for facebook and twitter to suspend the social media account of the president of the united states of america for a day not to talk of suspending it indefinetely. the have lost my respect permanently allong with that of millions of sane minded people globally.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by EMMY76: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
Why ban Trump and leave far more dangerous men like buhari on Twitter to continue with his propaganda?
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Ooni: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
GreatrAnalyst:

It could be coincidental. Shares could crash for any reason.
Why didn't Facebook shares didn't reportedly crash, so why Twitter alone?

These other platforms banned him as well: Instagram, Snapchat, Shopify, TikTok, Google, Reddit, Twitch, YouTube and more, while that of Twitter seems loud, it can't really be 100% ascertained that shares crashed solely because of that.
While banning him totally may be harsh, but what of the unbecoming things emanating from the office of someone regarded as 'world president', that many of his party's senator had to strongly condemn?
He is most active on Twitter and not active on the rest (if at all he has account with them)
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hongkog:

Lol, name one PERSON on earth that is greater than Donald Trump.
I am waiting oo.

Even your father is greater than Trump. It's not about position but character.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Lucifer1419: 4:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
tammie24:
The pope has been arrested

Hilary Clinton, Obama etc accounts have been frozen

Blackout in Pakistan, Vatican

https://www.conservativebeaver.com/2021/01/10/vatican-blackout-pope-arrested-on-80-count-indictment-for-child-trafficking-fraud/
. Clinton and obama are booth dead.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by EMMY76: 4:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
Why ban Trump and leave far more dangerous men like buhari to continue their propaganda on Twitter?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by ameh43: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
We have gat big problem we are yet to acknowledged. Its not about an individual anymore. Its a plot to strip the world its freedom of expression. We might be okay with it now because we might not like the man its been done to but one by one we will all have a fair shear of this slavary and then, we might have no one to speak or fight for us since all must have been enslaved to their gravel. Parler must be back on air and we have got right to think and reason things the way we wants. Its our opinion and it must not be in agreement with yours @slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by bluefilm: 4:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
wirinet:

Why not test your freedom to express yourself freely here by calling for a March on Aso rock or Senate building to threaten the president or legislators and see how oga seun will react. Or even threaten another nairalander with violence.

Why would I do that?

Why would I threaten the President or legislators?

But with that said...

I can intelligently use Sarcasm to insult, abuse, threaten anybody I feel like and Seun will not do anything.

Why?

It's all about how you deliver your words.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by galantjoe(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ablemed:

Being Blunt and realistic and unfortunately for him, such doesn't work in politics. There are somethings he did which he's not supposed to, Few amongst is practically n partially fighting US closest allies France, gave insulting remarks to a former British PM and snubbed German chancellor's handshake while the world watches, also openly threatening to withdraw US troops from Germany and leave them to their fate

Trump is not a politician so I can't really blame him. He was a good man that wanted the best of US at all and any cost and in trying to do such he bleeped up big time and stepped on toes he's not supposed to

One thing I learnt from Trump's folly is "Learn not to talk too much and be reserved" Fr

But his too much talking got him elected in first place. A talkative is a talkative. It is addictive and uncontrollable.

They don't want him again. So what he supposes to do is to quietly relinquish power and go like Goodluck did in 2015

1 Like

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by sameks08(m): 4:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
Twitter want use Trump shine small but dem go lose lass lass
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by meobizy(f): 4:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
So? It will bounce back. Donald was good for advertisement. Removing him now makes no difference because once he leaves the seat on the 20th he’ll abandon Twitter completely.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by 2shure: 5:05pm On Jan 11, 2021
If you thats gonna make donald trump to slump ,,a rich blonde parrot always online. I too like donald trump,abeg come naija we need u quick. God knows wetin life for be if donald trump na black man.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by letskeeptalking: 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2021
I bet they didn't see this one coming. Jack needs to fire his risk assessors!
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by nextstep(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
letskeeptalking:
I bet they didn't see this one coming. Jack needs to fire his risk assessors!

Eh... this slump is par for the course. See the other dips over the past year? Notice the recoveries after March, and again in November? As a serious investor, you would buy more twitter now that it's on sale. grin

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by nextstep(m): 5:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
Collinsaik:
It is a shame, very irresponsible and stupid for facebook and twitter to suspend the social media account of the president of the united states of america for a day not to talk of suspending it indefinetely. the have lost my respect permanently allong with that of millions of sane minded people globally.

It actually is a good thing that America is the kind of country where even the President can be banned or censured by private entities should they prove dangerous - that's the point of the various checks and balances that have kept this Republic alive for over 243 years without descending into a dictatorship. We should celebrate this ban.

A President who actively incites violence against other people, and indeed the US government - is quite dangerous. Like many demagogues, should checked before things get out of hand. There have been parallels made to Kristallnacht - the Night of Broken Glass - which was a culmination of letting another pseudo-nationalist narcissist run amok. Read about the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer_Hall_Putsch , and you can see where this could end up if left unchecked. I hope the learned Rebublican enablers of Trump are students of history.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by sonofElElyon: 6:11pm On Jan 11, 2021
the real world is different from your e-wars. you need to go and see what Twitter has lost by appearing expressly partisan and denying a sitting POTUS his right to freedom of expression Flagging his tweet is still acceptable but suspending his account Even Angela Merkel has condemned Twitter for this!

you would make a dreadful business man.

my comment says a business can not be seen to be "expressly" partisan.. no doubt business owners have their political leanings but the operative word is "expressly" which you clearly didn't avert your mind to.. "manifestly" is a synonym..

p.s. Facebook share value too has slumped on account of the Trump ban

new2012:

Do you even know what 'partisan' means? Ppl just spew words they know nothing abt..

All business, even the 'other world' of IT are all cleaning up the violence Trump is pushing forward
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Kingspin(m): 6:13pm On Jan 11, 2021
I have said the world don't need a social media tyrant including news air by CNN and co.

These guys are in to control the people's decision with information agenda.

We need alternative voice.
Re: Twitter Shares Slump After Suspending Trump by Hongkog(m): 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
ogbonti:

dem never see anything - Trump is forever a bee stuck on their blokos, he lives in their heads rent free and they are giving him the publicity he needs to stage a blazing come back in 2024

Trump thrives on controversy- the only way to really defeat Trump is to ignore him and they can’t ignore him grin

Lol the only way to defeat him is to kill him, but unfortunately he is powerful than they're.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John Mahama Spotted Clearing Weeds / Gunman Opens Fire At Elementary School In Russia. 9 Dead, Shooter Kills Himself / See Explosive Response CNN Gave Trump On Twitter.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.