Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,000 members, 7,806,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? (37105 Views)

Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? / 5 Departments In OAU Where Bagging First Class Degree Is Almost Impossible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by generalud: 12:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
Obtain DE form and start year 2. From there, you will sit up.QED
Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by rhames(m): 1:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
whyteteeth:
First and foremost I am a 2.2 graduate. But from what I have seen so far, I have come to discover that job adverts specifically give preference to first class and 2.1 graduates and very few give room for 2.2 applicants. And I am yet to see any job specification that includes graduates of third class degree.

Now someone with a third class degree can only do masters after completion of a postgraduate diploma. However, job advertisements for lecturing positions still lay emphasis on minimum of 2.2 for lecturing positions. So a third class degree applicant who has masters and PhD still doesn't stand a chance as compared to first and 2.1 or 2.2 applicants.

So my question is, what is the way forward for third class graduates, should they abandon the degree and enrol for another first degree? Or universities should abolish the award of third class degrees to graduates.

In my own opinion, students who have poor grades that will eventually earn them a third class degree should be given some form of remedial programmes for a year or two which will attract additional fees so they can have opportunity to boost their grades and at least earn a 2.2 upon graduation. Just my opinion!

Please feel free to make your contributions as well. There are a lot of third class degree holders out there who are really frustrated and would want some advice on what to do!

Add a professional certificate

Learn how to make money electronically

Read wide

Learn new skills

Network

Apply for these loans and grants

Good luck

1 Like

Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by Hassanmaye(m): 2:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
Trustedpro:

Currently I have 2guys that left for Canada after pursuing admission for 3years in Nigeria...they have worked for 4 years now in Canada and they have rebuilt their father's house with 7.5million worth of car. Let me shock you here in Naija...I have a friend earning 180k as salary in NCC...he is currently doing his degree with open university. Na few wey i fit remember be this o. Ji masun!!!
With a first class degree ?
Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 13, 2021
Hassanmaye:

God in heaven how did he achieved that

Apparently, his performance blossomed after he traveled abroad for his second degree in Finance and an MBA in Finance afterward - he performed poorly in Zoology which was his first degree

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by Guru9ja(m): 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
https:///message/WTBID5RVHNEBD1

Are you struggling to finish your Research?We are expert in PhD, Masters and Undergraduate subjects in Social & Management Science including Computer Science. We give quality projects within tight deadlines while working under pressure. WhatsApp me for discussion and price or check out our catalogue for more details.
✓Research data analysis and presentation
✓Design / Programming
✓Research Articles
✓Questionaire Development
✓Documentation
✓Research Proposals
✓Literature Review
✓Seminar Papers
✓Report Writing
✓Review Papers
✓Thesis/ Dissertations
✓Editing/ Proofreading

my contact is below
Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by nwakibe: 4:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
immaq8:
I am a third class degree holder. when I saw my final result, I went ahead to beg my course adviser to "please dash me one point so that I can be in the group of 2.2". But the word she gave me, made me to beat my chest that I will never give up.
She said to me, My dear, to be candid with you, you are a brilliant lady BUT the society we are now, do not require your certificate before getting a good job.
I took the words & plan for the future.
today, I'm a Civil Servant in one of the best state in Nigeria.
Same here. I secured a civil service job with my third class. I use to apply for any job advert I see, even when they say it's for 2.1 graduates and above. I'm always confident that I will beat those 2.1 applicants at the point of oral and written interview. I'm the only one that knows the cause of my graduating with 3rd class.

1 Like

Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by AlmaIganishire: 6:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
There’s nothing wrong with Third Class at first, just keep improving your knowledge.
Meanwhile, Stop spending all those extra funds, save them today and they will save you later. Use iNest by FCMB and start today. Click link: https://i-nest.fcmb.com/welcome

Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by Exodora: 10:35pm On Jan 13, 2021
liveyourlife007:
3rd class or not, soyinka's story is that of Success, not failure.
And who is talking about failure here !
Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by ecomalchemist(m): 7:04am On Jan 14, 2021
oluwatosin070:
I graduated with a 3rd class in Mechanical Engineering and I must confess that it is somehow tough getting a job couple with the fact that the age grade for jobs is 26years with 2.1

I am currently doing my PGD in Info Tech where I think I can have an higher chance at nailing a bigger pay job.

But I have equipped myself with different certificates, so it comes handy as back up for my grade.

I pray I nail that big pay job because if hard work equals money, I should have been a Billionaire by now..

All in all, never give up and trust in God.

Cheers

where are you doing your pgd in Info Tech ?
Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by oluwatosin070: 7:33am On Jan 14, 2021
ecomalchemist:

where are you doing your pgd in Info Tech ?

N.O.U.N

1 Like

Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by DHaran: 2:03pm On Jan 15, 2021
After Sorting courses they still want someone to graduate well..some Nigerian lecturers are hypocrates and bastards......i sort courses i tire walahi
Re: What Can A Person Do With A Third Class Degree? by picklighthouse: 3:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Good what did you study in university?

Economics.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ogun Poly Student Commits Suicide After Losing His Tuition Fee To Gambling / The Use Of The Full Stop, Comma And Semicolon / Exam Seating Arrangement In MOUA, Umudike (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.