Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure (34326 Views)

BBNaija's Venita Akpofure Shares Her Nude Photos To Celebrates Her 36th Birthday / Bikini Pictures Of Venita Akpofure / Venita Akpofure Talks About Her Breast Augmentation Procedure In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
PHijo:

That is why your dirty country has failed to make progress in all spheres of human endeavours. If people find the term half caste to be derogatory you Nigerians should learn to respect that!

What has half caste got to do with a country making progress in all spheres of human endeavor? By d way, which country are u from?
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by oludotun17666: 8:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Why's this dumbo making the rounds?
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 8:53pm On Jan 11, 2021
brandsoncharlie:

Calling someone by his or her race is racial slur or where the person is coming from is racial slur and derogatory

Based on ur analysis, what makes biracial a lesser racial slur than half caste?
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
44Bulldog:

Yeah

Now u know cheesy

Just like mulatto/mulatta
Who made it racial slur?
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 8:54pm On Jan 11, 2021
Chii59:

Yeah. Derogatory. Like mulatto.

According to....
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by Cousin9999: 9:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tragic mulatto.

Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by Kinkinatus(m): 9:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
If a person says they are not bi-racial whilst having a bi-racial father and an indigenous mother, what does that make a person? Multi-racial? Mixed race? Non-racial? Quarter-racial? One-eighth racial? Un-racial? Some one help me understand.
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by obailala(m): 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
If your father is bi-racial or half-caste (forgive my politically inappropriate slur), then you are quarter caste (forgive my slur once again). tongue
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by Midas01: 10:07pm On Jan 11, 2021
The person who asked cares and you obviously do otherwise you would've skilled the post.
BruncleZuma:
Who cares please?

[img]https://media1./images/8e37a33c823145f9cbccc2c92ba820ae/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by 44Bulldog(m): 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
lexy2014:

Who made it racial slur?

Who made "nigga" racial slur?
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by PHijo(m): 10:34pm On Jan 11, 2021
lexy2014:

What has half caste got to do with a country making progress in all spheres of human endeavor? By d way, which country are u from?

Many things! It just show how people in that hellhole are not willing to learn, how intolerant they are. People who are not willing to learn to correct their mistakes cannot implement positive change.

I didn't choose to be Nigerian. Nigerians forced their dirty tag on my ethnic nation.
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by PHijo(m): 10:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
thatigboman:
an american judge has ruled that a black man can never accused of being a racist. So calling someone half-caste is not racist and can never be. It's even a thing of awe to us.

Inadvertently you admitted self hate!
Clap for yourself
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by offset67(m): 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
her mumu don too much
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by Checked86: 11:14pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kriss216:
No one cares what or who you are, Venita!
i think the person that asked cared
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by africandollar: 12:08am On Jan 12, 2021
She 'quarter-cast' then? grin
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 5:26am On Jan 12, 2021
44Bulldog:

Who made "nigga" racial slur?

I don't no. U tell me
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 5:29am On Jan 12, 2021
PHijo:

Many things! It just show how people in that hellhole are not willing to learn, how intolerant they are. People who are not willing to learn to correct their mistakes cannot implement positive change.

I didn't choose to be Nigerian. Nigerians forced their dirty tag on my ethnic nation.

What are d many things? I clearly don't see any tolerance in ur tone& in ur write up. Maybe we can also conclude that u aren't making progress in all areas of life. I didn't ask u whether u chose ur nationality or not. Kint go thru my questions again:

1. What has half caste got to do with a country making progress in all spheres of human endeavor?
2. By d way, which country are u from?
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by SAMBARRY: 5:55am On Jan 12, 2021
Sonnobax15:
undecided

No be only biracial,na bi-igbo abi na bi-calabar.

This girl na confirm urhobo girl jor.....My tribe girl for that matter..
she's quarter cast cheesy
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by Maghan37: 6:02am On Jan 12, 2021
PHijo:

It is derogatory! That most Nigerians are dumb, ignorant and arrogant does not change the meaning of the word!

That a white man calls a black man Nigger in America without knowledge of what it stands for wouldn't save him from the consequences.
I hope you are also aware that when a blackman calls a fellow blackman Nigger it is not viewed as offensive. A word viewed as offensive depends on the perception of people towards it.
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by PHijo(m): 8:50am On Jan 12, 2021
lexy2014:

What are d many things? I clearly don't see any tolerance in ur tone& in ur write up. Maybe we can also conclude that u aren't making progress in all areas of life. I didn't ask u whether u chose ur nationality or not. Kint go thru my questions again:

1. What has half caste got to do with a country making progress in all spheres of human endeavor?
2. By d way, which country are u from?

Simple, when people refuse to learn and tolerate others they fail to progress in life. Nigeria is a failed state because they are unjust, selfish, criminally minded, corrupt and discriminatory.
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by PHijo(m): 8:51am On Jan 12, 2021
Maghan37:
I hope you are also aware that when a blackman calls a fellow blackman Nigger it is not viewed as offensive. A word viewed as offensive depends on the perception of people towards it.

Well, a mixed person is not Black. You don't have the right to call them what most of them feel is derogatory.
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by 44Bulldog(m): 10:09am On Jan 12, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't no. U tell me

Nigger "nigga" is the word used to refer to black slaves during the time of slave trade and it's demeaning to use that word against blacks in this mordern day world, especially by white counterpart

Half-caste/mulatto is also another word used against people from white and black parents back then during the era of slavery and colonization because they believe anybody of mixed race is as a result of masters having carnal knowledge with their black female slaves resulting in "mulatto" which they believe they're still slaves (worthless), it's also not a right word to use against people of mixed race in this mordern day world because it's demeaning.

Now u know cool
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
44Bulldog:

Nigger "nigga" is the word used to refer to black slaves during the time of slave trade and it's demeaning to use that word against blacks in this mordern day world, especially by white counterpart

Half-caste/mulatto is also another word used against people from white and black parents back then during the era of slavery and colonization because they believe anybody of mixed race is as a result of masters having carnal knowledge with their black female slaves resulting in "mulatto" which they believe they're still slaves (worthless), it's also not a right word to use against people of mixed race in this mordern day world because it's demeaning.

Now u know cool

I will bring out 2 sentences in ur comment above:

44Bulldog:

Nigger "nigga" is.... demeaning to use that word against blacks in this mordern day world, especially by white counterpart

"mulatto"....it's also not a right word to use against people of mixed race in this mordern day world because it's demeaning.

According to d above, u said when d words half-caste/niggar are used AGAINST people, then it is demeaning. In d Twitter chat, was d word half-caste used AGAINST d lady? So it means if d words half-caste/niggar are used FOR people, then it isn't demeaning
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by 44Bulldog(m): 12:09am On Jan 13, 2021
lexy2014:

I will bring out 2 sentences in ur comment above:

According to d above, u said when d words half-caste/niggar are used AGAINST people, then it is demeaning. In d Twitter chat, was d word half-caste used AGAINST d lady? So it means if d words half-caste/niggar are used FOR people, then it isn't demeaning

Re-read what u wrote
Are u confused or u lack comprehension about the post?

The person in question actually corrected who referred to her as an half-caste
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 12:14am On Jan 13, 2021
44Bulldog:

Re-read what u wrote
Are u confused or u lack comprehension about the post?

The person in question actually corrected who referred to her as an half-caste

Ur display of emotions doesn't answer d questions I asked neither does it address ur use of d word "AGAINST" as against d word "FOR".

Kindly do d honours. According to u:

"Nigger "nigga" is.... demeaning to use that word against blacks in this mordern day world, especially by white counterpart

"mulatto"....it's also not a right word to use against people of mixed race in this mordern day world because it's demeaning."

My question goes this:

"According to d above, u said when d words half-caste/niggar are used AGAINST people, then it is demeaning. In d Twitter chat, was d word half-caste used AGAINST d lady? So does it means if d words half-caste/niggar are used FOR people, then it isn't demeaning?"
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by omoyankee3(m): 1:17am On Jan 13, 2021
You be Bi-cycle
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by 44Bulldog(m): 3:23am On Jan 13, 2021
lexy2014:

[s]Ur display of emotions doesn't answer d questions I asked neither does it address ur use of d word "AGAINST" as against d word "FOR".[/s]

Kindly do d honours. According to u:

"Nigger "nigga" is.... demeaning to use that word against blacks in this mordern day world, especially by white counterpart

"mulatto"....it's also not a right word to use against people of mixed race in this mordern day world because it's demeaning."

My question goes this:

"According to d above, u said when d words half-caste/niggar are used AGAINST people, then it is demeaning. In d Twitter chat, was d word half-caste used AGAINST d lady? So does it means if d words half-caste/niggar are used FOR people, then it isn't demeaning?"

I know what I said, I didn't misuse the word I used... you're the one confused here

No dey do like wole soyinka next time

You're only trying to pick faults and mistakes where there is none... sorry to say, u just shot urself in the balls undecided

So u mean the word "AGAINST" I used was wrong right?...nawa for Nairaland audio professors ooo hahaha cheesy

Both "FOR" and "AGAINST" are demeaning

I used "AGAINST" because most of the time, those words are said to hurt the person in question cool

So if it's used "FOR" people... it's also demeaning, based on how u perceived it

The way the lady in question replied shows she felt the word "half cast" was used against her, meanwhile the person that used that word might have a pure heart undecided

As a black man that you're, if you address me as "nigga" I won't pick it as an offence or a demeaning word because I feel like it's a normal thing for blacks to call themselves that.
(FOR)....not demeaning

But opposite is the case for the whites, for example during an argument and a white man utter that word "nigga" to me. It's been used "AGAINST" me.
(AGAINST).... demeaning

Take for example...the match that was cancelled btw PSG and instanbul BB.

The official only used the word "negro" to refer to Webo but Webo picked an offence because he felt it was used against him.
(FOR)... Demeaning

In case u don't know how the story goes, here it is;
During the match...the Romanian ref went to the touchline to award a yellow card to them coaches and co...so the coach, ast. Coach and co were confused so they ask the ref as he was moving back to the pitch that who was the card meant for, the ref said it in Romanian language and utter the word "negro" among what he said and Webo fled up upon hearing the word "negro" even tho he doesn't understand the remaining word the ref said, naso everywhere scatter, players left the pitch to protest against racism blah blah blah

When the ref was interviewed/investigated upon why he used the N- word, he said the word "negro" means black in Romanian language that he was only saying the card was meant for that black man among them because Webo was truely the only black among them, and he(ref) found it surprising when everywhere scatter, that "negro" generally means anything black in Romanian language (official)

In summary.... depends on how the person in question perceived it (FOR or AGAINST), (Demeaning or not Demeaning) cool

Further mentions or quotes may not be entertained because I expect u to understand this piece of write-up, if not...go back to sec sch to learn more or employ an English teacher

Peace
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by Maghan37: 9:08am On Jan 13, 2021
PHijo:

Well, a mixed person is not Black. You don't have the right to call them what most of them feel is derogatory.
Ok good point.
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 9:10am On Jan 13, 2021
44Bulldog:

I know what I said, I didn't misuse the word I used... you're the one confused here

No dey do like wole soyinka next time

You're only trying to pick faults and mistakes where there is none... sorry to say, u just shot urself in the balls undecided

So u mean the word "AGAINST" I used was wrong right?...nawa for Nairaland audio professors ooo hahaha cheesy

Both "FOR" and "AGAINST" are demeaning

I used "AGAINST" because most of the time, those words are said to hurt the person in question cool

So if it's used "FOR" people... it's also demeaning, based on how u perceived it

The way the lady in question replied shows she felt the word "half cast" was used against her, meanwhile the person that used that word might have a pure heart undecided

As a black man that you're, if you address me as "nigga" I won't pick it as an offence or a demeaning word because I feel like it's a normal thing for blacks to call themselves that.
(FOR)....not demeaning

But opposite is the case for the whites, for example during an argument and a white man utter that word "nigga" to me. It's been used "AGAINST" me.
(AGAINST).... demeaning

Take for example...the match that was cancelled btw PSG and instanbul BB.

The official only used the word "negro" to refer to Webo but Webo picked an offence because he felt it was used against him.
(FOR)... Demeaning

In case u don't know how the story goes, here it is;
During the match...the Romanian ref went to the touchline to award a yellow card to them coaches and co...so the coach, ast. Coach and co were confused so they ask the ref as he was moving back to the pitch that who was the card meant for, the ref said it in Romanian language and utter the word "negro" among what he said and Webo fled up upon hearing the word "negro" even tho he doesn't understand the remaining word the ref said, naso everywhere scatter, players left the pitch to protest against racism blah blah blah

When the ref was interviewed/investigated upon why he used the N- word, he said the word "negro" means black in Romanian language that he was only saying the card was meant for that black man among them because Webo was truely the only black among them, and he(ref) found it surprising when everywhere scatter, that "negro" generally means anything black in Romanian language (official)

In summary.... depends on how the person in question perceived it (FOR or AGAINST), (Demeaning or not Demeaning) cool

Further mentions or quotes may not be entertained because I expect u to understand this piece of write-up, if not...go back to sec sch to learn more or employ an English teacher

Peace

When u say "further mentions or quotes may not be entertained", u sound as if u have power to decide whether a person sends quotes or not or u have power to decide what happens to a persons quote.

U are victim of your choice of words so once again, keep ur emotions in check.

In d US for instance, d blacks call themselves niggars without repercussion. Is that an instance of a racial slur being used FOR and AGAINST? Bernando Silva of Manchester city was once fined by d English FA because he used a black emoji when sending a message to his friend & fellow teammate Mendy. Mendy, a black french man, d object& recipient of d message didn't consider it offensive & he defended Silva. Is this a case of FOR or AGAINST?
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by 44Bulldog(m): 9:59am On Jan 13, 2021
lexy2014:

When u say "further mentions or quotes may not be entertained", u sound as if u have power to decide whether a person sends quotes or not or u have power to decide what happens to a persons quote.

U are victim of your choice of words so once again, keep ur emotions in check.

In d US for instance, d blacks call themselves niggars without repercussion. Is that an instance of a racial slur being used FOR and AGAINST? Bernando Silva of Manchester city was once fined by d English FA because he used a black emoji when sending a message to his friend & fellow teammate Mendy. Mendy, a black french man, d object& recipient of d message didn't consider it offensive & he defended Silva. Is this a case of FOR or AGAINST?

That's what I've said earlier undecided
Something similar happened to cavani recently

It's how it's perceived by the person involved (probably victim)... couldn't find better word

In case of Silva, Cavani, Webo....it was used by whites "FOR" blacks.... which modern day society finds it demeaning and offensive (especially if used by whites) whereas their heart is pure. Even if it's used "FOR" by the whites, whether they like it or not, it'll be termed as "AGAINST" automatically

In case of Webo....it was used "FOR" to refer to Webo politely (black) and Webo/society took it at the wrong side....

That's why I said it depends on how the person (probably victim) perceived it

Cavani, Silva, Webo.....used "FOR" but the society termed it as "AGAINST"

As for amongst US black folks.... it's used "FOR" and not "AGAINST"
Re: I’m Not Biracial – Venita Akpofure by lexy2014: 10:13am On Jan 13, 2021
44Bulldog:

That's what I've said earlier undecided
Something similar happened to cavani recently

It's how it's perceived by the person involved (probably victim)... couldn't find better word

In case of Silva, Cavani, Webo....it was used by whites "FOR" blacks.... which modern day society finds it demeaning and offensive (especially if used by whites) whereas their heart is pure. Even if it's used "FOR" by the whites, whether they like it or not, it'll be termed as "AGAINST" automatically

In case of Webo....it was used "FOR" to refer to Webo politely (black) and Webo/society took it at the wrong side....

That's why I said it depends on how the person (probably victim) perceived it

Cavani, Silva, Webo.....used "FOR" but the society termed it as "AGAINST"

As for amongst US black folks.... it's used "FOR" and not "AGAINST"

So from d foregoing, it's obvious that d whole issue of racial slur or demeaning words is a farce. The same society that u say termed d use of d word niggar as AGAINST when it was used FOR in d case of Cavani, Webo and Silva doesn't see anything wrong when it is used FOR when blacks use it on each other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Simi Looks Beautiful In Yellow Dress / Mary Timms Slays In Bikini Shoots For US Fashion Brand (Photos) / Uche Maduagu Blasts Bobrisky Heavily In New IG Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.