Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed (33946 Views)

Amaechi: FG Has Paid $150m Out Of $500m Chinese Loan On Abuja-Kaduna Railway / Amaechi: FG Needs $656 MillionTo Complete Lagos-Ibadan Railway / Amaechi: FG Will Complete The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project By December (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by ijustdey: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
The Federal Government says it will shut down the Lagos-Ibadan and the Abuja-Kaduna train services should there be any case of Covid-19 detected among passengers.

The Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, stated this on Monday while featuring on NTA Good Morning Nigeria programme monitored by The PUNCH.

He said train users must comply with all Covid-19 protocols from the beginning of every trip to the end.

The minister said, “If we see that we are conveying passengers who have Covid from Lagos to Ibadan and Ibadan to Lagos, we will stop it just like we are threatened to stop the one from Kaduna to Abuja if people don’t comply with the Covid protocols.

“Don’t forget that on Kaduna-Abuja, we convey 4,000 passengers in a day. Imagine that about 20 per cent have Covid, they can transmit Covid to the entire passengers. The rate of transmission will be high. The same is applicable to Lagos. Everybody must comply with the Covid protocols, wear your masks till the end of the journey.”

The minister also added that the $1.6bn Lagos-Ibadan railway project which would be completed this month would be inaugurated virtually by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).

The Nigerian Railway Corporation had in December 2020 commenced operations for the Lagos-Ibadan railway, a standard gauge rail covering a distance of 156km.

https://punchng.com/fg-will-stop-train-services-if-amaechi/

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
angry
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by LoveNbeloved(f): 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
sad
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by yinkus6750(m): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
The Government needs to take very serious steps.
Passengers should follow all Covid procedures and same should reflect in the sitting procedure.
We don't pray for further escalation.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Maziodanz: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
If what?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Thegracefulness: 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2021
A lot of people are walking with Corona Virus but how would they know, when testing is over N40,000.

Fortunately for us—almost like our “chi” knows we cannot handle this pandemic.

How its not killing us upon all their jokes in NIMc offices and wedding ceremonies is a surprise.

Forget Covid19 protocol or whatnot, lockdown is a stringent but neccesary measure to curb this virus, unfortunately I’d not advise it for Nigeria.

If they lockdown, at least emulate other countries locking down and offering citizens with relief materials to cope.

Trump gave Americans $600, again Joe Biden has pushed to give them another $2000—albeit considerations monthly, but would Nigeria see that?

Let me say it, clearly we’re not managing this pandemic well. It may stay for a very long time—even after they roll out vaccines. By the time they politicize the vaccination process, people that have already been vaccinated would get re-infected, since the virus trampers with immune memory.

God help us because this handshake don dey reach elbow. One whole year, wasted, gone to the dogs.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Mightymanna(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Acting as if they use their pocket money to provide the train services.

They will construct one road and start thinking like they do us a favour with our own tax

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by DirtyGold: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
After using blood money borrowing away the country's sovereignty, the man in charge of it is still threatening to deny Nigerians access to the facilities?

It's like thunder needs to visits these people o angry

What's tha business?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by inforesource: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Which kind straight Jacket way of thinking be that? Also shut down Airlines if you dictate any case too. Lazy youth. angry

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Sonnobax15(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
shocked

Stopping train services simply because of not observing covid-19 protocols while the same covid-19 protocols are broken in NIMC offices would make a sensible Nigerian think if we are being led by a bunch of foolish old politicians or if we are being seen as their co-fools

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by lathrowinger: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Plz do, coz the fee for the train sef is too much
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by OgbanjeProphet: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Covid-19 is not my problem right now.

My problem is why no railway station is being cited anywhere in the south east yet embarassed

One Nigeria gbuo unu there!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by tammie24: 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2021
Always threatening their citizens

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by OgbanjeProphet: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
I will comment on the topic when I see any railway station built and commissioned by Buhari's government in the south east.
Before you shout SECOND NIGER BRIDGE, go to the site, then come back and tell me wetin you see on ground.

One Nigeria kill una there!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by buymyride: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
And after shutting it down, COVID would miraculously disappear from Nigeria right? What’s the positive effect of shutting down a service whose close substitutes are everywhere and ready to take over? Make una Dey pretend sometimes say una no Dey clueless nah cry

Check my signature, I have a 2016 Honda Accord toks selling cheap with just 23k mileage.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Analyst7: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Well not bad, nothing is working in this country embarassed
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Guestlander: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Good move. Safety first.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by JoeEeL(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Idiots in power think they can turn the whole of Nigerians into Almajiri... begging for everything.

Foooools. Threaten your own asses!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by KnightsTemplar(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lol, these guys are funny.

Tell the passengers to adhere strictly to Covid-19 protocols, no face mask no entry, once you enter don't remove face mask, any person found wanting will be sanctioned, enforce it. Disinfect the coaches after each trip, at least una dey collect big money on top train. Amechi you don't need to shut down a train service because people tested positive for the virus.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by JohnDazzy: 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
K
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by ekestic1976(f): 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
Stop train service now! No be you get your tin?
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by olaboy33(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
Was it designed for the common man in the first place.

Lagos - Ibadan bus no dey stop even if lock down dey.
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Offpoint1: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
When I'm done listening to this Eminem Grey Skylar "Black magic"... I'll comment.
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by forgiveness: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
I concur.
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Laxikenna: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
Nice
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by iamimohtal(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
I think a shut down is neccesasry to prevent the spread if the rules are not obeyed.
And I also think Ameachi no get sense, Why the threat !

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Nigeriabiafra80: 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
They can’t stop bandit and boko haram
But can stop rail line they borrowed Nigeria future to build
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by saheedbadmus(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
Stop am na .. how many people dey board am before .. 2 cost jare
Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by solmusdesigns: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
cool

Making mouth, as if the Chinese debt collector would let that happen

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: FG Will Stop Train Services If COVID-19 Protocols Are Not Observed by Omik1: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
Is like the trains are faulty so they want to hang it on covid so as to avoid........

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: El-Rufai Should Be President For 4 Years / Rotimi Akeredolu Thanks Ondo Citizens For Prayers, Support During Ill-health / Judge In Illinois, Chicago Ordered The Release Of Tinubu Academic Records

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.