Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,973 members, 7,806,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s (39871 Views)

Chido Onumah: "I Am Aisha Yesufu, I Am A Biafran, We All Are Biafrans" / Aisha Yesufu: I Got My NYSC Even Before Buhari Wrote His Cambridge / Aisha Yesufu: I Wonder How Buhari Became A General Considering Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by CastedAyo: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2021
Co-founder of Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement Aisha Yesufu has said she witnessed same-sex marriages in Nigeria in the 1980s, Igbere TV reports.

Mrs Yesufu said on Monday that homosexuality was not a new discovery in Nigeria, adding that the choice of sexuality is personal.

“You do not need anyone liking your choice of sexuality. All you need is being given the right to practise your sexuality.

“Homosexuality was freely practiced in Nigeria for hundreds of years and I witnessed same sex marriages in the 80s. So calm down, it is not a new discovery,” she tweeted.

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1348582486943657989?s=20

When questioned by a Twitter user Imorta Rakeem about the veracity of her claims, Yesufu replied that the LGBTQ community in Nigeria is unaware that homosexuality existed in Nigeria before the coming of the colonialists.

“The most irritating part is that many amongst the LGBTQ community in Nigeria also do not know that before the coming of the colonialists it was entrenched here even while it was illegal over there,” she said.

https://twitter.com/AishaYesufu/status/1348590316337717248?s=20

Homosexuality and same-sex relationships attract a penalty of up to 14 years in Nigeria.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2021
The truth is all these activists are just after self popularity and the hustle for fat media paycheck, public validation on every of their opinion. If Aisha can't answer the following questions then she should cover her face with shame and either walk back to her village shell in Edo or the streets of Kano where she grew up !!
Name of the homo couples
Venue of the wedding ceremony
Name of officiating priests
Name of the bride and groom parents
Then pictures from the homo wedding!!

185 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Kriss216: 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
Homosexuality is a borrowed practice.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by EngrMcDon(m): 5:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
Practice at your own risk...

In Burna's voice "I no be one of those wey dey fear t*t* fu*k nyash"

Damn!!!! The thought alone,,, Teuh

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Praxis758: 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
This one has derailed from her course. So she's directly canvassing for same-sex marriage. The earlier she wake up from her deep sleep, the better for her.

Western countries that most folks are using as examples didn't built their advancement values on those immoral, ungodly and uncultured values.

We often deceive ourselves that openness of opinion is the major cause of western advancement, capital lie!

We say no to immorality in Nigeria. We are people of values.

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by mekaw(m): 5:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
it's a pity, she has lost it completely

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by doggedfighter(f): 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
That's a woman that thinks and doesn't allow religion think for her

Allow people make their choice and live with the consequences and benefits of such choice.

Live and let live !

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Duridadi: 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2021
Because BACK then you were ONE of THEM kiss kiss

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by emmabest2000(m): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
Control your tongue woman

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Righteousness2(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
No Matter when or where or how it is Done, same Sex Marriage is an abomination. It is ungodly, unholy and an act of outright Rebellion against GOD ALMIGHTY

131 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by joseph1832(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Please where did she witness it let her name the people involve. Someone like her shouldn't be making abstract statements. We need pure hard core facts!.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by xcesspaschal(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Aisha is another Kemi. But truth be told that If i wait for someone else to validate my existence, it will mean that I'm shortchanging myself.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
I love this woman a lot!
Live and let others live.
You're disgusted by LGBT and the couples are okay with it alone is an evidence that you should let everyone live their lives.
I've seen effeminate guys, and tomboy ladies.

Many of them were the nicest people I ever came across and in fact, I'd love to see them everyday.
The reasons behind the hate is something I'm still to find out!

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Bigggloadofcum: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
grin

I witnessed it four years ago somewhere in Abuja.

Truly shit has always been.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
Touch a homophobic somebody and next moment they're like their religion is against it.
Who wrote the holy books? SILENCE

Moses was also probably a homophobic prophet, and he lived his life his way.
Let people of our generation live theirs, their way!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by SultanOfPuna: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
Homo that existed in Sodom & Gomorah in 8 B.C
Before Jesus Christ oooo

Something wey since 1829, youruba people dey do well well before christian missionary came and abolished it from yorubaland

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Generalkorex(m): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
No be today
Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Neddstark: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
I am not against her opinions. If she is okay with both her sons doing the gay 69 with each other, fine with me. But what I know is that Islam is 100% against homosexuality and she should stop wearing that Hijab that portrays her as a Muslim woman. She is not a Muslim

Yeah for the record, I am a Christian. If you are going to support homosexuality, stop being a Christian. Homosexuality has no home in Christianity. Supporting homosexuality as a Christian makes you an agent of the devil in disguise. Yes and you will not be part of the Kingdom of God so stop trying to please the liberal and denounce biblical rules.

85 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Hongkog(m): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
That is now our problem, we don't want it now Periodt.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by blinking001(m): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
We wont accept that bullshit...... this country is for Christ Jesus...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by HereForGood: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
Really

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Like

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
Bonessaw:
Future 9th Igbo state
Name: Omanbala
Capital: Aguleri
LGA:
Oyi
Ayamelum
Agukwu-Nri (Carved out of Anaocha)
Anambra West
Anambra East
Ibaji
Igalamela
Odolu
Olumbanasa
Umueri

10 LGA in all which can be expanded to cater for the population.

OFF TOPIC!

Again, this is the second time I am reporting this post. My first post was deleted but this user wasn't punished!

You now see why some well-meaning Nairalanders are upset? The kind of injustice going on here, ah!

On another note, I suspect some moderators are running multiple accounts. Since they can't post nonsense via their main accounts for fear of backlash, resort to using secondary accounts? Very possible! Otherwise, why are the users I reported earlier still "walking freely"? Why are my reports deleted? I can't even tag moderators again because they'll delete this post and nothing will still happen to the offenders, because they are not Northerners!

Why is Nairaland anti-North? Why are some of the mods biased? Yet we blame our leaders, ironical, right? It's well!

Nigeria must better!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by KhingLufem1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Sensitivity: 7:30pm On Jan 11, 2021
Flackoo:
The truth is all these activists are just after self popularity and the hustle for fat media paycheck, public validation on every of their opinion. If Aisha can't answer the following questions then she should cover her face with shame and either walk back to her village shell in Edo or the streets of Kano where she grew up !!
Name of the homo couples
Venue of the wedding ceremony
Name of officiating priests
Name of the bride and groom parents
Then pictures from the homo wedding!!
You are a certified fool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Commonguy(m): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
eh what is new in this world. so Nigeria will be different abegi that one no be News
Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by unitysheart(m): 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hmmm. Their true intent gradually showing. We don hear

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 11, 2021
Aisha don fall my hand on this post. All the same I can't hate homosexuals though i hate the act.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s by FAIRALL(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
In Igboland, it is a taboo!

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Boko Haram, ISWAP Terrorists Who Surrendered / Senators Give Terms For Confirming Ministers / Another Security Formation Attacked In Rivers State, Soldiers Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.