Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah (34348 Views)

Armed Fulani Bandits In Zamfara Forest (Pictures) / Gallant ESN Extradites Miyeti Allah Bandits Who Tried To Invade Enugu 2ru Benue / 2 Truckloads Of Armed Fulani Herdsmen Arrive In Akure - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by MyopicMods: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2021
The Chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association in Oyo State, Alhaji Ibrahim Jiji, on Monday said though it is true that his team planned to raid some forests with the men of Amotekun Corps, they carried out the raid without vigilantes in his association.

He appealed to the Oyo State government to release 46 Fulani in police custody, saying they are members of Vigilante Group of Nigeria (VGN) securing people in Ibarapa land.

Jiji, who stated this at a press conference in Ibadan on Monday, said the arrested vigilantes were among the people invited to rescue some kidnap victims in the area.

SaharaReporters had reported the controversy surrounding the alleged killing of a 70-year-old man and his two sons in the Ibarapa area of the state on Saturday.

Explaining how they were arrested, Jiji said; "They invited us to a meeting in Ibadan where they told us that they needed our support to fight insecurity in Ibarapa area. We told them we were going to give them 50 among our vigilantes who are Fulani.

"They have been doing the vigilante job for a very long time, therefore they know how to arrest criminals. When the Amotekun operatives were about to leave for the operation, we were still in Eruwa with some of our men who were vigilantes when we heard they had attacked the village.

That was when those of us who are leaders went to the village. When we got there, we saw that three people had already been killed. When I saw the incident, I approached the commandant of Amotekun to know his view on the incident.

"I asked why they didn't wait for us but he didn't answer me. We called our men who were waiting for us in Eruwa to leave the venue of our meeting and return to their homes because Amotekun had done something else. Our plan was not to kill anybody.

In the evening of the same day (Saturday), one of the vigilantes called to tell that two people were kidnapped in Igangan area of the state; we called the vigilantes and told them that they should go and search for the criminals that kidnapped those children but that they must inform police before going. While going there, they were arrested in Igangan.

"They called to tell us that some soldiers had arrested them. They told us that the commander of the troop had left for palace of Seriki Igangan. Returning from the palace, the commandant just arrested them and took them to police station. Those who were going to fight criminals are the set of the people they are parading as criminals. Those people are not criminals; they are the people securing us. They are registered vigilantes and they are working with the police and other security agencies.

"The 46 vigilantes that were arrested have been useful for the state for many years. All the 46 vigilantes are not criminals; they are the people arresting criminals. Even those criminals arrested by our men are with police as we speak.
Thief is thief and not Fulani. Tribe is different from criminals. We are ready to work with Oyo State government to stop criminality in the state

"I am appealing to state government to leave these people (alone). They are not thieves. They are the people who are securing us because we may need them another time. Why we want them to include our members in Amotekun is because of language barrier. We appeal to Oyo State government to include people from other tribes in Amotekun for the job to be efficient.

"I am not happy about the killing of the old man by Amotekun killed. He was over 70 years old when they killed him with his two children. I am not happy about what happened at all. He was an Alfa and had been there for over 45 years before he was killed."

http://saharareporters.com/2021/01/11/46-armed-fulani-people-arrested-oyo-are-vigilantes-securing-communities-—miyetti-allah

1 Like

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2021
Fulani are the ones securing yorubas now

Lol

But sincerely yorubas and fulani share same faith religiously so for them to be security there shows a common ground of understanding..

170 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by CodeTemplar: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
Lol. . . liars.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by GentleD201: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2021
Hnnm

This one weak me grin

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by descarado: 6:26pm On Jan 11, 2021
And Nigerians want their brother or father atiku to take over from buhari?

The same the same. Just that atiku will use different approach to achieve the same objective.

Wonder how more than 240 ethnic groups in Nigeria allowed one minority to squeeze their groin while they are suffering and smiling calling themselves wise and smart especially igbo and Yoruba.

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Kayberg: 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2021
angry
Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by amazingspiderma: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2021
I never knew of the Fulani Cooperate Social Responsibility Unit.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Akaegwu(m): 6:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
Security from the north securing their slaves down the south. God is watching Amotekun.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by richiemcgold: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2021
imagine a foreigner speaking with such audacity as if he and his kinsmen own the land

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Sammy07: 6:33pm On Jan 11, 2021
[s]
Kaduna1stson:
Fulani people are always peaceful and quiet. We have been securing oyo state for over a hundred years while yoruba people dance away their time at owambe parties.

They should be grateful for all we have done for them, even selecting their son to be vice president in our country.

[/s]

We appeal to Oyo State government to include people from other tribes in Amotekun for the job to be efficient.
What nonsense, why will Amotekun job be for people of other tribes??

E ti mu igbo sir
Have you secure Bornu from Boko boys or Bauchi from banditry

187 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Hardgun: 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2021
Olosi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Tranquillity360: 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Yorubas should stop killing innocent fulanis,every Nigerian have freedom of movement.

Remember fulanis never forgive nor forget.

But i thought fulanis and yorubas are one.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Olominira(m): 6:40pm On Jan 11, 2021
Fulani ethnic group should know that a day would come when every other ethnic group in Nigeria would return their deeds

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Redcrafton: 6:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
Sammy07:

True, Fulani and Igbos share the same faith.
Igbos has religious intolerance
Fulanis has religious intolerance

Don't deviate from the topic....

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by solmusdesigns: 6:57pm On Jan 11, 2021
This is why I hope Sowore and his Sahara Reporters rot in jail forever

1 Like

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
Sammy07:

True, Fulani and Igbos share the same faith.
Igbos has religious intolerance
Fulanis has religious intolerance

Incoherency..

how can people share same faith based on intolerance.

you guys said una dey sophiscated with tolerance so fulani decided to secure una

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
All i read and understood was 46 fulani terrorists arrested by Amotekun.

Good job and kudos to the Amotekun corps, the fulani terrorists can do their vigilante job in sambisa forest cool

141 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
Tranquillity360:
[s]Yorubas should stop killing innocent fulanis,every Nigerian have freedom of movement.

Remember fulanis never forgive nor forget[/s].

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Sammy07: 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Incoherency..

how can people share same faith based on intolerance.

you guys said una dey sophiscated with tolerance so fulani decided to secure una

Typo error, different faith with religious intolerance against the other faith.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by IamWonderful: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ndi-criminals

Can you imagine igbos that their people were killed in Enugu and Oyigbo without condemnation from any of their leaders are the same in the thread lamenting and wailing, I pity you when fulani herdsmen launch reprisal attack on you for sending them out of Ebonyi no Amotekun or any other security outfit will be there to rescue you and your leaders will not even come out to condemn the retribution because they don't want to enter Buhari's black book, who will save you?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2021
Sammy07:

Typo error, different faith with religious intolerance against the other faith.

Lol

that kind typo error

7 Likes

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by ThatFairGuy1: 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
Fulani people are always peaceful and quiet. We have been securing oyo state for over a hundred years while yoruba people dance away their time at owambe parties.

They should be grateful for all we have done for them, even selecting their son to be vice president in our country.

DELUSION OF GRANDEUR.
Igbo Man

14 Likes

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Charmingrascal(m): 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
Who licensed their guns?
Who permitted them to be securing another man's land, carrying arms?

What were they doing in the bush?
Like I said earlier 7 Fulanis killed by Amotekun last week were either bandits or they were trying to shield the bandits.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Kaduna1stson: 7:46pm On Jan 11, 2021
IamWonderful:
Ndi-criminals

Can you imagine igbos that their people were killed in Enugu and Oyigbo without condemnation from any of their leaders are the same in the thread lamenting and wailing, I pity you when fulani herdsmen launch reprisal attack on you for sending them out of Ebonyi no Amotekun or any other security outfit will be there to rescue you and your leaders will not even come out to condemn the retribution because they don't want to enter Buhari's black book, who will save you?

Are you saying buharri is supporting terrorism?

16 Likes

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by ThatFairGuy1: 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
This should be well investigated then.
MelesZenawi:
Fulani are the ones securing yorubas now

Lol

But sincerely yorubas and fulani share same faith religiously so for them to be security there shows a common ground of understanding..
My dear Igala man with bigotry

11 Likes

Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by Kaduna1stson: 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2021
Charmingrascal:
Who licensed their guns?
Who permitted them to be securing another man's land, carrying arms?

What were they doing in the bush?
Like I said earlier 7 Fulanis killed by Amotekun last week were either bandits or they were trying to shield the bandits.

Thatfairguy1
Re: 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

Civil War is brewing,
But you unintelligent lots all care about likes and shares, you struggle to be the first to comment on all topics and say nothing but childish rabble,
It's a new year

39 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Forgetful Of My Achievements - Buhari / Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing / Governor Aregbesola's Aged Mother Blesses As He Turns 60 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.